• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Bacon

Questions about bans, my default bans in bronze are Jax, Mundo and Darius.

So far Kog is out of the ban picks but I am not sure if Xin is still a danger alonside with Udyr

I don't really think any of those champions are worth a ban right now. Maybe jax but not really

Calvero

Banned
got counterpicked by a malphite, when i thought i was laning against cho. I was Riven. Yet I fucking shit on this Malphite during laning phase. Was 4/1, died to a Kindred gank when I was low and leaving. My Ali fed enemy Ezreal and Braum, letting Braum get his passive off on him every single fucking time he was in front of him. Our Kassadin fed his ass off. I told him to farm and not try to force fights, and of course he does. And what does he say? "Oh I'm lagging" Yet he keeps purposely walking into 4 man groups trying to fight. What the fuck are people thinking? Do they think you're telling them not to force fights because you don't believe in them or something?

Bronze players cant deal with him

he really is easy wins in bronze/silver. or at least his lane won't be the reason you lose. low-cd reliable escape/initiation, easy to tank and still deal damage. Like an easier, less effective Poppy or some such. But with arguably the best single-target ultimate in the entire game.

zkylon

zkylewd
0nePJQv.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh, the gods of dynamic queue love to balance out our competent 4 man comp with an idiotic Vayne who rushes IE.

edit: weeeeeeeeeeb^^^

drawkcaB

Riot can say the don't exclusively balance the game around competitive all they want but it's difficult to reconcile that statement with Janna. I'm not complaining about Janna per se, I don't find her particularly frustrating to play against, but it's difficult to understand how a champion can have that play rate and win rate in solo queue getting close to two years now.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Riot can say the don't exclusively balance the game around competitive all they want but it's difficult to reconcile that statement with Janna. I'm not complaining about Janna per se, I don't find her particularly frustrating to play against, but it's difficult to understand how a champion can have that play rate and win rate in solo queue getting close to two years now.
Look at sona for precedent.

zkylon

zkylewd
say what you want about lux being meta aligned, but at least she doesn't kill you repeatedly for 25 minutes with no counterplay like zed does

drawkcaB

Look at sona for precedent.

Sona hasn't had anywhere near Janna's play rate over the past two or so years.

Any rate, just had my 5-game Ekko win streak snapped by a dirty AFK'er. Probably my best start as Ekko as well, all gone to waste. If we had Heimer that match was an easy win.

Just tried out Garen Top ...

That PASSIVE!!!
After a team fight where their Jinx was the only survivor I ran into a bush to recall and she hit me we a Ult from their base. It took my tiny bit of health to an even tinier bit of health.

I had to /all lol that one and that seemed to upset her. But she couldn't really follow up on her threats. :p

Blizzard

Banned
I don't complain about games often, but at this point I wish I could get a ranked game that's even CLOSE. I won maybe 6 in a row, then lost maybe 3, then won maybe 3, then lost maybe 5.

The last game, my team had a Shaco jungler who said he was very high and to report him. He invaded a Volibear at level 1 and died.

The enemy team, in the same Silver V game, had TWO different players with 200+ CS at the 20-24 minute mark. The ADC in particular was Caitlyn with 200 CS at maybe 22 minutes. That may be normal for all of you, but at Silver V it's like seeing a unicorn, especially 2 on the same team. The same ADC also said they were very high on marijuana -- maybe that helped? Who knows.

We killed only one tower (mine) and had 0 dragons.

shira

im confused what you mean

like the netcafes or something?

We're having a "Major" tournament and it's rife with production/internet/cultural issues.

Yeah, they run like butter.

That Shanghai Major is a disaster. Even The Summit was better run, even when they didn't have working computers.

giff2gd

never had any problems watching the chinese pro league from here at least

ty

zer0das

Banned
I wish games weren't close more often, because when they're "close" it's because of really stupid stuff. My team had a Nasus with a massive lead because they tried to invade me and failed miserably and Nasus got two kills off of it. They kept stalling by putting 4 people mid, so I'd wander bot and clean up a massive wave, and Nasus would be bodying their Garen 1v1... so my team sits around trying to trade blows 3v4. But they take so much incidental damage, we lose multiple dragons and people because of it. At one point some Morgana wanders into a bush 1v4 and dies, apparently expecting a black shield to save her from the Cait and Garen's damage?

It's like, they're losing an entire lane of CS for 5+ minutes, if we just stall we're going to have so much more gold/exp than them that we're going to crush them if we ward up and destroy them the second they move outside their towers. And that's not even factoring in Nasus. I mean I guess the game wasn't really "close" it just feels that way when your team doesn't realize what their win conditions are.

zkylon

zkylewd
We're having a "Major" tournament and it's rife with production/internet/cultural issues.

ahh that's unfortunate

general league china tournaments have pretty good production values i think, tho the english stream was kind of underwhelming compared to na, eu and korea.

i don't think like it ever had like terrible production/internet issues, tho there's been some weirdness with the format and teams circumventing certain rules through loopholes and stuff

Blizzard

Banned
No she doesnt? I beat rivens with malph all the time
Just poke hr with q, farm at turret and make it sonshe never leaves her lane
How do you poke with Malphite Q without running out of mana? That's 90 mana each even if you build a mana item.

kenbo

No she doesnt? I beat rivens with malph all the time
Just poke hr with q, farm at turret and make it sonshe never leaves her lane
All Riven has to do is E your Q and return the favour by jumping all over you

If you're maxing Q she will push you so hard when she harasses that you'll have issues farming

Maxing E is a lot more reliable against Riven since it can screw over her auto resetting toi

nbraun80

Just tried out Garen Top ...

That PASSIVE!!!
After a team fight where their Jinx was the only survivor I ran into a bush to recall and she hit me we a Ult from their base. It took my tiny bit of health to an even tinier bit of health.

I had to /all lol that one and that seemed to upset her. But she couldn't really follow up on her threats. :p

Ha see, I tried to tell ya before if you want a tanky, damage dealing champ thats easy to learn, garen is the way to go. Plus his ult is very satisfying.

Blizzard

Banned
6th lopsided game in a row. :(

Another thing that's bugging me at the moment is Jhin. 4 games in a row with a Jhin. I finally banned him last game for some variety, and someone dodged. It's like Ezreal a few seasons ago.

Tizoc

All Riven has to do is E your Q and return the favour by jumping all over you

If you're making Q she will push you so hard when she harasses that you'll have issues farming

Maxing E is a lot more reliable against Riven since can screw over her auto resetting toi
I always max e actually but in my elo rivens tend to focus on farming and only engage when away from turret

Ha see, I tried to tell ya before if you want a tanky, damage dealing champ thats easy to learn, garen is the way to go. Plus his ult is very satisfying.

I see indeed lol!

Too bad that's gonna be my only game for tonight. Dodged outta 2 because the teams seemed like they were gonna be toxic :/

nbraun80

ty

From what I've seen of our chinese league, the production value is pretty decent. Although I think of the 4 regions I try and watch (NA, EU, KR, CN) I've seen more delays in the Chinese league, it's usually due to a computer error or peripheral. In fact one game I watched a week ago, they mentioned that one team already had a win in this best of 3, they just couldn't complete the match due to delays. It's by no means as bad as what I've heard your current Major is going through, it's still perfectly fine to watch at nights. I suppose the true test will be at the Mid Season Invitational that's in Shanghai in May.

Blizzard

Banned
Neh, our core jungler is still struggling to get the devourer complete at min 26
I honestly kind of wish that item was not in the game for silver and below. I think I regularly see junglers with 12 stacks on it 25 minutes in, still attempting to farm. At that point it's actively harming the team.

spuckthew

Sigh, the gods of dynamic queue love to balance out our competent 4 man comp with an idiotic Vayne who rushes IE.

Idiotic for the lack of sustain perhaps, unless they have LS runes or something. I usually go BT into Shiv (or PD if I find myself duelling a lot). BotRK (into IE) if I'm behind early for whatever reason because BC gives me enough to catch up. But I don't know if ER is a better item now for the CDs since I've only been back playing for like a month from season 4, but Vayne isn't exactly a champion where I've ever thought "fuck, I wish her CDs were shorter".

Leezard

I honestly kind of wish that item was not in the game for silver and below. I think I regularly see junglers with 12 stacks on it 25 minutes in, still attempting to farm. At that point it's actively harming the team.

I've seen this happen a few times on my team/enemy team I can barely understand how it is possible to be so utterly inefficient at stacking it.

If there's no farming and no ganking, what are they actually doing?

Garen always weirded me out. When I stare at the numbers of his E, it looks like it should do tons of damage (300 +375% AD, going up to 400 +499% AD vs single target). But in practice it often tickles even with a Cleaver.

jerd

I've seen this happen a few times on my team/enemy team I can barely understand how it is possible to be so utterly inefficient at stacking it.

If there's no farming and no ganking, what are they actually doing?

The enemy jungler can do a lot to deny stacks and if I'm against a devourer jungler I'll counter jungle a little more aggressively and get scuttle a little more consistently but yeah if they're 15ish at 25 minutes they have to be taking a supreme boning by the enemy jungler. Even if you're farming super inefficiently (especially at your elo) it seems like you should still accidentally end up sated or almost sated by 25 minutes

nbraun80

Garen always weirded me out. When I stare at the numbers of his E, it looks like it should do tons of damage (300 +375% AD, going up to 400 +499% AD vs single target). But in practice it often tickles even with a Cleaver.
pretty sure it's 37.5%AD not 375%. Not 100% though. If that's the case I'm sure a full ad garen would be scary, plus the E spin can crit.

Leezard

The enemy jungler can do a lot to deny stacks and if I'm against a devourer jungler I'll counter jungle a little more aggressively and get scuttle a little more consistently but yeah if they're 15ish at 25 minutes they have to be taking a supreme boning by the enemy jungler. Even if you're farming super inefficiently (especially at your elo) it seems like you should still accidentally end up sated or almost sated by 25 minutes

Yeah, that's what I mean, it's really difficult for the enemy jungler to deny you both sides of your own jungle and not get punished in any way.

Tizoc

pretty sure it's 37.5%AD not 375%. Not 100% though. If that's the case I'm sure a full ad garen would be scary, plus the E spin can crit.
Crit garrn is hilarious
U shouldve seen it back in the days youmuu offered crit chance
Youmuu+inf edge and a squishy would die from an instant q+e combo

Top Bottom