• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

I won my promo series to Diamond. It was a close one. :eek:

Poppy's Fists:
bJjlU4O.png

Newt

Fallen joins Diamond-GAF.

Also, he wasn't kidding that game was actually close, we snowballed off one play.

Does it ever end?

While I'm playing support 9 out of 10 games. "If our damn support would place some wards!"

Me: "Do you understand what 3/3 means?"

drawkcaB

First ever perfect Ekko game (6/0/7), best performance as Ekko period, and possibly the biggest stomp I've ever been apart of. Even got to build Deathcap as my 2nd item after Runic Echo was completed. The damage was hilarious.

Games like this is why I'm afraid to go top. (and also why I hate being the first to pick. Also, seems like our BS sup Cho was fighting Trist for farm. Was wondering how that was gonna work out ...)

Dude decided to do a Twitch top cheese. I couldn't do shit for the first 15 mins but farm under tower until their WW came to knock down my tower. But it didn't work out for him, he never got the kill and our team was just too tanky for them. I only died by the end of the game, tanking a tower for my team to get some kills.

Top lane ... I feel far more comfortable being close to last pick when I do it. Either to know if I can go tank or if I should make it a range/ mage lane. Mid lane it more about "Are they ranged? Is this the type of ranged champ I don't feel like dancing around as Diana?".

spuckthew

That Rengar's summoner name makes me jealous.

After the summoner name purge of 2013 my mates and I all tried to grab food names.

One of them got Cheese. I managed to get Biscuit and another guy got Cracker. Others got not as good names but still one-word food items. Was pretty funny after the purge when we all started a game as a five. Now the novelty's somewhat worn off :p

Unfortunately, in my infinite wisdom, I renamed to reclaim my usual gamer handle because when I created my account in 2011 it was taken. I wished I kept I Biscuit :(

>loses three games
>first one because Vi and Fiora are both 0/7 20 minutes in
>second one because first time Azir, first time ranked goes 0/12 by 24 min
>third one because my supp is afk first half of them game, Wu and Yi duo are afk the second half of the game

What is the purpose of playing this shitty game, GAF.

6238b22336.jpg

-_-
I hate my life.

Leezard

>loses three games
>third one because my supp is afk first half of them game, Wu and Yi duo are afk the second half of the game

https://puu.sh/nujjc/6238b22336.jpg[IMG]

-_-
I hate my life.[/QUOTE]

ouch.

Always dodge a first time Azir.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
>loses three games

6238b22336.jpg

-_-
I hate my life.

What division are you in? Bronze? Silver? Gold? Plat? Diamond?

kayos90

He's in silver.

If he's in silver and he's trying to get out of it by playing ADCs then he needs to play a champ that will 1.) carry the team hard with damage (going to be the flavor of the month adc or something of that nature) and 2.) that contributes to the team outside of the damage. like Sivir ult.

Newt

If he's in silver and he's trying to get out of it by playing ADCs then he needs to play a champ that will 1.) carry the team hard with damage (going to be the flavor of the month adc or something of that nature) and 2.) that contributes to the team outside of the damage. like Sivir ult.
Or you can just play any ADC well and thats good enough to win.

kayos90

Or you can just play any ADC well and thats good enough to win.

If he's losing because of his teammates then that means he can't super carry his team. Doesn't matter if you play ADC well or not. Sure your win rate might be 50/50 but if you can do something that will make that win rate higher than it doesn't hurt. If he is able to play a champion that's considered OP in this patch while something that contributes some level of CC, whether tht's blinding or hard CC, then it will help him give a higher success rate. It won't guarantee it but it will help. Sometimes it's not just playing ADC well enough to win. You get that over time. Playing champions that meet the criteria mentioned above or OP champions help the odds in your favor.

kayos90

I feel like this whole "carry the team" mentality really holds ADC players back.

How does it hold them back. A single person will rarely carry the entire team but you can give tools to your team to help them carry.

pigeon

Banned
If he's losing because of his teammates then that means he can't super carry his team.

Sure. But nobody is losing because of their teammates. They're losing because of their own play.

I have a theory about why people have this idea, and it has to do with placements. If you're in Silver because you just popped out of placements but you're actually playing at a Gold level, then sure, you can play a hard carry champ and hard carry the game. Because you're just better! So a lot of people have that experience early on and they think that's the normal way to play.

But if you're in Silver because you belong in Silver, and if you've played a decent number of ranked games you are probably pretty close to the ranking you should be at, then trying to hard carry the game is just going to make things worse. You can't outplay the entire enemy team. You're both in Silver! They're just as good as you are. The only way to climb in that situation is to play the champions you're actually good at, in the style you're good at, and get better at the game until you are actually playing at a Gold level. Trying to force a hard carry because "that's how to climb" will just get you on tilt, set you up to make bad decisions, and cause you to lose more.

Nobody is a Gold level player stuck in Silver because they're only playing support or whatever. That doesn't really happen. If you're in Silver you probably belong there. Step one is recognizing that you have a problem.

faridmon

Can someone actually be worse at playing this game? Like seriously worse overnight.

After a lot of wins, in ranked (I think won like 12 in 15 games or something ridiculous) and climberd my way from Bronz V to Bronze II, the past two nights I only one 3 out of 8. Some of them weren't my fault, but alot of them I was straight out rubbish, giong in blind, getting killed off for trying to ward and missing ults on so many occasions. I started playing careful and then started to get out-battled in lane then.

It feels out of nothing I am in the negative spiral when it comes to this game.

My favourite one yet. Those colours pulls you in.

Leezard

Can someone actually be worse at playing this game? Like seriously worse overnight.

After a lot of wins, in ranked (I think won like 12 in 15 games or something ridiculous) and climberd my way from Bronz V to Bronze II, the past two nights I only one 3 out of 8. Some of them weren't my fault, but alot of them I was straight out rubbish, giong in blind, getting killed off for trying to ward and missing ults on so many occasions. I started playing careful and then started to get out-battled in lane then.

It feels out of nothing I am in the negative spiral when it comes to this game.

My favourite one yet. Those colours pulls you in.

It's not uncommon to go on tilt or just have a bad day/week. Chill out in some normals and you will get back soon.

kayos90

Sure. But nobody is losing because of their teammates. They're losing because of their own play.

I have a theory about why people have this idea, and it has to do with placements. If you're in Silver because you just popped out of placements but you're actually playing at a Gold level, then sure, you can play a hard carry champ and hard carry the game. Because you're just better! So a lot of people have that experience early on and they think that's the normal way to play.

But if you're in Silver because you belong in Silver, and if you've played a decent number of ranked games you are probably pretty close to the ranking you should be at, then trying to hard carry the game is just going to make things worse. You can't outplay the entire enemy team. You're both in Silver! They're just as good as you are. The only way to climb in that situation is to play the champions you're actually good at, in the style you're good at, and get better at the game until you are actually playing at a Gold level. Trying to force a hard carry because "that's how to climb" will just get you on tilt, set you up to make bad decisions, and cause you to lose more.

Nobody is a Gold level player stuck in Silver because they're only playing support or whatever. That doesn't really happen. If you're in Silver you probably belong there. Step one is recognizing that you have a problem.

No offense but that theory is pretty garbage. That's not the case. Even if you're playing on a different level your skill should be much much much much better to hard carry a game rather than it being a difference between a single division (e.g. silver to gold). I'm not saying that people belong in a division higher or whatnot. Everyone makes mistakes. That's true. You can also get better. However, if your team is making bad decisions then you're screwed. You can only control what you can do. Even getting people to group properly is difficutl, especially in lower levels because they have the mentality that they need to just get kills, get fed, win the game. That's not how to win a game. You get objectives, use tactics and strategies to outsmart and outplay your opponent. Kills are only a means to an end. Same can be said for objectives really except they give you map control or some sort of team contributing bonus. I'm not preaching "hard carry" in the traditional sense. I'm saying playing a champion that's really good in the meta so the odds are in your favor. Are you guys just not understanding me? I had to explain it twice already. It's not simply playing better. It's about understanding what you can do to help enable your team to success.

Also in regards to your first portion. A person playing bad can ruin the game but not absolutely bomb it. A person making repeated mistakes can absolute lose the game. However, a single person messing up a little here and there doesn't lose the game. It's the teams mistakes added up. You don't LOSE just because of your OWN play. It can contribute but you don't lose because of it. You can't control the mistakes of others but you can prevent them and you can improve your own. I think some of you on this thread have this mentality that's so self-centered it's laughable. There's only so much you can do as a person before realizing that you need to help others because this is a TEAM game.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Fucking hell, euw servers are shitting the bed something fierce right now. Twice the ping, stuttering, animations delayed and skipping frames, the whole package.

Returned into my main support role, I am seeing the light and reached Bronze II. matches are getting harder now.

Junglers are more aggresive and my adcs tends to wander around after we or the enemy destroy the first bot tower and die or dont regroup when TFs happens

Newt

BTW guys, inhouse today with first game starting at 5:30 PST if we have enough on (6:30 PST if we don't). Captain draft. Be there.

No offense but that theory is pretty garbage. That's not the case. Even if you're playing on a different level your skill should be much much much much better to hard carry a game rather than it being a difference between a single division (e.g. silver to gold). I'm not saying that people belong in a division higher or whatnot. Everyone makes mistakes. That's true. You can also get better. However, if your team is making bad decisions then you're screwed. You can only control what you can do. Even getting people to group properly is difficutl, especially in lower levels because they have the mentality that they need to just get kills, get fed, win the game. That's not how to win a game. You get objectives, use tactics and strategies to outsmart and outplay your opponent. Kills are only a means to an end. Same can be said for objectives really except they give you map control or some sort of team contributing bonus. I'm not preaching "hard carry" in the traditional sense. I'm saying playing a champion that's really good in the meta so the odds are in your favor. Are you guys just not understanding me? I had to explain it twice already. It's not simply playing better. It's about understanding what you can do to help enable your team to success.

Also in regards to your first portion. A person playing bad can ruin the game but not absolutely bomb it. A person making repeated mistakes can absolute lose the game. However, a single person messing up a little here and there doesn't lose the game. It's the teams mistakes added up. You don't LOSE just because of your OWN play. It can contribute but you don't lose because of it. You can't control the mistakes of others but you can prevent them and you can improve your own. I think some of you on this thread have this mentality that's so self-centered it's laughable. There's only so much you can do as a person before realizing that you need to help others because this is a TEAM game.
Doing your job correctly with minimal mistakes will you get you at least to Plat lol. You don't need super strong champion picks or grand schemes.

In silver you don't need a whole lot of strategy; if you simply position correctly and auto attack to output damage that's enough. It might sound basic to you, but from what I've played on smurfs and etc the average silver/gold player struggles with concepts like this.

Overall, they either play really scared and output no damage or play too aggressive and just die immediately. If there's an ADC main stuck in silver, I can almost guarantee that this is one of their main problems.

pigeon

Banned

I mean, you're definitely not being clear. When you say "hard carry the game" I assume you mean "hard carry the game," not "play sensibly and focus on teamplay to slowly take objectives." When you say "you have to super carry your team" I assume you mean "you have to super carry your team," not "you're being too self-centered, this is a team game and you need to help others." I have no idea why you would say the first thing and mean the second thing. Playing sensibly and focusing on teamplay is specifically what I'm suggesting, so, I mean, I guess I'm glad we agree.

The point I'm making is that, if you come out of a game saying "I lost because of my teammates," you won't improve after that game. There's nothing you can do to improve your teammates! So, I mean, EVEN IF IT'S TRUE, it's an unproductive and lousy mindset to have. If you want to climb you need to get better at the game. That means focusing on the stuff you did wrong. That includes not supporting your teammates effectively, trying to do too much yourself, etc.

Every time your bot lane goes 0/5 you can choose to say "welp GG bot lane terrible." Or you can choose to say, what could I have done to help out? Could I have TPed down there from top? Could I have roamed more as mid? Could I have provided map pressure so that the ADC could farm up midgame? Did I really do everything I could have done to help my team be successful? Or did I just win my lane and fail to use that advantage to make the rest of the team win as well?

kayos90

I mean, you're definitely not being clear. When you say "hard carry the game" I assume you mean "hard carry the game," not "play sensibly and focus on teamplay to slowly take objectives." When you say "you have to super carry your team" I assume you mean "you have to super carry your team," not "you're being too self-centered, this is a team game and you need to help others." I have no idea why you would say the first thing and mean the second thing. Playing sensibly and focusing on teamplay is specifically what I'm suggesting, so, I mean, I guess I'm glad we agree.

The point I'm making is that, if you come out of a game saying "I lost because of my teammates," you won't improve after that game. There's nothing you can do to improve your teammates! So, I mean, EVEN IF IT'S TRUE, it's an unproductive and lousy mindset to have. If you want to climb you need to get better at the game. That means focusing on the stuff you did wrong. That includes not supporting your teammates effectively, trying to do too much yourself, etc.

Every time your bot lane goes 0/5 you can choose to say "welp GG bot lane terrible." Or you can choose to say, what could I have done to help out? Could I have TPed down there from top? Could I have roamed more as mid? Could I have provided map pressure so that the ADC could farm up midgame? Did I really do everything I could have done to help my team be successful? Or did I just win my lane and fail to use that advantage to make the rest of the team win as well?

Okay. The examples you used helped to clarify. I agree with you 100%

Salex_

Seems like top laners forgets that a jungler has to worry about 3 lanes and an enemy jungler. Mundo feeds PANTHEON because I stopped camping top after I killed him twice. He literally said "I'm going to keep feeding until I get a gank" a few minutes after those successful ganks. I was so confused. Amumu was camping bot and mid Lee roamed there so I had to be around there. I don't know why people think it's acceptable to throw a temper tantrum because someone isn't babysitting your lane. If you're dumb enough to keep trying to fight a pantheon that's ahead, then you shouldn't be top laning. We could have won if this Mundo wasn't acting like a baby.

Top Bottom