• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Vlad direction for Mage reworks:

So his E is getting changed, probably by a lot, and it will likely include some more counterplay (marks, 3 stacks, skillshot, toggle with high cost?). I'm guessing he will get some higher HP costs as well.

Hrm.

E thoughts-
Make it a skill shot
Repeated use increases the size, speed, damage, and cost of it
Lower the amount healed from it through spell vamp(or remove it completely)

There we go. Opens up counterplay, looks and feels cool, can't spam it without doing damage to yourself/opening up for a counter attack before you can heal, and lives up to its name.

afaik none of those spells have an insanely tedious upkeep mechanic

yoricks abilities have the worst upkeep

how do you think he has damage, he needs all his ghouls up constantly for more damage

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i guess yorick fits that too

tbh i think i've played against yorick once in the past two years so i don't really know any of the intricacies about him

patchday

This was in Normals but I reported a teammate for being afk the majority of the match. I go to queue for another match after reporting him and he gets put on my team again

I don't get it. Why would Riot put this same afker on my team again? I had to carry his ass across the finish line. Took like 50 mins to win (I was Elise jungle)

Blizzard

Banned
I got out of bronze. If I can do it, anyone can do it. It took like 120 games but it happens.

...of course I'm silver V and may get demoted again any minute BUT STILL.

Blizzard

Banned
Nah, I think you'd only get demoted from Silver V if you lose like 20 games in a row.
I lost 6-7 which is 150+ LP. Supposedly you have to be playing a tier below to be demoted, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get demoted once you start facing level III opponents from the lower tier.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol__ravenborn_leblanc_by_ippus-d9tzlve.png

pls buff

bonus gambling annie:

garath

Bad timing, I missed the inhouse by a little bit. Well the second game I'd assume.

At least I turned it into a ranked win. Feels good to break the 4 game losing streak.

Is Project Lucian ever going to go on sale or did I miss it? I thought they were giving it the early sale treatment soon.

subtles

There was this amazing Korean Ravenborn Leblanc concept art, one I assumed was official art in the region. Sad thing is I never saw it again. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
thankfully ghost is mia so this thread is going kinda slow

cos like

my second idea for a thread theme is not gonna be well received lol

Talents

Banned
is there anything more tilt inducing then the enemy getting away with single digit hp after your all in combo

Your laner getting a double kill after roaming bot, even though you spam pinged the exact route the laner was taking and even typed in chat that they were coming bot lane, only for them to type: "Why didn't you follow?". I don't really want to follow a Leblanc/Zed/Assassin into fog of war, ngl.

zkylon

zkylewd
Your laner getting a double kill after roaming bot, even though you spam pinged the exact route the laner was taking and even typed in chat that they were coming bot lane, only for them to type: "Why didn't you follow?". I don't really want to follow a Leblanc/Zed/Assassin into fog of war, ngl.

this is pretty painful cos it's usually jungler's fault for not buying pinks

if jungler buys one pink and covers one defensive route while you pink the other you can 100% follow the other mid and even get the drop on them if you're even, but so often they won't bother to do that and you get stuck into a really bad situation cos you can't follow but you can't really push and pressure mid either

was much easier back in s5 when you could just dump green wards everywhere and have vision forever

drawkcaB

Queued up as jungle/support for the first time in weeks and...got support. Big shock.

I know it's a meaningless gesture, but I just honored the whole opposing team because my team won a 5v4 we had no business winning. If their ADC hadn't rage quit after we got first blood bot that match was theirs, easily

Our kindred got first blood during a level 3 bot gank and I see her again around the 8 min mark and she's...level 4. How the fuck does that happen? And no, she didn't AFK herself, I saw her moving around. Bitch when full on gank mode and failed each one after the bot gank. Her and our kog'maw were fucking chicken shit. Our Nasus and Yasuo had deathwishes and kept pushing without vision and dying 1v3, 1v4.

Fucking miserable match.

Another good Garen run. This time without any BM! The enemy team was shockingly chill with the path the game was taking.

Was against Riven ... she was soooo passive I only harassed her a bit here and there but was content with farming cause they had a damn clown on their team last time I faced one he camped Top super hard.

I wonder if they were a pre-made. Like, all but 1 had TP. So every time something happened up top someone would TP in to take Riven's place or try to gank for her. After I killed her I had to lane against the Robot for a good bit. :/

Soon enough everyone was top lane. I'm like "wow ... they must really want this tower to stand >_>"

Newt

Another good Garen run. This time without any BM! The enemy team was shockingly chill with the path the game was taking.

Was against Riven ... she was soooo passive I only harassed her a bit here and there but was content with farming cause they had a damn clown on their team last time I faced one he camped Top super hard.

I wonder if they were a pre-made. Like, all but 1 had TP. So every time something happened up top someone would TP in to take Riven's place or try to gank for her. After I killed her I had to lane against the Robot for a good bit. :/

Soon enough everyone was top lane. I'm like "wow ... they must really want this tower to stand >_>"
Looks like you're hitting level 30 soon. I recommend you jump straight into ranked.

According to the lore, Zed likes to eat seafood, therefore Fizz players feel obligated to do their part and feed up whenever they're against him.

Leezard

Russia got the XP needed to hit 30 halved last year. Now the rest of the world is about to get it it seems.

We're with you on the concept that leveling to 30's too long a process and the total number of games needed to get there should be lowered. Tying quicker progress to the first win of the day bonus results in people that only play a small to moderate amount getting to 30 in noticeably fewer games played than people who are playing a lot though. That's generally the opposite of what's desirable (people playing their games in a concentrated window will tend to pick things up quicker and be more ready to hit 30 rather than less).

What we're going to do instead, probably in the next patch, is lower the total amount of XP needed to get to 30 by around half. That's an approach we investigated using the Russian LoL server as a test case last year as some people may recall. The results of that test looked positive, so we've polished the details a bit, in particular smoothing out some sudden large increases in XP needed at certain levels, and are now ready to apply those changes to all regions.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's good, the leveling model just doesn't make any sense under the current ecosystem of the game

like you want to ease in players into your game, not put a giant brick wall of grind in front of them to even have access to what makes the game fun

i still think leveling is stupid and should be removed entirely (game has much better metrics if it wants to tell whether you're a new player or not) but baby steps

Blizzard

Banned
this is pretty painful cos it's usually jungler's fault for not buying pinks

if jungler buys one pink and covers one defensive route while you pink the other you can 100% follow the other mid and even get the drop on them if you're even, but so often they won't bother to do that and you get stuck into a really bad situation cos you can't follow but you can't really push and pressure mid either

was much easier back in s5 when you could just dump green wards everywhere and have vision forever
Even in bronze/silver, I feel there are enough junglers that are tanky or dangerous that they'll just keep clearing pink wards for the free money. It's good in theory though, and in theory knowing where the jungler is for that brief moment is helpful.

Leezard

The more impressive achievement is having a 300+ game silver V account and getting that to master. Going from unranked through placements can put you straight into gold (maybe even platinum).

In the old days of the pure elo system people could tank their elo by dodging, so bronze to challenger runs happened a lot. There's no difference essentially, the bronze/silver games are stomped even harder than gold+ games.

Top Bottom