• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

So, I've been playing League of Legends for a year now. Decided I should probably join up in this thread, so what's up everyone!

Welcome me with open arms pls

now we have a mid alistar? What is this?

Mid Alistar is the best thing. I haven't lost with him yet. It's the only way I'll play him now, he's so damn fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Today I played Caitlyn in ARAM for the first time since the rework. Sadly I made mistakes and lost, but I like the change where her range doubles against enemies hit by traps and nets.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Im glad everyone here likes quinn. She is great but fucking hell to play against.
I don't like Quinn. I don't think she's good for the game at all. She's one of the worst offenders of mobility creep in the game, and I don't think she carries enough downsides for how much of the map she can control. More than that she is buggy beyond belief in a way that affords Quinn extra luxuries, and removes opportunities for opponents to use their kits to make plays.

But still, if someone asks for an AD mid to play right now she's the obvious choice to learn.

TheFlow

Banned
got ingame chat restricted, and I think it was the best thing to happen to me. it makes me focus on game instead of type. We even came back and won against a naut, cho, malphite, and lucian.

edit:apparently I have 9 more restrictions

Bacon

got ingame chat restricted, and I think it was the best thing to happen to me. it makes me focus on game instead of type. We even came back and won against a naut, cho, malphite, and lucian.

edit:apparently I have 9 more restrictions

There really is very little benefit to typing during the game except for little strategic things

A lot of impressive looking changes to the game.

Evidently I played 2 matches without using any masteries, had completely forgotten about that.

Hard

Banned
Taking a break from Ranked and playing some Normals and ARAM is nice. Got me out of that losing funk and ready to tackle it again. Whenever I get back to Uni I guess, out for Spring Break.

So, I've been playing League of Legends for a year now. Decided I should probably join up in this thread, so what's up everyone!

Welcome me with open arms pls

out

Im glad everyone here likes quinn. She is great but fucking hell to play against.

Whoa whoa whoa

Since when were we in agreement in liking Quinn? I hate nearly every champ in this game.

Can't extend 2 inches past river or your minion line without hearing CAAAAAAAW GOUGE EM VALOR. For melee's it's just hell. Nothing screams fun like trying to farm safely in top lane then just hearing a CAWWWW out of nowhere, then getting hit with the Q and stumbling around like Helen Keller while Quinn slowly chips away at your health bar. Playing against Quinn makes me want to gouge my eyes out IRL. Mobility creep out the wazoo, that frustrating blind, impossible to catch, impossible to kill, I just don't like any aspect of that champ at all.

Valor is cool though, we're bros.

zkylon

zkylewd
some fun pictures from argie server event:

Monarca_enmascarado.1920_1080.jpg

sona-party.jpg

akali-parade.jpg

Teemo_Pride.jpg

Miss_Nidalee.jpg

pigeon

Banned
There really is very little benefit to typing during the game except for little strategic things

I think typing is pretty valuable but getting chat restricted is pretty clear evidence that you have not mastered the relevant skills and should just not do it for a while.

Another match against Yas. Another match where my Diana eats a Yasuo.

I don't get why people like him so much, seems too high skill cap for most people I find. Sure you look cool clopping my health with harass buuuuut ... so? I think I found out that Diana is a counter to him and that may be it. Other members of my team seem to have problems with him.

Well shit, was it that easy? Just played a game where we won because every time the enemy team went to do dragon, and I knew my team wouldn't get their to stop them or was recalling back to base, I'd just go push another lane and take a turret if I could. When our team pushed in mid wave onto their inhib turret, I peeled back and soloed dragon instead.

Game went long and we were 5v4 for part of it but I played smart and we won.

I got caught out once doing this right after a team fight but traded my life for Top Inner Turret and a dragon.

I should probably do this more often, as I think that's what's been costing me games: not putting pressure on other objectives when my team is already doing things and they don't need my help (example: we win a 5v5 team fight, kill two of them and my team rotates to dragon but there's a wave pushed up on top outer turret. I can go grab that turret while my team finishes up drag and go rejoin them after)

It sounds stupid but it was something I was really failing to do.

huh?

There are many champs who are AD and are viable mid.

Talon, Yasou, Varus....

Gross yas, talon and zed can all go, i would be fine with never seeing them again.
Yeah they are fine just dont pick an ad mid on solo Q, like getting an all as team or forcing your top or jg to play someone ap sucks. Because usually they arnt that great in jungle and top, and 2 there are soooo many ap champs for mid.

Syndra managed to stun the ADC but of curse she had to build full AP without buying vision then he/she got desesperate and started eating my minions and follow mid lane later on

I've never liked Mid Lane AP Mages going support. Either they eat your damn CS and act like it's the Mage Show down there or they burn through mana spamming spells that don't land enough to be worth it and then they have to back off or base ... leaving you solo. Sometimes they work out (same with making a top laner into a tanky kill lane support) but it's a toss up.

Syndra seems like she NEEDS items to do more than just stun people later in the game (at least the way I play her).

Anyway, just had champ select where I locked Diana and the last person on their team locked Galio. Dodged that shit ... no body got time for that.

This game is becoming harder to be bothered with playing. 3 straight Ls, 2 cause someone goes AFK and suddenly our lead is gone and in the 3rd one I felt like I was the only one able to even kill someone on the enemy team. Like everyone's doing Peanuts for dmg other than me and it takes the effort of all 4 of them to kill just ONE champ of the same level. Then I die cause they all die as I just get there to help.

Hell, my first Garen L of the day had a team of tanky champs with a Trist and ... the Robot girl mid. Trist was the only one who felt like she could put out Dmg and after the Sup went AFK it became clear we were lacking Dmg. I legit don't know what the Robot girl does other than shields and slows so maybe I shoulda went full AD Garen or something but ehh :/

Just annoying that it's such a mixed bag. Guess I should actually start accepting game request from people on my friends list but the last time I did that the guy that was a Bear God in my past game played like he and his friends didn't care one bit as they fed and lost.

Not like I think I'm good, just annoying to be in so many matches were someone AFKs or someone gets bitchy about something and flaming in chat. For the 0/12 WW jg trying to shot call with the 35%+ Lifesteal Thresh as they blow our early lead because the enemy team can just counter JG themselves back into the game.

When it's good it's good and that's great but rare for randoms ... when it's bad it's like you might as well sit in the base cause why not. :/

I either need fun people to play with, more champs I like playing with (It's becoming very annoying feeling like I have to dodge cause someone counter picks my only 2 decent solo laners. Plus I'd like to offer more in team comp options) or I just need a break.

nbraun80

Gross yas, talon and zed can all go, i would be fine with never seeing them again.
Yeah they are fine just dont pick an ad mid on solo Q, like getting an all as team or forcing your top or jg to play someone ap sucks. Because usually they arnt that great in jungle and top, and 2 there are soooo many ap champs for mid.
eh Nid, Diana, ekko, gragas, and elise are all very viable ap jungle options. Top lane vlad, liss, ekko, heimer, lulu, kennen are all fine solo q picks. yeah all ad can suck, but if they pick intent it, I don't have a problem with the ap responsiblity falling to one of the other 4 team mates. Even a corki AD, or zyra, morg, annie sup would be enough. Also there are a decent amount of armor pen options if worse comes to worse.

Newt

This game is becoming harder to be bothered with playing. 3 straight Ls, 2 cause someone goes AFK and suddenly our lead is gone and in the 3rd one I felt like I was the only one able to even kill someone on the enemy team. Like everyone's doing Peanuts for dmg other than me and it takes the effort of all 4 of them to kill just ONE champ of the same level. Then I die cause they all die as I just get there to help.

Hell, my first Garen L of the day had a team of tanky champs with a Trist and ... the Robot girl mid. Trist was the only one who felt like she could put out Dmg and after the Sup went AFK it became clear we were lacking Dmg. I legit don't know what the Robot girl does other than shields and slows so maybe I shoulda went full AD Garen or something but ehh :/

Just annoying that it's such a mixed bag. Guess I should actually start accepting game request from people on my friends list but the last time I did that the guy that was a Bear God in my past game played like he and his friends didn't care one bit as they fed and lost.

Not like I think I'm good, just annoying to be in so many matches were someone AFKs or someone gets bitchy about something and flaming in chat. For the 0/12 WW jg trying to shot call with the 35%+ Lifesteal Thresh as they blow our early lead because the enemy team can just counter JG themselves back into the game.

When it's good it's good and that's great but rare for randoms ... when it's bad it's like you might as well sit in the base cause why not. :/

I either need fun people to play with, more champs I like playing with (It's becoming very annoying feeling like I have to dodge cause someone counter picks my only 2 decent solo laners. Plus I'd like to offer more in team comp options) or I just need a break.
You're playing pre-30 right? No-one gives a shit at pre-30.

Especially if you're still doing blind-pick.

spuckthew

I should probably do this more often, as I think that's what's been costing me games: not putting pressure on other objectives when my team is already doing things and they don't need my help (example: we win a 5v5 team fight, kill two of them and my team rotates to dragon but there's a wave pushed up on top outer turret. I can go grab that turret while my team finishes up drag and go rejoin them after)

It sounds stupid but it was something I was really failing to do.

That's literally what the game is about; it's not a team deathmatch. But it's not always easy if your team isn't on the same page, and it's also not always as simple as *just* split-pushing objectives. Telling your bronze or silver teammates to hold mid and not die when the enemy is sieging while you take the second tier top tower (and more) is sometimes easier said than done. An especially ignorant team might try to engage, die unnecessarily, and then blame you for not being in the fight. Those people are wrong: if you're taking towers, you're winning the game for your team.

Ward the map, take objectives, win. Master how and when to do those things and you'll climb.

jerd

playing against a diamond nidalee that was silver last season?? boosted???

Not necessarily some people improve really fast. It's definitely not unheard of especially if they play a lot. Some people just have a knack for the game and catch on quick

Unless she's garbage then yeah boosted

Hard

Banned
I like the design, though I wonder if there are going to be any new features added besides performance upgrades.

Edwardo

There's no problem with a top laner going AP. I'm always down with playing something like Lulu or Karma up there.

https://youtu.be/OHJyoHKL7AM

Supposed new client alpha leak grain of salt and all

Costy neither confirm nor deny inc

Just to clear this up. This video is legit. We're currently testing internally as we get closer to the Alpha release. There'll be more info on the PBE boards within the next week or so.

Obviously this is not even the final alpha that will be released to players, but it is the current version we have internally for testing on live.

There's no problem with a top laner going AP. I'm always down with playing something like Lulu or Karma up there.
Yeah but i hate being forced into playing an ap top laner because my mid laner wants to get yas or zed and then feed his ass off. Im not saying that it is bad to har an ap top laner it just sucks when you have to and i only have 2 to pick from rumble and vlad. Like i usually want to get shen or something tanky, but then im forced to play an AP and unless out support and or jungle picks a tank(which is rare because ppl want to try to carry in the jungle) the game is alot harder.
eh Nid, Diana, ekko, gragas, and elise are all very viable ap jungle options. Top lane vlad, liss, ekko, heimer, lulu, kennen are all fine solo q picks. yeah all ad can suck, but if they pick intent it, I don't have a problem with the ap responsiblity falling to one of the other 4 team mates. Even a corki AD, or zyra, morg, annie sup would be enough. Also there are a decent amount of armor pen options if worse comes to worse.
Also AP top laners are usually worse because they arent like tanks or bruisers, they still are good but usually if you can pick them with a good team comp.
Trust me 5ad is hell, soooo many times that it has happened to me and all they have to do is pick rammus malp or some other tank and just destory.

Top Bottom