• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Leezard

What do you on Janna is just max W and ks everything.

EUW server is just like EU LCS. A few really good teams at the top and then just a bunch of garbo at the bottom :^).

I'll spare you from any comparisons to NA LCS considering CLG's recent performance against one of the mid-tier EU teams. :^)

That garbo at the bottom is really bad

subtles

Per Lyte, ADC is the second least popular role and support is the least popular. So not surprising Newt and Ghost get pretty good queue times.

Are you sure he didn't say it was the most popular? I remember Mid and ADC being the top two in preseason.

No, that would be assuming the role chooser is the primary issue. I don't believe it is. I believe it's the big MMR spread of a premade trying to find another similar MMR balance with the same exact premade size. I actually find a queue faster in premade so I suspect solo players are being matched up with premades and it's trying to find a balance.

I queue jungle/adc every time.
But the premades will have similar MMR since thats the only way you can queue up
Are you sure he didn't say it was the most popular? I remember Mid and ADC being the top two in preseason.
That was before ADCs got nerfed

TheFlow

Banned
Been thinking lately that I can easily get myself to gold and stuff just playing support but I wanna branch out and learn how to play champs like wukong,yas, and nid

Started matchmaking at 10:20 p.m.

It is now 10:46 p.m. and I have not gotten past picks and bans after 6 tries.

EDIT: MAKE THAT SEVEN. GOOD FUCKING GOD. I've been in queue for a match for more than 30 minutes.

I really need to work on my CS, i have been really bad about it recently and notices it was lower than i would like. I need to not tunnel super hard.

Bacon

aRwHlN2.png

Only got 2 games in tonight but this was the result. Currently on a 13 game win streak, all with graves lol. Gonna be a sad day for me when he gets nerfed again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The aoe on j4 ult isnt as big as you expect
It adds up. So when you go to burst one person the damage has good spread. It can make a really big difference. W change is obviously bigger though.

jerd

I'm just gonna assume Trist was just holding that zzrot for nasus. Honestly though that's probably the least offensive bronze 5 game i've ever seen

J4 top has already been hovering around 50% win rate for a while now and these are some pretty solid buffs. It'll be interesting to see what happens if they go through

pigeon

Banned
I'm just gonna assume Trist was just holding that zzrot for nasus. Honestly though that's probably the least offensive bronze 5 game i've ever seen

I dunno, I'm pretty offended by that game. What a ridiculous collection of builds.

Holy 93 kills in 45 minutes.

I know, but oddly enough, the game I played before it was even MORE of a clown fiesta.

She bought it to lane push. For herself. Which is all she did the entire game all alone. If you'll notice, Trist has a grand total of 5 combined kills and assists because she wasn't in the fights at all.

I knew something weird was up with her when she jumped away from me out of a bush around level 5, and then did it again at level 7, when I wasn't even a threat to chunk her out either time since I was just farming lane on my own.

There were a lot of small skirmishes and back and forth trades and a damn near throw by my team at dragon at one point (got the dragon but we got caught in the pit by a nasty ult chain)

I dunno, I'm pretty offended by that game. What a ridiculous collection of builds.

You're telling me, pigeon. We ended up winning by keeping lanes farmed for about 30 minutes, taking objectives as we could, and then just punched up the middle lane and smacked them in the face a few times until we caught one of them out and then picked them all off (except Trist, who was still split pushing), went mid and took down the nexus while killing everyone off as they respawned one by one.

Blizzard

Banned
I still dont get why Rammus top is popular at pro level. What makes it work? Seema like a miserable lane unless its vs another tank like Malph and Naut. Extremely weak to lane swaps too.
I think it works well against tanks like Malphite because, as long as Rammus can survive or get ahead (jungler or whatever), there comes a point where he can kill you with AOE / taunt / ult damage if you try to 1v1. At that point, he can simply drop ZZ portal into the bush and unless you're a fast attack speed top laner, you can't kill it without dying.

So either your jungler sits top and you lose dragon, or you lose top tower and potentially the second tower as Rammus farms you.

Disclaimer: I am not a pro.

Calvero

Banned
this went a lot better than i expected. also marks the first time i've had 10 more wins than losses in ranked. I've gotten a lot better over the last year, playing with Dobker and having him call me out on shit I'm doing bad every once in awhile. Also Bubble Hearth, who i think is Breakfasts(?).

The only Hecarim buff is more potential disruption on his e?

Oh come on. They got rid of homeguards, nerfed DMP, nerfed speed boots, nerfed his passive and nerfed his hp.

No wonder he's sitting at one of the lowest jungle winrates.

Blizzard

Banned
Silver V play (which I assume is actually bronze): My bot lane had 27 deaths in 24 minutes. They gave up first blood before I even finished a third jungle camp.

Bot lane plus mid lane had 39 out of 48 deaths in 24 minutes.

At least I got an A+. It was pretty much a perfect example of "If [thing] keeps getting you killed, stop doing [thing]." Bot lane had Caitlyn Zyra against Graves Lux. Instead of staying back and using Caitlyn's range and the combined CC, they would walk into Graves + Lux and die, repeatedly, for an average of over once per minute.

*edit* I just played with a "Pancake Senpai" support Janna. It was hard to believe it wasn't someone from the thread.

Calvero

Banned
Dobkeratops, lookie what I did this night.
went on a 7 game win streak tonight. I should probably cut it off here and try for Silver later tomorrow. Won these games pretty decidedly by just split pushing and guiding teammates who didn't know what to do or who to follow at times. Pretty good day, got Friendly and Teamwork honors every game.

Newt

Silver V play (which I assume is actually bronze): My bot lane had 27 deaths in 24 minutes. They gave up first blood before I even finished a third jungle camp.

Bot lane plus mid lane had 39 out of 48 deaths in 24 minutes.

At least I got an A+. It was pretty much a perfect example of "If [thing] keeps getting you killed, stop doing [thing]." Bot lane had Caitlyn Zyra against Graves Lux. Instead of staying back and using Caitlyn's range and the combined CC, they would walk into Graves + Lux and die, repeatedly, for an average of over once per minute.

*edit* I just played with a "Pancake Senpai" support Janna. It was hard to believe it wasn't someone from the thread.

I was waiting for the great success story.

garath

I'm glad I started playing ashe again. She's really good with essence reaver. I can't believe I didn't try it on her before. She never felt quite right with the IE rush.

Newt

I'm glad I started playing ashe again. She's really good with essence reaver. I can't believe I didn't try it on her before. She never felt quite right with the IE rush.
She's great with 40% CDR, just spam W all day. Too bad she's not so great right now because of broken shit like Naut, Panth and Udyr.

Top Bottom