• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Calvero

Banned
so our midlaner is asking if he can try out a new champ in ranked. i ask him why if this is ranked, he says, "it's bronze. i'm a silver smurf"

Newt

so our midlaner is asking if he can try out a new champ in ranked. i ask him why if this is ranked, he says, "it's bronze. i'm a silver smurf"
LBM55wY.gif

Nekofrog

Banned
preeeeettttttty sure a friend of mine bought an elo boost

he was an eternal lifetime member of the bronze club and suddenly in like 10 days climbed to plat, then started losing really hard again out of nowhere

oh and he played with flash on D instead of F for a lot of ranked games

lol

Newt

he was an eternal lifetime member of the bronze club and suddenly in like 10 days climbed to plat, then started losing really hard again out of nowhere

lol
Nah, seems legit to me.

lol

I always had Flash on D and TP on F.

Tried to swap em cause I want to start pressing S to stop attacking ... started flashing when I wanted to TP.

I ended up just turning off the setting that makes you AA.

I just had the most bs cheese game and I loved it!

Thresh top vs Garen ... Diana vs Jhin Mid. Their team had 3 ADC a tak sup and a Garen, ours had 2 supports. In champ select I saw he was trying to go Singed top but changed it to Thresh when someone said we need tanks. Was gonna dodge but said fuck it, I wanna see how this goes.

Too bad he's such an ass hat in the lobby.

Calvero

Banned
Ez was convinced he carried the shit out of us to the point he flmaed me endlessly for disagreeing. The dude gave away 10 kills and made it harder for us by being picked off over and over. And apparently I was doing nothing all game and the team was better of without me. I said "fuck this I'm out" and backed. Then went out and closed out the game in a single push within 3 minutes. Then ez tells me it was all him. What a prick.

jerd

First game of the day intentional feeder mid because he didn't get zed and hasn't got to play zed "all week"

I guess it can only get better?

Oh lord. I remember back in S3 when I thought there was a big difference between bronze and silver. Now I've just accepted that Silver is only slightly better than Bronze. Most of my games seem to end with 8/10 people still rocking the yellow trinket.

lol

Pretty sure this is what got him to Plat, not eloboosting.

Tizoc

Ez was convinced he carried the shit out of us to the point he flmaed me endlessly for disagreeing. The dude gave away 10 kills and made it harder for us by being picked off over and over. And apparently I was doing nothing all game and the team was better of without me. I said "fuck this I'm out" and backed. Then went out and closed out the game in a single push within 3 minutes. Then ez tells me it was all him. What a prick.

I disagree with that Malph build
Like A LOT.

TheFlow

Banned
starting to get to the point where there is a least one plat border player on my team per match. wonder what it is like in higher gold

faridmon

starting to get to the point where there is a least one plat border player on my team per match. wonder what it is like in higher gold

In one game, I played a match with friends and all of us around Bronze/Low silver level. We played against a team that was just flat out terrible. Thresh couldn't hook if his life was dependant on it, the Jinx farm was appaling. Mid was playing too carful and nasus was feeding.

Except that Shaco who was just killing us left and right. We lost and the game ended like 35-35 with him getting like 25 kills

Turned out that he was a Plat player

Bloody hell!

TheFlow

Banned
In one game, I played a match with friends and all of us around Bronze/Low silver level. We played against a team that was just flat out terrible. Thresh couldn't hook if his life was dependant on it, the Jinx farm was appaling. Mid was playing too carful and nasus was feeding.

Except that Shaco who was just killing us left and right. We lost and the game ended like 35-35 with him getting like 25 kills

Turned out that he was a Plat player

Bloody hell!

lol damn

You in Bronze? I am finding out Bronze is filled with cancerous players and a lot of them are ADCs who go Vaynespotting on non-Vayne champs, aka "I can dive these two towers and get that kill... oh wait no I can't, I'm Kog"

Yes. That was a thing that happened to me when I was playing mid.

patchday

^^ Yeah. My last support was straight up toxic. I'll be happy to duo with a gaffer, etc but not eager to duo with a stranger anymore

garath

The jungle blaming is strong sometimes. I gank the mid Diana for our mid varus twice. Both times resulting in kills. Once before 6, once right after. I counter gank once and save him prior to 6 as well. After that I do my best to keep at least one side warded for him and shift my focus to helping the irelia top against nasus and the corki bot. Varus proceeds to die over and over. Every time I look he's pushing the lane with a side completely unwarded. After dying a couple times he exclaims that he's tilted from this wukong ganking him and I should have been counter ganking and the game is lost.

He whines the rest of the game and he single handedly tilts my entire team saying "we can't possibly win this", "this wukong is just wrecking our backline" (I thought this one was hilarious as we wreck them them in a 4 for 1 with varus being the only one who died). I can't get him to shut up, can't get our team to group up and push objectives. We still manage to win some teamfights but they are haphazard and not fights of our choosing. The nasus gets huge for all the farming and milling about our team does and that's that.

In the end the varus blames me. Says he fed me two kills and I should have been counter ganking. That the wukong baby sitting mid won them the game. I try to think of how babysitting varus might have won us the game and the only thing I could come up with is we might have salvaged our morale. But the irelia was losing to nasus early and the corki was struggling bot so without my presence there we might have lost just the same.

Just one of those jungle games. I don't mind losing when I play poorly or when we genuinely get out picked/outplayed but I despise losses where it's some mental child completely giving up the ghost and going on a blame tirade instead of making any attempt to play back. I actually played pretty well and under different circumstances might have been able to motivate the team to take objectives but for some reason it wasn't happening. I suspect varus was part of a premade with the bot lane as they completely shut down after he started going on his tirade. The irelia was the only one that seemed to keep trying.

Even if I had time for another, it would have been wise not to play again after that.

patchday

The jungle blaming is strong sometimes. I gank the mid Diana for our mid varus twice. Both times resulting in kills. Once before 6, once right after. I counter gank once and save him prior to 6 as well. After that I do my best to keep at least one side warded for him and shift my focus to helping the irelia top against nasus and the corki bot. Varus proceeds to die over and over. Every time I look he's pushing the lane with a side completely unwarded. After dying a couple times he exclaims that he's tilted from this wukong ganking him and I should have been counter ganking and the game is lost.

He whines the rest of the game and he single handedly tilts my entire team saying "we can't possibly win this", "this wukong is just wrecking our backline" (I thought this one was hilarious as we wreck them them in a 4 for 1 with varus being the only one who died). I can't get him to shut up, can't get our team to group up and push objectives. We still manage to win some teamfights but they are haphazard and not fights of our choosing. The nasus gets huge for all the farming and milling about our team does and that's that.

In the end the varus blames me. Says he fed me two kills and I should have been counter ganking. That the wukong baby sitting mid won them the game. I try to think of how babysitting varus might have won us the game and the only thing I could come up with is we might have salvaged our morale. But the irelia was losing to nasus early and the corki was struggling bot so without my presence there we might have lost just the same.

Just one of those jungle games. I don't mind losing when I play poorly or when we genuinely get out picked/outplayed but I despise losses where it's some mental child completely giving up the ghost and going on a blame tirade instead of making any attempt to play back. I actually played pretty well and under different circumstances might have been able to motivate the team to take objectives but for some reason it wasn't happening. I suspect varus was part of a premade with the bot lane as they completely shut down after he started going on his tirade. The irelia was the only one that seemed to keep trying.

Even if I had time for another, it would have been wise not to play again after that.

^^ Btw that Varus was a douche

I'm an ADC main, hit me up later this week and we'll give it a shot.

Sweet I will give it a go. What's your ign? <edit- I guess you are NihonTiger sending fr>

garath

^^ Btw that Varus was a douche

Lol. Yes he was. Succeeded in tilting me pretty hard too.

I normally try to analyze my own play and find the flaws to improve on them but they game left me reeling. Didn't really see a lot of opportunities to improve on that game.

Guess we sometimes just have to give up a game or two and move on.

Talents

Banned
I'm setting my expectations for Aurelian Sol's kit low in-so-far as it exploring his theme.

Well when they introduce a champion extremely powerful lore wise, it makes it extremely hard for a champion to live up to expectations. Like Bard is supposed to be the most powerful being in Leagues, yet you wouldn't think that looking at his kit.

Top Bottom