• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

drawkcaB

I wish Riot had buffed the Warrior enchant before buffing individual AD junglers. There's a lot of marginal AD junglers (poppy, Hecarim, Skarner, Warrior Xin) that could have benifitted from that change and then adjust Vi, Jarvan,etc. as needed.

Likely concerned about Quinn and Graves, but each is doing super well outside of the jungle and need to be toned down anyways.

I could have sworn they tried to "buff" Lux's shield by making it stack back in 2013 before people called them out on the change actually making her W weaker.

Sanjay

I just got this, Any one else get one of these? Like did my account get hacked, how did they get my password? god damn it. Now I have to change other passwords but I dont even know what password I used for this account!
2222lmyfz.png

And another thing, logging on their website and its like a never ending loop of sign in, I can't see any damn details of my account. Now installing the game to see if I can log in via that.

Also what reason would there be for hacking a LoL account?

I'm going to agree. Even though the e-mail address looks legit from the little I can see (w/o doing any investigation) I can't say that I've ever been given a temporary password after requesting a password reset. Though now that I"m thinking about it, possibly the temporary password means someone tried to convince support that they were you and to reset the password? Regardless, you should change your passwords just to be safe.

pigeon

Banned
I just got this, Any one else get one of these? Like did my account get hacked, how did they get my password? god damn it. Now I have to change other passwords but I dont even know what password I used for this account!
2222lmyfz.png

And another thing, logging on their website and its like a never ending loop of sign in, I can't see any damn details of my account. Now installing the game to see if I can log in via that.

Also what reason would there be for hacking a LoL account?

To sell it or use it in boosting.

Check the headers of those emails.

Leezard

I hope you did not press the link in the email, and rather connected to the website by bookmark or typing it into your browser, in case it was a phishing attempt.

Sanjay

emails are all legit, also I never ever click url through emails. I just google the main website.

I did figure something out though, I went to the Euro LoL website to log onto my NA account and it would never show me that I was signed in, I googled some LoL hacking related stuff and it took me to the NA forums and I noticed I was signed in there.

So the LoL website dont automatically switch you to the correct website once you sign in with your correct details, really odd, that sounds very easy to fix I would assume.

pigeon

Banned
Biggest problem as a jungler is that he'll never be able to outduel the other jungler, so he'll just get chased around. He has pretty limited CC and his damage is all sustained, so he isn't going to be great at ganking, either. Sure, he can fly over the wall...and stun you for 1 second. Not bad for a midlaner, but there's a reason TF doesn't jungle.

edit: zky is ahead of me

Annie and Malz are just incredibly toxic, not necessarily OP. Annie is much more toxic than Malzahar though. Lux however is both incredibly toxic and broken as fuck. God I hate that stupid champion so much. I just fucking actively hate that bitch and want her completely removed from the game.

Wow, who would've guessed? That champion along with Vi are always broken in soloQ, they're just not played from time to time, that doesn't mean they need a buff of all things for christ's sake but yeah, let's buff them both so they can win games alone for yet another season. Just when I thought the JarVI duo of soloQ terror was over, they shoehorn them in the game again. They seem to love toxic champions.

I mean....that's what happens when you make 2 champions who skills just aren't a waveclear/harass/aoe that just does damage.

J4 and Vi will always be strong unless they're nerfed to worthlessness because of their displacement skills, whether it's the knock up or dash+knock back.

When you have so many champions, the ones who have skills that always have a place will always be strong. In this case, in League since knock ups/backs/stuns/ways to lock down your opponents movement is so viable, J4 and Vi will always have a place. How do you counter it? Come out with crazier champions that break the mold. Look at Aurelion Sol for example, Aside from his little orbit and his little fly over, he's a pretty generic design ability-wise. The only way he'll be useful if he's a stat-beast but aside from that his abilities don't really do anything different that meaningfully changes the way you approach him.

jerd

People keep saying that sold is generic but I just don't see it... we don't really have anything like his Q or passive and an aoe stun the size of your screen is pretty useful if you can use it consistently

pigeon

Banned
People keep saying that sold is generic but I just don't see it... we don't really have anything like his Q or passive and an aoe stun the size of your screen is pretty useful if you can use it consistently

Yeah, we're just dicks. I actually think Sol is pretty fascinating and I expect him to show up in pro play rapidly.

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno about his kit for a midlaner either lol

Need to see his passive and W being used to their full potential I guess
yeah

he'll be like a tanky mid, something like roa, tear and rylais as core, that's what i think. depends on his w. abyssal will prolly be really good on him too (like it is on everyone cos that shitty statcheck item is stupid)

so probably not great against leblanc or such, but i think he'll be ok against lower pressure mages

edit: i could see him going for a tanky build top if his numbers are dumb. his cc is really good and he probably has good sustain dmg

His Q has the drawback that you need to move with it in order to maximize damage.

The issue being here is that unless he's naturally beefy, that opens him up for an easy counter.

His passive will either be overtuned or not do a decent amount of damage unless your opponent just sits on it, and again in order for Sol to maximize he has to be next to the opponent. Useful in laning? Mildly. He'll either have to be a support or go to Top lane to maximize the laning potential for his orbit. When the game turns to skirmishes, he'll have to be in the thick of the fight in order to maximize his passive, which again opens him up to dying quickly.

His ultimate is just a line-aoe-CC. My critique of that is that it's nothing special. A generics ability, probably one of the most generic abilities they could give a well-designed character who has the power of space. They could've gone so many routes but they just made it a little skill shot aoe.

So in summation, unless he has stats that naturally make him tanky, or the damage of his abilities are overtuned, most of his abilities only put him in danger and open to easy counter for being a mage.

For example, Azir was(is) so strong because he can be incredibly far away while dealing a ton of damage.

pigeon

Banned
As I recall, people thought Azir was terrible when he came out.

I actually agree that Sol's ult is a really sadly boring design, and it's a misstep from Riot. Usually the ults are always a defining characteristic of the character. In this case it's just, like, a thing he needs to do sometimes. I mean it's probably pretty strong to knock everybody back and slow them for 4 seconds, that's a long slow, but I don't see myself feeling super excited when I do it.

I wonder if W and R used to be swapped but it caused scaling problems since he needs to max W for damage.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't remember anyone thinking Azir was terrible for his kit (though it did need some love), he was terrible because he was released in such a buggy, rushed, and unfinished state that he had to immediately be disabled because he was broken (and not in the good way)

zkylon

zkylewd

I actually agree that Sol's ult is a really sadly boring design, and it's a misstep from Riot. Usually the ults are always a defining characteristic of the character. In this case it's just, like, a thing he needs to do sometimes. I mean it's probably pretty strong to knock everybody back and slow them for 4 seconds, that's a long slow, but I don't see myself feeling super excited when I do it.

I wonder if W and R used to be swapped but it caused scaling problems since he needs to max W for damage.

i'd be very surprised if you max w before q

edit: yeah, his passive even executes minions so you'll do q first 100%. no point in running out of mana faster in lane when you can q and clear with passive

Azir is and always was a high-skill character to play as. Sol has nothing like Azir to create that misconception of weakness on release.

And yeah..I don't think swapping his skills will do anything for him. It's like...they gave him this passive, this orbit, but really it only determines 2 of his skills, his little orbit increase and his Q which he travels with. Then they decided to fuck it and give him a fly over mechanic and a skill shot AoE for his ult, instead of utilizing his orbs even more.

Like...take Tahm Kench for example. He's a well-realized character. His skills fit him thematically, his ultimate is weird and unique, and his devour/tongue lash are unique enough that he doesn't seem like a retread of other characters or like a remix of skills. Or take Syndra for example, where all her skills use orbs in some capacity.

To me the onus is, if Riot is going to create a character with a unique concept, then they should double down on it and use it to the full potential it can provide. Not go half-way on it and kinda go in that direction but pull back because the character might be a bit niche or weird because all of his skills utilize his orbit mechanic.

Nekofrog

Banned
holy crap, shyvana got destroyed on yesterdays PBE. I guess I didn't see that because balance changes were added so late to it

jerd

I do agree his ult is super generic I even reread it a few times to make sure i was seeing everything

I've been banning yi lately. I really do think he's pretty strong but the main problem is I can never seem to end games on the timer necessary for him and he eventually gets his items and does his thing. It seems like just having cc isn't enough for him anymore with how well he uses maw and steraks

jerd

AS may or may not be good but damn I love his concept. Splash art for his release skin

Also, I knew they removed nid's root on jungle monsters but they took her reset too? Lol that's so dumb they're making her bad by removing her tools for healthy clears and just making her a spear chucking assassin

zkylon

zkylewd
the launch skin is pretty good but i kind of wish they had done a lighting version in honor of the much cooler but sadly dead ao shin

Just delete Devourer and never do a stacking jungle item again, problem solved

i've said it for a long time, not all gameplay fantasies must be supported by riot

winning by farming is such a shitty concept that it should never be in the game. it doesn't add strategy and it's not fun for anyone, so kill that shit already

I do agree his ult is super generic I even reread it a few times to make sure i was seeing everything
i like his ult for that very reason

it's not excessively fancy or flashy or anything, it's just a self peel spell and potentially a catch thing or a combo depending on how you use it

it's not necessarily iconic but this is a guy that gets to fly and has like giant star meteor things rolling around him at all times, the rest of his kit needs to be fairly mute to compensate i guess

it's also really really strong, 400+.7 at rank 6 is a really high number specially cos it'll help chaining ppl into at least on passive+w hit and maybe q (which also has decent numbers)

jerd

i like his ult for that very reason

it's not excessively fancy or flashy or anything, it's just a self peel spell and potentially a catch thing or a combo depending on how you use it

it's not necessarily iconic but this is a guy that gets to fly and has like giant star meteor things rolling around him at all times, the rest of his kit needs to be fairly mute to compensate i guess

it's also really really strong, 400+.7 at rank 6 is a really high number specially cos it'll help chaining ppl into at least on passive+w hit and maybe q (which also has decent numbers)

Yeah I guess I don't have a problem with it and riot did say they were gonna try to make simpler champs in the near future. I'm just used to reading a short essay for every ability lately I guess. My main concern with him is I don't know how consistent his damage output is going to be

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I guess I don't have a problem with it and riot did say they were gonna try to make simpler champs in the near future. I'm just used to reading a short essay for every ability lately I guess. My main concern with him is I don't know how consistent his damage output is going to be

that's hard to say, his q has a 10s cooldown which is very long for a mage so i'm guessing his teamfighting is mostly gonna be about q+ult combos and then cleaning up with his passive+w

more nerfs:

Alistar
Triumphant Roar (E)
Mana cost increased to 50/65/80/95/110 from 50/60/70/80/90
Heal reduced to 60/75/90/105/120 from 60/90/120/150/180 (need to confirm)

Fiora
Bladework (E) slow reduced to 30% at all ranks from 40/45/50/55/60%

drawkcaB

I hope they do the same to master yi.

Rather they dump devourer. Every single devourer jungler is getting tuned around that fucking item and it's killing their non-jungle roles.

Also, very very interesting Maokai buff. Should really give him a whirl again sometime soon

Oh, and WARWICKREWORK.BIN file spotted. Super excited for that rework.

jerd

Rather they dump devourer. Every single devourer jungler is getting tuned around that fucking item and it's killing their non-jungle roles.

Also, very very interesting Maokai buff. Should really give him a whirl again sometime soon

Kinda weird since he's not even on the schedule atm

zkylon

zkylewd
fiora's also getting her passive shifted more to ad ratios rather from base

who would've thunk that was a good idea

garath

I actually agree with you. I don't mind an auto attacking jungle item but making it stacking has never been healthy. I understand it's supposed to be a trade-off blah blah blah. I'd rather they just make a flat damage auto attacking jungle item, like warrior but focused around attack speed instead of attack damage. Get rid of the stacking/scaling entirely.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Oh shit its finally gonna happen before Taric gets reworked.

TheFlow

Banned
every cait player I play with is garbage, yet they always tell me to pick nami. like dude stop telling me to pick a champ you don't go well with.

they are just awful. Cait players are now on my dodge list

zkylon

zkylewd
mr per level on maokai may be the most overdue thing ever

it's always tricky with champs like maokai or shen cos they have built-in sustain to deal with harass, so if you also give them mr per lvl you make them really hard counters to mage top laners

it feels like one of those things rito will buff, then remove in 8 months when it's absolutely impossible to move a maokai out of lane

jerd

I don't play bot lane but I'm pretty sure Nami is pretty far up there in terms of the best supports for caitlyn

Top Bottom