• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

TheFlow

Banned
Hey guys, if you any of you are getting bad lag issues access your modem and go to wireless setup -> advanced settings -> and change up your channel. I lost two solo q games earlier due to lag, and after this fix I have perma 67 ms (which is pretty damn good coming from Alberta.
Might look into this if I notice lag issues

Just a reminder.

dpP94C0.png

Three ADC comps still don't work.

This has been your daily reminder that Bronze is a fucked up place.

Ferga

secret message below is only for rex's eyes, nobody else click:

i was still really high in those games last night that we won, i think i remember bugging you about where to place the zzrot portal excessively lol, i had no idea what i was doing those games

lol.

Where's your Naut penta upload?

I think the junglersis what made the difference. As a sej main it hurts me to see someone go 0/8/1 with her.

Pretty much. Jarvan was ganking at the right times at the right place, and as soon as each lane fell the slightest bit behind, they were done. Lucian and I were trading pretty evenly up until the first gank and I just had him locked down from that point on.

Flow, if it makes you feel any better, Sej did hit a great 5 man ult on our entire team ... except she was the only one up and we were marching down bot lane to take the inhib tower.

TheFlow

Banned
Pretty much. Jarvan was ganking at the right times at the right place, and as soon as each lane fell the slightest bit behind, they were done. Lucian and I were trading pretty evenly up until the first gank and I just had him locked down from that point on.

Flow, if it makes you feel any better, Sej did hit a great 5 man ult on our entire team ... except she was the only one up and we were marching down bot lane to take the inhib tower.
Lol damn that sucks. She gotta have players to follow up. Wanna play more jungle games but I don't feel like dealing with the long ass wait

Hard

Banned
Time to experiment with some Renekton builds tonight. Gotta see how the E buffs impacts early laning. Should make engaging a bit smoother since can dash through minions to build fury.

- Starting with Doran's & 3 pots for some quick sustain and build to a level 3 all in

- Rushing Titanic Hydra & Merc Treads instead of Cleaver & Tabis

- Splitpush ZZ'rot Renekton

- Ghostblade rush. I call it "Assassin's Croc"

remist

Just hit 30 recently and nidalee is my main champion. The root nerf is going to destroy her first clear. I don't know if I should even play her anymore. I knew a nerf was coming and deserved, but :(

why the hell does her spear root anyways

what is the logic behind that

what the fuck riot

you say you want to make simpler champions but then you keep convoluted shit like that

remist

I guess I'm just biased. Hopefully they make up for in some other area, because she has no CC, extremely squishy and a pretty bad late game. If you nerf her early game too hard she becomes useless.

Tizoc

I'd rather have the passive on Aurelion Sol's W increase the speed of the stars over more damage.
Wouldnt that make him a little too strong? Like incould see a sol player timing an opponent's movement to his spheres and stack up a lot of damage over time this way

drawkcaB

I'm not going to cry over Nidalee nerfs but part of this frustrates me.

Over the past year or so, Riot has been giving champions certain elements in their kits just to help them jungle. Nidalee's monster root on hunt, Quinn's AA blind vs. monsters, Graves passive knockback, not to mention the smattering of "deals X% more damage vs monsters" like Shyvana's burnout (also being nerfed) or more recently Garen and Rumble.

On the one hand, I recognize that some champions are now tuned around their jungle potential and that limits buffing them for other lanes. You can't buff Nidalee mid or top in a meaningful way without completely breaking her in the jungle. Ditto Shyvana, I recognize that. That part doesn't frustrate me.

What does frustrate me is that more and more Riot is picking and choosing which champions can jungle.There's nothing serendipitous about it anymore. "We'd like Quinn to be able to jungle". Bam, AA blind. And you know what - that's fine. Riot despite all the big talk doesn't really want a game that evolves entirely on it's on, they want a mostly controlled experience, and that's fine.

What chaffs my ass is that the same changes aren't being applied to other champions that would be really interesting junglers. Leona would be interesting if her Eclipse dealt bonus damage to monsters, ditto Braum with his passive. Or how about jungle Twitch? Why can't Zyra plants deal extra damage to monsters? Etc., etc., etc.

You know, jungle Rumble might be interesting *bam* buff to make Rumble jungle a thing. It's such a mish-mash, arbitrary way to go about things.

Oh, and I'm now 12-6 with Ekko, turned my last game around by itself until my team got big, and 8-1 in my last 9 Ekko games. Ekko is the fucking best.

Hard

Banned
lol

xiBSivQ.png

I like it. Titanic -> Merc -> ZZ -> Maw -> Sterak -> LDR

Lets me keep my damage relevant with the Hydra passive and Maw, while also retaining resistance to burst with all the MR stacking and Sterak's against AD. The LDR in to deal with armor stacking tanks, I might make it my permanent 6th item. Only problem is that there's no CDR, which is pretty annoying.

Winning 2v1s for days.

Wouldnt that make him a little too strong? Like incould see a sol player timing an opponent's movement to his spheres and stack up a lot of damage over time this way

Nonsense!

While they're at it they should make it so his ultimate shoots out his orbit, and the stars fly out and blow up for massive damage to nearby enemies(He loses his passive while it's on CD to compensate). But I mean MASSIVE damage.

And while he's flying he just drops stars wherever he flies.

Go all the way Rito. ALL OR NOTHING. AND RIGHT NOW IT'S AT NOTHING.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a 6 game win streak and got promoted shortly after.

I then lost 7 games in a row for a demotion. Didn't win a single game in the new division.

As soon as I was demoted, I won the next game. :|

Blizzard

Banned
I'm pretty sure you need to win at least one game in a new division before you're eligible for demotion, or was that changed?
As far as I know, you could always be demoted after losing a few games. I think you only had guaranteed protection for 3 games.

faridmon

Hey guys, if you any of you are getting bad lag issues access your modem and go to wireless setup -> advanced settings -> and change up your channel. I lost two solo q games earlier due to lag, and after this fix I have perma 67 ms (which is pretty damn good coming from Alberta).

Yeah, will try this once I get home.

I lost two games to lag yesterday, and was planning to stop playing for a while, or maybe just play Normals.

Sad days when I'm carrying my team with my AP Ali of 13 kills, because my top laner and jungle somehow fed Ekko within 10 minutes giving 3 kills each. The other teammate who had the most kills was a Yasuo on 3.

Still ended up losing, but I was destroying their teammates.

garath

ok.. trying Vi. This is not going to go well.

I'm not sure what win conditions we have here:

Vi, Vlad, Corki, Ori, Blitz

vs

Poppy, Ali, Lucian, Kayle, Volibear

They are tanky, stop burst, stop CC and fast. Going to be an interesting game. I'm not even sure what lane I'm going to gank. They're all super annoying to do.

So I kept thinking about this game last night lol. I'm not even the slightest bit upset about the game but strategically I'm wondering what I could have done differently to win. I keep coming back to champ select. In this scenario I was dead last pick. I chose Vi more because I wanted to play her than a supposed good fit. However I kind of read the loss just from champ select.

What jungler would have been a better pick here? Couldn't be AP because we were loaded with AP already. Kayle kills burst and poppy kills gap closers. I'd need tank killing potential...

Maybe yi actually? If he wasn't banned. Graves? They just had a lot of peel, two strong tank initiators with great damage and a kayle to round it all out. I'm hard pressed to think of a way to win it.

Leezard

Anyone played with/against the new Soraka yet?

I've seen some conflicting reports on her new strength. I was expecting her power level to drop. She's been banned by the enemy team in the few ranked games I played yesterday, and there are people calling the Q changes a net buff.

garath

I've seen some conflicting reports on her new strength. I was expecting her power level to drop. She's been banned by the enemy team in the few ranked games I played yesterday, and there are people calling the Q changes a net buff.

Oh joy. That's exactly what the game needs. A buffed soraka.

Leezard

Oh joy. That's exactly what the game needs. A buffed soraka.

Yeah, that's why I'm interested to see what other gaffers think. I haven't been able to judge her power level by myself yet.

On paper she should be worse against burst but will be able to put out larger single heals over time, but the W spam should be weaker. She has 110% AP scaling in total for her heal when buffed by Q.

nbraun80

I played her once to see, cause I usually always ban her if I get a ban. The q slow is good and all, but i could see how the heal over time from it sucked more in trades then getting that insta heal back. otherwise she didn't feel too different than before, it was a close game but we loss basically because they had a talon, shyv, darius, and i couldn't keep the backline and me alive to the talon/shyv dive. I'll probably still ban her, just because I don't like having to pick someone like talon/fizz every game to deal with her.

+edit yeah, I think it's a bit of a buff for the 2v2 lane, but in teamfights it was pretty noticeable that my W wasn't healing as much in bursts

Leezard

Interesting to see that she is banned more for others, too.

I kinda want to lane against Soraka to see her power level, but kinda not since she is so boring.

faridmon

it's probably not too bad when you play her mid i suppose, but i wouldn't take too many of those builds in that match too seriously.

Not after they rebalanced RoA around. RoA is now a good substitute for Grail/Morello in a lot of cases.

She still wants Zhonya.

roa is efficient on anyone

the only issue with morg is that she really wants zhonyas to team fight

Figured as much

Wait, they re-balanced ROA? When?
Keep in mind its been about 2 years since I played Morgana mid.

Tailer

Played against soraka and generally I definitely think it's a nerf it's very subtle but it's still a nerf. But in certain situations she will be more annoying than before.

Top Bottom