• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

aw man Stone Ocean always seemed like a pretty chill dude. hopefully he'll be back in top form soon.

I'm a high school teacher who's school is getting in on the esports thing.

Welcome! But I dont understand. Are you saying you're a high school teacher?

<edit> I get it. You're a teacher at a high school that has an esports program. Had no idea high schools had such a thing. I thought just colleges had these programs

zkylon

zkylewd
phreak saying system works cos he gets 70% adc and 30% support is so stupid

Hey guys. Been lurking. Thought I'd join in the conversation.

I'm a high school teacher who's school is getting in on the esports thing. They were looking for a coach and since I play a lot of video games I thought I'd take a crack at it. So I find out the game we're gonna be playing is League of Legends. This is back in... I don't remember, maybe October? Thought I'd better start playing it if I was going to be coaching it, and have been playing since then.

I'm level 23 now, digging it. Making mistakes but getting better. Reading a lot of guides, tips, builds, forums, etc really helps, but nothing like playing the game.

Anyway. I'm still trying to figure out what role I like best. I'm worst at ADC, but that bothers me a lot, so I almost want to practice that more so I get better at it, but I don't know that I really want to play that role much, y'know?
i kind of feel that adc is the least strategic role out of them all so maybe you should focus on the other roles to get a feel of how the game's played in a more macro level. like how does roaming work for jungler+mid or jungler+support, how does a team set up a tp for their top laner, etc.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Janna is all bullshit.

:^)

image.php

Jarsonot

I started out playing support, and still like that a lot. So far my preferences are support>jungle>mid>top>adc

I'm definitely not the best player, but most of my players are in bronze, or unranked. I've been drilling into them the necessity of warding, objectives are better than kills, out-farming in laneing phase etc. I've got ideas on things to look at next, but I feel we deeply need the fundamentals covered right now.

Farming. Map awareness. Objectives>kills.

It's been fun, and me and my co-coach (the school librarian) are totally hooked. She'll be lvl 30 this weekend.

Calvero

Banned
I started out playing support, and still like that a lot. So far my preferences are support>jungle>mid>top>adc

I'm definitely not the best player, but most of my players are in bronze, or unranked. I've been drilling into them the necessity of warding, objectives are better than kills, out-farming in laneing phase etc. I've got ideas on things to look at next, but I feel we deeply need the fundamentals covered right now.

Farming. Map awareness. Objectives>kills.

It's been fun, and me and my co-coach (the school librarian) are totally hooked. She'll be lvl 30 this weekend.

Tell them Yasuo is best champion.

....Im starting to get back to league again.

And what the hell did they do to Soraka!? they made her idiot proof? Try and focus her, ADC will blast you and while you try to run soraka will just AoE silence you and hit you with her starfall. Focus ADC and Soraka will just "NOPE" the hell outta your damage. its frustrating as hell dealing with her now..... please help and give me some advice!

#Saltybotlanefridays

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
....Im starting to get back to league again.

And what the hell did they do to Soraka!? they made her idiot proof? Try and focus her, ADC will blast you and while you try to run soraka will just AoE silence you and hit you with her starfall. Focus ADC and Soraka will just "NOPE" the hell outta your damage. its frustrating as hell dealing with her now..... please help and give me some advice!

#Saltybotlanefridays

ban soraka and you won't have to worry :^)

Hard

Banned
There are always exceptions to the mean, like Mash on TiP, or Bjerg on TSM.

With Bjerg, during the old-TSM days with Dyrus, and co. Lustboy was the starting support, and he didn't shotcall. Someone had to do it. Probably felt his English wasn't up to par. Someone had to do it, and Bjerg took up the mantle over Santorin (who was newer, Dyrus & WT don't seem like shot-callers) . Nowadays, YellowStar should be taking up the lead role, but looking at the leaked comms, some of Bjerg's need to call is still there, given he's overriding YS several times. Hai is also an exception. He could shot call in any role. He's done it playing Mid, Jungle, or Support.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Bitches don't know about my sick Sona mechanics.

pigeon

Banned
??????????

What about Bjergsen and what used to be Hai in the mid lane?

Hai moved out of mid lane specifically because he couldn't play it well while trying to shotcall.

Bjergsen is just a weird exception and he probably should be shotcalling less.

Hard

Banned
soraka's honestly terrible right now tho.

Good. Soraka falls into the "Katarina Conundrum" in that you can't buff or nerf the champ without having them being oppressively strong or too weak to be worth playing.

Hai moved out of mid lane specifically because he couldn't play it well while trying to shotcall.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0tpg8Mk1oE1

I thought Hai moved out of midlane because it was too mechanically intensive and his wrists were fucked up

Timeline:

Starting roster 2015: Balls, Meteos, Hai, Sneaky, LemonNation

- Hai retires
- Jensen comes in
- Jensen & Meteos disagree with how to play the game (Meteos wants to be a carry-style jungler, Jensen wants supportive style)
- Hai comes back as a jungler
- C9 picks up Rush and Bunny
- Hai retires (again)
- Lemon retires
- Team sucks with Bunny
- Hai comes back (again) as support

23qwerty

I thought Hai moved out of midlane because it was too mechanically intensive and his wrists were fucked up

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Soraka having heal on such a low CD is the big problem. They could change her back to her old kit with heal being on like a 10s+ CD.

zkylon

zkylewd
says the mid main

I could go write a 17 page report about why top > mid but I'm lazy :^)

There's a reason midlaners don't shot call in LCS

shotcalling is not the same as macro play and either way there's as few top laners shotcallers as there are midlaners

I'm confused.

I just had the most bs cheese game and I loved it!

Thresh top vs Garen ... Diana vs Jhin Mid. Their team had 3 ADC a tak sup and a Garen, ours had 2 supports. In champ select I saw he was trying to go Singed top but changed it to Thresh when someone said we need tanks. Was gonna dodge but said fuck it, I wanna see how this goes.

Too bad he's such an ass hat in the lobby.

This was my last game before my most recent one and now I'm level 30...

Also I got Gnar but I feel like that may have been a mistake :(

Sooo much IP, Not sure if I like him yet. Need to pay him against people.

TheFlow

Banned
even if the whole team focus a fed yi, most likely your team will still end up losing the fight.

Malphite is easier to handle

Every time I'm updating my account data (which I do every 6 months or something like that, when the idea is to update it with every purchase). I get a reminder of how awful League's store is. And how hard is to know what skins you own in an easy way.

Why can I only browse the store from inside the client? I would love if they had the store in their website too, if only for reference.

I have to go to the wikia to get the prices of every skin. At least add the store to the api.
But all this work is so much worth the effort.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Every time I'm updating my account data (which I do every 6 months or something like that, when the idea is to update it with every purchase). I get a reminder of how awful League's store is. And how hard is to know what skins you own in an easy way.

Why can I only browse the store from inside the client? I would love if they had the store in their website too, if only for reference.

I have to go to the wikia to get the prices of every skin. At least add the store to the api.

But all this work is so much worth the effort.
So when are you gonna sell your account and make the big dough?

Never.

It will be a memorial to all the money I wasted in a game which will be long dead. For my future 2046 me.

edit: Besides, it also calculates how much my account is worth, and I know best case scenario I would only get 10% back.

Top Bottom