• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

I think I can hear the sound of zkylon and all other mid mains hating your guts.

I've distanced myself enough from the game that I only play quick bot games for my extra daily IP. Maybe sometime later I'll go back to playing normals or ranked, but I feel like my skill has hit a plateau and I'm still sucking at the game.
I'm just a Summoner trying to practice my Poppy.

Maybe they should que Top first then.

Game length (capped at about an hour), mode, and whether you won.

Soo much :/

They should just make it a flat 200+ if you win and 100 if you don't. This is getting annoying, I wanna buy more champs but I can't so I gotta use my comfort picks which can be counter picked cause I don't know too many cause I need IP to buy more.

v6MjF7t.jpg
idk what to say here.

I played League on a friends house tonight, it was great to play a few games without packet loss. I even got to play a game with Ahri after so long. And talking somehow it came out that Ahri's Q range indicator is shorter than the actual range, and why it hasn't been changed.

I never really thought about it before, I'm just so used to it, that if it got 'fixed' I would probably still think it has a bit more range than showed even if that was not longer the case.

Is there any other ability with a range indicator that doesn't show the true actual range?

Blizzard

Banned
I played League on a friends house tonight, it was great to play a few games without packet loss. I even got to play a game with Ahri after so long. And talking somehow it came out that Ahri's Q range indicator is shorter than the actual range, and why it hasn't been changed.

I never really thought about it before, I'm just so used to it, that if it got 'fixed' I would probably still think it has a bit more range than showed even if that was not longer the case.

Is there any other ability with a range indicator that doesn't show the true actual range?
I think Riot may do that on purpose with a couple of abilities because it feels good. Caitlyn Q maybe? And I've surprised myself a few times when I throw out a Nautilus anchor and it catches someone.

Leezard

A lot of line skillshots (I want to say most) work like that and have worked that way since League started.

Top truly is the most random, cheese lane :/

Faced 2 TF tops today as Poppy ... It's always annoying when someone picks "ranged mage/ adc" top just so they can safely harass in lane and get to late game. Sure, you're likely to make them look like a fool late game for forcing their team into having 2 of the same role and missing out on a key role( if you don't let them snowball) but it's just so damn annoying.

Starting to find that bc and ibg are must buys on Poppy. She needs that cdr bad and that caps it out pretty fast.

jerd

Ranged vs melee isn't an instant death sentence for the lane by any stretch of the imagination. Remember a big part of that champs power budget goes into the fact that they're ranged. Melees are inherently stronger pound for pound except yknow, they're melee. Some matchups are super tough for sure but in that one for example you probably could have E'd onto him at pretty much any point and won the trade. It's not generally immobile ranged top laners that cause trouble because most tops can melt ranged champs if they can get on them

Ferga

Pick vlad into Nasus for a free win, go toilet and comeback to see rumble jungle...

I get hard camped by a nocturne because i'm up by 20cs and denying the crap out of stacks. I let the lane push into me while nocturne is sitting in my river bush.

While all this is happening, my rumble jungle had to back after his first red and is on his raptors.

Mid somehow roams top level 3 and I get 3 man dived.

I'm the target of every single nocturne ult and eventually Nasus gets too big for the team.

RIP my second Diamond promos.

Blizzard

Banned
Pick vlad into Nasus for a free win, go toilet and comeback to see rumble jungle...

I get hard camped by a nocturne because i'm up by 20cs and denying the crap out of stacks. I let the lane push into me while nocturne is sitting in my river bush.

While all this is happening, my rumble jungle had to back after his first red and is on his raptors.

I'm the target of every single nocturne ult and eventually Nasus gets too big for the team.

Sounds like they made a good decision. At least you get 1 (or 2) free wins if you make it back to promos again.

I'm not sure Vlad is a "free win" -- at platinum level, things could go either way, as evidenced by your game. :p Nasus can still outscale eventually I think.

Leezard

Sounds like they made a good decision. At least you get 1 (or 2) free wins if you make it back to promos again.

I'm not sure Vlad is a "free win" -- at platinum level, things could go either way, as evidenced by your game. :p Nasus can still outscale eventually I think.

You don't get that in Plat and above.

kenbo

All the rumble jungles I've seen have been incredible

It wasnt a bad pick, just a bad player

subtles

The Yasuo Ghost banned out was in Dom's game just now and played terribly (was also the least damage.)

He's on his team again

Calvero

Banned
Didn't watch it. Wonder how it feels to play bad with the champ name in your handle. Anyway, these Dom streams where he's done Unranked -> Challenger are pretty great. Learn a lot from it.

and get on NA Dobker. i know your ass is prob awake.

Calvero

Banned
Put on tilt by a kennen that wouldn't stop talking shit to everyone and never bothered to build toward a zhonya's and a team that i tell to be careful with their positioning because a binding by lux or morg will end up with them dead because of kogmaw.
What do they do?
Keep trying to fight over and over again and not even fighting for objectives, they're just trying to pad their kda. I tell them to stop trying to fight everything and kennen tells me to stfu.
They don't even try targeting the kogmaw who's murdering everyone.
Wtf do you do when your team won't listen?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Vlad doesn't counter Nasus. You're running Strength of Ages and haven't invested a single point into the Ferocity tree. You started boots because you didn't respect your lane opponent instead of going cloth armor.

Rumble jungle is actually pretty legit, if he knows how to do it.

That sucks you lost your promos.

garath

I am absolutely going to play sejuani again. I think she's a really strong tank jungler. I think Vi is pretty good again too.

Got nerfed a little bit but he's still a pretty good tank to pick up.
Thanks, like i have had to play against him and wow the damage and cc he does is crazy. I think i will get good at naut and shen for my top laners, the nerfs to titanic hyrda are going to hurt shen a bit, i might just end up not building it on him any more and just go another ad tank item or just go another tank item.

Also i can almost always level one cheese the other top laner with shen.

Neol

Yea his base damages are pretty good.

Kinda works the same way as Shen as you go for quick trades as his W gives a shield and after a couple of hits you just E and walk away.

Yea his base damages are pretty good.

Kinda works the same way as Shen as you go for quick trades as his W gives a shield and after a couple of hits you just E and walk away.
I usually do the E>Q>W and you get grasph to proct and alot of damage out, with them barely returning any.

drawkcaB

I am absolutely going to play sejuani again. I think she's a really strong tank jungler. I think Vi is pretty good again too.

Ditto on Sej. Vi still has the same issue she has had for a while which is A) warriors sucks and B) she's a one trick pony. It's a helluva trick, but if your team is running a tank top and a mage mid which is very common these days her pick-and-kill play pattern falls off hard.

So there's a Korean Master player that plays Sejuani top/mid/support.

57% win rate over 569 games.

http://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=아프리카tv홍땅혁

I'm not surprised, particularly in top and support. She's had ok win rates in both positions for a while now. Nothing crazy, but more or less good enough that if you really want to put lots of time in it can work.

Fould u poat ur jungle ekko build and ruins etc pls? Thinking of trying him out today :x

AS marks, armour seals, various CDR glyphs, AP quints. Start W, max Q then E then W. Runic Echoes into either deadman's plate when behind, or iceborne Gauntlet when ahead. Abyssal Scepter is a solid second buy vs magic damage.

The biggest thing about Ekko is learning how to use W and R well. R just comes with playing him. For W I suggest going into a custom vs. bot to get a feel for it and learn how to do stuff like time flash-E into the bubble just when it's ready to detonate.

This game.

THIS GAME.

We had all three of our inhibs knocked out at one point but we were able to defend against 3 separate pushes.

Then they took Baron and we killed them.

Then they tried to push mid, and we killed them.

Then we started finally hitting the Wombo Combos with Yasuo and they disintegrated.

I almost fell out of my chair in exhaustion at the end of the match. I don't think I've ever been pushed as mentally and mechanically hard during a game as this one.

Top Bottom