• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Nekofrog

Banned
At least the plague that is the smiteless jungler is gone nowadays.

"I don't need Smite!" says S1 and S2 low-elo Warwick/Fiddle, and proceed to lose buffs and objectives.

I played a game on my gold smurf on saturday and our warwick jungle took ghost

in gold

ghost warwick

how do you even

Sightstone -> tier 1 boots -> upgraded support item -> upgraded boots (lucidity or swiftness) -> Locket/Banner/Mikaels -> Mikaels/Banner/Locket. Last item is up to you if you have the luxury of getting one.
Only one of Banner/Locket, of course.
When should I start considering getting a 6th item as opposed to having a pink ward slot?

Also any general ward hotspot maps around?

Leezard

When should I start considering getting a 6th item as opposed to having a pink ward slot?

Also any general ward hotspot maps around?

That really depends. If you have any invis threats on the enemy team you probably won't ever have the luxury of getting rid of it.

Typically you don't want to replace pink wards with a half-finished item (spectre's cowl, warden's mail, needlessly large rod) but only with a complete item. If you already have a pink ward out in a good spot (say baron or a good spot in the enemy jungle), you can replace the pink ward slot with good conscience. If you don't have a pink ward out then try to place one in a good spot before you replace it. If you're just gearing up for the final fight in the enemy base then whatever, get rid of it.

You really want to get elixirs before you get rid of pink wards though.

I don't have any ward hotspot maps, but you want to ward objectives that are about to be contended as well as covering your flanks for when you are about to contest an objective, for example jungle entrances near mid lane/baron/dragon. Laning wards are kind of obvious.

I personally reserve one slot for pinks. Maybe if I have loads of excess gold and dragon/baron timers are high enough.

Securing vision over them is just too important for me. It makes it very easy to discourage the enemy from contesting.

Edwardo

i really shouldn't talk more without reading ur post but here we go...

pick ur battles

if u see a bunch of ppl being upset because they're not getting what they want what are you gonna accomplish by telling them to stop whining

Sometimes u just gotta let em know.

ward where you think they will be

That really depends. If you have any invis threats on the enemy team you probably won't ever have the luxury of getting rid of it.

Typically you don't want to replace pink wards with a half-finished item (spectre's cowl, warden's mail, needlessly large rod) but only with a complete item. If you already have a pink ward out in a good spot (say baron or a good spot in the enemy jungle), you can replace the pink ward slot with good conscience. If you don't have a pink ward out then try to place one in a good spot before you replace it. If you're just gearing up for the final fight in the enemy base then whatever, get rid of it.

You really want to get elixirs before you get rid of pink wards though.

I don't have any ward hotspot maps, but you want to ward objectives that are about to be contended as well as covering your flanks for when you are about to contest an objective, for example jungle entrances near mid lane/baron/dragon. Laning wards are kind of obvious.
Gotcha. Now to get some practice, luckily at my ELO no one will ban Janna ever.

Calvero

Banned
Well, I'm convinced now. I'll always ban Yasuo. This guy literally was at 50 health, 2 minutes in without pots and didn't back. Overextended with a half health LeBlanc and died to Teemo gank. He blamed me for that.I went for a gank bot lane to pull our MF ahead and got her a triple kill on Morg, Jhin and Teemo. Meanwhile, Yasuo dies solo against LeBlanc and blames me, again. He went on to blame everyone on the team for him dying and calling everyone trash and proceeded to feed purposely. Literally telling us it was on purpose. "Oh I guess it's karma for not helping me." The enemy team refuses to report him in post-match, saying he lost lane legit and was having a bad game. ;-;
Screen_Shot_2016_03_14_at_3_04_55_PM.png

Blizzard

Banned
Ouch, at least I won a single game in Silver IV this time. Last time I hit it, it was an instant 7 game loss streak.

The second game was massively one-sided against me (though I still got an S rank), so we'll see if this is downhill from here on out.

Zyra winrate down to 77%. *edit* Won the next, streak averted.

Will Aurelion be coming out this week or next? :V I've been saving my IP for him. Lol

so far the jungle teemos are the closest thing to a carry on the teams I've faced

The Teemo we went against wasn't even close to a carry. Maybe I just had a bad Teemo, who knows?

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd like it more if Lucian could still be black. Seeing as how there are only 2 or 3 of those out of the 100+ champs. But fans gonna fan.
Is Lucian white here or is it just me?
i can see what u mean but i do think he looks black in that picture

but see that's why i don't get political with black people pictures here

just pretty white anime girls from now on

tho this isn't anime

Edwardo

I might just stop building Face of the Mountain. It gets really annoying when you can use your charges because teammates burn thru minions once midgame hits.

hey friend

where do u play, what do u play, how much do you hate rengar, etc.

gotta do proper introductions

Let's see, I mostly play tank tops and support. I've been trying to play some Graves top since he used to be my favorite champion when he was an ADC. Favorite support is Bard (of course)

And Rengar...bleh...

IGN is PhazonBlazer

pigeon

Banned
Not sure why I'm seeing so much Malzahar in my games. He doesn't strike me as particularly stronger right now, and it's not like he's turning up in LCS.

zkylon

zkylewd
pbe

Lulu
Base health reduced to 515 from 552.76
Whimsy (W)
AP ratio reverted to 10% per 100 AP from 5% per 100 AP
Speed buff duration reduced to 3/3.25/3.5/3.75/4 from 3/3.5/4/4.5/5
Wild Growth (R) bonus health reverted to 300/450/600 from 200/350/500
i like this nerf better, tho feels like a smaller nerf overall

Lux
Prismatic Barrier (W) Shield value lowered to 50/65/80/95/110 from 50/70/90/110/130
[Reminder: Lux W has several change on the PBE atm. ]
doesn't change anything, the stacking mechanic on shield they added on last pbe patch seems super dumb anyways

what is riot even doing with her

just make the e travel speed a bit slower and the duration lower and see how that works. how hard is that

zkylon

zkylewd
also rioter basically confirmed syndra will be getting small tweaks (twitch/lucy size) on mage rework patch

hope they don't ruin her

Why not do the Gragas thing with Lux's E

Instant casts do less damage but if you let it simmer for a while it does the same/more damage than current E. Wouldn't change her burst since you want to lead with Q anyways, just make sure it only takes like a second for it to do similar damage as live.

zkylon

zkylewd
i found this to be pretty cool: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...proverbs_for_the_mid_lane_korean_translation/

Why not do the Gragas thing with Lux's E

Instant casts do less damage but if you let it simmer for a while it does the same/more damage than current E. Wouldn't change her burst since you want to lead with Q anyways, just make sure it only takes like a second for it to do similar damage as live.
wouldn't work as well, gragas q is only used for dmg on immobile targets (jungle creeps). when u use it against ppl it's just for the slow. gragas and lux are fundamentally different champions, i think making lux e work like gragas' q would ruin her

again, complaining about lux e is kind of weak when u consider its cooldown, mana cost and damage compared to other mages' main nukes. yeah it's less risky but it's also up less frequently and it's less rewarding. only reason it's annoying right now is cos she gets a ton of mileage out of e auto cos it procs thunderlords+passive and it's impossible to dodge, but u know, that's keystones for you, ruining the game one champion at a time

edit: like you'll never see a team with lux in it just poke you out with just e the way xerath would do with his q. the way lux' siege works is she eventually catches someone with q and then she combos them. e is only problematic in lane because of thunderlords and as such all e nerfs should be directed at toning down her laning strength and making it harder for her to abuse that mastery

Newt

I don't think there should be any skillshots in the game that can't be dodged though. Maybe Lux E should just be a targeted spell that does less damage.

I don't know what I would want from a Taric rework. They're definitely getting rid of his targeted stun, I hope they keep his W the same or at least change it very little.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think there should be any skillshots in the game that can't be dodged though. Maybe Lux E should just be a targeted spell that does less damage.
i agree with the first part, but i don't think lux e needs extra mechanics or big changes, at least not the kind of changes that could just go in a random nerf pbe patch

i think making the travel speed a bit slow would give u enough time to move away from it if she didn't guess where you were gonna move to

i do think her e is a boring spell that could be changed into something fun but it's not a fundamentally bad spell, it's just op because of thunderlords

It's happening

Extended PBE cycle and taric rework tomorrow count on it
there's one more targon lore thing left, so yeah, it'd be cool if that was him

Top Bottom