• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kenbo

The new ingame threat: "If you people don't behave, I'm ruining my S rank so NO CHEST DROPS."
This is why Riot obfuscates the mastery calculation
Got Hot Rod Corki from a chest. Unlocked it. I'm down for this, I never buy skins anyway, so I like that there's a way for me to get some.

Also why is there a limit of 3 clubs you can join? :/
Its so people don't make and hoard tens of clubs surely. If the load isn't so big Riot may increase the number
Went 2-8 in my provisional games. Silver IV. Oh well. Really hoping I can improve this season.
Best of luck and may there be many mastery chests in your future

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
WOW,
WENT IN TO RANKED AND WENT INTO CHAMP SELECT AND THE DISCOUNTED FROM PVP.NET AND DODGE AND NOW I HAVE A 30 MIN DODGE TIME.

FUCK THIS GAME. FUCK THERE SERVERS
LIKE WHAT THE HELL, MY BROTHER WHO WAS PLAYING WAS COMPLETELY FINE.
AND LOST 10 LP. IM SUPER FUCKING PISSED

There was no way i could even had tried to fix it, i couldnt click on the reconnect or anything.

I've been having (and complaining about) that issue for weeks. Ain't it fun? (^:

Went 2-8 in my provisional games. Silver IV. Oh well. Really hoping I can improve this season.

Provisionals don't count for shit this season and you're guaranteed to land lower than expected. You'll climb back up easily tho.

How do I join EUWGAF club?

Invite sent

Blizzard

Banned
I saw my first legitimate griefer in ages. In a 5v4 game, with the mid laner gone from maybe 4 minutes, and the support gone for 10+ minutes, they repeatedly died in a 2v1 bot lane.

After that point, they started going top.

After being begged repeatedly by the entire team, they finally came mid once or twice, killing the mid inhib tower. After that point, they claimed to have died 4 times mid and every time they listen to the team they just die, so they refused to do anything but suicidally push side lanes. As a result, the other team pushed the nexus since they had a farmed ADC + Xin and we didn't. We had one chance to kill the Xin while exhausted + ignited, but missed focus on him.

We never even killed the open mid inhibitor, because they refused to go there.

Ashhong

Send me an fr and I'll throw you an invite.

IGN: Lord Newt

Sent FR

Possible things that could have happened:

• You already got a chest while playing Janna
  • Janna was a free week champion that you did not own
  • Something else I dunno

Was the S rank from your premade? Check your "Champions" tab in the client for the champion you were playing, and see if the chest is lit up when you hover.

I only have a chest next to Bard. I won that chest playing solo ranked game. I have now played in two ranked games as Janna where my teammates have gotten an S. Well I believe one was an S- and the other was S. No chest for Janna. Is it S- or S?

My most recent one, two teammates got the S and the chat even told us that they got that grade. Myself and the other two teammates got no chest, all of us playing on champs without a chest.

Wait, do you have to have Mastery level 5 before you can earn a chest?

Blizzard

Banned
I only have a chest next to Bard. I won that chest playing solo ranked game. I have now played in two ranked games as Janna where my teammates have gotten an S. Well I believe one was an S- and the other was S. No chest for Janna. Is it S- or S?

My most recent one, two teammates got the S and the chat even told us that they got that grade. Myself and the other two teammates got no chest, all of us playing on champs without a chest.

Wait, do you have to have Mastery level 5 before you can earn a chest?
Were the teammates in your premade though? Or just random teammates? They have to be in your premade it would seem.

You don't need mastery level 5.

Ashhong

Were the teammates in your premade though? Or just random teammates? They have to be in your premade it would seem.

You don't need mastery level 5.

No they werent. But my first chest I received without being in a premade..

Also that sucks, it should be anybody in your team. Being a premade already raises the chance for key shards.

PS. How come theres no Project Lucian on sale? He came out with Leona but he wasn't in the Early Sale last month while Leona was and he's not in this month's..

Blizzard

Banned
No they werent. But my first chest I received without being in a premade..

Also that sucks, it should be anybody in your team. Being a premade already raises the chance for key shards.

PS. How come theres no Project Lucian on sale? He came out with Leona but he wasn't in the Early Sale last month while Leona was and he's not in this month's..
Are you certain your first earned chest (not the first free chest, but earned chest) wasn't you yourself getting an S? Or a premade friend?

Calvero

Banned
Raging all over my last match of the series. Every other lane: bot, supp, jungle, top fed 8 kills. 8 KILLS. I only died twice, but it didn't fucking matter, I was inconsequential. Literally nothing I could do. Couldn't farm or I'd have 3 lanes up my ass and my jungler coming to get CS. Our bot lane that was behind but kept trying to fight their bot lane.

Calvero

Banned
someone banned my champ when I was first pick...what the hell? I could understand if it was a troll pick, but it wasn't. I asked him why and he told me to fuck off and that it's past my bedtime. What is up with people right now?

Provisionals don't count for shit this season and you're guaranteed to land lower than expected. You'll climb back up easily tho.

I'm not super worried about climbing. I do dynamic queue with four other friends, so all I really want is not to have the feeling that I hold them back. I think they're around Gold-Platinum level, and I really think I just play at a Silver level. I'm gonna try working on my mechanics and decision making.

someone banned my champ when I was first pick...what the hell? I could understand if it was a troll pick, but it wasn't. I asked him why and he told me to fuck off and that it's past my bedtime. What is up with people right now?
I don't know, man, the average league player is usually such an ass. Trash talking from the enemy team pisses me off more than I'd like it to. I try to brush it off, but man it really does get me worked up. I don't know if it affects my play, but it feels a lot worse if we lose to people like that.

jerd

Raging all over my last match of the series. Every other lane: bot, supp, jungle, top fed 8 kills. 8 KILLS. I only died twice, but it didn't fucking matter, I was inconsequential. Literally nothing I could do. Couldn't farm or I'd have 3 lanes up my ass and my jungler coming to get CS. Our bot lane that was behind but kept trying to fight their bot lane.

I was 1-1 in my series a couple of days ago and game 3 was all but won. We aced them took two inhibitors and were way ahead in every metric. Our mid overstays in that push and dies for no reason but nbd. Our top laner, who had already shown signs of tilt, proceeds to spend the rest of the game spam pinging question marks over him and when the game wouldn't let him ping anymore he'd type "worthless mid" (our mid was 6/3/x when this started). Eventually everyone on our team just starts throwing and we lose. I muted him pretty quick but its still surprisingly hard to concentrate while someone is spam pinging.

Moral of the story is Riot leaves some assholes/boosted players unbanned and has an algorithm to make sure they always end up in your promo games

Ashhong

Are you certain your first earned chest (not the first free chest, but earned chest) wasn't you yourself getting an S? Or a premade friend?

I was definitely playing solo but I'm not sure of the rank now that you mention it. It says my season high is S, but I just got an S today so I'm not sure if I got an S in the chest game. I guess I probably did.

Anyone playing ranked tonight, don't. 2 games in a row had disconnects, plus the bizarre play from people.

Yea I've had multiple disconnects. Sucks but I won them both so...

zkylon

zkylewd
queen_lissandra_by_noir_snow-d9vh6a6.jpg

i like this skin, lizzy just needs one good splash art

Calvero

Banned
I don't know, man, the average league player is usually such an ass. Trash talking from the enemy team pisses me off more than I'd like it to. I try to brush it off, but man it really does get me worked up. I don't know if it affects my play, but it feels a lot worse if we lose to people like that.
the guy ended up feeding and blamed me for everything.
I was 1-1 in my series a couple of days ago and game 3 was all but won. We aced them took two inhibitors and were way ahead in every metric. Our mid overstays in that push and dies for no reason but nbd. Our top laner, who had already shown signs of tilt, proceeds to spend the rest of the game spam pinging question marks over him and when the game wouldn't let him ping anymore he'd type "worthless mid" (our mid was 6/3/x when this started). Eventually everyone on our team just starts throwing and we lose. I muted him pretty quick but its still surprisingly hard to concentrate while someone is spam pinging.

Moral of the story is Riot leaves some assholes/boosted players unbanned and has an algorithm to make sure they always end up in your promo games
honestly feels that way. i think i need to leave this game alone for a while.

Blizzard

Banned
Some random bugs:

1. Sometimes the X button doesn't close the League client. I have to right click the task bar to kill it.

2. Sometimes if you do "/mute all", the ingame chat gets stuck in italics permanently. This bug has apparently been around since 2015.

Banzai

Hotdamn, four great Twisted Fate games in a row. I might actually not fall back to S5 this time lol.

Funniest game was when someone wanted to play Jinx mid because she's their main. We could persuade her to go adc...only for her to feed. She came back in late game but still.

pigeon

Banned
League should do a champion that is just all the eyes and faces from all the champions that don't show their eyes or faces.

Go into what I think is a normal game with Dobkeratops and Godan Strife to practice Shen. We have a Nasus jungle.

In what was an interesting game, we were the victors. afterwards we noticed it was ranked.

confusion ensued, but we were happy with the win.

then came the golden question...

"who the fuck plays Nasus jungle?"

who indeed.

Is anyone else having problems with disconnecting from pvp.net?
It happened to me again last night, so i just stopped playing league after that. I think the clubs and chest stuff is messing with it.

Go into what I think is a normal game with Dobkeratops and Godan Strife to practice Shen. We have a Nasus jungle.

In what was an interesting game, we were the victors. afterwards we noticed it was ranked.

confusion ensued, but we were happy with the win.

then came the golden question...

"who the fuck plays Nasus jungle?"

who indeed.
Lol. I hate being tricked into ranked.

Newt

Yesterday I was playing solo q and queued up for bot/mid and I got mid. Problem is our jungler took Kayle from me and I ended up with Zed mid. First time playing Zed really.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's not the question I asked. You specifically said, "There is no reason to play Nautilus jungle. The clears are too slow." This implies the clears are related to there being no reason to play him.

So, I'm asking how long you guess his clears take, and which route you'd consider. I have to ask now, because if I came to you with numbers you could say "Well, I meant a different jungle route". :p

If he has much bigger problems than clears, why even mention "The clears are too slow"?
There is not a set route for the jungle. If a champion is strong but has slow clears you just take them to a lane or something because there's no need for them to jungle. I already know you're going to post about some Nautilus Devourer meme build and I don't care and your numbers would never track to what I expect a Devourer jungler to do.

Nekofrog

Banned
Is anyone else having problems with disconnecting from pvp.net?
It happened to me again last night, so i just stopped playing league after that. I think the clubs and chest stuff is messing with it.

Lol. I hate being tricked into ranked.

Internet in general was weird for me last night. Disconnected from pvp net, and like half the Web pages I normal visit were timing out and half the others were just fine.

zkylon

zkylewd
Her splashes are ok, Riot just needs to stop with the "grit your teeth as if you're constipated" expression
well that's what i mean

it sucks

Leave my waifu alone please, keep your filthy animu-generifier filters away from her.
nah, i get u, i'll find some fluffy ear pictures for u next time

Her default is the best and also great.

it is the best, but her skins look really good in game and deserve better splashes

Top Bottom