• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Now laners are taking smite. There's more than just ganking that would be hit for a jungler. you thought it was annoying when your mid and top clear one side of your entire jungle without smite(sorry rex, those are my camps after 20 minutes :3 ), now more than one lane has the option if they want to.

oh god dragon control

oh god baron control

people are already bursting when they shouldnt to "avoid" a steal when a good jungler can account for enemy jungler damage when he's doing his own rotation to secure the baron, throw more smites it and gfhkdghhkjd

Make Smite be restricted to the jungling items
Allow only 1 jungling item per team

There you fixed everything

Briefing will happen in normal games, but oh well this game shouldn't be balanced around bronzies.

Quonny

They really should split exhaust into two summoners, each with stronger versions of their two effects. That would at add some variety to bot lane summoners. Attack speed slow against auto attacks, flat damage reduction against skill based attackers.

DRE Fei

Make Smite be restricted to the jungling items
Allow only 1 jungling item per team

There you fixed everything

Briefing will happen in normal games, but oh well this game shouldn't be balanced around bronzies.

Limiting each team to only 1 jungle item enforces a certain meta, which riot has stated that they're not trying to do.

patchday

Think Imma take Vi into lane.

Practiced in a custom last night to see just how much she was buffed. That E buff is BEAUTIFUL! That along with the mana cost reduction plus a corruption potion makes it so that you can spam that for a good bit of poke AND the E applies the effects of the potion.

I think I'm gonna do it. Bruiser Vi Mid lane (Or top ... but tops scary place, I only trust my Poppy/ Garen up there so far and even now I'll dodge if I feel like I'm against certain champs. Wanna try Moakia as a Tanky AP dmg dealer top given his buffs but it's gonna take forever to get IP for him after AS. :( ...)

ewww Mid Vi....

Vi was the reason I got into Jungle. Wanted to play her so bad but all the guides I read kept talking bout the jungle so thats where I went. watched a few vids and did fairly well. But something changed this season.

And yes Top can be quite scary. Hopefully you dont get enemy Mundo like I did. Havent played league since. I dont understand how you can make a champ so broken (I need to buy him tho and learn his kit)

Limiting each team to only 1 jungle item enforces a certain meta, which riot has stated that they're not trying to do.

Except by continually enforcing that meta through balance

Riot's set their bed and they don't wanna lay in it. The meta of having a jungler has been set for years. This only hurts the small niche of teams that might use 2 junglers. But that's all they are, a niche.

DRE Fei

Except by continually enforcing that meta through balance

Riot's set their bed and they don't wanna lay in it. The meta of having a jungler has been set for years. This only hurts the small niche of teams that might use 2 junglers. But that's all they are, a niche.

Well now that rito just bought a fighting game developer, everyone can just switch over to the new league fighting game when the moba gets stale.

zkylon

zkylewd
if u make flash mandatory you shouldn't just allow two more summoners

that'd be cray, unless they're massively nerfed

Or you know...get rid of smite and the jungle items altogether.
i don't think that's a good idea. smite drives interesting gameplay. smite fights are fun, smite buffs are interesting and smite is a decent solution to having to balance the jungle around laners taking camps

Not the point. The goal was to render the rest of her team useless and just burst her down since she has no defensive items. Ofc she's going to do more damage building full AP while I'm building defensive items like Abyssal & Rod.

and i was ahead after laning phase in kills and cs but w/e
abyssal and roa are the op midlane items atm, and lux has poke while annie does not so she's always gonna have more dmg but not that big of a difference, specially if you were stomping as you say

point is, mejais is not a cheese and it's not meant to "snowball you out". lux can go mejais cos she has low risk of dying and can stack it really easily with assists through poke/shield

the stupid thing that lux did was not buy any cdr, probably cost her whatever lead she had on you

Why not use flat damage values with mediocre ratios?
because that doesn't accomplish the same thing. if you think about it, adcs and midlaners have a bunch of scaling survivability as the game goes on that you might not have caught on.

just a few examples: mr/armor from athenes, abyssal or zhonyas. shield from bt. shield from maw. lifesteal in general. plus defensive spells from their allies

flat damage is an early game thing, which is most definitely not tanks' specialty.

the problem with tanks like malphite or nautilus is their damage's overturned, but neither of them actually have % health damage

What does "cleanse against tf" mean?
you use cleanse against tf's gold card so he can't kill you

was just one example of a champion you'd want to take cleanse to cos their dmg is super conditional on that one cc. ie tf, lizzy, ahri

against someone like syndra you'd take barrier cos if u get hit by her stun you probably can't really get out

zkylon

zkylewd
arcade_syndra_by_lighane-d9w1hpc.jpg

yes pls

Nobody listens in Bronze, and then they get mad trying to dive a fed 4-man group solo with a Blitzcrank and end up dead, and it's my fault for not following them into that mess.

And your support doesn't build Sightstone and just builds AP damage items all game.

I don't need this shit in my life -_-

Calvero

Banned
Won one lost one. Didn't really enjoy either of games. I don't think low mobility champions are really playable unless you're like duo with some peel support that's just gonna sit on your ass all day keeping you safe.

Most popular support is Thresh though, so that's not happening lol.

You have the wrong idea btw Leezard, neither Sivir nor Jhin are low mobility champions, Sivir especially isn't. When I talk about low mobility champions I'm talking about stuff like MF and Ashe. Sivir and Jhin both get a lot of free movement speed.

Ok i'm not sure I know what low mobility means anymore...Isn't MF decent with mobility b/c of her W that passively gives her movement speed, or is it because that movement speed is only out of battle? But it can be activated for the whole movement speed bonus.

Nobody listens in Bronze, and then they get mad trying to dive a fed 4-man group solo with a Blitzcrank and end up dead, and it's my fault for not following them into that mess.
yeah kinda is

team lives and dies by being together and it's better to be 5 and have a chance of maybe making a good play than being 4-1 and having 0 chance.

yeah kinda is

team lives and dies by being together and it's better to be 5 and have a chance of maybe making a good play than being 4-1 and having 0 chance.

Didn't matter, no one was bothering to listen, half the team was dead when that fight started and Mundo thought he could kill a Blitz, Illaoi, Rammus and full-build Ahri on his own. (He got blown up in about two seconds.)

I probably should have clarified that this was one lone player (Mundo) diving into that, Ghost. Not the entire team or I would have gone with them.

There was plenty of blame to go around but everyone decided it was just my fault and they weren't responsible for their individual mistakes and poor decisions. I think that's what pissed me off the most.

drawkcaB

i don't think that's a good idea. smite drives interesting gameplay. smite fights are fun, smite buffs are interesting and smite is a decent solution to having to balance the jungle around laners taking camps

Says the guy who doesn't jungle. Smite buffs aren't that interesting. I don't enjoy jungling any more or less in S5/S6 that I was prior. Smite fights are boring and frankly, unnecessary. I'd rather they be gone, now you've opened up dragon and rift herald as objectives that anyone can take. Now what it is that the duo bot and top laners are always complaining about? Oh, right, they have nothing to do. Want to make an omelett, gotta crack some eggs.

Open your minds squares.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
league of tanks is really unfun, there's nothing to do against a team full of zzrot spamming, 300 armor 200 mr wearing, 500 damage dealing udyrs and singeds and tarics and ezreals that all have 3k hp

like we destroyed them for the first 15 minutes but eventually they just become unkillable splitpushing monsters that zip around the map at 500 movement speed and turrets mean nothing because of bs like udyr's permashield

and zzrot is just a terrible item all around, wow you get to be super tanky, push a lane for free, and your opponent gets literally nothing for stopping it

Hard

Banned
league of tanks is really unfun, there's nothing to do against a team full of zzrot spamming, 300 armor 200 mr wearing, 500 damage dealing udyrs and singeds and tarics and ezreals that all have 3k hp

like we destroyed them for the first 15 minutes but eventually they just become unkillable splitpushing monsters that zip around the map at 500 movement speed and turrets mean nothing because of bs like udyr's permashield

and zzrot is just a terrible item all around, wow you get to be super tanky, push a lane for free, and your opponent gets literally nothing for stopping it

Literally the Renekton struggle

shit on people 2/3 of the game for no benefit

Says the guy who doesn't jungle. Smite buffs aren't that interesting. I don't enjoy jungling any more or less in S5/S6 that I was prior. Smite fights are boring and frankly, unnecessary. I'd rather they be gone, now you've opened up dragon and rift herald as objectives that anyone can take. Now what it is that the duo bot and top laners are always complaining about? Oh, right, they have nothing to do. Want to make an omelett, gotta crack some eggs.

Open your minds squares.
you see this guy right here
this is the guy you want to be the face of league of legends with the removal of smite.

zkylon

zkylewd

Open your minds squares.
so there's no jungler in this smiteless universe of urs?

or are they just super starved?

also i don't jungle cos i don't like jungle kits or characters, i think the role is pretty interesting if it wasn't for the pve element

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
finally had the first real bronze moment, can't believe it took this long

support nida got pissed when someone said "support nidalee?" and decided to feed instead

get demoted, feelsgoodman

killatopak

Gold Member
Just build %health damage items if you're having trouble dealing with armor and mr stacking champs. I myself build brk on renekton. it counters tanks, armor stacking and mobility.
Taric rework and Sion legendary skin on pbe tomorrow I'm ready

It's a mecha skin right? Oh well time to save money, buy the skin and never use the champ. All for the love of mecha.

kenbo

Complain about League of tanks and yet we have 3 adc teams often

OK guys

Pretty sure league of tanks is just a complaint now because people are more likelu to pick shitty team comps (that and the slight weakness of Ap damage)

killatopak

Gold Member

OK guys

Pretty sure league of tanks is just a complaint now because people are more likelu to pick shitty team comps (that and the slight weakness of Ap damage)

Pretty sure someone said it's because juggernaut items are overall usable by everyone which makes adcs take top and jungle viable.

Newt

Well Graves and Quinn are broken as shit, I don't think anyone can deny that. Also, they're not built as standard ADCs.

OK guys

that's because corki has an impossibly strong laning phase for most mages mid whle graves is the tankiest champion in league of legends, bar none. not even fucking rammus can out tank warlords deaths dance graves. its absurdity.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Warlord's/Death's Dance/Sterak's/Maw/Phantom Dancer Graves is some of the dumbest shit I've seen in this game

I still have no idea how that + Fiora still exist

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
why isn't it league of "hey, if your entire team is made up of a single champion type like tank or adc it should be punishable, not unstoppable"

I lost my last ranked game tonight but had the best Baron steal I've ever had so I might just upload that to YouTube.

It's about as silly as my quadra kill the other day on Ashe where everyone just ignored me. lawl Bronze

zkylon

zkylewd
man my friend is taking his third straight account to plat playing only singed

we were just getting rekt by a support karma last game and dude was pulling like 4 people and making it out alive and we won the game off that

makes me think singed is super op lol

Top Bottom