• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

pigeon

Banned
So their highest priorities are high-ELO queue time (which is fine, whatever) and prioritization of primary role (good!).

And apparently they didn't realize how much people picking mid to game the system would screw up matchmaking. Whoops! It sounds there's a vicious circle here where people start gaming the system more over time because other people gaming the system is making it harder for them to get their roles.

I agree with the thread whiners that, if primary/secondary prioritization is their biggest priority, then I would probably like to see more on that sooner.

zkylon

zkylewd
Naut, Trundle, Poppy, Graves all untouched. Crappy patch.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-66-notes

Though, at least they freed up some bans.
they will all get nerfed next patch i'm guessing. along with zed and maw

6.7 is our patch noota!

anyways,
bunch of good nerfs, ali, janna, shyvana, yi, quinn, fiora
why are you buffing karma i dont understand fuck that champion
kaly got olafed
why are you buffing khazix i dont understand fuck that champion
lulu nerfs are ok
lux for some reason gets a buff along with the nerf, makes no sense but at least seems like w will be more fun to cast
zztop nerfs thank you god

i skimmed through it, is there a tldr?

didnt even nerf lane lulu that much considering that most of her obnoxious power comes from the fact that you can't kill anyone she ults and shields.

Leezard

True solo queue is probably not coming. Nothing confirmed, but it looks that way from reading the text.
what i mean is, it's just an arbitrary thing for amumu to have, kind of like ahri's charm stopping dashes for no particular reason

like being unable to auto but still able to cast spells is super random, there's no thematic element to it, it just feels like they forgot about it

why not just make it a stun
Well, if you put it that way, sure, there is no thematic element for it.
Reddit gonna go so salty

Hard

Banned
Hmmm, mixed feelings about the Tiamat changes. The smoother build path is appreciated, but minus 10 AD is going to be annoying, especially when trying to duel. The cleave change is what changes the usage of item, since it's probably better as a split-push/waveclear tool now than for trying to get Renek's W -> Tiamat -> Q burst off. I can see myself buying Caulfield's Warhammer on my first back for the AD & CDR, especially for dueling champs like Riven/Fiora, or matchups where I need to control the wave to deny the enemy farm, like Susan. I normally don't buy Titanic anymore until late game, but it should still be a solid buy nonetheless.

I was pissed at first, but now I'm itching to experiment with the new Tiamat. Should make Croc's splitpush game much better, especially if I choose to rock Ignite.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
f u c k r e d d i t

image.php

zkylon

zkylewd
True solo queue is probably not coming. Nothing confirmed, but it looks that way from reading the text.
ah ok, makes no difference to me, i already half expected it when they announced they were gonna "try"

splitting solo q is a bad idea anyways, specially at high elo where finding games already takes forever

i wonder how doto does it for high elo since they have a lot less players

maybe ppl play cross region and they have better netcode, or better matchmaking in general, idk

Well, if you put it that way, sure, there is no thematic element for it.
not only thematic but also like kit justification. like why is this special effect only on amumu's ult

why isn't it just a stun or a snare?

it just feels super arbitrary

But what do you do with the gemstones if you already got Hextech Annie?

keep it until u can use it to buy the hextech exclusive champion tm or whatever

didnt even nerf lane lulu that much considering that most of her obnoxious power comes from the fact that you can't kill anyone she ults and shields.
yea it's not a big nerf, just an annoying one cos vrum vrum is so much fun and this sort of cuts it in half (big sort of)

Ocara

Anyone else find Riot's patch notes hard to understand? Too much flavor I think.

It's certainly unique, but I enjoy the context. Sometimes the stated goal of the nerf and subsequent nerf leave me somewhat confused though, such as the lulu nerfs hitting one of the weakest parts of her kit and the lux nerfs supposedly making her more burstable by lowering her self-shield amount by 70ish when she still has all the same tools to never be reachable in the first place.

I'm constantly amazed at how many people don't even read the patch notes though. So many games where people aren't aware of champion changes from months ago, let alone the current patch. I wonder if the wordiness puts people off.

zkylon

zkylewd
lux nerf is poorly explained but it's basically a laning phase nerf for her not to abuse early shields and win quick trades through only the first half of the shield

as in you move up, e auto for the thunderlods proc and shield as you retreat to tank the enemy thunderlords. shield is now a lot weaker so you can't do that as easily

how does that fiora change work? it seems like a net buff until like lvl 18,
?

she got her % hp dmg cut by a third and her slow gutted at all ranks

her passive ratio is increased but it's bonus ad so it's basically just compensating as long as she builds a ton of ad

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
lux nerf is poorly explained but it's basically a laning phase nerf for her not to abuse early shields and win quick trades through only the first half of the shield

as in you move up, e auto for the thunderlods proc and shield as you retreat to tank the enemy thunderlords. shield is now a lot weaker so you can't do that as easily

?

she got her % hp dmg cut by a third and her slow gutted at all ranks

her passive ratio is increased but it's bonus ad so it's basically just compensating as long as she builds a ton of ad

oh i didn't realize the percentages are of different measures

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, Ekko buffed. I can only imagine how popular he's going to be in silver now.

Yay for ZZ portal only taking 5 hits to kill (though I see it regenerates). It was a huge pain for tanks or supports to kill before. Double gold is nice too.

Lol at no Udyr / Xin changes, so they'll still be banned constantly in silver. I doubt the slight damage difference will affect Udyr and his movespeed.

*edit* In that Sol skin, he has such tiny legs.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh i didn't realize the percentages are of different measures

it was bonus ad before too tho

it's just that fiora used to buy a bunch of tanky items and this isn't much of a buff if she does that (for example if she buys dead man's plate her ratio increase might as well be zero)

Only nerf i want on lux is being able to dodge her ball, shits too fast.
i kind of don't understand why this is such a pain point

lux e is a low base dmg, average ratios with a high cooldown for a nuke

even if she hits u with it 100% of the times it's not that bad

like i agree all skillshots should be dodgeable but i feel ppl focusing on that are missing the point of why lux is op

i kind of don't understand why this is such a pain point

lux e is a low base dmg, average ratios with a high cooldown for a nuke

even if she hits u with it 100% of the times it's not that bad

like i agree all skillshots should be dodgeable but i feel ppl focusing on that are missing the point of why lux is op
Might as well make it a point in click then like it is a skill shot she can use from far back and just poke you out of lane because she can hit every single one. Even if it has a low base damage and high cooldown doesnt mean it should be undodge able.

Then what makes lux OP the ability to just 100 to 0 people after she hits 1 snare.

Opps double post.

garath

Naut, Trundle, Poppy, Graves all untouched. Crappy patch.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-66-notes

Though, at least they freed up some bans.

Interesting patch. Kalista got gutted. I've been working on her but no more. She is a pro pick that completely makes her unusable for solo queue now. She never felt that strong in the middle mud tier elo.

Khazix buff is so small it's going to almost be unnoticable. A single second off his W is going to do nothing at all. Half a second off Q will be a bit more impactful but only a bit. Its equivalent to a 15% cdr buff. It might nudge his 45% or so winrate up a point or two.

I agree with newt though. They hit yi and shyvana but missing nautilus and graves is almost criminal.

And that lux nerf doesn't stop her completely safe ranged 100-0 potential.

I don't want Ekko buffs.

He's going to need it after the runic echoes nerf. That's going to hit pretty hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
Might as well make it a point in click then like it is a skill shot she can use from far back and just poke you out of lane because she can hit every single one. Even if it has a low base damage and high cooldown doesnt mean it should be undodge able.

Then what makes lux OP the ability to just 100 to 0 people after she hits 1 snare.
what makes lux op is a bunch of little things combined

- thunderlords buffed her laning by an insane amount
- fqc makes her safer than ever cos that active is broken
- all the lane bullies like azir, viktor, cassiopeia, syndra and leblanc got nerfed to the ground. all the permapushers that gave her truoble have been irrelevant from the meta in like forever too like xerath and ziggs. ori just doesn't outscale her anymore.

being able to onesshot ppl when hitting ur cc is an innate ability of all mids, it's not special to lux and it's nothing new for her, she's just meta aligned and riot has been really poor at balancing midlane lately. the problem with lux right now is that she used to have weaknesses to compensate for that like weak laning and bad waveclear and just general riskiness and thunderlords, fqc and everyone being shit just solved it all for her

what makes lux op is a bunch of little things combined

- thunderlords buffed her laning by an insane amount
- fqc makes her safer than ever cos that active is broken
- all the lane bullies like azir, viktor, cassiopeia, syndra and leblanc got nerfed to the ground. all the permapushers that gave her truoble have been irrelevant from the meta in like forever too like xerath and ziggs. ori just doesn't outscale her anymore.

being able to onesshot ppl when hitting ur cc is an innate ability of all mids, it's not special to lux and it's nothing new for her, she's just meta aligned and riot has been really poor at balancing midlane lately. the problem with lux right now is that she used to have weaknesses to compensate for that like weak laning and bad waveclear and just general riskiness and thunderlords, fqc and everyone being shit just solved it all for her
So mid lane meta is shit and she got indirectly buffed
Dont you think they should nerf her and not every item and thing that makes her op. Atleast till the mage rework.

I hate the meta in mid right now so much.

zkylon

zkylewd
Says the guy who owns sweetheart annie.
gross

So mid lane meta is shit and she got indirectly buffed
Dont you think they should nerf her and not every item and thing that makes her op. Atleast till the mage rework.

I hate the meta in mid right now so much.
i mean, personally i wish they would just revert the mastery changes but if that's out of the possibility then yeah, small nerf to lux (current nerf is ok, tho probably not enough), nerf fqc passive again and start buffing people

for starters revert the random viktor nerf that plummeted him to bottom of midlane winrates

mage rework isn't too far down the line tho, and i imagine all those reworked champions are gonna be super op so we'll see how midlane looks then

i do agree that lux e could have a slightly slower travel speed (maybe make it so it has acceleration and is slower at auto range?) cos an undodgeable skillshot is just not clean design

Top Bottom