• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Quonny

Oh awesome i want to get into that game. I will probably get into it.

It's really fun. The PVE is so-so, but the PVP is really like a fighting game. Lots of parrying, riposting, teleporting, etc.

And the fact that most stats are normalized in PVP means that it's rarely "omg that guy is so much better geeerd than mee"

pigeon

Banned
Seriously, expecting anyone to know all roles is kind of ludicrous. It took me a really long while to not suck as a single role, and I can't fathom the amount of time it'd take me to get good at a second role, let alone all four. It's not like back when I had lots of spare time to practice playing Smash and Team Fortress 2 anymore...

It's an interesting question. On the one hand, I agree, it's crazy, and Riot agrees too since they designed the new champ select to ensure you only ever have to play two roles. Even pro players didn't actually play every role well -- they'd have like one Challenger role, one maybe Master role, two high Diamond roles, and then like a Gold role that they would just dodge. (One aspect of League I personally hate is that effective dodging is an important skill when it comes to maintaining a high ranking.)

On the other hand, like, the barrier to entry to Ranked is already ridiculous. If you just grind out SR games and don't monetize, you need to play something like 300 hours of League of Legends to get access to ranked. That's just getting to level 30! You probably won't actually have enough IP to purchase the 15 champs and the tier 3 runes you need at that point. Expecting you to play every role a little bit is almost not that unreasonable if you've put that much time in. People often have much higher expectations. (If you actually go to Reddit, one common piece of advice is to just play only normals and keep going to op.gg until you start seeing gold or platinum players in your normals, and THEN go to ranked. So literally their expectation is that you will already be better than 50% of everybody who plays ranked before you start doing it.)

I'm not sure the expectation people should have of League (or the expectation Riot has) is that Ranked is the natural play pattern that you should be heading towards as quickly as you can. There are a lot of players who never play against other humans, much less play in the most competitive mode the game has. It might be better if they framed Ranked as a pursuit for people who were extremely driven rather than as the "normal" way to play League.

But that would probably cut into their KPIs, so.

Newt

ADC is a lot like mid and support is a lot like jungle.

I guess in terms of like general role.

This is the reason I can't top.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wouldn't say adc is like mid outside of maybe teamfight positioning (and this changes a lot from adc to adc and mid to mid)

Calvero

Banned
My last match ended after they took down the Ranked playlist. Think I ended on a high note.
Screen_Shot_2016_01_20_at_10_12_13_AM.png

Excited to see if I end up a B®onze, once more, or not.

zkylon

zkylewd
if u care about ur rank stay away from snowbally skill-oriented assassins like yasuo

play simpler stuff, it doesn't have to be morgana but someone easier like lux or annie is much better to climb with

just play ahri

zkylon

zkylewd
So huh....there is not normal dinamic pick? I only see the dinamic thing on the ranked playlist
ur mixing things up here

dynamic queue - ranked only, instead of solo/duo+ranked 5s, now u can rank in any combination of 1-5 u want
new champ select - fancy schmancy new pick and ban phase, pick intent, dodging, etc. i'm not sure if this is enabled in blind pick normals too, but i'm guessing it's for sure up for draft pick

ur mixing things up here

dynamic queue - ranked only, instead of solo/duo+ranked 5s, now u can rank in any combination of 1-5 u want
new champ select - fancy schmancy new pick and ban phase, pick intent, dodging, etc. i'm not sure if this is enabled in blind pick normals too, but i'm guessing it's for sure up for draft pick

Blind pick have the normal champ selection so huh, ranked have the fancy stuff, bummer

Calvero

Banned
The worst.

Yasuo is far from ideal for climbing. If you don't want to climb though, Yas is a fun pick (usually at the expense of team-mates lol).

haha it was the end of season, so I was having fun with champs I don't usually play in ranked.

Hey man, you went 16/4, don't gotta take shit. Maybe get blue trinket though.

edit: On the other hand, winrate.

yeah, i'm not at all consistent. ;-;

PSqueak

Banned
-random Question, but does anybody know how i can access my chroma packs in the new champion select? Playing Zac is not the same is he's not pink :C

Nekofrog

Banned
american movies are a real and accurate portrayal of life in america

just like anime is a real and accurate portrayal of life in japan

Calvero

Banned
my first placement match. :( my mid lane kept leaving lane and if i tried to cover, she'd flame me. We lost two tower just because she didn't want anyone in lane. my bot lane would rather get hooked by Blitz then miss out on CS. my top lane was fine during laning phase. I could done a few things differently, like pressuring bot-lane so they wouldn't be so aggressive on Lucy and Bard.

garath

my first placement match. :( my mid lane kept leaving lane and if i tried to cover, she'd flame me. We lost two tower just because she didn't want anyone in lane. my bot lane would rather get hooked by Blitz then miss out on CS. my top lane was fine during laning phase. I could done a few things differently, like pressuring bot-lane so they wouldn't be so aggressive on Lucy and Bard.

That was a drubbing indeed. Shake it off and rock the next one.

Covering midlane when the laner roams as jungle is completely appropriate if it protects the tower and/or gets otherwise wasted CS and experience. If it's pushed into the opponent tower (which I doubt it was in this case) then don't try to cover, let the wave shift back to your side naturally. Ideally the midlaner wouldn't leave lane without shoving or expecting someone to cover it. Sounds like she didn't have a good handle on the game. Mute her and do what you need to do.

That said, sometimes best not to show midlane as that relieves the pressure everywhere else on the map. Seeing the opposing team's jungler somewhere else on the map is a green flag for aggression.

Balthuk

The new queue was implemented for EUNE today and god people can't read. I like it so far but atm I'm waiting for the fifth time because every time someone didn't lock his bans. I get that it's a bit weird, but it's on the damn pop-up.

garath

The new queue was implemented for EUNE today and god people can't read. I like it so far but atm I'm waiting for the fifth time because every time someone didn't lock his bans. I get that it's a bit weird, but it's on the damn pop-up.

We're a week into it on NA and still dealing with that crap. It's a lesson in frustration for sure.

Nekofrog

Banned
Start counting the dodges in LP and see how much LP was lost by accidental queue dodges by the end of the week.

I'll bet its a good amount.

Top Bottom