• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Am so sad. Was waiting all day to get home and try out Dynamic Queue and Riot decided to go disable it for EUW whilst not bringing back Team Builder.

Fuck going back to the stone age of calling your role in the chat lobby. :|

edit: May as well sub to this thread. You people are entertaining.

Leezard

Hell, I have baited groups into following me, trying to get that easy Janna kill only to be lead into a small area where my team can cave in on them. I've stalled teams by having them chase me for a good 40ish secs (with no pay off cause 2-fast-4-u plus I can go through minions and fart out a tornado) as my team is respawning. Might not seem like much but that's time they could have used to push an objective that was wasted trying to chase an easy kill target.

Tried that with Nami ... didn't go too well :/
Maybe when I'm better with her I can do it seeing how her spells give speed.
Same for LuLu.

You're not really gonna do that move with anyone except Janna.

faridmon

Am so sad. Was waiting all day to get home and try out Dynamic Queue and Riot decided to go disable it for EUW whilst not bringing back Team Builder.

I am really gonna miss team builder :(

Nekofrog

Banned
Rengar Rework

[Passive] Meow! - Rengar randomly "mews" while running around in the jungle. If in a bush, his movement speed is automatically slowed by 90% as he comes down to a pouncing position. He remains slowed by 90% until in range to pounce, or until he walks out of the brush.

[Q - Ankle scratch] - Rengar unsheathes his kitty cat claws and scratches an opponent's ankles for 10 damage. 10% chance to cause bleed effect that does 1 damage over time and mildly annoys target. If target is a Yordle, target is blinded for .2 seconds because the yordle just got clawed in the face.

[W - Hunter's Heat] - Rengar has a problem. He's in heat. When activated, Hunter's Heat immediately begins global broadcast of a shrill cat shriek for 30 minutes unendingly.
[NEW PASSIVE] - When Rengar is in game and has activated W, both the enemy team and allied team can collectively opt to spend 3,000 gold on earplugs for one player, silencing the global Hunter's Heat sound effect.

[E - Sneaky Cat] - Rengar reverts to a domesticated state, rolling on his back and meowing suggestively at an enemy champion. We at Riot still don't know what happens if the enemy champion finds it possible to not click on the cute playful kitty, because we can't stop ourselves from clicking on the cute playful kitty. Every time.

[R - I HATE EVERYTHING] Rengar goes into full rage cat mode, leaping onto an opponent and causing an immediate DISABLE on targetted champion until the player is able to type "DOGS ARE BETTER THAN CATS" in chat within 3 seconds of being disabled with no typos.

Talents

Banned

Yeah it sucks. I was gonna play loads today but haven't played a single game because the new queue isn't up and neither is old teambuilder for while we wait. Feels bad.

ahh feels good to be back in ranked

What did he want to go AP as?

I am really gonna miss team builder :(

Same. Was the best. Though dynamic queue actually means I'm going to start playing more ranked since I won't have to argue over getting my roles. Just wish I actually had one or the other right now because I hate normal blind / draft pick.

Yeah it sucks. I was gonna play loads today but haven't played a single game because the new queue isn't up and neither is old teambuilder for while we wait. Feels bad.

What did he want to go AP as?

You feel my pain. :[
Can't be dealing with the lobby arguments over roles.

For the folks who were concerned about EU LCS not being on weekends and getting Bo2 instead of Bo3, you should check the esports teams' AMA on Reddit right now. It'll give a lot of insight into the choices that I couldn't.

Quonny

BO2 is just better. Pros like it more, broadcasters like it more, the only people that don't like it more are fans that think that BO2 equals less games when in reality BO2 allows organizers to organize more matches. Consistency and all that jazz.

garath

League is trash right now. Everyone is dodging because they can't ban or the champ lock-in isn't working. I hit ready a couple times and it says I didn't do the afk check and sent back to the lobby.

It must be lag but the old champ select didn't have these kind of problems :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What is best of two??? I can't be fooled. This is not a real thing. You play one game and there's a winner...

League is trash right now. Everyone is dodging because they can't ban or the champ lock-in isn't working. I hit ready a couple times and it says I didn't do the afk check and sent back to the lobby.

It must be lag but the old champ select didn't have these kind of problems :(

unfortunately there are issues right now. It being the first day of the new season is putting a lot more stress on the new champ select stuff. The team are working on it constantly. I know it's a bad experience right now, but I have every confidence they can get it fixed asap. Once the teething problems are over (both on Riot's end and also players getting used to a more active champion select and having to lock in) the experience will be a lot better. Doesn't make things better right now though of course, and everyone feels shit when stuff doesn't work for players, but it's being worked on around the clock.

Trundle, Ali, Thresh

Okay cool, I have all of those. I used to jungle Trundle a lot back in like season 3.

I haven't seen that build in a while, but ppl do it.

It's a little fun build, not the standard but neither is Malz.

His build was:

Frost Queen's claim, Manamune, blasting wand, boots of mobility, black cleaver, pick axe.

AD Malz works I guess. Pretty off meta though.

Well he went 10/1/1 and had the highest net worth. Also if I learned anything in past years its that in Bronze the meta doesn't matter much.

nami's actually been rising in winrate lately, i'm guessing the grievous wounds stuff and the fqc buffs really helped her out

not sure if she's the support i'd recommend but i thought it was interesting

Interesting. I looked at the LolKing charts yesterday and for Bronze Leona has the highest win rate right now (or at least last night) for the past month. I played her and laned with a Draven and we did okay.

Aside from the three I listed in my last post (Lulu, Bard, Tahm Kench) the other "supports" I don't own are Zyra and Vel'Koz. I own every champion who costs less than 4800 IP for sure, and a few of the more expensive ones, but I don't own anything that's come out since March of last year.

Kenai

2/1 in my placements so far. Morg support bringing the salt (to both teams). Been awhile since someone whined at me about ksing in a teamfight.

Talents

Banned
What is best of two??? I can't be fooled. This is not a real thing. You play one game and there's a winner...

It shouldn't be a real thing. Riots logic is that because Europe is used to draws in their sports, that LoL should be BO2 as well. Why not just make it BO3 and give the EU teams the same practice as NA and Korea so they'll be used to it for Worlds?

It shouldn't be a real thing. Riots logic is that because Europe is used to draws in their sports, that LoL should be BO2 as well. Why not just make it BO3 and give the EU teams the same practice as NA and Korea so they'll be used to it for Worlds?

this is not the actual logic, it's a silly joke for which they've apologised. I suggest you read the AMA for actual insights into why the decision was made. It has a lot of benefits to both players and viewers. In fact at the pro player summit in EU the majority said they prefer Bo2. It also doesn't mean that it can't change in the future.

dimb

I'm more just talking about the phrase. It's not really a "best of" series when the teams can tie. It's a completely seperate point based format that opeartes in a totally different way than a Bo3, Bo5, or Bo7 series. You can't have a "best of" series on an even number.

League is hard to approach because Bo3s can feel too long for regular season play. At the same time a single game format opens itself up to the uneven factors like side or pick advantage deciding the entire match. A two game system based around points obviously has an appeal when it comes to usability, but it sheds much of the excitement involved with winning and losing, and it doesn't necessarily shed some of the downsides involved in the Bo3 format, where mismatched teams can have two stompy games in a row. It also creates this safety net that mitigates the risk of upsets...so it's hard to see many interesting stories emerging from the two game point system.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i mean "home and away" systems are so common in other leagues
ehehehe
that it doesn't seem out of place in an esports environment but i can see the appeal of bo3 even though that can take up so long as to be uninviting

dimb

i mean "home and away" systems are so common in other leagues
ehehehe
that it doesn't seem out of place in an esports environment but i can see the appeal of bo3 even though that can take up so long as to be uninviting
For other sports you don't have the game continually evolving with patches that alter the rules over the course of the season. So for football, you're going to play against the other teams in your division two separate times with a home and an away game, but the rules are not going to wildly change between these two encounters. So for League it becomes harder to schedule two matches spread apart over weeks where each team plays on each side, because there are so many other variables at play.

I would say that the approach of the EU LCS makes sense from a logistical standpoint, but unfortunately attempts to mitigate some of excitement, risk, and chance that is ultimately shared across all sports.

Hard

Banned
Getting BO2 wasn't an outrage until NA got BO3, and LPL dropped BO2 for BO3 as well. Wasn't the main criticism with the LPL that teams were trolling in the first game and trying hard the next?

3/2 on my first 5 matches , the new dinamic queue doesnt stop people from using Support without any support item then start eating my minions

Nekofrog

Banned
newt/rex/ghost

if dynamic queue isn't up by 8pm pst i wont be playing until my usual time later tonight where it's pretty much just rex and me

Calvero

Banned
I had a Fizz mid who ended the game with 35 CS in my second placement match. We got stomped so bad. What's up with mids insisting on ganking bot when they're behind?

edit: now i have a heim top who decided he doesn't need flash.

remist

I played two PVP games and lost both in long full level games. It seems I got unlucky the first time I tried PVP because everyone was around my skill level or lower. The second game we made a comeback, killed their whole team and took baron but we couldn't really convert anything because our base was swarming with minions. Then one person got picked and it was gg.

None of the games had junglers and it was 2 top 1 mid 2 bot. Is it worth trying to jungle before I get more runes and masteries? Also should I stick with blind pick till I get more champions/experience?

Edwardo

I played two PVP games and lost both in long full level games. It seems I got unlucky the first time I tried PVP because everyone was around my skill level or lower. The second game we made a comeback, killed their whole team and took baron but we couldn't really convert anything because our base was swarming with minions. Then one person got picked and it was gg.

None of the games had junglers and it was 2 top 1 mid 2 bot. Is it worth trying to jungle before I get more runes and masteries? Also should I stick with blind pick till I get more champions/experience?

Ya it usually harder to jungle without runes.

Calvero

Banned
fuck this shit. this can't be real
Screen_Shot_2016_01_20_at_7_12_55_PM.png

zkylon

zkylewd
When is Zed getting a rework? Like...reworked out of the game
zed's issues are very much tied into zhonyas and viceversa

both are cool additions to league but zed's super overtuned to compensate for zhonyas/qss making him useless and zhonyas is overpriced and kind of a terrible item because of how good a counter it is against zed (and some other champions to a lesser degree)

i'd rather see zed ulti than zhonyas go but would be nice if rito figured out a way to support them both

zkylon

zkylewd
so apparently the plan for champ mastery past lvl 5 is to make you have to spend champion shards to unlock those levels

so like if u already have lux and you're level 5 with her u use the shard and now u can grind her to lvl 6. you can also combine 3 shards to be able to raise the cap for whoever u want

so basically, mastery is still a load of crap

you can't even sort champions by mastery in champ select (which btw could've been better solved by being able to favorite champions)

super meh

Hard

Banned
Should have just expanded the chroma system and tied them to champ mastery.

Literally 15 minutes in MS paint.

Just ask Riot Jack Kanoff.

Calvero

Banned
so apparently the plan for champ mastery past lvl 5 is to make you have to spend champion shards to unlock those levels

so like if u already have lux and you're level 5 with her u use the shard and now u can grind her to lvl 6. you can also combine 3 shards to be able to raise the cap for whoever u want

so basically, mastery is still a load of crap

you can't even sort champions by mastery in champ select (which btw could've been better solved by being able to favorite champions)

super meh

what is this

Top Bottom