• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Newt

Eh, I used to troll back when people missed a ban, so I really don't mind the new the system.

They really need to make it more obvious though.

zkylon

zkylewd
yo im on my self discovery phase i dont got time for tails

besides, in my experience, tails come to me, i dont come to them

I played with an AD Malzahar last night. I haven't played the game in almost a year, is this a standard build now or was this guy just Bronze trolling?

What supports are best to play right now? I don't own most of the newer ones sadly (Braum, Lulu, Bard, Tahm Kench). I've got about 4800 IP saved up so I'll probably buy a newer support when I hit 6300 again.

I played with an AD Malzahar last night. I haven't played the game in almost a year, is this a standard build now or was this guy just Bronze trolling?

What supports are best to play right now? I don't own most of the newer ones sadly (Braum, Lulu, Bard, Tahm Kench). I've got about 4800 IP saved up so I'll probably buy a newer support when I hit 6300 again.

Trundle, Ali, Thresh

Edwardo

I haven't seen that build in a while, but ppl do it.

zkylon

zkylewd
nami's actually been rising in winrate lately, i'm guessing the grievous wounds stuff and the fqc buffs really helped her out

not sure if she's the support i'd recommend but i thought it was interesting

Nekofrog

Banned
i still think a tanky support is just a million times more viable than nami, and nami isn't BAD. it's just tanky is better. there are outliers like brand, but you have to be able to position well and hit skillshots

Leezard

Nami's the best. It helps that she's not braindead easy to play like a lot of the other supports, so she can have a decent winrate without being a must pick/ban.

Nekofrog

Banned
tbh, I don't think Janna's very good in the overall support sphere

if you want to play it out to go even, sure pick janna because you can't do much against it

if you want to play it out to put your stamp on the game and have an active impact instead of a reactive impact, you play braum/thresh/poppy/trundle.

maybe it's just my play style preference affecting my judgement

Leezard

if you want to play it out to go even, sure pick janna because you can't do much against it

if you want to play it out to put your stamp on the game and have an active impact instead of a reactive impact, you play braum/thresh/poppy/trundle.

Janna is really good, she's just boring to play and as you say you can't really set up kills.

Newt

You don't go even with Janna in lane. You just win.

Nekofrog

Banned
Janna is really good, she's just boring to play and as you say you can't really set up kills.

in a meta that has heavy value on early game plays, i just dont see her value. real support mains, help me see where i'm wrong?

You don't go even with Janna in lane. You just win.

but you don't. a roaming janna isn't a huge thing to fear like a roaming anything else

Leezard

in a meta that has heavy value on early game plays, i just dont see her value. real support mains, help me see where i'm wrong?

but you don't. a roaming janna isn't a huge thing to fear like a roaming anything else

The "good" Janna lane experience goes like this:

You setup good trades with the shield. The enemies are forced to make a play if they can't out trade you or out sustain you, since they'll lose cs otherwise.

You try to deny the enemies' plays with tornado and ult and turn it around for a won trade or just straight out kills.

If the enemy can out trade you (Brand, etc) or out sustain you (Sona, Nami, Soraka) you just can't do much.

edit: worth to mention is that most of the tanky supports are playing passive short of an all in (trundle, poppy, alistar, braum) this basic laning experience often works well against these supports.Thresh and Leona are slightly trickier and more of a skill matchup.

pigeon

Banned
Welp, The latam version of the roles names are fine but please rename the "Inferior" to Tirador and Multivalente to Cualquier Rol

They're deliberately trying to get away from calling the ADC role "marksman" or "ADC" because they want to leave room for Mordekaiser and others like him.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think janna's still probably the best for your winrate but it's the same scenario as mid morgana, they may be easy to win with but they're as boring as yasuo's lack of extra tails

They're deliberately trying to get away from calling the ADC role "marksman" or "ADC" because they want to leave room for Mordekaiser and others like him.

Then call it Linea Inferior instead of just Inferior, the same can be said about Superior which is Top Lane, rename it to Linea Superior, feels like a lazy design for LATAM language

zkylon

zkylewd
yea, riot wants classes and positions are separate, that's why their idea is more like 2 solo laners, 1 jungler, 2 duo laners and then the fighter/mage/assassin/marksman/support/tank thing

so mordekaiser is like a duo laner fighter mage with another duo laner support tank in leona

something like that

kenbo

Actually I'm pretty scared to start my placement matches, nevermind. :(

Don't be a pussy, just do it man

Especially since theres team select draft now.

----

Kenbo's adventures in Blade and Soul so far:

Day2: Still AFKing as to not deal with login queues. I'm an NPC at this point.

Leezard

Jhin_Splash_1.jpg

PBE, we're getting some splash arts.

Draven has no lower body.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Riot targeting my weakness for Sejuani and armor with horns at the same time.

What's this side talk about Janna I'm seeing here?

A roaming Janna is a harbinger of death and/ or fuckery.

At least that's how it turns out for me.

Leaving lane as Janna means you're gonna blow up key parts of the map with wards (I ward all over the place. Then I ping anytime I see someone sneaking around) and you have the speed to do it fast as well as get away from enemies you encounter.

A Janna roam to mid lane might not seem like much until you realize that she can disrupt the hell outta your trades. Shield that reduces your dps and buffs her mid laner, a move that can stop many attempts to do things by tossing you into the air, a move that can slow you down after you have been out traded, a passive that speeds up the champ you're running from and a ult that can make the trade mean nothing AND blow you away from a kill.

Hell, I have baited groups into following me, trying to get that easy Janna kill only to be lead into a small area where my team can cave in on them. I've stalled teams by having them chase me for a good 40ish secs (with no pay off cause 2-fast-4-u plus I can go through minions and fart out a tornado) as my team is respawning. Might not seem like much but that's time they could have used to push an objective that was wasted trying to chase an easy kill target.

Tried that with Nami ... didn't go too well :/
Maybe when I'm better with her I can do it seeing how her spells give speed.
Same for LuLu.

kenbo

Riot targeting my weakness for Sejuani and armor with horns at the same time.
They definitely did their market research.

People are going to be upset at how minor she is in the splash though
What's this side talk about Janna I'm seeing here?

A roaming Janna is a harbinger of death and/ or fuckery.

At least that's how it turns out for me.

Leaving lane as Janna means you're gonna blow up key parts of the map with wards (I ward all over the place. Then I ping anytime I see someone sneaking around) and you have the speed to do it fast as well as get away from enemies you encounter.

A Janna roam to mid lane might not seem like much until you realize that she can disrupt the hell outta your trades. Shield that reduces your dps and buffs her mid laner, a move that can stop many attempts to do things by tossing you into the air, a move that can slow you down after you have been out traded, a passive that speeds up the champ you're running from and a ult that can make the trade mean nothing AND blow you away from a kill.

Hell, I have baited groups into following me, trying to get that easy Janna kill only to be lead into a small area where my team can cave in on them. I've stalled teams by having them chase me for a good 40ish secs (with no pay off cause 2-fast-4-u plus I can go through minions and fart out a tornado) as my team is respawning. Might not seem like much but that's time they could have used to push an objective that was wasted trying to chase an easy kill target.

Tried that with Nami ... didn't go too well :/
Maybe when I'm better with her I can do it seeing how her spells give speed.
Were people saying Janna roams suck?
Yeh her roams are ok. Way better than Sona and Soraka that's for sure, but nothing like easy mode roams of Ali, thresh and Braum etc

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They definitely did their market research.

People are going to be upset at how minor she is in the splash though
I'd imagine she had to be set further back to show how different Bristle is too.

faridmon

Maybe, I haven't played against a good Janna, but playing against Janna is the easiest thing I have as a supp. At least in laning phases. She is kind of useless when she can't support properly as opposed to other supps who can just harass and sustain (or both!)

Top Bottom