• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

PSqueak

Banned
In fairness, yordles are pretty whimsical about their huge mechanized army. The consistent personality theme is "lol let's blow this guy up with our future technology."

The biggest lore issue for yordles is really Teemo. Every yordle is either:

* Technologically advanced (Trist, Corki, Ziggs, etc.)
* An outcast from Bandle City (Lulu, Poppy, Veigar)

And then there's Teemo, who apparently lives side by side with an assault mech and an air force and fights with...a blow gun. What is this guy doing?

(Amumu and Gnar are also problems but only in the sense that they screw up the "yordles are aliens from outer space" theory by being prehistoric.)

Maybe they are...ancient aliens!

But yeah, Amumu's status as a yordle need some updating/comfirmation.

Also, Lulu was kicked out of the yordle city because they didn't like her whimsical magic ... they really should take another crack at this whole lore thing.

To be fair, i'd be freaked out if a little girl came out of nowhere and turned a bunch of kids into flowers and would want her out of my city. That's some Minus shit right there!

In fairness, yordles are pretty whimsical about their huge mechanized army. The consistent personality theme is "lol let's blow this guy up with our future technology."

The biggest lore issue for yordles is really Teemo. Every yordle is either:

* Technologically advanced (Trist, Corki, Ziggs, etc.)
* An outcast from Bandle City (Lulu, Poppy, Veigar)

And then there's Teemo, who apparently lives side by side with an assault mech and an air force and fights with...a blow gun. What is this guy doing?

(Amumu and Gnar are also problems but only in the sense that they screw up the "yordles are aliens from outer space" theory by being prehistoric.)

Teemo's special in that apparently Yordles suck at covert ops as they are too .. w/e and like to blow things up. Teemo isn't like that and has some kinda switch he flips to become some awesome Snake-level covert ops killing machine on solo missions. So his thing is covert ops/ sneaky annoying bs.

There's also Kennen who was apparently born with special powers but now lives with Ninjas and does ninja shit..
To be fair, i'd be freaked out if a little girl came out of nowhere and turned a bunch of kids into flowers and would want her out of my city. That's some Minus shit right there!
It was only for a lil bit! D:

pigeon

Banned
Teemo's special in that apparently Yordles suck at covert ops as they are too .. w/e and like to blow things up. Teemo isn't like that and has some kinda switch he flips to become some awesome Snake-level covert ops killing machine on solo missions. So his thing is covert ops/ sneaky annoying bs

I get that, but, like, then he should have a combat knife and smoke grenades and paratroop into battle and shit if he's a commando. The yordles have all that stuff! But apparently they just send this guy into war with a hollow reed and some mushrooms. Wouldn't he be, like, mad? He's dating Tristana and she literally has a bazooka.

Bungie's

Didn't know Graves had such a high win rate. Was planning on playing him top/jungle this weekend but probably won't happened (will prob just get banned from now on). Played him all 10 games in my placements and went 7-3. Yes he needs to get nerfed, does insane damage and he's quite tanky for an adc xD

Even though dynamic que is disabled, can premades of 5s can still be put against non 5s in ranked?

Also, when going against a Quinn top, what do you do? I always end up going against her when i have locked in Darius T_T.

Scarra said on stream, Quinn wins all 1v1s top, so SOL?

I get that, but, like, then he should have a combat knife and smoke grenades and paratroop into battle and shit if he's a commando. The yordles have all that stuff! But apparently they just send this guy into war with a hollow reed and some mushrooms. Wouldn't he be, like, mad? He's dating Tristana and she literally has a bazooka.

Well, he is a guerilla tactician, a sadistic one. Tris is like an average demolition unit while teemo is rambo

Nekofrog

Banned
Even though dynamic que is disabled, can premades of 5s can still be put against non 5s in ranked?

Also, when going against a Quinn top, what do you do? I always end up going against her when i have locked in Darius T_T.

Scarra said on stream, Quinn wins all 1v1s top, so SOL?

My quinn top winrate was 100%over a smaller number of games. The few losses I have on her are on adc. She's so oppressive in the top lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
MMm dat Cait elf snake thing
yum

Last night i was talking with a buddy about the Poppy changes, mostly about how her new lore kinda sucks and i went to the site to check champions lores just to dee how dumb it all has become.

The first thing i noticed is, right now, in the site it shows Garen, Sona, Vi and Zed all dead as per the Jhin trailer, i thought it was a nice touch and i guess they're going to be disabled like Gangplank was when he "died".

Then, while checking Poppy, they quitely removed Tahm as her rival (while keeping Galio as her friend even tho he's out the new lore) and comically enough, Tahm's rival list is EVERY PLAYABLE YORDLE plus Fizz.

Fish man doesn't care about little people.
idk, the new poopy story is much better than the old one. neither is too good but u know, better

also the jhin thing is that sona, zed, etc. aren't his victims but his targets and like sona orgasm etc. are the pictures in jhin's head of how he envisions their deaths or something like that

but it's not like he killed sona and she'll revive, that's not happening

it's basically a whole lot of nothing aka not great marketing lol

Somnia

I posted over in the LoL Season thread, but thought I'd come over here and ask too.

So I'm looking to start LoL up, I played it way back when it first launched (actually got a LoL CD from E3 and had no idea what it was or what a moba was) but never really played it. I got hooked on Dota 2 for a couple years, but haven't played it much lately either due to PC issues. I have my new PC Parts coming in this weekend (latest Monday) and have been watching a ton of LoL and want to give it a shot.

I'm looking for Support or that style of champions to play. Typically in Dota 2 I played Venegful Spirit, Crystal Maiden, Shadow Shaman, Jakiro, Rubick, Keeper, Bane, Lich, Witch Doctor and Shadow Demon to give an example of the type I play.

Any suggestions on heroes to look at will help, not locked into the free rotation, I'll buy a few to start.

Leezard

I posted over in the LoL Season thread, but thought I'd come over here and ask too.

So I'm looking to start LoL up, I played it way back when it first launched (actually got a LoL CD from E3 and had no idea what it was or what a moba was) but never really played it. I got hooked on Dota 2 for a couple years, but haven't played it much lately either due to PC issues. I have my new PC Parts coming in this weekend (latest Monday) and have been watching a ton of LoL and want to give it a shot.

I'm looking for Support or that style of champions to play. Typically in Dota 2 I played Venegful Spirit, Crystal Maiden, Shadow Shaman, Jakiro, Rubick, Keeper, Bane, Lich, Witch Doctor and Shadow Demon to give an example of the type I play.

Any suggestions on heroes to look at will help, not locked into the free rotation, I'll buy a few to start.
Note that support in Dota 2 does not mean the same thing as support in League. Several of the Dota 2 supports you mentioned have similarities with mages in League. You can try Brand, Annie, Veigar, Anivia, Lux to mention some of them.

garath

Thresh is one I've been eyeing watching some streams and then seeing that crazy crap Remi has done with Thresh.

Thresh has a high skill cap and is an awesome support. Can't go wrong with him for a buy.

Definitely hit the free rotation each week though. Who knows, maybe you're a bard player at heart.

Soraka and Leona are the supports on sale this week. Soraka might bore you to tears though and you'll die a lot as a new Leona player. Her whole kit is designed to all in.

Somnia

Note that support in Dota 2 does not mean the same thing as support in League. Several of the Dota 2 supports you mentioned have similarities with mages in League. You can try Brand, Annie, Veigar, Anivia, Lux to mention some of them.

Much appreciated, I figured there is probably a difference between the two for sure.

Thresh has a high skill cap and is an awesome support. Can't go wrong with him for a buy.

Definitely hit the free rotation each week though. Who knows, maybe you're a bard player at heart.

Soraka and Leona are the supports on sale this week. Soraka might bore you to tears though and you'll die a lot as a new Leona player. Her whole kit is designed to all in.

I've seen bard mentioned a couple times to me, will make sure to look there.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thresh is one I've been eyeing watching some streams and then seeing that crazy crap Remi has done with Thresh.

as a doter u also might like someone like poppy as a support, she's only 450ip so it's kind of painless to try her

but yea thresh is basically the best league has to offer

maybe you'll like lulu too, she's kind of doto-ish :p

PSqueak

Banned

I dunno much about DOTA characters, but you might want to try Lulu, great support that switches from defensive to agressive pretty easily since all her moves have both offensive and defensive functions.

faridmon

Yeah, I know.

Its just I have been used to have exhaust instead for so long that it just destroys my flow of the game.

I am sure I'll get use to changes

Tryndamere is the only champion I don't take flash on. Ignite + Ghost + Spinning Slash + invincibility makes for an enjoyable League of Legends experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
there are a few champions (like shaco) that don't use flash but it's very rare

unless you're one of those few don't be silly, use flash

zkylon

zkylewd
mind you

most of the champions that don't use flash are kinda bad

i think olaf's ok but he's the only one example i can think of right now that isn't questionable to pick

I used to main Jungle so smite.
and ignite when I play supp

You know, I vaguely remember a few years back exhaust being flavour of the week on junglers. Didn't last long though.

Other than that, you only really want to be taking one offensive summoner spell and one defensive. If you aren't taking flash you want to be at least taking ghost.

Nekofrog

Banned
stormraider's is so good on shyvana right now that it almost makes me want to play shyvana until i realize that any competent draft will pick against it pretty well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
stormraider's is so good on shyvana right now that it almost makes me want to play shyvana until i realize that any competent draft will pick against it pretty well.
It's not that Shyvana gets counterpicked, it's that her team usually fails to build a comp that accommodates her.

Why don't people buy Pink Wards when there's a stealth JG out there?
Playing mid Ahri and pretty early the Clown tries to spook me. I throw down some Pink Wards and I'm set for a bit. See him ganking away on other lanes sometime later, tell em to buy pink wards.

I flip on tab and notice everyone has open slots but no pinks. I keep being the only one to use them until I don't have the space for them.
The Shaco was pretty crap and died a ton but they still won. Looking at the chart I placed the most wards in this game (I mean, I wish the Soraka had at least been pink warding. She seemed like a Sup Main from the start but had all that empty space and no pinks on the map)

When's a good time to start using the Farsight Alteration?
I started picking them up when I'm level 10-11 simply to stout out ahead before a team fight.

zkylon

zkylewd
real question is why wouldn't you buy pinks ever

they're cheap af and so hard to kill, buy it on everyone and u can really easily set up a defensive line or just sneak a couple pinks in tricky spots inside the enemy jungle and no more worrying about jungle ganks

for blue trinket just when laning's over i guess, that's when i generally buy it since warding for ganks ceases to be a thing and map control kind of replaces it. tho u can also do that with yellow trinket and red trinket too (tho red trinket kinda sucks now :/)

Nekofrog

Banned
pink wards can be amazing bait, too. keep one in your inventory, place it in a spot that baits the enemy laner to try and clear it, then collapse with jungler.

Bacon

pink wards can be amazing bait, too. keep one in your inventory, place it in a spot that baits the enemy laner to try and clear it, then collapse with jungler.

I'm definitely guilty of this. I tend to overstay my welcome to try and clear those damn wards. Leaving them with one hit left is just not an option.

You know what i hate is when the person im laning against buys like fucking 4 pots, so annoying when you have to slowly chip them down because of the amount of pots they buy. But usually in the long run it is better for me because they waste alot of money on pots and not items.

Quonny

Alistar top is annoying af.

Headbutt + Pulverize combo at level 3 for 20% of your health with no counterplay is tilt inducing.

real question is why wouldn't you buy pinks ever

they're cheap af and so hard to kill, buy it on everyone and u can really easily set up a defensive line or just sneak a couple pinks in tricky spots inside the enemy jungle and no more worrying about jungle ganks

for blue trinket just when laning's over i guess, that's when i generally buy it since warding for ganks ceases to be a thing and map control kind of replaces it. tho u can also do that with yellow trinket and red trinket too (tho red trinket kinda sucks now :/)

Gold can be a struggle when things aren't going your way.

Just had one of those matches. Was invited to a full party random ... the guy who invited me wanted to be Sup. He was "Singed" though and I have no clue wtf that champ does. He didn't look like he was doing much when I was farming and when he did do stuff it was out of my field of vision. For the most part he seemed to just run behind me and let Soraka go around doing w/e she wants.

Was against a Draven. Died so often I couldn't get anything rolling. Without boots or harass it's easy for Soraka to land her Q on my Trist so the zoning was real. Flipped on tab and he doesn't even have the rechargeable blue wards ... I was tired of being ganked by Fiddlesticks and couldn't get the CS needed for the BF so I got it.

Lucky for me they kept having team fights in the mid-lane so I could place wards->get CS-> push tower-> base-> get better items and repeat.

Went from being the weakest person there to soloing their base and ending the game.
The Lil Trist that could ..

But yeah, gonna buy pinks when I can even if I'm the only one. That was just a harsh battle where I couldn't get the gold to progress the way I needed to.

Alistar top is annoying af.

Headbutt + Pulverize combo at level 3 for 20% of your health with no counterplay is tilt inducing.

If you're Poppy you can stop him in his tracks with W.

Alistars are pretty funny to play against. It's like ... they have no regard for their lives and just blindly suck up the DPS until it's too late and then they try to crawl away. Soooo many of them do suicide dives at early levels and still fail to get a kill.

Anyway, got enuff IP to buy Vi now and Tmr is the Dragon Lady deal (I just fucking knew they would save the half off Jinx deal for last >_> ) so I guess I'll be practicing JG soon.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You know, Riot's Client sure needs changing.

SQFfqQh.png

pigeon

Banned
Alistars are pretty funny to play against. It's like ... they have no regard for their lives and just blindly suck up the DPS until it's too late and then they try to crawl away. Soooo many of them do suicide dives at early levels and still fail to get a kill.

Alistar's ult is such a huge tankiness boost that it can be hard to keep an accurate gauge on how tanky he actually is in general. It's a little bit like Mundo's ult in that respect.

Top Bottom