• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Tizoc

Holy fuck
I just played with the most brain dead Graves Jungler ever and we had a bloody Supp Poppy
They were against a thresh+blitz team
This fucking Bronze ELO
He kept ranting when i don't ult him when my ult was on cooldown
he would even FARM jungle when we're trying to push
You want to make fun of my farm? Maybe help us WIN you daft idiot, then you can mock all you want.

I don't care if I get reported when someone else on my team is playing this horribly.

And seriously just surrender already, you're just wasting another 10 minutes of 0 progress. If you don't want any more time with a flamer, just bloody quit and win ur next game.

It's not a rush item sure but there's nothing wrong with AD assassins buying Cleaver

Not in my elo mang
Not in my elo
I've lost more matches whith burst ADs that go Clever than I won them.

It's all about the elo mang.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
bard is ridiculously fun to play

just swoop around picking up chimes and shit

ulting random things

taking that magical journey

ruining their dives by stunning two of them

and that early level damage is disgusting

Talents

Banned
bard is ridiculously fun to play

just swoop around picking up chimes and shit

ulting random things

taking that magical journey

ruining their dives by stunning two of them

and that early level damage is disgusting

Yeah, I hate support but Bard is so fun to play.

Leezard

mqa6KXr.png

What a name.

I just had an interesting game and I want to know what you guys think about it and maybe give me some advice.

I just had a game where in the first 10 mins, my bot lane died twice, my top lane once, my mid lane once and we had two kills. I had a solid mid laner I could rely on not screwing up. Even after a gank that ended in his death he was able to stay ahead in cs and get a kill.

The problem lane was definitely bot, but I thought I could bring them back. Taric & Jinh. Cc for days. Turns out I was wrong. Bot was a problem, but not as bad as top, but not in the usual way. I headed top after my second rotation and got pinnged away by them. I asked him what was up and he said he was lagging. As he was playing against a Darius, I decided to not take the chance in getting killed soloing him pre-6 and making top a bigger problem.

Fastforward 20 mins. My top laner has 100 cs. Darius has 200+. He's not diving, he's just farming. He's two levels ahead of everyone else. I've got my bot lane fed and my mid is doing just as well. I'm almost full build and with 4 drakes under my belt. Suddenly my bot lane get's caught out, my mid goes in too deep and I can barley escape. They baron and force mid, ending the game.

That whole game Kayle did not attend teamfights, he sent one message that he was lagging and didn't even ping. Three times I came top to try and kill Darius, to stop him getting this lead, three times Kayle just sits at the turret, doesn't ult, doesn't do anything.

What do you guys do in this situation? I wanted top stop Darius, I just could do anything without support from my laner and she just sat at her turret.
In just the last couple days I've had a few games that started completely god awful where my team pulled back into victory. Reading your description, I would say top lane wasn't a huge concern. Definitely not great, but Darius himself isn't a huge threat in team fights compared to other potential top laners.

In a rough situation where you are essentially 4 v 5 you needed someone on the team to rally everyone. Group up, keep warded as much as you can, and play smart. Remind them not to go past vision, and (not to sound cheesy) but also remind the team not to lose hope. There's still a chance. Because if your teammates think you have no shot in hell, they'll play a lot more loose. They'll make silly mistakes like overextending, which honestly sounds like what did your team in.

If you are the voice of calm reason, and you have your team listening to you, your odds still aren't great. But they're much better. And at that point you have to rely on the other team to screw up. And that isn't that crazy of a gamble.

All the recent games I've come back from (including a 4v5 because of a disconnect) we won doing the above. And they both came down to 2 team fights from the enemy team stampeding down our mid. We held off minions as best we could, and didn't force a fight. And it didn't take long for them to get cocky. Dive a bit too deep. Then get shredded. Then we marched up mid, tore into their base, and then went right back to our base to defend. And they came knocking once more and made the same silly mistakes, probably out of frustration. Then we pushed once more, and it was GG.

Overwatch looks pretty good, but I've thrown too much money away this year on pre-ordering games that I ended up hating (I'm looking at you The Division). Think I'll wait for Overwatch to come out so I can hear non-beta impressions.

Leezard

I got my first non-meh chest now, it was Dragon Trainer Lulu.

I think I'll wait to craft it since Lulu supp is not particularly good right now.

garath

Painful. 5 game win streak, 1-0 in Gold IV promos then lose 2 in a row. Tilting type games too. Throw early leads away. Lost the last one to a TP ashe bot lane. :/

Just finished my first game as Vel ... Fuuuuck, if I had known he was this cool I woulda saved his Yellow Skin that I got from a Hextech box. I 1v3ed them once undertower ... that ult was hype.

Sucked that my whole team got all stupid at the end and risked throwing the game because they wanted to show off and drag the damn game out. Still won though.

Just finished my first game as Vel ... Fuuuuck, if I had known he was this cool I woulda saved his Yellow Skin that I got from a Hextech box. I 1v3ed them once undertower ... that ult was hype.

Sucked that my whole team got all stupid at the end and risked throwing the game because they wanted to show off and drag the damn game out. Still won though.
He is my absolute favorite. I've tried to branch out, but he will always remain my main. As long as you aren't way behind, his mid game is devastating. His ability to kite is great. And there is absolutely nothing as satisfying as a teammate running into your tentacled arms with the enemy team following behind in jungle, lobbing your full combo down behind teammate, and melting a chasing team for an easy double-triple-whatever.

zkylon

zkylewd
the whole tracer butt thing is ridiculous, butts are cool, i like butts, but the pose was weird for the character and it's a pity bad people take advantage of this kind of stuff to push their really shitty right wing paranoia agendas

anywho, listened to the league community podcast for the first time cos it was meddler and gizmo talking about the state of the game

there's some good stuff in it, my recap would be:
- they plan to increase death timers in the 30-40 min mark
- they plan to increase rewards for dragon and herald to promote fighting around them vs taking turrets as main objective in the mid game (they want more fighting in general, less chipping away at turrets and disengaging)
- they plan to make changes to blue and red as well, which i thought was surprising
- they're gonna maybe start making not only big preseason patches but big midseason patches
- they wanna make adcs more squishy (who would've thunk)
- they're thinking of doing more morde like stuff in a "systems like" way that's not as forced as him - not sure tho
- they'd like to do a fourth keystone on each tree at one point
- grasp gonna get nerfed, fervor probably too

bakeray

look I don't care if you pick an off meta support but at least buy a damn sightstone and don't be splitpushing with 0 farm or kill potential the entire game

won the next one now I'm at 99 lp dream :(

I just won a game where my teammate Rengar went 30/1/3. That's pretty good. He had nearly 10k networth more than the next closest player.

That's what is frustrating. They pick support, but they don't really want to play support. Surest sign is the refusal to buy a SS.

Yeah I hate this. I feel like any time its Annie or Lux as support you know they are just gonna build damage and not do anything else.

He is my absolute favorite. I've tried to branch out, but he will always remain my main. As long as you aren't way behind, his mid game is devastating. His ability to kite is great. And there is absolutely nothing as satisfying as a teammate running into your tentacled arms with the enemy team following behind in jungle, lobbing your full combo down behind teammate, and melting a chasing team for an easy double-triple-whatever.
I've seen that play before when facing him, always called BS on it lol!

Still not sure how to build him so I went for CDR and Torment/ Voidstaff.

it's not the mid players playing as support is bad. It's the first time use of the champ that's bad.
Both are bad.

That's part of why I stopped wanting to play ADC. "Oh look, here's a Lux as my Sup. Oh, can't really seem to do shit cause Skills shots are hard AND you don't build SS so it's like a dark street down here? OK ..."

I feel like Sup is seen as the fall back role for people too afraid to do solo lanes or for people who play champs that aren't great in solo lanes. Apparently that's how Zyra got to be seen as Sup even through nothing in her kit is supporty imo.

It just kinda annoys me, like when someone picks an ADC to counter pick melee tank for the off chance that they can get fed and be a 2nd ranged ADC in late game at the cost of w/e coulda been top.

jerd

I just won a game where my teammate Rengar went 30/1/3. That's pretty good. He had nearly 10k networth more than the next closest player.

Yeah I hate this. I feel like any time its Annie or Lux as support you know they are just gonna build damage and not do anything else.

I don't really mind Annie building damage since her one role is suicide flash ult nuke engages but yeah most mage supports aren't going to be supporting anyone

I really thought the Draven head thing was gonna be a fake out but now that the weekend is over it sure doesn't seem like it

Top Bottom