• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

Its worded to sound like with his W whoever youre linked to gets his ultimate too

His E looks near impossible to hit though. I guess since there will be two of them coming at you maybe not so much

Neol

Wait... ALL of Taric’s abilities are simultaneously cast from both Taric and his linked ally.

Holy shit that means you can have two different stuns and two different ults. What the fuck.

jerd

I assume all of his abilities are gonna be really weak numbers wise. Will keep him out of solo lanes and justify that crazy ultimate and two of everything

Wait... ALL of Taric’s abilities are simultaneously cast from both Taric and his linked ally.

Holy shit that means you can have two different stuns and two different ults. What the fuck.

Not to mention that his passive provides cooldown on hit for all of his skills.

He's a straight up Heroes of the Storm character. Overloaded kit.

I assume all of his abilities are gonna be really weak numbers wise. Will keep him out of solo lanes and justify that crazy ultimate and two of everything

It's not like people play supports for anything other than supporting. Braum for example has weak numbers(Strong when put with someone else for his stun), didn't stop him from being the meta for a while.

Blizzard

Banned
From Facebook:

giphymakbg.gif

Fabuloso

Guess I finally have a third support champion to use.
At the top of the ladder the wide skill variance of players makes the existing premade limiter rules less effective at ensuring players are constructing premades the matchmaker can handle fairly. Up until this point we allowed Diamond V players to play with Challengers but we’re tightening the duo queue requirements to ensure fair premades are being composed. This also closes a loophole where players could queue with a Diamond V smurf for easier games at the top of the ladder.

Here’s how premade limiter will work now:
TOP-OF-LADDER PREMADE LIMITER Challenger, Master, and Diamond players can now only queue up for ranked matches with players within +/- 2 divisions of them. Master and Challenger are each counted as single divisions above Diamond. Examples of the new bands in practice:
CHALLENGER Challenger / Master / Diamond I
DIAMOND I Challenger / Master / Diamond I, II, III
DIAMOND V Diamond III, IV, V / Plat I, II
PLATINUM High-Platinum players can queue with low-Diamond players based on the Diamond players’ restrictions above. All Platinum players can still queue with Platinum (and Gold) players of any division.
GOLD, SILVER, BRONZE Unaffected
Does this change anything for high ELO players complaining about dynamic stuff?

Honestly if you were to transport Taric straight towards Heroes of the Storm, he'd fit right in, in terms of skillset

Which isn't a bad thing, but in comparison he's going to be probably the strongest support in League. The invulnerability, cooldown, and linked skills is no joke.

jerd

Fabuloso

Seems like a really good change but I think more people are upset about the notion that they are at a disadvantage as solo players

Idk I only have anecdotal evidence but I only play solo save a dozen or so games and I climbed back to the exact spot i ended last season in 50 games and am now stuck in that exact spot just like I was last year. It has been damn near identical for me. Idk maybe others are experiencing something that I'm not but in near 200 games I haven't seen it. And with a community that's prone to blaming any factor besides themselves for not being able to climb I don't find it too hard to believe that people are just making more excuses

Honestly if you were to transport Taric straight towards Heroes of the Storm, he'd fit right in, in terms of skillset

Which isn't a bad thing, but in comparison he's going to be probably the strongest support in League. The invulnerability, cooldown, and linked skills is no joke.

Yeah we may be witnessing Thresh 2.0

Quonny

Fabuloso

Yes, this will help. It basically means more and more people are going to play solo at higher tiers because there is less of a chance that it will be premade vs non-premade, 2/1/1/1 vs 4/1, etc.

It's essentially turning the top tier into more of a solo queue environment.

Looks like it.

I have to wonder if the ult follows taric if he moves or it stays in the position where he casted it. Either way there's no downside of just throwing it out in a teamfight,
Considering the delay I imagine it falls down where he casts it.

Leezard

this is what I meant with him being in a similar spirit to Kalista. You bond with your laner and add a lot of power to the kit.

It does look interesting, and will bring a lot of power. I like what it means for duo lane synergy as well; if both players can position properly it will mean a lot. Team fights look simpler since you can just switch bonds.

Yeah we may be witnessing Thresh 2.0

The invulnerable AoE already sets him far above Thresh. Closer to Thresh 5.0.

With a CDR build, and his passive which will probably lower cooldowns at a set rate per stack/attack, then he's going to be one of the more dangerous supports if not controlled. Granted he would have to build CDR, but I mean that's what runes are for.

It's insane. I like it, because I'm used to characters with strong skillsets like that. But I can already see that there will be complaining and that he'll be autobanned in every game, not only that but he devalues 'weaker' supports who don't have as overloaded kits.

It's like....I can see Riot making an Illidan like character after this. The floodgates are open and old champions are drowning.

NEVERMIND
It moves with Taric (and the owner of his W buff, if one exists) during the delay time. Once the impact occurs, everyone around them becomes invulnerable for a short duration, even if they move away at that point in time.
HOLY SHIT

jerd

The invulnerable AoE already sets him far above Thresh. Closer to Thresh 5.0.

With a CDR build, and his passive which will probably lower cooldowns at a set rate per stack/attack, then he's going to be one of the more dangerous supports if not controlled. Granted he would have to build CDR, but I mean that's what runes are for.

It's insane. I like it, because I'm used to characters with strong skillsets like that. But I can already see that there will be complaining and that he'll be autobanned in every game, not only that but he devalues 'weaker' supports who don't have as overloaded kits.

I just mean in terms of him kinda doing everything and them slowly having to strip his kit piece by piece but yeah i agree based on what we know

This ultimate sounds like a bad idea. Looks like the delay is like 3 seconds?

NEVERMIND

HOLY SHIT

Yup.

That's even stronger than Tyraels invulnerable in Heroes of the Storm.(If you don't know, he has a choice of 2 ults, one of them is a kinda big AoE Invulnerability field but it doesn't move like Tarics, and it pops on two characters).

I just mean in terms of him kinda doing everything and them slowly having to strip his kit piece by piece but yeah i agree based on what we know

I have no doubt that they'll nerf him.

Type2

Going to be a interesting kit to balance. I'm not really impressed with the originality of the rework but anything with more interaction than his last kit is an upgrade.

zkylon

zkylewd
taric looks great but his utility sounds insane, specially if he can like double ult?

and he has like an aoe passthrough stun?

all sounds pretty cray

We also have patch notes

Including the change we've all been begging for
FINALLY

now ahri's tails

What do you guys think about ADs buying cull on the first back? I see qt doing it almost every game but I wonder if it only benefits higher elo games where the laning phase tends to be a bit longer
i don't think it's very good but it's almost always ideal to spend all your money when you back so maybe you got enough for like boots and cull and it's not so bad

pros build it a lot cos they laneswap in competitive and adcs free farm for like 10 minutes before participating in the game

jerd

I generally trust riot to know what theyre doing but also they've released some pretty obviously stupid stuff before

Neol

I generally trust riot to know what theyre doing but also they've released some pretty obviously stupid stuff before

Feel like its come to the point where they're fine with releasing a stronger then intended champion then seeing and nerfing in accordance with how the pros and community feels.

Feel like its come to the point where they're fine with releasing a stronger then intended champion then seeing and nerfing in accordance with how the pros and community feels.

That or it's the new direction they're taking, IE HotS style where kits are overloaded. Which I would actually be happy with, the only thing is they'd have to keep the upkeep of old champions in order not to make them obsolete quickly.

zkylon

zkylewd
he fits a weird spot in supports i guess since he doesn't seem to have great engage or pick off. his disengage doesn't seem like too great either since his e doesnt sound super effective unless in tight corridors. his laning might be kind of rough too considering one of his basic abilities effectively doesn't do 'anything'

he's like a soraka or maybe zilean type i guess

really interesting kit, i like it a lot, hopefully it won't be too frustrating to play against

Blizzard

Banned
Patch note thoughts:

• No more Poppy autoattack reset, yay.
  • Rammus ult got nerfed by 40 seconds right after I started playing him, NOOOOO.
  • Soraka higher mana costs should make some people happy.
  • Udyr health regen and phoenix nerfs...will they finally be enough to knock him out of the top 5?
  • Zed cooldown and damage nerfs are always welcome.
  • Maw nerf...good thing hopefully?
  • DEATH TIMERS NOOOOO, now I'll expect even more matches to go over 55 minutes because of how hard it is to get bronze/silver players to group for towers.

Haha, Tarics ultimate is some Heroes of the Storm shit. Literally ripped off Tyraels ult, GG bungie.

And because of that, he's going to be overpowered as fuck, because he breaks the mold. Not saying he's a bad character, but he'll be toxic in Riots term. I see a remake within next year.

I mean, the question is whether or not taric can move and whether or not he takes damage during ult. I think he doesn't take damage during ult and if he can move that makes it objectively better than Tyrael's ult lol.

Edit: Death timer changes (depending on the change) will hopefully encourage a little less passive play in pro games? If people don't have to be worried about getting wiped at 30 minutes and losing the game immediately maybe people wont' be so scared. Though I think a slight buff in towers would be needed to really accomplish this.

I mean, the question is whether or not taric can move and whether or not he takes damage during ult. I think he doesn't take damage during ult and if he can move that makes it objectively better than Tyrael's ult lol.

I think it was confirmed that he could move during it? Atleast the person he's linked with can. Just the fact that he can lay down 2 invuln fields with a linked partner makes it alot stronger lol.

Neol

That or it's the new direction they're taking, IE HotS style where kits are overloaded. Which I would actually be happy with, the only thing is they'd have to keep the upkeep of old champions in order not to make them obsolete quickly.

Ehh what you gonna do. Gotta make the new champs exciting so more people will buy and play them.

he fits a weird spot in supports i guess since he doesn't seem to have great engage or pick off. his disengage doesn't seem like too great either since his e doesnt sound super effective unless in tight corridors. his laning might be kind of rough too considering one of his basic abilities effectively doesn't do 'anything'

he's like a soraka or maybe zilean type i guess

really interesting kit, i like it a lot, hopefully it won't be too frustrating to play against

Yea he looks weak to poke and disengage. Definitely more of a follow up support as he looks to have a lot of synergy with junglers or tops who engage well. Can see W to jungler for easy E stun as kinda a bread and butter thing.

Ehh what you gonna do. Gotta make the new champs exciting so more people will buy and play them.

I want them to go crazy! I want to see an ultimate that's just a lane-sized aoe reaching half way across the map(Full map at max level) that freezes all towers and minions it hits, and slows down opposing champions to a crawl.

Let Riot go crazy. I used to say this game was too homogeneous, but with the ADC changes last year and the crazier directions they've taken, it's gotten alot better in that regard.

Question is, can Taric get stunned out of his ult? That is, is it a channel? Or is it simply a button press and then after a time it activates?

Top Bottom