• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Leezard

Back in the day a common request was for Riot to replace all of the then current splash arts with the Chinese art because they thought it was better.

The game has come a long way since then.

I'm feeling emotional over Taric. He looks so amazing and fun to play with. His splashes are amazing and his new animations and lore/personality. The next patch can't come quick enough, I just hope the fascination with him dies out quick so I can actually use him though. The wait is finally over!

And thank goodness they're changing Spectacular Sivir. There's still a lot of splash arts I wouldn't have changd and feel theyr'e fine as is, like Musketeer TF and Rumble in the Jungle. I do wish we got this Chinese splash for Warrior Princess Sivir instead though:

2hmiN2k.jpg

What I dislike about many of these Chinese splash arts is the general emphasis on big squishy boobs, and the general more animu look. I mean sure anything is better than the current old Nidalee skin splashes but some of those Sivir splashes are gross.

And somehow there's really no consistency in the Chinese splashes aside from the one mentioned. It's like the art was outsourced to wildly different artists with no artistic guidelines to follow. It reeks of that cheap Asian MMO look.

In terms of power? Likely.

In terms of mechanics? Probably not. It's still a relatively simple kit.

I always thought overloaded kit usually emphasized the number of different mechanics put into the kit, like thresh has a knockback + slow + hook with stun + gapcloser + aoe slow + damage amplifier + stacking souls + ...

Taric still "only" has aoe heal, aoe stun, aoe invulnerability, "sheen-like" passive and a Pix 2.0.

I guess 'overloaded' is the wrong word here.

Hmm. I guess I mean 'overloaded' in the sense that it does things that are radically different. It's mainly due to the linking skill, but the way his E and R operate, and Q being AoE..how his abilities load his attack to be DC reduction for 2 hits, all these things in combination have the potential to make him one of the strongest supports.

kenbo

Idk why you guys are so excited about a 2.5s delay invulnerability

There's nothing spectacular about that

His cooldown reduction on his passive isn't even significant because he's given pretty high cd on basic abilities

perfect use of Tarics ult-
team hiding in bush

opposing team comes by

pop it, enemy has no idea it's popped

they pop all disengage moves IE annies ult, lux lasers, renekton mashes buttons

tarics team comes out full health

kenbo

Sounds like the dumbest team fight ever

Any support would be useful if the enemy team would just waltz by your bush blindly

Do you even play this game

Seriously though, the ults just alright

That E though. That thing seems like it could be strong

Black_Red

Is this tha place to make a Taric rant? Because I'm really agry/sad about the new skills, Tairc has been one of my main champions over the last years (playing since season 2) and I loved how aggresive he was, with high base damages and a targeted stun, with those he was able to burst a squishy ADC or support with the help of your ADC, now he's just another heal/shield support =/

At least, I love the new taunts/dance and the splash of pink taric.

jerd

Is this tha place to make a Taric rant? Because I'm really agry/sad about the new skills, Tairc has been one of my main champions over the last years (playing since season 2) and I loved how aggresive he was, with high base damages and a targeted stun, with those he was able to burst a squishy ADC or support with the help of your ADC, now he's just another heal/shield support =/

At least, I love the new taunts/dance and the splash of pink taric.

I feel like even as someone who played a lot of taric you have to admit his kit was extremely bland and outdated right?

Sounds like the dumbest team fight ever

Any support would be useful if the enemy team would just waltz by your bush blindly

Do you even play this game

Seriously though, the ults just alright

That E though. That thing seems like it could be strong

bro it's called a what if scenario

like what if everyone went into the baron pit and baron became loose and started killing everyone

that would be cuhrrraaaazy

Black_Red

I feel like even as someone who played a lot of taric you have to admit his kit was extremely bland and outdated right?

I don't think thats a bad thing if by "bland and outdated" you mean simple, I still play champs like Amumu, Singed, Taric, Evelyn and I have fun with them, I don't think their kits are bad. We don't need every champion to have complex skills, since we have enough of those.

But even if they needed to update his kit, this feels more like a new champion that replaced Taric than a Taric redesing.

Neol

2.5 seconds of invulnerability is pretty scary.

If you pressure objectives well then the enemy team has to make hard choices on whether to engage or not. Using it early in a teamfight ensures your carries won't get blown up by assassins allowing them to dish out more damage. Plus using CC on invulnerable champions is pretty dumb. Its essentially giving everyone a mini Tryndamere where there able to live for longer.

2.5 seconds of invulnerability is pretty scary.

If you pressure objectives well then the enemy team has to make hard choices on whether to engage or not. Using it early in a teamfight ensures your carries won't get blown up by assassins allowing them to dish out more damage. Plus using CC on invulnerable champions is pretty dumb. Its essentially giving everyone a mini Tryndamere where there able to live for longer.

Like another scenario

Opposing team is doing Baron. Pop that ultimate then go in and kill them all with no recourse.

It will be, without a doubt, a strong ultimate.

jerd

I don't think thats a bad thing if by "bland and outdated" you mean simple, I still play champs like Amumu, Singed, Taric, Evelyn and I have fun with them, I don't think their kits are bad. We don't need every champion to have complex skills, since we have enough of those.

But even if they needed to update his kit, this feels more like a new champion that replaced Taric than a Taric redesing.

Even new taric's skills aren't complicated though. In fact it's actually a really simple kit. It just is actually active. Taric now has a lot of power loaded into an aura which isn't fun or interesting for anyone. There's a reason he gets so little play, and it's not because he's bad. He's actually pretty good in this ad heavy meta. He's just such a boring champ to play for the majority of people. Compare him to braum for example. Braum also has a super easy kit, but it's extremely versatile. You can body block, stun, knockup, intercept projectiles, tag people with passive. It sucks that a champ you like is being changed so drastically but to the majority of people he's just not interesting at all and needed an update

Bacon

I don't even know what any of taric's abilities do right now outside of the stun. It just looks like he stands around during lane phase and occasionally throws out a targeted stun. Super boring

Black_Red

Even new taric's skills aren't complicated though. In fact it's actually a really simple kit. It just is actually active. Taric now has a lot of power loaded into an aura which isn't fun or interesting for anyone. There's a reason he gets so little play, and it's not because he's bad. He's actually pretty good in this ad heavy meta. He's just such a boring champ to play for the majority of people. Compare him to braum for example. Braum also has a super easy kit, but it's extremely versatile. You can body block, stun, knockup, intercept projectiles, tag people with passive. It sucks that a champ you like is being changed so drastically but to the majority of people he's just not interesting at all and needed an update

Yeah, I guess I understand, but I just hate that they need to replace the champion instead of creating "Taric's brother/friend" since the old taric wasn't hurting the meta =/.

I don't even know what any of taric's abilities do right now outside of the stun. It just looks like he stands around during lane phase and occasionally throws out a targeted stun. Super boring
Aside from the double heal and stun. His W gives allies a passive bonus armor and he gets even more amor, when he uses his W it does damage and decreases his oponent armor( but loses his own bonus armor), his ult does damage and increases his allies AD and AP by a lot. Then Stun+R+W will greatly increase your ADC damage (and 2 of those 3 skills have high base damage). That's why you have to use it aggressively

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Went 16-4 last 20 games in diamond, playing well i think, doing good, then BAM, a string of 6 games that i cant even explain, just pure unadulterated stomps on bot and top lane, talking a 0-9 top at 15 mintues, a bot lane that dies once and starts the blame game going afk, people who ff at 20 when we have the better comp.

I remember reading on reddit about how matchmaking will throw you curveballs if you are rising rapidly but fuck me....fuck me, i even won my lane in 5 of the 6 games and did my absolute best to make the situation better.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

todays been bad

Luigi87

I will never understand the urge players get when you're winning, to constantly try to 1v1 the enemy (in my most recent game, had two players like this) who would then keep losing, which caused numerous throws giving the other team the game.

killatopak

Gold Member
Goddamn that new queue restriction. I've been waiting for my friend to get to plat so we could duo again. Fuck that. I don't know how long it would take for him to reach high plat.

jerd

The splash thing is an effort to unify them across regions right? I think it's pretty even in terms of quality, maybe a few more good than bad

zkylon

zkylewd
man i wish they had given faker leblanc instead of ryze

feels so wrong for the greatest player of all time to be represented by the worst champion of all time

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm surprised they didn't clarify the death timer changes

also been listening to a lot of the league community podcasts, they're actually like super good, really cool insight into champion design and riot as a whole, and also a whole episode dedicated to nicki taylor which i appreciate very much

but yeah hearing stories about how during early riot days phreak and the designers would make balance changes like two hours before releasing patches, or how a key moment in aurelion sol's design was the designers figuring out that his personality is basically bowie made dragon

like they were talking about ao shin's old kit, about him having two a global spell that made the entire map be covered in rain that boosted his abilities and also his ultimate being some sort of global lee sin q

it's pretty cool, i'm gonna skip all the ones that sound boring like zionspartan talking about his life, but the design stuff is cool

Didn't he ask for Ryze?
dont be ridiculous

they didn't even make something cool with like the broccoli

so disappoint

Top Bottom