• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Bacon

WszTIYU.png

Gonna just save this for whenever someone says every game is winnable. Trynd was 0/9 at the 8 minute mark

Blizzard

Banned
Started rank game, one person says their ping is still ridiculous. A second person says "im at mcdonalds and my ping is 500 lol".

GOOD TIMES

zkylon

zkylewd
oh man imagine if like

they had made a faker leblanc

that like ate broccoli when she backed

and had a roll for her homeguards animation

i hate that riot phones in the worlds champions skins, after they added imp's grass thing i thought they were gonna do something more

Blizzard

Banned
The McDonalds wifi and 400 ping blitz team ended up winning.

I had a 52:05 ranked game earlier tonight though. It was just crazy fight after crazy fight and no one could end. Once the death timers go down I'm expecting 60+ minute games occasionally.

Newt

The McDonalds wifi and 400 ping blitz team ended up winning.

I had a 52:05 ranked game earlier tonight though. It was just crazy fight after crazy fight and no one could end. Once the death timers go down I'm expecting 60+ minute games occasionally.
Summons you've officially passed the first condition. Only 3 more conditions to go and you're ready for plat+.

clemenx

Banned
I like the skt skins. I don't understand all the hate and outrage ("disrespectful"? Lolol) . Alistar and Renek look great. Ryze one is fucking boring but there's not much you can do with Ryze.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah no reason to be outraged, but faker deserves better

like he's the best league player of all time, two times world champion and he has a great personality and he did a ton of awesome stuff at world finals that you could add to his skin

like the skin itself doesn't look bad, but pawn got like the awesome dade jacket, imp got the grass roll thing, you gotta put something that says faker in the skin

also i get the feeling that riot is eventually gonna reprice reworked champions. it feels kind of crazy that after all the work they put into taric and poppy they're still selling them for 450/1350 ip. same for the skins, some of the reworked skins are at least 750 rp worth. i'm kind of surprised they haven't already, i think it'd be kind of fair, even

clemenx

Banned
Oh yeah, I agree that Ryze is a super boring choice, but he shitted on everyone with Ryze in the actual tourney tho

I do wish they were more clear whether the players choose or it's Riot's call. It should be 100% on the players wishes imo, even if they ask for Yorick or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh yeah, I agree that Ryze is a super boring choice, but he shitted on everyone with Ryze in the actual tourney tho
i think ryze is lame and leblanc would've been better but ok, ryze was the faker champion at worlds so it's fair that he gets a ryze skin

it doesn't even look that bad, it's just really uninspired

like, i feel these skins should try to represent the players' personalities somewhat. again, i think rito did a great job with samsung's skins, they even gave twitch the imp glasses and everything

also i'm really disappointed they didn't make an azir skin for easyhoon

like he didn't play in the finals but cmon, poor easyhoon

I do wish they were more clear whether the players choose or it's Riot's call. It should be 100% on the players wishes imo, even if they ask for Yorick or something.
it's a mix, players say "these would be cool" and rito picks the ones that make sense for them out of those

i think it's a good system, but i think these skins are not worth waiting like 6 months for

Aurelion Sol is just nuts. Now that I have him down, I absolutely destroy with him. Surely he has to be nerfed, but I don't know how. Those 6.7 nerfs don't really hit on what makes him OP, which are his stars.

Leezard

What a change. Taric goes from nearly no voice lines to 16+ minutes.

"Shine on you crazy diamond"

"Are you even wearing pants?"

Gonna just save this for whenever someone says every game is winnable.

literally nobody says that. people say you might be able to comeback and to not give up prematurely, not that you can win every game. some games are impossible to win because of the distribution of gold (feeding) and subsequent item advantages, or simply due to being out-skilled.

Ashhong

Holy shit I just lost 10 lp for not doing a ban. Are you kidding me? Second time today I didn't realize it was my turn. 10LP????? That's fucking stupid. It's just a ban.

Blizzard

Banned
Holy shit I just lost 10 lp for not doing a ban. Are you kidding me? Second time today I didn't realize it was my turn. 10LP????? That's fucking stupid. It's just a ban.
The fun part is if you alt-tab (even with two monitors) because the lobby or search takes forever, some things will blink the taskbar orange and bring the game to the foreground, and some won't! There are audio clues if you have audio turned up at least.

Ashhong

The fun part is if you alt-tab (even with two monitors) because the lobby or search takes forever, some things will blink the taskbar orange and bring the game to the foreground, and some won't! There are audio clues if you have audio turned up at least.

I have audio turned down because the LoL client is too goddamn loud. Like, it's not leveled properly, it's much louder than everything else on my PC.

Went from 2 wins away to promos to 3 now. So dumb. I can understand it for picks maybe, but for a ban? It aint that serious

Blizzard

Banned
I have audio turned down because the LoL client is too goddamn loud. Like, it's not leveled properly, it's much louder than everything else on my PC.

Went from 2 wins away to promos to 3 now. So dumb. I can understand it for picks maybe, but for a ban? It aint that serious
The client audio level annoys me too.

For a while I was also having a weird thing where the ingame audio level kept getting reset to a low level even though I was manually adjusting the Windows volume control for the game AND none of the ingame audio levels were that low.

Not every game is winnable but around 70% are.

that feels about right to me yea

it's pretty rare for all 3 lanes to get stomped. as long as one or two people are doing okay the game can almost always be brought back to even at which point it's anyone's game. better late game comps notwithstanding.

Bungie's

I like the skt skins. I don't understand all the hate and outrage ("disrespectful"? Lolol) . Alistar and Renek look great. Ryze one is fucking boring but there's not much you can do with Ryze.
I think they're fine. People will always find something to complain about, in this case an ingame skin. LUL

kenbo

Its the punishment for afking, it has nothing to do with picking or banning

zkylon

zkylewd

it's needed to make sure people aren't wasting other people's time

nobody likes to be in champ select and see the game dropped cos someone forgot to ban

don't afk in champ select, it's super easy :>

Ashhong

it's needed to make sure people aren't wasting other people's time

nobody likes to be in champ select and see the game dropped cos someone forgot to ban

don't afk in champ select, it's super easy :>

I'm saying it's just a ban. In the past you just lost a ban, but you could still be there for the champ select. Missing a ban isn't going to make or break the game. I'm not sure how having it for the banning stage "makes sure people aren't wasting other people's time". I'm not talking about the punishment, but the fact that it drops if you forgot the ban.

They should at least fix it so the client flashes, or pops into the foreground reliably. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Oh man, that Infernal Diana is so good!! It's the only fire skin I actually like in League.

totally not bias because i love diana

Speaking of skins.

Hmm. I haven't bought a single skin since they stopped introducing them on sale.

Was this the intended affect? It's hard for me to keep up with skins randomly going on sale and I rarely check the store unless there's something I'm looking for. These sorts of threads are really good for hyping up a skin release but I'm just not about paying full price for skins, at all. I've spent more than most on skins, but not a dime since December with no plan to either. Just on principle.

I wonder if Riot is making more now than they were when there were opening sales for new skins. It's had quite the chilling effect on my personally.

Leezard

Speaking of skins.

Hmm. I haven't bought a single skin since they stopped introducing them on sale.

Was this the intended affect? It's hard for me to keep up with skins randomly going on sale and I rarely check the store unless there's something I'm looking for. These sorts of threads are really good for hyping up a skin release but I'm just not about paying full price for skins, at all. I've spent more than most on skins, but not a dime since December with no plan to either. Just on principle.

I wonder if Riot is making more now than they were when there were opening sales for new skins. It's had quite the chilling effect on my personally.

I haven't bought any skins aince the change either, but that might mostly be because I haven't liked any of the new skins enough to buy them. I did get a skin during December but it was not a newly released one.

I agree with the hype effect of a new skin and it being on sale during release; wait a couple of months until that first sale and the hype has completely died. I probably won't buy any 1350 RP skins unless they are on sale. 975 RP skins can be another matter, especially since they never had launch sales.

kenbo

Speaking of skins.

its made me pay more attention to the sales?

i think i bought the project sale

killatopak

Gold Member
Speaking of skins.

Me too. Except I think I reluctantly bought some legacy skins like the caitlyn one on chinese new year.

I have not been impressed with the tencent splash arts that I've seen so far. Waterloo Miss Fortune does not look great. That Bloodstone Taric splash, though, is super great.
Quick Edit: Does anyone else think Infernal Diana looks a bit like Zyra?

patchday

Lol new Taric updated model looks nice

The jealousy is real. Even tho I havent played in 9 days now still been stalking my favorite gafs on na.op.gg (always had Lord Newt and his favorite duo partner Ghost, Bubble Hearth, etc). Some of yall have some crazy good win rates with your heroes. I mean way over 50%. Must be freakin' nice!!!!! I cant get my favorite heroes over 50% :(

Luigi87

Finally read the patch notes...

Irelia got buffed.

... in spite of still hoping for a new skin for her, I'll take this! I don't think she's had a direct change since 2013?

faridmon

I will never understand the urge players get when you're winning, to constantly try to 1v1 the enemy (in my most recent game, had two players like this) who would then keep losing, which caused numerous throws giving the other team the game.

It hasn't happens to me a much, but last night I lost two games where we were way ahead. I guess when the lead is large, people become cocky or/and complacent.

and me being in Bronze, doesn't help because not many goes after objectives and would rather net kills.

Luigi87

It hasn't happens to me a much, but last night I lost two games where we were way ahead. I guess when the lead is large, people become cocky or/and complacent.

and me being in Bronze, doesn't help because not many goes after objectives and would rather net kills.

Yeah, that definitely seems to be the biggest issue. I'm low silver struggling as I keep getting teamed with many Bronze players.

I described Bronze to my friends like something from a horror movie. It's like floating in a lake when suddenly hands begin to emerge from it and try to pull you down while you struggle to stay afloat.

killatopak

Gold Member
Finally read the patch notes...

Irelia got buffed.

... in spite of still hoping for a new skin for her, I'll take this! I don't think she's had a direct change since 2013?

I think she's been nerfed over the years. Last nerf I remember is the magic damage reduction on her E a year ago.

Bacon

literally nobody says that. people say you might be able to comeback and to not give up prematurely, not that you can win every game. some games are impossible to win because of the distribution of gold (feeding) and subsequent item advantages, or simply due to being out-skilled.

Really? Literally nobody says it? I've absolutely seen and heard people say it many times before so I'm not sure why you would say literally nobody says that lol

15/5/31 jungle Taric. Ok Riot.

Really? Literally nobody says it? I've absolutely seen and heard people say it many times before so I'm not sure why you would say literally nobody says that lol

Really, nobody says it. People say, "we can still win" in games because they want to believe. Also because most people below Plat don't know how to close out a game so the throw and comeback is often a factor. That said, nofuckinbody says "we can win 100% of our games, including the ones where we're down 20k gold @ 20 minutes..." Right? No need to be hyperbolic. Most games are winnable even when behind. Not every game is winnable.

I've played about 2,000 matches and I've never seen anyone say what you're suggesting you see on a regular basis. So either you want to modify that statement you're making or you're misunderstanding what people are saying by not finishing fast.

Bacon

15/5/31 jungle Taric. Ok Riot.

Really, nobody says it. People say, "we can still win" in games because they want to believe. Also because most people below Plat don't know how to close out a game so the throw and comeback is often a factor. That said, nofuckinbody says "we can win 100% of our games, including the ones where we're down 20k gold @ 20 minutes..." Right? No need to be hyperbolic. Most games are winnable even when behind. Not every game is winnable.

I've played about 2,000 matches and I've never seen anyone say what you're suggesting you see on a regular basis. So either you want to modify that statement you're making or you're misunderstanding what people are saying by not finishing fast.

Lol I don't know what to tell you I've seen people say it before. Sorry you don't believe me?

Top Bottom