• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

faridmon

Yeah, that definitely seems to be the biggest issue. I'm low silver struggling as I keep getting teamed with many Bronze players.

I described Bronze to my friends like something from a horror movie. It's like floating in a lake when suddenly hands begin to emerge from it and try to pull you down while you struggle to stay afloat.

The annoying thing is, many of them are really good mechanically (way better than me), but if they just read the map little different and communicated a little more honestly, they wouldn't be there.

One of the game last night, playing as a supp, we faced a Graves and blitz who simply won the lanes against us. That graves was simply too good. Got over 200 SC in 20 min or so and got couple of kills of our jungler as well.

Him and Blitz didn't even attempt to take our turret and was still standing until we won the game.

Really baffling!

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much thought into a high ELO player playing on the PBE and making something look broken. PBE matches are pretty much "smurfing in a level 5 account" quality.

Leezard

I'm in champ select with Gross Gore right now.

4DZXrMc.png

Let's see if he really is as bad as people say.

https://www.twitch.tv/grossie_gore

edit: he got stream sniped, somebody banned tf. RIP.

He's a 39% win rate Zed though, np

I just dodged.

Leezard

lol, playing with Gross Gore is basically asking to lose because it's very likely he'll get trolled.

I wasn't very scared of getting trolled since I was in a 3 man premade, but our jungler wanted to trade to become adc.

Incompetent jungler + Gross Gore Zed sounds really bad.

Quick question. Started and updated League yesterday after at least a year and a half and I'm wondering if Spectator mode is still available? Whenever I was in the home screen before I would see a tile segment that showed what ranked matches were going on that you could join as a spectator. As I don't see it now I'm wondering if it's been cut or?

Quick question. Started and updated League yesterday after at least a year and a half and I'm wondering if Spectator mode is still available? Whenever I was in the home screen before I would see a tile segment that showed what ranked matches were going on that you could join as a spectator. As I don't see it now I'm wondering if it's been cut or?
Spectator is still there, we just don't have those random featured matches to pick from anymore.

drawkcaB

As my jungle pool is getting more finalized I'm going to start playing more support and was wondering what are the conditions for building "eye of" items over the other support items?

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm saying it's just a ban. In the past you just lost a ban, but you could still be there for the champ select. Missing a ban isn't going to make or break the game. I'm not sure how having it for the banning stage "makes sure people aren't wasting other people's time". I'm not talking about the punishment, but the fact that it drops if you forgot the ban.
idk, i think it's fair to punish people from afking in an important part of the competitive mode of the game

if u wanna goof you can just play normals, but u should be paying attention during champ select in ranked

They should at least fix it so the client flashes, or pops into the foreground reliably. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
yeah agree with this

Speaking of skins.

Hmm. I haven't bought a single skin since they stopped introducing them on sale.

Was this the intended affect? It's hard for me to keep up with skins randomly going on sale and I rarely check the store unless there's something I'm looking for. These sorts of threads are really good for hyping up a skin release but I'm just not about paying full price for skins, at all. I've spent more than most on skins, but not a dime since December with no plan to either. Just on principle.

I wonder if Riot is making more now than they were when there were opening sales for new skins. It's had quite the chilling effect on my personally.
yeah, this has been my experience too, i used to rush for the 975 launch sale and now i'm like "i'll wait on shodan lizzy"

the idea is that these champions will be on sale for 975 in less than 6 months with the early sale thing, so it's not that bad but it's super stopped me from buying shit on release (tho there hasn't been anything i felt the need to day 1 either, specially since i'm not playing that much league lately anyways)

i imagine it's better for rito since it's taking the most advantage of the marketing campaign for the skins, and then they get another spike when they put it up for sale

bakeray

I knew when I won about 16/20 games and went up 2 divisions it was only a matter of time until I was doomed.

I've since lost 8 out of my last 11.

feelsbadman.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually have like 3k rp, just haven't felt the need to buy any of this skins cos i ask myself "do i really want this skin right now or can i wait the six months for the discount?"

it's weird

Tizoc

Uh is anyone getting really bad lag spikes?
Kinda worried it's just my ISP acting up
Had to afk from a match because my ping would not stay stable, spiking to 1K constantly =_=

Blizzard

Banned
i actually have like 3k rp, just haven't felt the need to buy any of this skins cos i ask myself "do i really want this skin right now or can i wait the six months for the discount?"

it's weird
That's ok, you can buy me lots of key fragments so I can open my extra chests if your money is burning a hole in your pocket. :p

patchday

First game in a month and I got a shaco top :/

whats up Flow I thought you were gone for good which is a shame cause you're so darn close to Gold when I last checked. good luck man :)

I've been taking break because my mountain of games has become almost unsurmountable. So trying to focus on those for a bit and try some of the new games releasing

Still watching LCS though because its' much easier to watch a pro then try to be a pro hehe and fits into my schedule perfectly

Plus Rainbow Six Siege hooked me. Voice chat is a wonderful thing. Hope LoL gets it one day (it probably won't)

TheFlow

Banned
whats up Flow I thought you were gone for good which is a shame cause you're so darn close to Gold when I last checked. good luck man :)

I've been taking break because my mountain of games has become almost unsurmountable. So trying to focus on those for a bit and try some of the new games releasing

Still watching LCS though because its' much easier to watch a pro then try to be a pro hehe and fits into my schedule perfectly

Plus Rainbow Six Siege hooked me. Voice chat is a wonderful thing. Hope LoL gets it one day (it probably won't)
sup bro. yea I am back but I already hate myself for installing this toxic game. I am high silver 2 atm.

bakeray

surprisingly the braum top did well.. it was the pantheon support who decided 30 minutes into the game that 'we didn't deserve to win' and refused to grp for the rest of the match who ruined it for us :/

jerd

Grasp of the Undying (Resolve, Tier 6)
[Tooltip now reads "Every 4 seconds in combat against enemy champions" from "Every 4 seconds in combat"]

Should have always been this

Plus olaf buffs praise rito

patchday

sup bro. yea I am back but I already hate myself for installing this toxic game. I am high silver 2 atm.

Ah figured you took a break due to that :(

I found mid lane so much more relaxing since I at least eliminated the biggest toxic (an ADC that's tilted). I saw you did great on mid maybe you should try that a little more too (that's if you continue to play)

jerd

TheFlow

Banned
Hey man, Nami works fine for that. :^)

You can always try something that deals more damage though, say Brand or Zyra.

oops sorry. She is is great champ one of my favorites. I got a nice winrate with her. but I find myself needing a tank or more damage. Nami works best when your adc is hot fire.

what is the meta for tanky supports? I am going to lean back into playing zyra as well

oops sorry. She is is great champ one of my favorites. I got a nice winrate with her. but I find myself needing a tank or more damage. Nami works best when your adc is hot fire.

what is the meta for tanky supports? I am going to lean back into playing zyra as well

If I need a really tanky support I default to Braum or Nautilus, if Nautilus isn't taken or banned. Otherwise Alistar continues to main relevance as a tank, but his sustain has been hit a bit (if you weren't around for that patch). They lowered the heal amount and increased the mana cost.

zkylon

zkylewd
the cottontail teemo splash is the only one that feels like big downgrade in this batch. the annie splash feels like they should do a paintover the face and it would be perfect

rest are ok, i guess, a few upgrades, a few sidegrades, but overall it's fine

Should have always been this
yeah, it's hard to believe it didn't release like that but keystones overall have felt poorly thought out

yeah, good stuff, seems like rito is pretty in touch with the current issues in the game and has plans for most of the bad stuff and i'm glad mid season patch is gonna be pretty mage-centric cos the class doesn't feel great atm

the list of mages to change seems solid

bigger changes: Vel’Koz, Zyra, Malzahar, Vladimir, Brand, Cassiopeia
smaller changes: Veigar, Annie, Ziggs, Anivia, Xerath, Syndra, Fiddlesticks

it could be bigger (ryze, galio, ahri, heimer, azir, lizzy) but that's a healthy list of champions that deserve some looking into

i hope they do cool stuff with syndra's passive and i'm kind of excited of the changes into xerath too, since he's a champ that feels like he has the best ult ever coupled with the most boring rest-of-the-kit.

i hope there's some new items too, i like the idea of putting more cdr and mana in builds so you don't depend as much from blue buff and cdr runes for waveclear, that stuff is boring

the cottontail teemo splash is the only one that feels like big downgrade in this batch. the annie splash feels like they should do a paintover the face and it would be perfect

rest are ok, i guess, a few upgrades, a few sidegrades, but overall it's fine

yeah, it's hard to believe it didn't release like that but keystones overall have felt poorly thought out

yeah, good stuff, seems like rito is pretty in touch with the current issues in the game and has plans for most of the bad stuff and i'm glad mid season patch is gonna be pretty mage-centric cos the class doesn't feel great atm

the list of mages to change seems solid

bigger changes: Vel’Koz, Zyra, Malzahar, Vladimir, Brand, Cassiopeia
smaller changes: Veigar, Annie, Ziggs, Anivia, Xerath, Syndra, Fiddlesticks

it could be bigger (ryze, galio, ahri, heimer, azir, lizzy) but that's a healthy list of champions that deserve some looking into

i hope they do cool stuff with syndra's passive and i'm kind of excited of the changes into xerath too, since he's a champ that feels like he has the best ult ever coupled with the most boring rest-of-the-kit.

i hope there's some new items too, i like the idea of putting more cdr and mana in builds so you don't depend as much from blue buff and cdr runes for waveclear, that stuff is boring

Where the fuck is Swain

Paging Costy

Where is Swain

jerd

I hope they do something cool with fiddle. He's really simple and has big play potential but can just feel so frustrating when he's strong

yeah, this has been my experience too, i used to rush for the 975 launch sale and now i'm like "i'll wait on shodan lizzy"

the idea is that these champions will be on sale for 975 in less than 6 months with the early sale thing, so it's not that bad but it's super stopped me from buying shit on release (tho there hasn't been anything i felt the need to day 1 either, specially since i'm not playing that much league lately anyways)

i imagine it's better for rito since it's taking the most advantage of the marketing campaign for the skins, and then they get another spike when they put it up for sale

Glad it's not just me on this one guys. I really want that new Liss skin but I'm like, "1350 tho? Not that invested in the champ atm..."

If it was 25% off of whatever they usually would be at launch, I'd be in without a second thought. I guess Riot's economics team knows what they're doing because I sure don't.

zkylon

zkylewd
Where the fuck is Swain

Paging Costy

Where is Swain
i think swain (and i guess ryze and galio too) are probably more fitting to another subclass than straight mage

i'm sure rito has like a special term like like warlock that means tanky mage and fits those types of champions

this patch is aimed to the oris and twisted fates and luxes

and the "juggermages" are probably gonna get bigger reworks that what's scoped in this patch, i can see swain getting a visual update and a darius size rework at least, galio is probably gonna be poppy esque and ryze should be poppy esque but rito loves messing around with ryze so who knows :p

I hope they do something cool with fiddle. He's really simple and has big play potential but can just feel so frustrating when he's strong
i think they'll mostly remove/reduce the randomness of his e but i really wish they did big changes to his super lame passive and to how his q works

they should probably change his heal too, fiddle being like the special ap dude makes balancing ap jungle items pretty weird i bet

Glad it's not just me on this one guys. I really want that new Liss skin but I'm like, "1350 tho? Not that invested in the champ atm..."

If it was 25% off of whatever they usually would be at launch, I'd be in without a second thought. I guess Riot's economics team knows what they're doing because I sure don't.
it's a strategy change, it's not specifically bad or good since we still get the sales down the line, so i'm not too down on it

i'm guessing it makes them more money since they must've done statistics on it

it's a bit more lame to me but whatever, if a skin is good enough that i feel like i must have it i'll go for it for 1350 np

Leezard

I just picked braum. so wish me lock. after this ranked match I am going back to normals for a week. I am super rusty.
Braum is a good pick. Naut and Alistar are also good, like Hydro said.
Where the fuck is Swain

Paging Costy

Where is Swain
Swain is now lost and forgotten.

I really thought he deserved getting his kit updated.

i think swain (and i guess ryze and galio too) are probably more fitting to another subclass than straight mage

i'm sure rito has like a special term like like warlock that means tanky mage and fits those types of champions

this patch is aimed to the oris and twisted fates and luxes

and the "juggermages" are probably gonna get bigger reworks that what's scoped in this patch, i can see swain getting a visual update and a darius size rework at least, galio is probably gonna be poppy esque and ryze should be poppy esque but rito loves messing around with ryze so who knows :p

Hopefully. Swain was one of the few mages who could be taken top and be competitive there, not as much as Ryze though.

Braum is a good pick. Naut and Alistar are also good, like Hydro said.

Swain is now lost and forgotten.

I really thought he deserved getting his kit updated.

Yeah. Like, Swain is primarily a Mage, and that they're leaving him out of this mage update just makes me...scratch my head. Like Yorick, he is forgotten.

Swain isn't in this update because it's scope is smaller, champions will get a few new skills and not a new kit which Swain needs.

Swain doesn't even need a new kit! His kit is great. It makes Swain, Swain.

Just....buff his numbers since he's single-target. Let ignite stack on his E again.

Swain doesn't even need a new kit! His kit is great. It makes Swain, Swain.

Just....buff his numbers since he's single-target. Let ignite stack on his E again.
Buffing his numbers will just make him stupid, that's why his kit needs to go or at the very least part of it. Free mana + point and click ranged harass just means he'll stay in the shitter forever just like old Poppy, he can't be allowed to be good again otherwise he'll fuck the game up.

Top Bottom