• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Buffing his numbers will just make him stupid, that's why his kit needs to go or at the very least part of it. Free mana + point and click ranged harass just means he'll stay in the shitter forever just like old Poppy, he can't be allowed to be good again otherwise he'll fuck the game up.

If the whole game has to burn down to make Swain good again

Then do it. Let League be ruined forever. Swain doesn't owe Riot anything.

Luigi87

The Irelia buff may seem minor, but I'm really happy with it. Specifically helps with last hitting. Grabbing Q at lv.2 (with no atk. damage runes) it deals 96~97 damage compared to the 84 it used to. That 12dmg can mean a lot, lol. Plus saving 10 mana per use is nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hopefully. Swain was one of the few mages who could be taken top and be competitive there, not as much as Ryze though.
i feel like rito will at one point do a juggermage patch and get major and minor reworks for swain, rumble, ryze, galio, gragas, chogath, etc.

Swain doesn't even need a new kit! His kit is great. It makes Swain, Swain.

Just....buff his numbers since he's single-target. Let ignite stack on his E again.
nope, that's a dumbo idea

swain needs full on rework, two of his spells are the same and they're both garbage and his passive is lame and his visuals are super outdated and nobody likes him and he's super oppressive when strong

big changes coming his way someday, i'm sure he'll end up being cool so you have that to look forward to

don't settle for lame

faridmon

went 4/0/10 27 mins in then we threw. I didn't even know it was possible to lose like that.

So yea I lost. now matter how good I support we still lose. I need jungle and mid to get out of this shit.

damn sorry to hear that.

I don't know how you can play without dying once. I have to die minimum of 5 times each game as a supp.

TheFlow

Banned
damn sorry to hear that.

I don't know how you can play without dying once. I have to die minimum of 5 times each game as a supp.

its all good. nothing wrong with losing as long as you learn something from it XD.

I went 4/3/14 at the end of the game. we did our best but that riven was on a whole other level

i feel like rito will at one point do a juggermage patch and get major and minor reworks for swain, rumble, ryze, galio, gragas, etc.

nope, that's a dumbo idea

swain needs full on rework, two of his spells are the same and they're both garbage and his passive is lame and his visuals are super outdated and nobody likes him and he's super oppressive when strong

big changes coming his way someday, i'm sure he'll end up being cool so you have that to look forward to

don't settle for lame

you hurt my soul

patchday

went 4/0/10 27 mins in then we threw. I didn't even know it was possible to lose like that.

So yea I lost. now matter how good I support we still lose. I need jungle and mid to get out of this shit.

Yep those are my new primaries. Last time I played was much happier with the game.

* I actually go Mid/Jungle

patchday

Okay I know Paragon is a different game- but this blows my mind:

What this means is that supports, who would traditionally be starved of income when assisting a teammate, will receive equal benefit from lane success. They can even help with last-hitting to assist the carry, widening the amount of options during the laning phase as farming, pushing, and harassing all are valid options for lane supports. This opens up potential for additional options for lane setups such as tri-lanes and multi-carry options since farming goes to all players in lane.

Come on Riot make this happen. Support is your #1 Least popular role. Maybe if we weren't such broke beggars the role would be more popular

[edit] I'm stupid, I think in Paragon support is still the last role that gets filled. I *think*

jerd

Hate to break it to you but if you're losing consistently as a support you're not supporting well enough. You gotta get over this whole "I'm playing out of my mind but can't carry this team" mentality. It's factually incorrect

Yeah, Swain's theme is actually really cool, he deserves a cool kit.

He's like this general or something with a cane but then he also turns into this giant healing bird? I'm sure this is explained in the lore but I honestly think I'd rather not know

Leezard

Come on Riot make this happen. Support is your #1 Least popular role. Maybe if we weren't such broke beggars the role would be more popular

[edit] I'm stupid, I think in Paragon support is still the last role that gets filled. I *think*
I don't think supports are that poor anymore. Sure, usually supports have less amounts of gold but ever since the 3 support items and sightstone were introduced it's a different thing. I think it has less to do with gold and more do with that most players want to deal lots of damage and get kills; hence how common support lb, nidalee, lux, etc can be in the lower ranks.

zkylon

zkylewd

supports got a lot of income and a good array of items to choose from, broke beggars isn't correct

i don't think the 1-1-1-2 setup is bad, i know a lot of ppl would like there being more variety but a thing i enjoy about league is that there's some predictability and low amount of cheesy shenanigans, so i can usually count on one team beating the other because they played better

i think he has some cool stuff about him, his q and ult are fun to use, but his two targeted spells are so boring

I don't think supports are that poor anymore. Sure, usually supports have less amounts of gold but ever since the 3 support items and sightstone were introduced it's a different thing. I think it has less to do with gold and more do with that most players want to deal lots of damage and get kills; hence how common support lb, nidalee, lux, etc can be in the lower ranks.
leblanc is just common cos leblanc is FUN

He's like this general or something with a cane but then he also turns into this giant healing bird? I'm sure this is explained in the lore but I honestly think I'd rather not know
He's a general/strategist/tactician that at first glance just looks like an old man that can barely walk but turns into a man eating bird that shoots other birds at you. I just love these types of "hiding true power" tropes, it's great and unique since there aren't really any other old men in League besides Zilean.

But all that is ruined by giving him two generic targeted DoTs, a root that has nothing to do with his theme and a generic sustain passive. Really, the only cool party about Swain's kit is his ult.

Leezard

Yeah. I wish he would get something in line with his "strategy" theme. Some global slowly casted manipulative spell, a zzrot-like spell, or something to do with towers. Just not what he has right now.

Newt

Can't say I'm a fan of support Leblenk.

Also this Ezreal was 3/0 at one point. People kept spamming 3/0 in all chat LOL.
a7a51e5b0bf288964647d1a7fb84f0a7.png

patchday

wow never saw a leblanc support and I darn near cried the one time I saw nid support

supports got a lot of income and a good array of items to choose from, broke beggars isn't correct

i don't think the 1-1-1-2 setup is bad, i know a lot of ppl would like there being more variety but a thing i enjoy about league is that there's some predictability and low amount of cheesy shenanigans, so i can usually count on one team beating the other because they played better

leblanc is just common cos leblanc is FUN

Need to save up my IP to unlock Leblanc. She was next on my list

So many characters I need to get, but the grind. Not going to use up actual money to get there. Lol

Still need to get Riven, Lee Sin, Leona and some others I forget. :c

Me:"Can we ban ekko plz? He is annoying to deal with and is strong when building tank."
Team proceeds to ban raka (good ban), Sol (dafuq), and Tahm(uhm......ok),

Enemy gets Ekko.

Ppl banning Sol over Ekko makes me face palm.
============================
With Jhin, is going RFC/PD or Statikk shiv jsut preference?

=========
Ekko 2/0 in four minutes lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
I feel like the game knowledge I used to have has all gone to crap since everything has changed. Matchups are now different, scaling is different on a lot of champions, and I don't play all the time like I used to to relearn it. Might just take some time to spam games by myself in normals to relearn everything.

Or I'll just become a support main so I can passively aggressively blame my ad carry as that is every support mains god given right

patchday

I feel like the game knowledge I used to have has all gone to crap since everything has changed. Matchups are now different, scaling is different on a lot of champions, and I don't play all the time like I used to to relearn it. Might just take some time to spam games by myself in normals to relearn everything.

Or I'll just become a support main so I can passively aggressively blame my ad carry as that is every support mains god given right

I still remember when I first started you'd post those Shen and Irelia win pics.

Where has the good times gone? lol hopefully the Irelia buff will help you out up there in Top lane

Nekofrog

Banned
I still remember when I first started you'd post those Shen and Irelia win pics.

Where has the good times gone? lol hopefully the Irelia buff will help you out up there in Top lane

Shen dropped off the face of the earth when ranged toplaners became a thing because his sustain was removed, and Irelia just can't win vs meta tops right now either. She doesn't have the damage to kill the tanks, and she dosen't have the tank stats to out tank the tanks, and finding ways to bypass their tank line is suicidal right now. Triforce attack speed removal and BORK nerf pretty much destroyed her in terms of the current meta champions in top.

edit: if only one of those aforementioned nerfs didn't happen, she'd still be pretty decent right now. Either attack speed on TF (yes, the 10% matters) or the %HP on bork. She'd be weaker, but still manageable. She'd still be able to keep megatanks somewhat in check.

Ahhhh Shen, I remember you. Shen was the first champion I got a penta with wayback when in 2010.

Blah. Swain is my GoaT though. I'm going to go brood since he's ignored.

Neol

Shen's still pretty good. Just gotta play more aggressively and look for quick trades since he'll always win on that.

Honestly any bruiser/tank with grasp of the undying is dumb right now.

Nekofrog

Banned
Shen's still pretty good. Just gotta play more aggressively and look for quick trades since he'll always win on that.

Honestly any bruiser/tank with grasp of the undying is dumb right now.

I dunno, I don't feel like there are many bruisers who fare well against the uber tank meta, which they're supposed to be able to do.

Nekofrog

Banned
Oh for sure tanks reign supreme.

Just saying that he's not as bad as you put him out to be.

He's not traditionally a bruiser, is he? Isn't he one of the mega tanks? I don't know, I've lost interest in him. I personally don't enjoy his new kit.

Neol

He's not traditionally a bruiser, is he? Isn't he one of the mega tanks? I don't know, I've lost interest in him. I personally don't enjoy his new kit.

I put him a bit more in the line with bruiser now since they traded a good amount of his defense for offense. Think he's still classified as a tank tho.

garath

I feel like I redeemed myself after my first ranked Khazix game with the troll Lucian. This Lucian was much nicer. That single death was to Rengar in the first couple minutes after I got first blood on Riven in a counter gank.

If Riven was a real tank it might have been a different game. Rengar started the game off 5/0. But then Zed and I kept ambushing him. Poor guy. He ended up having a bad game.

oRo369W.png

clemenx

Banned
Is Illaoi's E really that annoying? I don't get why everytime Riot has talked about her is to mention that they want to tone down the spell while never mentioning how she's basically useless at everything.

Is Illaoi's E really that annoying? I don't get why everytime Riot has talked about her is to mention that they want to tone down the spell while never mentioning how she's basically useless at everything.
It's a 60 second debuff that keeps hitting you and spawning shit everywhere, try dealing with that shit as a melee.

jerd

My new jungle strat I've used for the past few games: pick j4, cheese level 2 gank bot after first camp and get all their sums and first blood, find some other way to carry the game after bot inevitably loses lane despite the huge lead I gave them

It's worked out really well so far

garath

Man fuck this shitty Primary Secondary system. In queue for 2 seconds before queue pop and I got my secondary.

Strangely I've been getting my primary jungle every single game lately. Either adc is getting more popular or they tweaked it a little.

Talents

Banned
Strangely I've been getting my primary jungle every single game lately. Either adc is getting more popular or they tweaked it a little.

I don't mind getting my secondary occasionally. I mind when I'm in queue for a couple of seconds and it just puts me into the first open role it finds, doesnt' even try to prioritize my primary.

Top Bottom