• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Anyone use Boots of Swiftness? Saw a vid about them today and added them to my possible use items.

I tried them out and the logic behind them seems ... solid! That reduction to slow feels like it really has helped me get out of jams when otherwise I would be defenseless.

Bacon

Anyone use Boots of Swiftness? Saw a vid about them today and added them to my possible use items.

I tried them out and the logic behind them seems ... solid! That reduction to slow feels like it really has helped me get out of jams when otherwise I would be defenseless.

Depends on your champion/role. Most of the time they are only valuable on certain junglers and supports.

Nekofrog

Banned
i almost always buy swifties. if my champion isn't cooldown dependent, it's 100% swifties. they're too good right now for the price.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah I can't do old ranked anymore. People just lost their minds in champ select. Dynamic queue is just too good. Hope it's up soon.

I really like getting the speed upgrade on my boots early because it really helps running away and chasing people.

Newt

Ghost got baited too hard by dynamic queue.

b12a49b02ca58980004958c177b54977.png

zkylon

zkylewd
senpaiiiiiiii_by_lengyou-d9on9d1.jpg

husbandos

swiffies are pretty big right now i'd say

i really ilke swiffy meta but they're probably gonna get nerfed soon i think

Hard

Banned
Would not be surprised at all if swifties got a light whack with the nerf bat. They're so cheap for the extra speed and slow resistance they give. As long as you're not facing a hard CC-heavy team, one should be OK getting them.

They're probably going to raise the price up a bit to correspond with the other boots methinks.

Nekofrog

Banned
careful fellow platters, theoddone placed in plat 2 and started losing so he's probably gonna be stuck in plat with us for a bit. dodge or avoid when he's in queue or you're guaranteed 100% to get stream sniped

unless you're vs him, then you're good.

Ferga

Whats with 90% of plat players not knowing how to do baron?

Everyone tries to burst it near the end, making it impossible for the jungler to smite.

Just a tip for everyone:

Keep the damage constant on baron, don't start randomly bursting it near the end. You give the enemy jungler a better chance of stealing it.

kenbo

Everyone tries to burst it near the end, making it impossible for the jungler to smite.

Just a tip for everyone:

Keep the damage constant on baron, don't start randomly bursting it near the end. You give the enemy jungler a better chance of stealing it.

because we arent jungle mains? just tell us this shit jeez

Just a tip for everyone:

But if the damage is constant then the enemy jungler has a equal chance of judging when to smite it.

If everyone bursts it at the end you're actually way more likely to actually prevent the enemy jungler taking it. :s

Like, I'm not being crazy am I?

pigeon

Banned
The appropriate way to prevent the enemy jungler from stealing the baron is to not do baron if you lack map control and the enemy jungler is alive.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm surprise rito hasn't made any recent efforts to nerf fiora after how much she's been tearing ppl down in competitive

i like fiora, she sounds like a champion that once balanced might turn to be a thresh or an ori

pigeon

Banned
i'm surprise rito hasn't made any recent efforts to nerf fiora after how much she's been tearing ppl down in competitive

i like fiora, she sounds like a champion that once balanced might turn to be a thresh or an ori

What do you think Fiora needs balance-wise?

Like, the big thing about Fiora as I see it is that her teamfight contribution is so low, even lower than other strong splitpush duelists. So she's strong in a pro setting where you can organize around the splitpush, and maybe too strong (although she's also been the counterpick in a lot of these matches), but if the enemy team can force fights more effectively the team will have trouble. Jax has similar problems in many cases.

zkylon

zkylewd
What do you think Fiora needs balance-wise?

Like, the big thing about Fiora as I see it is that her teamfight contribution is so low, even lower than other strong splitpush duelists. So she's strong in a pro setting where you can organize around the splitpush, and maybe too strong (although she's also been the counterpick in a lot of these matches), but if the enemy team can force fights more effectively the team will have trouble. Jax has similar problems in many cases.
from watching competitive mostly it feels like she gets too strong off levels to the point she's kind of unshutdownable as well as having like positive matchups against pretty much everyone

i enjoy watching her best case scenarios a whole bunch but maybe she should be a riskier pick, like riven or something

TheFlow

Banned

Just a tip for everyone:

jungle mains shouldn't have a hard time with knowing when to smite

jerd

jungle mains shouldn't have a hard time with knowing when to smite

That's kinda like saying laners shouldn't have a hard time knowing when to all in or trade etc. While technically true there are a lot of variables besides just "smite it when it's low".

TheFlow

Banned
That's kinda like saying laners shouldn't have a hard time knowing when to all in or trade etc. While technically true there are a lot of variables besides just "smite it when it's low".

2 words "get gud" :p

Also who dafuq plays Urgot mid in low elo. This dude went 2/8 and cost me a game plus a trynd who would split push everyteam fight. Which is only a good idea when we are actually winning not defending inhibs.

edit: that was his first time playing urgot in ranked of course

Calvero

Banned
this yi in my game just switched out flash for teleport right before the game started. said his ult is his escape. why are there so many yi players that think they're ult is invulnerable to disables like stuns, when it's only slows.

Top Bottom