• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kenbo

I hope they go all the way with what they originally tried to do and make her a bot lane mage. I guess the hardest part would be finding a way to let her push towers.
she can poison and E towers with 50% damage reduction

SUBJECT TO BALANCING

Moonlight

Banned
Tristana is really fun, damn. I've only ever tried her twice but both times I have, I wound up doing really well. Her kit just seems super solid. Very satisfying to throw a charge onto a tower, pumping it up, then waddling off as the timer goes off behind me like a cool dude, lol.

pigeon

Banned
Riot's entire design priority should be creating more opportunities for different champions to Zed walk away from stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
a_new_dawn_by_haonguyenly-d9ot6qn.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
the big problem is that most mage kits can be summed up to "fish with cc spell, then press all ur buttons in a straight line"

it's fun to shoot all cannons but that's also very repetitive and not very skillfull. someone like lux doesn't really need to land her e and ult, she only has to land her q. same for ahri, you only have to land charm. etc.

and most mages are defined by their specific mix of dmg and cc vs aoe. it's not even utility, very few mids have any shields, let alone anything more interesting.

and they could be really cool cos utility scaling has been opened up since s3 and unfortunately kind of forgotten about it, but that could be a thing.

but mostly just be more creative

i want more tfs and more oris

so tl;dr
- less linear hard cc
- less burst, more consistent dmg
- utility scaling
- more unique utility (tf ult, lizzy self ult, syndra w)

I hope they turn Cass into a DPS mage again. Let Brand be the AoE DoT mage.

Lux would be really cool
and utterly broken
if they went with her original W.

What if there are utility skills that unlocked new effects after reaching certain amounts of AP?

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope they turn Cass into a DPS mage again. Let Brand be the AoE DoT mage.

Lux would be really cool
and utterly broken
if they went with her original W.

What if there are utility skills that unlocked new effects after reaching certain amounts of AP?
i think unlocking effects on ap numbers is an interesting idea but i dunno if i'd make that a class-wide thing. as a class-wide thing i just want more utility scaling overall. not every spell, but i'd like to see the ori w speed/slow get stronger with ap.

also i'd like to see an item that kind of extends range/aoe of spells. that'd be kind of broken tho, but i want that

and yea original lux w, man, that was a freaking cool spell

pigeon

Banned
I hope they find something cool for Vel'koz. I like feeling like the boss of a danmaku game. Lots of people on the board seem to think his W is meh but I think it actually interlocks really well with his Q pattern to cover a lot of space (and having two charges is a big deal). His E is the really blah spell.

New Vel E: cast it targeting a skillshot you already cast with Q or W and it fires a starburst around its current location.

jerd

I hope velkoz ult moves camera to first person and you can only zap ppl who are knocked up and its just a duck hunt mini game

Ferga

I get top so I first time graves. I mean, why not? High win rate.

I get my ass camped by a rammus and some random mid roams and tps but I still destroy the game.

What a broken champ, holy shit. No-one even came close to my damage.

Just 3 shotting people with Auto-Q-R even though I was down in levels.

Leezard

Caitlyn feels really strong right now. Her laning phase is about as strong as it has ever been and her late game is excellent.

With the abundance of Graves and other low range champs she can kite them really well.

jerd

Meddler said:
We're going to try and tackle Ryze before the mid year, we think he's enough of a problem we need to act sooner . Unclear whether that'll mean some degree of rework or just significant balance changes.

Ryze is gonna be the first champ to be removed from the game. They just can't get him right.

Too bad bc the machine gun spellcaster concept is great. They just need to give up on rune prison as an ability and give him something more dynamic or at least something that isn't so oppressive

garath

Man..khazix feels real nice with the new jump range. Now I'm not even sure I'd want to evolve E first anymore. The resets are still pretty huge though.

Played a nice game as him last night but couldn't carry. Went cleaver first. Probably should have stuck with ghostblade. It always felt like a good power spike.

faridmon

God I miss teambuilder. Hate the shoutings for lanes in normals. So many childish disputes going on and no one goes for supps.

Luckily I main supp, but eh...

jungle mains shouldn't have a hard time with knowing when to smite

What a ridiculous statement.

Isn't the trend that people get placed lower than they expect every season? If memory serves, there was a reddit thread for season 3 and 4 where people just said 'omg why did I get placed so low'.

Leezard

Isn't the trend that people get placed lower than they expect every season? If memory serves, there was a reddit thread for season 3 and 4 where people just said 'omg why did I get placed so low'.

There are always people that get placed low every season, just like there are always people who get placed high every season. The ones that get placed lower than they thought are just more likely to talk or complain about it.

jerd

I pulled up reddit every hour or so at work last night to see all the new salt threads about their placements. I don't think the reddit community as a whole understands the concept of seasons or the word "reset"

garath

Plus the MMR behind the placement records matters a lot. You could lose 4 in a row and have a bronze MMR and then win 2, lose 1, win 3 and probably end up placing a lot lower than you expect because your MMR would be low from those consecutive early losses. Compared to having 5/5 pattern of win/lose/win/lose you would stay around your soft reset MMR without big shifts one way or another.

Either way, it's not just your placements. Those first 50 or so games will give you the biggest swings as the system tries to gain confidence in your MMR. Don't sweat the initial placement as much as your overall performance in this early ranked season.

Talents

Banned
Does anyone know why Riot aren't just readding the old team builder while they fix the new one and dynamic queue? I haven't played a single game since the old team builder went down and apparently I won't be able to until they re add the new team builder.

23qwerty

Does anyone know why Riot aren't just readding the old team builder while they fix the new one and dynamic queue? I haven't played a single game since the old team builder went down and apparently I won't be able to until they re add the new team builder.
it kind of makes sense I guess because they're getting rid of it entirely yeah?

it kind of makes sense I guess because they're getting rid of it entirely yeah?

Getting rid of it because new champion select does a similar job.

However they haven't given us new champion select, so now we have nothing doing team builders job.

If new champ select was only down for a few hours it would be understandable, but it's been two days now.

holy shit the EU whining in that mobile app thread on reddit is legendary
and the windows phone whining

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle...ds_up_mobile_app_android_beta_beginning_soon/

Unfortunately the wider playerbase doesn't understand the logistics of why we test in NA and small regions before EUW/EUNE.

It's not a case of neglecting EU, it's just that the development team is in NA, so it's easier for a variety of reasons for the devs to fix issues on that server. They also usually pick a small server to go with it as any issues will affect a smaller number of players.

Unfortunately the wider playerbase doesn't understand the logistics of why we test in NA and small regions before EUW/EUNE.

It's not a case of neglecting EU, it's just that the development team is in NA, so it's easier for a variety of reasons for the devs to fix issues on that server. They also usually pick a small server to go with it as any issues will affect a smaller number of players.
Plus the EU server should be much bigger than NA, right? Bigger stress means more testing and all that.

We haven't yet started work on Zyra other than ideation, but one of the things we tended to be excited about was more plant interactions, like she brings the forest alive around her. Not sure where that means we're going to take her, but I am excited to see what the team comes up with.
Pls no trees
Strongly agree. I really don't think he'd be Malzahar without his E.
FUCK

Talents

Banned
New passive: When in the jungle, vines from the jungle walls attack enemies marked with her Q.

New W Passive: three hit auto to regain a seed charge.

God, I pray that there are no more "X" hit passives for at least another couple of champs after Jhin. Since I started playing when Velkoz was released, over half of the champions had some form of "X" hit passive.

pigeon

Banned
I like the idea of Zyra just randomly dropping invisible seeds everywhere she goes like a Johnny Appleseed of death. Then she becomes kind of a Singed nuke mage, she needs to draw you into her path and destroy you.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pls no trees

FUCK

doesn't mean he'll keep the space aids as it is today

for instance it could be made to act a bit less random or whatever

i still think it's a shitty spell that needs to go, but so is everything about him

he should probably have something that interacts with the voidling dude idk

Top Bottom