• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Nekofrog

Banned
Last night I did top/sup as my roles just to try it out again and yep, almost immediately queue popped and I was support.

:\

Like I don't mind, I like to play support. But if I put it as my secondary role, I'm going to get it too many times to justify putting it there in the first place.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kog'Maw is still broken right now, it's just that nobody plays him because he's boring ass stand still and auto.
i still can't understand the kogmaw rework

like graves and quinn, i think there were clearly some big mistakes there, but i can see where they were going and how these champions that were pretty mediocre before now got pretty unique identities

but kogmaw, he was perfectly fine, he might've been too weak or too strong, but he had his niche, he had a playstyle and a build, he had his fans and he had a really nice learning curve to him.

and they dumbed him down, removed a lot of the beauty of rapidfire attack move being just barely in range and on top of that he's like completely broken. except in pro play, where he's never ever played

i think he's probably my least favorite champion rework, if anything because he absolutely didn't need to be changed. like morde or ryze, they were shitty champions that needed a change, any change, and skarner idk, they tried something new, it's interesting

but like how "what if instead of attack moving you just stood still?" ever got out of that meeting room

Hiiiii, I got to take a two week break from League because I got busy with work and stuff. Finally decided to hop on and de-rust tonight a bit.

pIifPwV.png

Feels good, man. Feels good.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
QTpie having a meltdown in his chat over these dig games

Fracas

#fuckonami
I mean Rageblade is such a dumb item that I dunno if you can even call it weird

It's so gold efficient that even champs that really only benefit off the atk spd and ad like Twitch can build it and still wreck (though his e has a small ap ratio iirc)

Rageblade Tristana is the real freelo that no one's playing yet

Nekofrog

Banned
the biggest reason rageblade isn't seen more right now than it is is nobody wants to sit on a blasting wand that they can't use, and holding onto that 850 gold just feels awful. that in and of itself makes rageblade as balanced as it's going to get without actually hitting the numbers on it again.

what im trying to say is, thank your lucky stars it has a blasting wand in its build path

Talents

Banned
ok i hadn't seen the tf one

i totally support rito doing this splash replacement thing but this is hilarious lol

Is that fire around him? What does TF have to do with fire? Don't get why they changed the splash art for Muskateer TF tho, it was pretty good.

Blizzard

Banned
Last night I did top/sup as my roles just to try it out again and yep, almost immediately queue popped and I was support.

:\

Like I don't mind, I like to play support. But if I put it as my secondary role, I'm going to get it too many times to justify putting it there in the first place.
I've played a lot of ranked and I think I've literally NEVER put support as my secondary in solo queue and gotten the primary. It's got to be 99% or higher, and sometimes the queue will pop the secondary in under 0.5 sceonds.

Shen dropped off the face of the earth when ranged toplaners became a thing because his sustain was removed, and Irelia just can't win vs meta tops right now either. She doesn't have the damage to kill the tanks, and she dosen't have the tank stats to out tank the tanks, and finding ways to bypass their tank line is suicidal right now. Triforce attack speed removal and BORK nerf pretty much destroyed her in terms of the current meta champions in top.

edit: if only one of those aforementioned nerfs didn't happen, she'd still be pretty decent right now. Either attack speed on TF (yes, the 10% matters) or the %HP on bork. She'd be weaker, but still manageable. She'd still be able to keep megatanks somewhat in check.
According to champion.gg, Shen has over a 51% winrate top lane and is picked 4.69% of the time (higher than Volibear, Quinn, and Wukong, for comparison).

Joco

can someone explain these splash art changes to me? The League subreddit seems to be having a meltdown over it.

jerd

can someone explain these splash art changes to me? The League subreddit seems to be having a meltdown over it.

League subreddit has a meltdown over everything

Basically they want to unify splashes across regions since China has different splash arts that we do for a lot of champs. Some are better, some are worse, all are likely placeholders til they can be updated. If league subreddit goes 12 hours without shitting on riot though they turn into a goose or something so this is the best they got atm

zkylon

zkylewd
Is that fire around him? What does TF have to do with fire? Don't get why they changed the splash art for Muskateer TF tho, it was pretty good.
i think it was pretty bad but not worse than this one

probably they'll roll it back

some regions (china specially) had to have certain splashes changed because of local laws or customs

like china doesn't like skulls for some culture thing, i forget where it was but having cigars or wine (i dont get this cos like, gragas, but ok) would raise the rating to mature or whatever

so what they did way back when was do separate splashes for those regions. china also redid some splashes cos the originals were pretty bad cos it's china and they can do whatever they want

anyways, now some regions have different splashes than others, and that's really annoying for riot to support so they're standarizing them. china gets some of ours, we get some of theirs, no one gets cigars, etc.

they're picking the splashes that are less bad, but sometimes they're both bad, or sometimes ppl disagree with what they chose and sometimes they just goofed and pick something super random like that tf one

it makes sense considering how many different subassets they have to make for each individual splash (base splash, loading screen art, portrait, big new champ select art, big lcs banners, lcs champ select portraits, ban icons, etc.)

and it's not replacing actual redrawing the art but it's just a solution to this particular problem

League subreddit has a meltdown over everything

Basically they want to unify splashes across regions since China has different splash arts that we do for a lot of champs. Some are better, some are worse, all are likely placeholders til they can be updated. If league subreddit goes 12 hours without shitting on riot though they turn into a goose or something so this is the best they got atm
much better explained than me

basically reddit goes crazy over everything cos reddit is the source of all the negative bias of the universe

anyways

ff59175293527f521ad2469ec8f02202-d9y1ak8.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
According to champion.gg, Shen has over a 51% winrate top lane and is picked 4.69% of the time (higher than Volibear, Quinn, and Wukong, for comparison).

i explained that i personally find new shen uninteresting and liked his old kit, there might be a good amount of old shen mains out there that feel the same.

Blizzard

Banned
i explained that i personally find new shen uninteresting and liked his old kit, there might be a good amount of old shen mains out there that feel the same.
That's understandable. Maybe I should have indicated I was specifically replying to the "Shen dropped off the face of the earth" part since you said you had been out of the game for a while, and Shen is still played in the current meta, sorry for confusion.

So, way too early verdict on Rageblade Trist ...

... it's somewhere right now between "no discernable difference" and "sucks". Did less damage to enemy champs than normal, though I can see where the theorycrafting is (the Guinsoo's Rage passive proced with Runaan's could be nasty, plus the bonus damage to Trist's W, E and ult), but it just doesn't feel like the power spike delay on her is really worth it. Also doesn't add that much to her wave/tower clear power.

But I was also in a game with a Malz and Garen that were having a field day picking the enemy team apart.

Kalentan

I know I'm in the minority of this but... Honestly I really don't like a lot of the changes being made to this game this season. I understand no one wants long matches, but I feel that, in trying to make the game shorter, it just makes it so that matches are decided within the first 10 or so minutes, hell, in the case of matches I've played, decided within the first five.

Just overall I feel like the game has become far less enjoyable due to that. It rarely feels like there is every close or even matches, one team is always dominating the other.

jerd

I think the average game time has decreased by like two minutes or something. I don't personally feel like games are decided early the majority of the time but this isn't the first time I've heard it. My only real problem is between Harold and the second dragon buff and red buff on towers they go down crazy fast but riot has already said they want to make towers tougher so I'm not worried about it

I do think hour long games are all but dead praise the lord

Blizzard

Banned
I know I'm in the minority of this but... Honestly I really don't like a lot of the changes being made to this game this season. I understand no one wants long matches, but I feel that, in trying to make the game shorter, it just makes it so that matches are decided within the first 10 or so minutes, hell, in the case of matches I've played, decided within the first five.

Just overall I feel like the game has become far less enjoyable due to that. It rarely feels like there is every close or even matches, one team is always dominating the other.
In bronze and silver I still have 45-50 minute games or more every so often, even when people are trying to surrender. Had one just 2-3 days ago, like 54 minutes?

Bacon

Whatever happened to graves getting nerfed this patch? I'm surprised he's been able to survive this long without getting completely gutted

killatopak

Gold Member
Whatever happened to graves getting nerfed this patch? I'm surprised he's been able to survive this long without getting completely gutted

I think he got indirectly nerfed a bit. That Maw nerf should have hit him as well as warlord's bloodlust.

Top Bottom