• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

faridmon

Lol new mage items look nuts

http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.c...3EB-planned-69-mana-x-mp5-x-ap-x-mr-item-pass

One of them has a 300 range dash as an active

Also basically confirms that the mymu is in 6.9 so sooner than we thought

HOLY SHIT. Those are major.

Basically it may potentially make me enjoy Morgana for once. And Sona, Can't wait to try out these items.

The better question would be "why"

I have seen couple of adc is my matches going rageblade and thought maybe I could try it out.

Tizoc

Ayyyyyy lmao
Teemo_Splash_5.jpg
Srsly why even change the current one? It is fine as is

garath

I like majority of the mage item changes. I like the direction of some more actives to supplement gameplay and moving toward flat mana for offense and regen for defense. The infinite mana waveclear and poke of mages is pretty ridiculous.

However, they're pretty much nerfing MR itemization? It's lowered for every item but one? With all these new actives on short cool downs with 200+20% AP damage mages are going to be wrecking. Annie with that rocket belt and flash will decimate teams.

jerd

thats the most anti ryze thing ive heard

plus why do we want nasty burst for no effort

I give you a mastery system A-

Gross

I just thought about riot wanting him to have high highs and low lows and if he has to "charge" before he can unleash his machine gun then it could leave him pretty vulnerable. Except when he first gets to lane. And it would make him play super passive then just kill you. And it would make him super horrible like the entire mid-late game. And he couldn't stack tear

It's not perfect k get off my back bro

I like majority of the mage item changes. I like the direction of some more actives to supplement gameplay and moving toward flat mana for offense and regen for defense. The infinite mana waveclear and poke of mages is pretty ridiculous.

However, they're pretty much nerfing MR itemization? It's lowered for every item but one? With all these new actives on short cool downs with 200+20% AP damage mages are going to be wrecking. Annie with that rocket belt and flash will decimate teams.

they had to do something. the cost increase for AP items was hurting. This is one way to address the issue. We'll see if it's a good way or not.

faridmon

Yeah, Lux is gonna one shot tanks easily now.

With these changes I foresee Kass being a champ I might actually be able to play.

(Cause I have given up on trying to build current RoA. That shit takes too much time and gold)

The dash item could open things up a bit. Instead of feeling like you HAVE to run flash you may go for that as a core item (if it IS a core item in your build) and run something else.

With the Zhonya's nerf, I think they should add a AP QSS item. AP/Armor maybe Pen or CDR to take the spot of lifesteal of AD QSS.

I hated buildingrushing Zhonyas just to counter Zed ult neway. More flat mag pen couldnt hurt either when compared to AD pen. But pen on a defensive items sorta clashes doesnt it? idk.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
not sure how all these changes will pan out in reality but it looks good so far, more flexibility and options for mage builds will be great

like catalyst change will be great for top lane ap champs, finally we get sustain without having to do something dumb like Grasp of the undying

TheFlow

Banned
MY lux was on fire! but even my lux couldnt save our team. Roaming bard 1/11 trying to tell me how to play when I was 4/0/10 and mundo diving enemy team by himself.

also fuck the ekko tank meta. How do you go tank ekko and have 8 deaths against an all ad team.

drawkcaB

Not sure about the AP item update. Some of this looks like a bad idea. Xypherous going on the boards saying saying he anticipates lots of items to have issues is worrisome.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not sure about the AP item update. Some of this looks like a bad idea. Xypherous going on the boards saying saying he anticipates lots of items to have issues is worrisome.

he mentions some items might be scrapped if they don't test well on pbe tho

but yeah being just one month and a half or something it's a bit worrisome

zkylon

zkylewd
Ayyyyyy lmao
Srsly why even change the current one? It is fine as is

yea i don't get it either, generally when they change it for the worse they were at least both of questionable quality but western cottontail teemo is actually a nice, acceptable splash and this one is a lot uglier lol

wait holy shit gunblade has a 300 dmg nuke on a 30s cd?!

hello akali
the 30s cd stuff seems kind of insane, i don't think that stuff will remain 30s

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Mmmm yeah after reading the whole list a lot of those changes do seem really iffy and lower ap across the board isn't going to help

drawkcaB

he mentions some items might be scrapped if they don't test well on pbe tho

but yeah being just one month and a half or something it's a bit worrisome

And PBE is of course up to the task of determining if these changes work.

We're fucked.

Some of this stuff is extreme. It belongs in the S7 update. Game will be a complete clusterfuck just as some semblance of balance was coming back. Again. I'm getting tired of this cycle.

88c3634509273b3579dc16f29fe7e424.png

enemy team locks in raka. Sigh.

Hopefully they go super aggro on her.
7d937ea6c4ef5f3b620d08de929b2838.png

Went as expected. Couldn't do anything due to raka healing all our damage. Couldnt reach her cause she stayed in the back. Cait also wouldnt grp after raging with Thresh. Raka/Jhin were like 5/0/5 from laning. Cait like 0/4/0

Depending on the elo, Zed isn't worth a ban.

I only post that wn I'm mid. G1 I can't do nething with zed as vel. Even when I go armor runes/seekers for HG rush, before I get to HGI have to back since eh ults me and I have like 20 hp. I could play Malz but meh, Vel is more fun.

1-2 so far in plat promos.
================

Raka wouldnt even be such a problem if grievous wounds worked on her heals to some degree.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Rerolled Snow Bard, Northern Swain and Full Metal Rammus, got Super Rumble and Gentleman Gnar, don't know how to feel guys...

Still gatekeepers for Plat too strong, trying to climb as supp now. Learning some Zyra.

zkylon

zkylewd
And PBE is of course up to the task of determining if these changes work.

We're fucked.

Some of this stuff is extreme. It belongs in the S7 update. Game will be a complete clusterfuck just as some semblance of balance was coming back. Again. I'm getting tired of this cycle.
i think they might've missed the deadline for preseason with these changes cos midlane itemization has felt sucky all season long

it's gonna be fairly disruptive, specially cos some of these items look kind of abusable by tanks and ap bruisers, but we'll see

i don't think it's THAT big of a change since a lot of the core mid items stay the same. deathcap is the same, void staff is the same, azir will still build nashors+rylais, morellos are essentially the same. tear is probably gonna be more common but that's not that big of a deal

i think the timing is also pretty good since msi is probably gonna be played on 6.8 (i dunno if taric will be disabled) so putting a major patch after the big tournament is super reasonable

i'm ok with mid-season patches being a thing, i think it's a good time to break the game again in a smaller way

Happy Birthday Zky

tyty bae

Nida and Ekko are so disgusting right now.
game is in a less than ideal state for sure and those two are gonna get hit pretty hard

DRE Fei

lmao now annie is 100% pick/ban with that rocket belt item being in the game. Goodbye all immobile adcs when that item hits live because now every assassin will build it as well. Leblanc now has 4 dashes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think I might be most scared of Diana with another dash in all honesty.

Blizzard

Banned
Better hope it breaks stealth and isn't bugged somehow.

Can it jump small walls? Imagine ganks from all the champs who couldn't do that besides flash, into the river bush. Imagine Rengar and Talon with walljumps.

23qwerty

Better hope it breaks stealth and isn't bugged somehow.

Can it jump small walls? Imagine ganks from all the champs who couldn't do that besides flash, into the river bush. Imagine Rengar and Talon with walljumps.
It's vayne tumble length apparently so it shouldn't be able to?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What about Akali/Kassadin with another dash? What about Swain now with a dash? Vladimir? Better not play adc.
I don't feel like either of those champions are too limited by mobility where an extra dash would really be a game changer. On the other end of things...it's hard to see very low mobility champions seeing that much of a boost by investing into a dash over hard stats. I'm interested to see how these items work in practice, because it's just so hard to predict. I don't know that AD carries will see anything too much worse than now...a boost to mages hurts the potential for tanks to really itemize primarily against AD carries, so maybe there's more opportunity for them to really bring a more unique damage source to their team.

zkylon

zkylewd
Graves
New Destiny (Passive) **
AD Ratio on First hit changed to .7 - 1.0 from .75 - 1.1
Subsqeuent hits still deal 33% damage
Crit Bullets lowered to 6 from 8
Crit Bullet Spread changed to a 15 degree angle from 18 degree angle
[New] Critical Shot Bullets deal 140% damage
"Crit damage now scales this way rather than number of bullets (i.e IE increases this to 160% damage)"**
[NOTE: Few context tweets on these passive changes: 1, 2 , 3. ]
"tl;dr on what this does: Graves w/o crit does 7-10% less damage w/ autos, Graves w/ crit does sameish damage point blank and more at 425"

fairly big changes to push graves to build crit instead of tankiness

sounds like a good idea, dunno about the numbers

DRE Fei

I don't feel like either of those champions are too limited by mobility where an extra dash would really be a game changer. On the other end of things...it's hard to see very low mobility champions seeing that much of a boost by investing into a dash over hard stats. I'm interested to see how these items work in practice, because it's just so hard to predict. I don't know that AD carries will see anything too much worse than now...a boost to mages hurts the potential for tanks to really itemize primarily against AD carries, so maybe there's more opportunity for them to really bring a more unique damage source to their team.

I guess immobile adc can't get any worse anyway. If you're already in the garbage you can't go further into the garbage, you know? Well, I guess you can go to the absolute bottom of the trash can like Varus or MF. The reason someone like jhin can be relevant is because he can sit 1 mile away and fire his ult and w. They even had to compensate for this mobility creep game by giving him ridiculous AD.

Did I mention this rocket belt thing also gives health. Even if the item gave zero stats, it 100% breaks the game just from the active alone. It just happens to give 300 extra health, 80 AP and 10% cdr according to that post lmao. At least it doesn't go over walls right?

Mobility creep continues to force characters out.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess immobile adc can't get any worse anyway. If you're already in the garbage you can't go further into the garbage, you know? Well, I guess you can go to the absolute bottom of the trash can like Varus or MF. The reason someone like jhin can be relevant is because he can sit 1 mile away and fire his ult and w. They even had to compensate for this mobility creep game by giving him ridiculous AD.

Did I mention this rocket belt thing also gives health. Even if the item gave zero stats, it 100% breaks the game just from the active alone. It just happens to give 300 extra health, 80 AP and 10% cdr according to that post lmao. Mobility creep continues to force characters out.
What immobile ADCs are you talking about? 2 of the top 3 winrate ADCs are Kog'Maw and Ashe, for example (http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=ADC).

Top Bottom