• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

DRE Fei

Your claim had nothing to do with mobility items though. I agree that mobility items probably aren't good for the game too. You just stated immobile ADCs were currently in a horrible state, which basically just isn't true at all. I'm sorry but one person's random experience in Wood V doesn't top statistics taken over thousands of games.

And yeah, I'm not gonna deny that I said I was going to quit the game. Two patches ago, this game was in a horrible state.

Here comes the "Wood V" response. I was wondering how long it would take lmao.

Never change.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean...win rates are definitely not the only metric you should judge things by. Lee Sin has a pretty low win rate but I don't think many people would consider him to be one of the worst junglers in the game. Same goes for someone like Lucian...not the highest win rate, but clearly still a strong AD carry.

I'm sure I've posted about this before, but I don't find mobility to be what makes or breaks AD carries right now. Tristana is one of the most mobile AD carries in some ways, and she can't really get moving right now in the way that she used to. I would say there are very few AD carries that are in a completely rotten spot right now. It can be frustrating to play an AD carry lacking mobility in the mid-game around the 30 minute marker because of how the game plays right now, and with a focus on burning turrets there are fewer zones of safety and predictive vision for those immobile AD carry players to work with. I don't think that makes them weak though, or really puts them at that great of a disadvantage.

Quonny

3fW6Rnx.jpg

real talk tho you guys should be nicer to each other.

DRE Fei is putting his point across in a pretty immature and ineffective way, but there is some legitimacy in his point about immobile ADCs not being very effective right now. I think some of that is just the champions themselves having issues outside of their lack of mobility though.

Win rates aren't the be all and end all of any discussion around balance, but they are a good indicator.

Also, DRE Fei, I'm not sure what level you play at but anecdotal experience isn't usually the best indicator. It's useful to back up your arguments with some facts, especially if (like me) your anecdotal evidence is based around silver-gold level of play.
The problem is that he hasn't made a point at all. He made a claim and when he was asked to elaborate since some immobile ADCs have high winrates he goes straight into this passive aggressive hissy fit thing he's got going on.

And the claim also happens to be wrong. Immobile ADCs aren't in a bad spot. At all. They're just kinda annoying to play because of the current support meta, but I can't think of many ADCs that are actually terrible. Sure Jinx was overnerfed and Varus needs a new kit but Ashe is fine, Sivir is more than fine, Twitch is fine, Kog is stupid, etc. I don't see anything wrong with ADCs per se besides the top 3 broken champions and you know me, I'm the bitchiest ADC player of all GAF - well, maybe not anymore.

tl;dr I'm gonna go with ghost's "maybe you're just bad".

You can quote champion.gg numbers all you want, but I judge things based on what I see constantly in my games and what I believe to be strong in the genre as a whole.

yeah but if you're bad then your experience is pretty much worthless so idk why ur arguing so much about it.

Nekofrog

Banned
I forgot that everyone here was challenger already so I guess any elo lower than that doesn't matter. Bow down to almighty Ghost who sees and knows all.

i mean, i get what you're saying but i don't agree with it. the experience you may have in low elo (i'm not saying you, it's a general statement as I don't know your rank) can only really be applied to that elo. the way the game is played significantly changes the higher you go, and i don't just mean from silver to challenger.

some changes my be subtle, but it is different going from divisions and tiers. even in <whatever> 4 to <whatever> 1 you will see a change. some people might say the higher you go, the more correctly you see the game played, thus high elo experience trumps low elo experience.

i wouldn't know entirely if that's true, i'm just a plat 2 garbo player who is nearing all hope lost

Newt

I dunno Ghost is pretty intimidating I'm down to bow.

Ghost.

I forgot that everyone here was challenger already so I guess any elo lower than that doesn't matter. Bow down to almighty Ghost who sees and knows all.
It's not about elo, even a challenger player's experience probably won't paint an accurate depiction of the overall state of the game in terms of champion's strengths and weaknesses. It's true that a winrate isn't going to tell the entire story, but something like Kog being the highest winrate ADC basically disproves your weird exaggeration of immobile ADCs being bottom of the barrel picks.

pigeon

Banned
real talk tho you guys should be nicer to each other.

It's a League thread. I think there's like a valuable lesson here about adverse selection and the skill requirements of MOBAs.

I'm interested in seeing how these new items pan out but flash on an item feels like a weird choice to me, especially if you put it on an item that's basically a bundle of stats everybody wants anyway. I'm not sure it's an "opt in" at that point.

Is this newt's alt account? This is really great.

Why are you doing the thing where you ignore all the posts that are trying to be polite and reasonable in favor of responding only to the trolliest people in the thread?

I'm unclear on how you benefit.

DRE Fei

It's a League thread. I think there's like a valuable lesson here about adverse selection and the skill requirements of MOBAs.

I'm interested in seeing how these new items pan out but flash on an item feels like a weird choice to me, especially if you put it on an item that's basically a bundle of stats everybody wants anyway. I'm not sure it's an "opt in" at that point.

Why are you doing the thing where you ignore all the posts that are trying to be polite and reasonable in favor of responding only to the trolliest people in the thread?

I'm unclear on how you benefit.

I stated my thoughts on mobility and the state of the game. Someone then threw a bunch of op.gg stats at me and i said numbers aren't everything. Then I got called out by a hypocrite for being salty. Then the hypocrite and his buddy started pulling that rank e-peen shit.

Excuse me for being distracted. I'm not even looking for a fight, but when someone tries to call me out I will respond.

sorry m8 ill tone down my language for ur sensitive tumblr sensibilities.
See, now this shit is hilarious right here. Keep it up. You should really get into stand up comedy.

Newt

This is the true spirit of League of Legends though.

But on a serious note, I don't think this dude actually believes what he's saying. He's definitely just looking for reactions, but the topic is basically wrapped up at this point.

Nekofrog

Banned
I stated my thoughts on mobility and the state of the game. Someone then threw a bunch of op.gg stats at me and i said numbers aren't everything. Then I got called out by a hypocrite for being salty. Then the hypocrite and his buddy started pulling that rank e-peen shit.

You also got a decent reply or two that you pretty much ignored in favor of engaging a negative post when you could've done the opposite and expanded on your position while ignoring the negativity instead of antagonizing it further.

don't try and pretend your replies were saintly, because you kind of egged it all on

Nekofrog

Banned
Stardew Valley is a better test of skill.

i played it for about 4 days, almost finished the first season and then just said "eh" and closed it. think i'm done with it. is there something that increases movement speed? because it's killing my interest

kenbo

I don't mind the flash item

I'm surprised at how gold efficient and slot efficient it is

I think Riot should value the active more... In fact I think all the actives are a little too efficient

pigeon

Banned
i played it for about 4 days, almost finished the first season and then just said "eh" and closed it. think i'm done with it. is there something that increases movement speed? because it's killing my interest

Some food items will give you extra speed (notably coffee) and also you can build a stable and get a horse. There are also consumables later in the game that let you teleport to popular destinations (ocean, mountain, farm).

But travel is definitely a pain point in the game. The biggest problem I have with SDV right now is that every day I spend like five minutes paused with my inventory open just trying to decide what I'll do with my non-watering time that day because if I forget to bring the item I wanted to give to the girl or whatever it's like a whole hour gone.

Nekofrog

Banned
Some food items will give you extra speed (notably coffee) and also you can build a stable and get a horse. There are also consumables later in the game that let you teleport to popular destinations (ocean, mountain, farm).

But travel is definitely a pain point in the game. The biggest problem I have with SDV right now is that every day I spend like five minutes paused with my inventory open just trying to decide what I'll do with my non-watering time that day because if I forget to bring the item I wanted to give to the girl or whatever it's like a whole hour gone.

describes my experience pretty well. i'm not a big fan of open ended/sandbox games, so being presented with "you can do this, or you can do this, or you can do this, or you can do this, or you can..." and so on and so on and so on just makes me want to not do anything. Especially since I have to walk forever to do it.

DRE Fei

You also got a decent reply or two that you pretty much ignored in favor of engaging a negative post when you could've done the opposite and expanded on your position while ignoring the negativity instead of antagonizing it further.

don't try and pretend your replies were saintly, because you kind of egged it all on

My responses definitely weren't saintly, but I thought it was right for the situation.

My point was that from an overall design perspective, adding more mobility to the game through items doesn't solve the issues the game currently has. It only makes things worse because champions that are designed around being immobile now no longer have that as a weakness with this new rocket belt thing. If you don't think that's a problem, then we'll have to agree to disagree because I see it as a major issue with the game in the future. If it becomes a mandatory buy due to how good it is, then we are in a worse position than we were before on the mobility creep issue.

Why couldn't it be like that black market brawlers item that required you to auto attack the person before you could use it to kite away? At least that item was restricted in some way.

So everyone just gets free movement now with this rocket belt? Even champs that aren't designed to have it? How do you balance that? Do you make the mobility or the stats really bad? Do you nerf the champs that abuse it the most (which could be a lot)? Why put it in the game if you have to destroy it to prevent people from abusing it?

patchday

Wow been LoL free for 11 days now according to na.op.gg. Keep thinking any day now I will wake up in the morning and my favorite heroes will call me back but hasn't happened quite yet

I am kinda thinking I should hop in and play Lissandra. I keep seeing her used in LCS a lot.

Why is she such a hot pick yall think? Sorry I know this not LCS thread but its' been on my mind. I am guessing it's cause she's so versatile (can hop over walls, freeze herself for healing, etc)

Because it's an experimental item. The idea behind the belt is to allow for sidestepping plays, not giving extra dashes to people that shouldn't have it.

It's not something that will necessarily stick, and if you read Xyph's posts on the official post you'd see that he's very aware that the item might not work and will just delete it in that case. No need to lose your head over it.
The item is gonna get tested for a long time on the PBE.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I think Riot should value the active more... In fact I think all the actives are a little too efficient
I would imagine they want to incentivize people buying the actives because they're more interesting to see in play, and probably for many players to use. It makes the balancing act difficult I would imagine.

DRE Fei

Because it's an experimental item. The idea behind the belt is to allow for sidestepping plays, not giving extra dashes to people that shouldn't have it.

It's not something that will necessarily stick, and if you read Xyph's posts on the official post you'd see that he's very aware that the item might not work and will just delete it in that case. No need to lose your head over it.
The item is gonna get tested for a long time on the PBE.

You'd lose your head over it if a troll called you a troll. lmao get off your high horse.

I'm simply agreeing with rito themselves on the huge disruptive potential of the item. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

BTW, there already have been things on PBE that people thought would never make it to live, but they did. Remember release Ekko? What about rageblade?

Just because they say it's experimental doesn't mean it will get cut.

jerd

Yeah def too efficient. Riot said they wanted the actives to be really powerful but in that case they may have to sacrifice raw stats a bit. 300 base damage on gunblade is pretty high for example

Top Bottom