• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Blizzard

Banned
You know what? You're right. Win rate means everything.

Hextech Rocket Belt Draven it is. I welcome 6.9 patch with open arms.
When you said, "I guess immobile adc can't get any worse anyway," that implies immobile ADCs are bad in pretty much every way possible, right? Am I misunderstanding that?

Winrate is one aspect of ADCs (an aspect that can get better or worse), and so I asked specifically which champions you felt were being unfairly treated. If you feel Draven has it bad for example, consider that Tristana and Lucian (both mobile) have lower winrates. Obviously that's just one aspect and in Lucian's case his popularity probably drives it down, but I'm suggesting there's more it than mobility and asking which champions "can't get any worse".

Neol

Not really feeling the changes to the AP items. The catalyst line seems pretty cool though.

Also happy birthday zky

Leezard

g9Wxvsi.png

This game looked much worse in the beginning than it actually turned out.

Irelia was losing hard against Jax and Shyvana got 4-0 early. Quinn and Irelia got 2v1'd by Jax a couple of times in top lane, so he was 6-2 and had a tower quite early in the game.

Luckily, Lissandra won lane against Fizz quite well, and I won trades 1v2 against Sivir and Soraka in bot lane. Corki barely had to do anything this game.

After a while we just 3 and 4 manned Jax and Shyvana and the enemies crumbled. Fizz, Sivir and Soraka were non-factors. Irelia and Quinn became useful, at least.

DRE Fei

When you said, "I guess immobile adc can't get any worse anyway," that implies immobile ADCs are bad in pretty much every way possible, right? Am I misunderstanding that?

Winrate is one aspect of ADCs (an aspect that can get better or worse), and so I asked specifically which champions you felt were being unfairly treated. If you feel Draven has it bad for example, consider that Tristana and Lucian (both mobile) have lower winrates. Obviously that's just one aspect and in Lucian's case his popularity probably drives it down, but I'm suggesting there's more it than mobility and asking which champions "can't get any worse".

It's ok man I agree with you. Everything is fine.

I welcome our new assassin meta overlords to the rift. 6.9 patch will be a return to the glory days and we will be all better off because of it.

Every fight, a squishy will get jumped on and 1-shot, but it's ok because tanks counter burst right? Just pick a bunch of tanks to protect your squishies.

Except now Gragas/Ekko has an extra dash and still can't die, but it's all good cuz #LCSBIGPLAYS.

Everyone gets a dash now. It's cool. I was wrong all along. Why play around a champ's intended low mobility weakness? Just buy an item to cover your bad spots and it's all good.

drawkcaB

You know what? You're right. Win rate means everything.

Hextech Rocket Belt Draven it is. I welcome 6.9 patch with open arms.

It's always hard to accept that hard data doesn't fit one's views.

I mean, why would anyone accept data collected from thousands and thousands of games when that person can just sit in their echo chamber of choice?

DRE Fei

It's always hard to accept that hard data doesn't fit one's views.

I mean, why would anyone accept data collected from thousands and thousands of games when that person can just sit in their echo chamber of choice?

Did you read any of my other posts? I now embrace the numbers. All decisions from this point forward should be based on the almighty win rate.

I take back everything I said. This new item is amazing for the game. I can't wait to get dash stunned every 30 seconds. It's how league should be played.

Bacon

Did you read any of my other posts? I now embrace the numbers. All decisions from this point forward should be based on the almighty win rate.

I take back everything I said. This new item is amazing for the game. I can't wait to get dash stunned every 30 seconds. It's how league should be played.

Maybe you should cool it on the doom and gloom until we actually see it in a real game instead of imaginary bullshit in your head

kenbo

BKB so salty adcs can stop whining and 1v5 the game instead

Then they realise assassins, bruisers and juggernauts got BKB too and can't be peeled lolll

Its fun to tunnel vision on your own class in balance discussions

maybe ur just bad at the game

Newt is like a toxicity vampire

Speaking of immobile ADCs I can't tell if this is a buff or a nerf
Strut (W) **
Attack Speed duration increased to 4 seconds from 3 seconds.
Cooldown increased to 14 seconds from 8 seconds
Cooldown now begins ON CAST rather than when buff expiries!
[effect removed] No longer gains extended duration by applying Love Tap
[new effect] While Strut is on cooldown, applying Love Tap will reduce its remaining cooldown time by 2 seconds

Oh I'm stupid, I thought the cooldown reduction was for the passive, duh. Yeah that's hella nice specially since it goes on CD immediatly so if you love tap enough you'll just chain Ws

They should probably do with her what they did to Taric by scaling down how much she resets Strut per Love Tap as she gets CDR

It's like they forgot Reaver is a thing.

DRE Fei

Everyone will have equal access to the broken stuff. There's no reason for you to be salty boys.

Deadnames - Fire
Breezy - Air
This guy - Water

Btw, didn't you just get on here not too long ago in emo mode talking about how you're quitting league for a while? It's really funny how you're all high and mighty now. Isn't it crazy how things go?

Newt

Everyone will have equal access to the broken stuff. There's no reason for you to be salty boys.

Btw, didn't you just get on here not too long ago in emo mode talking about how you're quitting league for a while? It's really funny how you're all high and mighty now. Isn't it crazy how things go?
Yeah, I'm high and mighty and edgy as hell.

Nice to meet you too.

Opiate is gone now, so I guess the tone of the thread has significantly changed. Which I'm fine with.

You make dumb posts, so you're gonna get called out for it.

DRE Fei

Yeah, I'm high and mighty and edgy as hell.

Nice to meet you too.

Maybe I came off a bit harsh.

Maybe I should play some bard jungle or whatever nonsense to get back on your good side?

Like, if I don't like a champ my teammate is picking I can just "teach them a lesson" so they know not to mess with me. It's ok though, I never troll in chat, so I won't get banned by rito.

It's like watching one of those shitty horror movies where a mad scientist creates a monster and then the monster escapes and kills the creator

Newt

It's like watching one of those shitty horror movies where a mad scientist creates a monster and then the monster escapes and kills the creator
Dude, Frankenstein isn't shitty.

Maybe I came off a bit harsh.

Maybe I should play some bard jungle or whatever nonsense to get back on your good side?

Like, if I don't like a champ my teammate is picking I can just "teach them a lesson" so they know not to mess with me. It's ok though, I never troll in chat, so I won't get banned by rito.
To get on my good side, maybe back up your posts with some evidence. If you say shit like "Immobile ADCs are already at the bottom of the barrel" and then someone brings up winrates and you go all "hurr durr lol winrates" you're gonna get called out for that shit.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
when you set up your adc so he can carry by giving him the kills and then he whines about how his team is useless and he's carrying so hard

at least we won tho

DRE Fei

Dude, Frankenstein isn't shitty.

To get on my good side, maybe back up your posts with some evidence. If you say shit like "Immobile ADCs are already at the bottom of the barrel" and then someone brings up winrates and you go all "hurr durr lol winrates" you're gonna get called out for that shit.

You can quote champion.gg numbers all you want, but I judge things based on what I see constantly in my games and what I believe to be strong in the genre as a whole. Statistics are great but I'm more concerned with what I see on a day to day basis and where I see this game going in the future. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the mobility issue because I believe that adding mobility through items is a horrible idea for the game and creates more problems than it solves.

I was shocked to see you try to (poorly) call me out for being salty after you got on the forums to publicly state that you're quitting the game, which is the saltiest most emo approach imaginable. You're the same person who brags about trolling his teammates in champ select. C'mon son, you should know better than that.

real talk tho you guys should be nicer to each other.

DRE Fei is putting his point across in a pretty immature and ineffective way, but there is some legitimacy in his point about immobile ADCs not being very effective right now. I think some of that is just the champions themselves having issues outside of their lack of mobility though.

Win rates aren't the be all and end all of any discussion around balance, but they are a good indicator.

Also, DRE Fei, I'm not sure what level you play at but anecdotal experience isn't usually the best indicator. It's useful to back up your arguments with some facts, especially if (like me) your anecdotal evidence is based around silver-gold level of play.

Newt

Your claim had nothing to do with mobility items though. I agree that mobility items probably aren't good for the game too. You just stated immobile ADCs were currently in a horrible state, which basically just isn't true at all. I'm sorry but one person's random experience in Wood V doesn't top statistics taken over thousands of games.

And yeah, I'm not gonna deny that I said I was going to quit the game. Two patches ago, this game was in a horrible state.

Anyways, I think you and I could be great friends.

Sometimes I just bring out the worst in people.

Top Bottom