• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

kenbo

My responses definitely weren't saintly, but I thought it was right for the situation.

My point was that from an overall design perspective, adding more mobility to the game through items doesn't solve the issues the game currently has. It only makes things worse because champions that are designed around being immobile now no longer have that as a weakness with this new rocket belt thing. If you don't think that's a problem, then we'll have to agree to disagree because I see it as a major issue with the game in the future. If it becomes a mandatory buy due to how good it is, then we are in a worse position than we were before on the mobility creep issue.

Why couldn't it be like that black market brawlers item that required you to auto attack the person before you could use it to kite away? At least that item was restricted in some way.

So everyone just gets free movement now with this rocket belt? Even champs that aren't designed to have it? How do you balance that? Do you make the mobility or the stats really bad? Do you nerf the champs that abuse it the most (which could be a lot)? Why put it in the game if you have to destroy it to prevent people from abusing it?
They get a weakness

Its (and should be more so) less slot or gold efficient

You pay for that mobility in opportunity cost

Quonny

Combine costs for items need to be higher while base components need to be cheaper, imo.

Slot efficiency vs cost efficiency is a bit out of whack.

DRE Fei

They get a weakness

Its (and should be more so) less slot or gold efficient

You pay for that mobility in opportunity cost

How gold/slot efficient?

Unless it costs a ridiculous amount of gold (which it won't) many will abuse it.

Do you really think rito will put an item like this into the game and basically make it unattractive for most to buy? That doesn't make sense. WOTA is being removed in the update because basically only vladimir bought it. They want the new item to be good because otherwise it's a waste of development time and resources.

Jarsonot

Got my rank tonight - Bronze 3...

Got some climbing to do. I know ya can't blame others for loss etc etc, but um... Can't you? Really?

Like, I realize I'm not good enough to carry the team. I can usually hold my own in lane without feeding, but sometimes I get pushed back to my tower, definitely NOT winning my lane. So I definitely know I have room for improvement. But I usually, ya know, hold my own.

It really feels sometimes that some of these losses are not my fault. Maybe if I was pro challenger skillz I could turn the game around, but at my level man, I try to hold my own and help out when I can, if I can...

Question! Do you go through promos every season fresh, or do you keep your previous rank?

The level of denial you have achieved is really astounding.

Am I now living in an alternate universe where this isn't trolling/insulting? Are you still on your high horse despite very easy to find evidence?

I didn't even claim to be a saint.
why do u keep saying im on a high horse lmao

idgaf what you think when u straight up told summons who just provided some evidence to refute whatever dumbass claim u made to fuck off

o yea dw that's about 3 hours before i showed up and called u exactly what u were but im sure u wont let a little fact like time get in the way of ur crusade against anyone that challenges ur reality.

Ferga

Combine costs for items need to be higher while base components need to be cheaper, imo.

Slot efficiency vs cost efficiency is a bit out of whack.

Then they'll actually have to buff completed items. I already see high elo adcs stay on a bf sword and build zeal because it gives better laning stats.

Skipping the full essence reaver buy to buy a full zeal is a no brainer

You can't have a bunch of people just running 3 zeals, BF sword, large rods and longs swords around the map.

kenbo

How gold/slot efficient?

Unless it costs a ridiculous amount of gold (which it won't) many will abuse it.

Do you really think rito will put an item like this into the game and basically make it unattractive for most to buy? That doesn't make sense. WOTA is being removed in the update because basically only vladimir bought it. They want the new item to be good because otherwise it's a waste of development time and resources.
Err
I think you don't understand this at all

Stats + active = value

Its not supposed to be unattractive, it's value is meant to be in line compared to other items with just stats

DRE Fei

why do u keep saying im on a high horse lmao

idgaf what you think when u straight up told summons who just provided some evidence to refute whatever dumbass claim u made to fuck off

o yea dw that's about 3 hours before i showed up and called u exactly what u were but im sure u wont let a little fact like time get in the way of ur crusade against anyone that challenges ur reality.

I never told anyone to fuck off. I simply gave my concerns about the new item. Some people found it annoying,. You're the one who came in here calling me a bronze noob as if you're better than anyone else. You really need to let the e-peen stuff go. It's not a good look.

Err
I think you don't understand this at all

Stats + active = value

Its not supposed to be unattractive, it's value is meant to be in line compared to other items with just stats

My point is that depending on how good the active mobility is, it' could be extremely attractive to many champions based on the fundamental change that it brings even if the other stats aren't that great.

I guess immobile adc can't get any worse anyway. If you're already in the garbage you can't go further into the garbage, you know? Well, I guess you can go to the absolute bottom of the trash can like Varus or MF. The reason someone like jhin can be relevant is because he can sit 1 mile away and fire his ult and w. They even had to compensate for this mobility creep game by giving him ridiculous AD.

Did I mention this rocket belt thing also gives health. Even if the item gave zero stats, it 100% breaks the game just from the active alone. It just happens to give 300 extra health, 80 AP and 10% cdr according to that post lmao. At least it doesn't go over walls right?

Mobility creep continues to force characters out.
What about Akali/Kassadin with another dash? What about Swain now with a dash? Vladimir? Better not play adc.
lmao now annie is 100% pick/ban with that rocket belt item being in the game. Goodbye all immobile adcs when that item hits live because now every assassin will build it as well. Leblanc now has 4 dashes.

Did you read any of my other posts? I now embrace the numbers. All decisions from this point forward should be based on the almighty win rate.

I take back everything I said. This new item is amazing for the game. I can't wait to get dash stunned every 30 seconds. It's how league should be played.
It's ok man I agree with you. Everything is fine.

I welcome our new assassin meta overlords to the rift. 6.9 patch will be a return to the glory days and we will be all better off because of it.

Every fight, a squishy will get jumped on and 1-shot, but it's ok because tanks counter burst right? Just pick a bunch of tanks to protect your squishies.

Except now Gragas/Ekko has an extra dash and still can't die, but it's all good cuz #LCSBIGPLAYS.

Everyone gets a dash now. It's cool. I was wrong all along. Why play around a champ's intended low mobility weakness? Just buy an item to cover your bad spots and it's all good.
Why shouldn't it make it out of the PBE? It's such a great design desicion. Welcome change.

"concern" guys

JulianImp

So I ended up using my IP for Taric in preparation for his fabulous update, since he looks more interesting, flashy and with with a more visible impact in the game with his new kit. I was laughing when I saw 5th era Taric for sale a while ago, but now I'm wishing I had gotten it.

One thing we were discussing with zky a day or two ago is that it's kind of weird how reworked champions don't get their prices updated at all despite the considerable time and effort that gets devoted into remaking their kits, stats and assets (models, animations, particles, VOs). I wouldn't be thrilled with having to pay 4800/6300 IP for a post-rework champion, but at the same time I guess the delay between the announcement and the moment when the new champion becomes available in the public servers would work like a pre-order period for those whoe might be interested in the reworked champion, and joining LoL after a champion's price gets re-adjusted up wouldn't be so feel-bad in the end, either.

Neol

Look at all those posts where I tell people to fuck off and tell them they have no skill. OMG I'm so toxic. Such evidence in your quote war ghost. You really are the best.

Listen man. I know these guys can be mean at times.

But you do come off as a sarcastic asshole and in general having that type of tone gives a very demeaning and degrading impression on all of us. Its even worse because it came off Blizzard supporting his viewpoints with well typed statements and references to win rates. Whether you agree with him or not there is a way of doing it without sounding so high and mighty.

Yes this is the internet and yes shitposts are expected but when there is a discussion that actually requires some thought into then you should be somewhat serious when discussing your viewpoints. Having statements like "Except now Gragas/Ekko has an extra dash and still can't die, but it's all good cuz #LCSBIGPLAYS." and "Did you read any of my other posts? I now embrace the numbers. All decisions from this point forward should be based on the almighty win rate." doesn't really help your case.

DRE Fei

Listen man. I know these guys can be mean at times.

But you do come off as a sarcastic asshole and in general having that type of tone gives a very demeaning and degrading impression on all of us. Its even worse because it came off Blizzard supporting his viewpoints with well typed statements and references to win rates. Whether you agree with him or not there is a way of doing it without sounding so high and mighty.

Yes this is the internet and yes shitposts are expected but when there is a discussion that actually requires some thought into then you should be somewhat serious when discussing your viewpoints. Having statements like "Except now Gragas/Ekko has an extra dash and still can't die, but it's all good cuz #LCSBIGPLAYS." and "Did you read any of my other posts? I now embrace the numbers. All decisions from this point forward should be based on the almighty win rate." doesn't really help your case.

This ghost guy started attacking me out of nowhere when I wasn't even talking to him in the first place. Same thing goes for Newt. Even after I elaborated on my point about my concerns for the game, ghost responds with a shitpost quoting a bunch of stuff to try to prove his point. The only point he proved was that he doesn't know how to read.

Listen, if someone wants to call me out as being childish and whiny, don't be a hypocrite. Don't call people bronze noob if you want to be taken seriously.

I don't know why you keep trying to change the subject of what people say to you. Every time someone wants a concrete answer, you immediately shift to something else so you can maintain your snide "I'm better than you," attitude behind passive-aggressive posturing and immediate reprisals when people don't respond with appeasement.

You keep saying that I'm E-Peen posturing, but I literally only made two posts about that. Once because you posted 4 salty comments on how immobile ADCs would be rendered obsolete by Hextech Rocket Belt and another time because you immediately deflected with the "challenjour" argument made by every silver shitter ever in this game. No shit I'm gonna ask for credentials when you spout bullshit like Hextech Rocket Belt making immobile ADCs irrelevant when time and again, that's been proven untrue simply by the virtue that League of Legends is a Team Game, so excuse me for thinking you're talking out of your ass for posting something like "annie 100% pick ban 1!111!!!!" when Kalista and Jinx literally had to be nerfed into Evelynn status in order to stop them from being ridiculously powerful picks for the last year of the game or how Varus had been heavily contested in the Eastern Competitive Scene for his massive range, safety, CC and poke in mid.

That's not even going into your obsession with the moral high ground, which clearly nobody but you cares about. If your feelings were hurt, boo hoo, get over it. I'd have imagined that coming from the FGC, which I know for a fact regularly shits on each other harder than anyone in the LoL OT, you'd have some thicker skin than to get mad over me calling you bad. Then you try to justify your responses with meaningless shit like "appropriate for the situation."

I literally have no idea who you are or where you came from other than seeing your posts sometimes in the SFV OT but you post like a petulant child and your inability to get over something someone said to you several hours ago is irritating. Post your salty shit somewhere else so people don't have to read an entire page of you whining about how League of Legends is ruined because of an item that isn't even out yet.
This ghost guy started attacking me out of nowhere when I wasn't even talking to him in the first place. Same thing goes for Newt. Even after I elaborated on my point about my concerns for the game, ghost responds with a shitpost quoting a bunch of stuff to try to prove his point. The only point he proved was that he doesn't know how to read.

Listen, if someone wants to call me out as being childish and whiny, don't be a hypocrite. Don't call people bronze noob if you want to be taken seriously.
Oh yeah and this? Pretty much proving my point. Nobody likes reading a whiny little shit complain about what-ifs.

giphy.gif

You guys should just settle this once and for all with a Zed 1v1 mirror matchup.

DRE Fei

I don't know why you keep trying to change the subject of what people say to you. Every time someone wants a concrete answer, you immediately shift to something else so you can maintain your snide "I'm better than you," attitude behind passive-aggressive posturing and immediate reprisals when people don't respond with appeasement.

You keep saying that I'm E-Peen posturing, but I literally only made two posts about that. Once because you posted 4 salty comments on how immobile ADCs would be rendered obsolete by Hextech Rocket Belt and another time because you immediately deflected with the "challenjour" argument made by every silver shitter ever in this game. No shit I'm gonna ask for credentials when you spout bullshit like Hextech Rocket Belt making immobile ADCs irrelevant when time and again, that's been proven untrue simply by the virtue that League of Legends is a Team Game, so excuse me for thinking you're talking out of your ass for posting something like "annie 100% pick ban 1!111!!!!" when Kalista and Jinx literally had to be nerfed into Evelynn status in order to stop them from being ridiculously powerful picks for the last year of the game or how Varus had been heavily contested in the Eastern Competitive Scene for his massive range, safety, CC and poke in mid.

That's not even going into your obsession with the moral high ground, which clearly nobody but you cares about. If your feelings were hurt, boo hoo, get over it. I'd have imagined that coming from the FGC, which I know for a fact regularly shits on each other harder than anyone in the LoL OT, you'd have some thicker skin than to get mad over me calling you bad. Then you try to justify your responses with meaningless shit like "appropriate for the situation."

I literally have no idea who you are or where you came from other than seeing your posts sometimes in the SFV OT but you post like a petulant child and your inability to get over something someone said to you several hours ago is irritating. Post your salty shit somewhere else so people don't have to read an entire page of you whining about how League of Legends is ruined because of an item that isn't even out yet.

I just find it hilarious that you said I told everyone to fuck off and then quoted a bunch of bullshit that didn't prove your point in an attempt to look cool in front of everyone. I'm just pointing out your inconsistency while you ignore my detailed post about where I think the game is heading.

Keep telling yourself whatever you want though.

Oh yeah and this? Pretty much proving my point. Nobody likes reading a whiny little shit complain about what-ifs.
See? More schoolyard insults while pretending to have the moral high ground. It's just irritating.

Another massive losing streak where no matter what, I can't seem to get going. 50 LP in Bronze V looks like it's my ceiling. I just end up winning and getting like 10 LP and losing 20 LP every loss.

Neol

AP Malphite is a counterpick to AP Nasus, math checks out.

I have no idea whether this is true. How would anybody even know

Malphite is pretty bursty when built AP.

Back when DFG was still alive mid malph could one shot squishes all day.

Newt

Yo guys, Ocho and Ghost are doing a Soraka 1v1 in order to determine best support GAF. Game is up for spectate.

drawkcaB

I really hope when they say "Ryze, Yorick, and 1 more" that's not the actual order. Ryze has actually seen substantial play throughout the years until it became evident, time and time again, that his kits were busted. Yorick has been in the fucking doghouse for years now. Fuck Ryze. Give priority to champion(s) that never got any spotlight what-so-ever.

Blizzard

Banned
I really hope when they say "Ryze, Yorick, and 1 more" that's not the actual order. Ryze has actually seen substantial play throughout the years until it became evident, time and time again, that his kits were busted. Yorick has been in the fucking doghouse for years now. Fuck Ryze. Give priority to champion(s) that never got any spotlight what-so-ever.
If Yorick is changed significantly, sure. His ghosts are one of the most annoying things in the game (even trying to target them with A-move or whatever).

zkylon

zkylewd
y3mNXbAUdCzfbgK5h-xrnFhWaOKfhiI6zk8OV7Vol8LPpDgxBA6vQMUQ-SSU5NFzFAOjybYWE8eP_wWFJ-WlBhCI-_QvahpAcytSMJ2XCvMwAzlZkZshjZDNSN_4kUw9k18byV4UseXtgMgc7TU3nJJST9VQRZAmqjUTs9y6rsvnKc

i take ONE night off for a birthday party and this is what you people do with the thread

shame on you

shame

stop trolling each other and converse like civilized people god damn it

and pigeon, ffs, you don't need to spend like 2 hours in the menu screen trying to figure out your day. just give people flowers until they love you. i'm literally dating everyone available for dating in the game right now and i still got time to milk the cows

get your freaking act together you dumbos

patchday

So I ended up using my IP for Taric in preparation for his fabulous update, since he looks more interesting, flashy and with with a more visible impact in the game with his new kit. I was laughing when I saw 5th era Taric for sale a while ago, but now I'm wishing I had gotten it.

One thing we were discussing with zky a day or two ago is that it's kind of weird how reworked champions don't get their prices updated at all despite the considerable time and effort that gets devoted into remaking their kits, stats and assets (models, animations, particles, VOs). I wouldn't be thrilled with having to pay 4800/6300 IP for a post-rework champion, but at the same time I guess the delay between the announcement and the moment when the new champion becomes available in the public servers would work like a pre-order period for those whoe might be interested in the reworked champion, and joining LoL after a champion's price gets re-adjusted up wouldn't be so feel-bad in the end, either.

Nah they make tons of money from skins (remember Project skins was so popular the store was shutdown). If they announced the price (IP) was going up it would only screw over new players. Older players would simply hussle and put together the measly 1350 IP or whatever Taric costs

Ferga

I don't think new taric works well as a support.

He does insanely well with gold and cdr tank items. Because of this, he's going to be impossible to balance because his E and R are too insane for a frontlining bruiser tank.

Press R before you go into 5 people, stun, use the passive accordingly to manage your cooldowns and you become a god.

I'm thinking about ludens, sunfire jungle taric at the moment. Seems strong as hell in my head.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think new taric works well as a support.

He does insanely well with gold and cdr tank items. Because of this, he's going to be impossible to balance because his E and R are too insane for a frontlining bruiser tank.

Press R before you go into 5 people, stun, use the passive accordingly to manage your cooldowns and you become a god.

I'm thinking about ludens, sunfire jungle taric at the moment. Seems strong as hell in my head.
Why luden's over runic echoes in the jungle?

Top Bottom