• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
the video of the korean girl screaming over getting bronze 5 while hojin eats a cake in the background is pretty fantastic

korea is truly the greatest of countries

23qwerty

Someone must have reported I guess? Would a mod even just happen to be checking up on the thread? Possibly I guess. Seems a bit questionable to ban people for arguing in a community thread when probably no one really in said community (presumably) thought they should be banned

I just plopped down 10 bucks for RP for some hextech dice rolling. (I actually want some champs cause IP is a bitch to earn)

First thing I get is traditional Trundle .. a skin I ACTUALLY REALLY WANTED but couldn't get cause it's not in the store and you had to have had him before his VU to get it I think.

Worth the 10 bucks I say.
iq5mLix.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Someone must have reported I guess? Would a mod even just happen to be checking up on the thread? Possibly I guess. Seems a bit questionable to ban people for arguing in a community thread when probably no one really in said community (presumably) thought they should be banned

its prolly a two week ban for being dumb

being civil not too hard

Newt

Someone definitely PMed mods. Also I agree they should be banned, but max 1 month. Any longer than that is overkill imo.

Newt

So how do I get hextech annie on EUW? And yes I'm willing to throw some money at it.
Buy as many chests and keys as possible.

1. Hope that you get a hextech Annie shard.

2. Hope that you get the X amount of special gems needed to unlock her.

Your chances aren't good though.

it was a pretty ridiculous argument though.

Leezard

The other day I talked about how I felt Nami was strong against Soraka, but was met with some doubts about actual statistics.

I just looked at champion.gg (still last patch) and it turns out Nami is in top 5 best counters (top2 according to champion.gg statistical rating). It's still over 50% for Soraka, which is simple to explain by her being overtuned.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out this patch.

Newt

If Soraka was balanced she would be a good counterpick yeah. I think her winrates against Soraka is overall negative though.

Leezard

If Soraka was balanced she would be a good counterpick yeah. I think her winrates against Soraka is overall negative though.

Yup, I edited the post to reflect that. Soraka is overpowered right now with over 50% win rate against everything, but Nami is still one of the best picks against her.

zkylon

zkylewd
according to xypherous, there's plans make more items down the line that build off lost chapter, maybe some more aimed at poke mages, some more aimed at assassins, etc.

i like that idea, lost chapter is cool and it'd be nice to have some other options than morellos

generally these mage items look pretty good, more playmaking actives is very nice

Leezard

according to xypherous, there's plans make more items down the line that build off lost chapter, maybe some more aimed at poke mages, some more aimed at assassins, etc.

i like that idea, lost chapter is cool and it'd be nice to have some other options than morellos

generally these mage items look pretty good, more playmaking actives is very nice

Yeah, I think more actives in general is nice.

Tried it earlier but didn't work. Apparently Firefox tries to autoappend it.

I loaded m.neogaf.com which was ok. Then somehow it made everything work normally.

Leezard

Tried it earlier but didn't work. Apparently Firefox tries to autoappend it.

I loaded m.neogaf.com which was ok. Then somehow it made everything work normally.

You might have to clear cookies or something before you remove the s from https.

You got it to work anyway, but if someone else is having the same issue they might find it useful.

I never thought I'd see the day I stopped regretting owning that edgelord Morg skin, that splash rocks and hopefully she'll actually look like that someday

Also zky see, I learned my lesson, I didn't get myself banned, yay me. I hope ghost didn't get perma'd

Riot considering reverting the GW nerf, about fucking time. You can't complain about healers being stupid when you remove one of their forms of counterplay.

Leezard

Riot considering reverting the GW nerf, about fucking time. You can't complain about healers being stupid when you remove one of their forms of counterplay.
I think the GW nerf was fine, only Soraka is out of line. Nerf Soraka's numbers, keep GW as-is. Just cut all her numbers by 20-30% or so. :^)
oh wait we have a mod now? holy shit
I wonder if it's full time modding or just PM modding. Both cases are fine though.

garath

I haven't checked this thread since yesterday morning. Reading the last 4 pages in a row is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

For the record though, I think an item that gives a dash is a terrible idea. Especially if it does aoe damage + ap% at the end. Dr dre's salt was annoying to read but hes right that the item looks like garbage.

The only way it could be remotely balanced is if it is a waste of a slot. No stats at all. Only active. But there's a game for that already.

It's not going to change the state of ADCs that much though. We've been living in league of mobility for awhile and making do. Good positioning makes a lot of difference. Team comp and good supports as well.

I think the GW nerf was fine, only Soraka is out of line. Nerf Soraka's numbers, keep GW as-is. Just cut all her numbers by 20-30% or so. :^)
Well sure, she's the only one out of line now, but the moment Ali becomes a competent healer and needs to be nerfed then GW is necessary.

Honestly, self heals only GW and Windspeakers can't coexist.

Leezard

Well sure, she's the only one out of line now, but the moment Ali becomes a competent healer and needs to be nerfed then GW is necessary.

Honestly, self heals only GW and Windspeakers can't coexist.

Ali should always be focused on small aoe heals, if he is healing a single target so much you'd need GW to reduce the heal then something is clearly wrong with his numbers. Did his ally healing not go down to 33% recently or did that not go through to live?

I don't see the issue with self-heal only GW and Windspeakers. Making GW stronger again would probably be ok and seems more likely to happen than gutting Soraka, but I still think GW only affecting self-heals is not the issue, it just revealed the issue with Soraka.

What do you guys think about Mundo?

I haven't really seen him in ages and I think it might be cool to climb back up the ranks with a bullsh*t champ.

Any idea on whether it is really worth going Titanic on him?

EDIT: Holy crap. I leave this threat for a day and we have a god damn meltdown. I feel like EUW. Never there for anything cool.

Ali should always be focused on small aoe heals, if he is healing a single target so much you'd need GW to reduce the heal then something is clearly wrong with his numbers. Did his ally healing not go down to 33% recently or did that not go through to live?

I don't see the issue with self-heal only GW and Windspeakers. Making GW stronger again would probably be ok and seems more likely to happen than gutting Soraka, but I still think GW only affecting self-heals is not the issue, it just revealed the issue with Soraka.
My point is GW exacerbates what makes Soraka stupid and I'm obviously biased so gut that shit instead of my plague goat dang it

(On that note I'm not a fan of Mortal Reminder in a game where GW reduces all heals either. Rito pls)

it's a really interesting design conundrum. GW was originally created as a means to keep Vlad, Mundo, Swain etc. in check, though an imperfect solution. Primarily self-healers. However since the change it's become apparent that there's an outlier in Soraka that makes the GW situation a little bit harder to figure out.

Players want a dedicated healer in League, but I don't think (personally speaking, not a designer) that we've found a way to make that not binary as fuck. Like, either her numbers make her a good healer and she's OP or they're not good enough and she's shit. I think GW being the way it is stops the third scenario from happening, i.e. her heals are great but you have a way to itemise against her to curb that. The only thing is that also affects champions like Nami, and to a lesser extent Janna, Taric, Alistar etc.

I would be for reverting the GW change, but the underlying fundamental issue continues to be a dedicated healer in League which we absolutely haven't solved.

Leezard

My point is GW exacerbates what makes Soraka stupid and I'm obviously biased so gut that shit instead of my plague goat dang it

(On that note I'm not a fan of Mortal Reminder in a game where GW reduces all heals either. Rito pls)
it's a really interesting design conundrum. GW was originally created as a means to keep Vlad, Mundo, Swain etc. in check, though an imperfect solution. Primarily self-healers. However since the change it's become apparent that there's an outlier in Soraka that makes the GW situation a little bit harder to figure out.

Players want a dedicated healer in League, but I don't think (personally speaking, not a designer) that we've found a way to make that not binary as fuck. Like, either her numbers make her a good healer and she's OP or they're not good enough and she's shit. I think GW being the way it is stops the third scenario from happening, i.e. her heals are great but you have a way to itemise against her to curb that. The only thing is that also affects champions like Nami, and to a lesser extent Janna, Taric, Alistar etc.

I would be for reverting the GW change, but the underlying fundamental issue continues to be a dedicated healer in League which we absolutely haven't solved.

I think you describe it well, Phillip. I think there are reasonable ways to balance Soraka, either reduce her strengths or increase her weaknesses; reduce her healing by say 15% or make her heal cost like 15% max health to make her more risky.

It sure looks like the third scenario kinda will happen since GW is probably getting reverted. As you say, this means that all other non-problem healers will become weaker without it being needed. People can pick Ignite to counter Soraka, sure. Most of the times people just pick Ignite for the increased kill pressure and reduce the healing of the non-problem healers for "free", without actually picking the summoner spell for that reason specifically. Morellonomicon is common and does a lot of reduce healing for free as well. Executioner's calling is not very common, but I guess it will become a must-buy against Soraka if GW is changed, so she'll get all her healing reduced by 40% on any targets. Nobody will buy executioner's calling against other healers though, I guess.

I think having GW as a counter to self-healers is fine and all that's really needed.

Top Bottom