• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Leezard

Do you guys see a lot of Maokai when you play? He seems pretty popular in pro but I don't ever remember seeing him when I play.

I have a friend who likes to play Maokai right now, so I see him now and again. It seems to work quite well.

I don't see many others play him right now though.

zkylon

zkylewd
my brother went to a league store (apparently there are league stores here? probably not very legit lol) and was like "hey u got anything lux for zky" and the guy hands him a leona keychain and whelp i got no league birthday present lol

there's a comically ugly chinese knockoff ahri statue (pardon, "arri") a couple blocks from my place i would maybe be interested in if it was cheaper just cos it's so dumb looking lol

Ascension is live but i feel like that mode kinda sucked right?

ascension mostly sucked cos the "win the game without the other team killing xerath" icon achievement thing drove people to afk as soon as the other team got ascended

thankfully rito learned their lesson on their first and last attempt at achievements (silly graves/tf thing aside that was pretty much just passively earned just from playing, and as such was harmless)

i don't think it was the most popular mode either way

Newt

I would legit quit the thread if Zky became mod. Like I only put Zky slightly above Ghost as like ability to be a good mod.

I wouldn't mind drawkcaB or Pigeon being mods.

I myself would not make a good mod for NeoGAF though. Too into troll posts.

Jarsonot

Kid has a makeup baseball practice tonight. Chances are I won't be on :/

Don't be afraid. we have people from all walks of elo.

I'm a bronze shitter and I've played a few of them. Nobody really cares, or they dont say anything even if they do.

Definitely try to jump in them if you can. They can be good learning experiences and most people are bronze-gold so it's not like there's a massive skill gap. I played like a sub-30 tier janna last time i played and even ghost was pretty cool about it

Alright, sounds good. If I can I'll try to make it. =)

garath

Yeah, it was somebody in the second game, and it was in-team, didn't feel like trash talk. I honestly am not sure who it was.

But I appreciate that it's not cool! I was bummed at the time, like, I may be silver trash but we're all supposed to pretend that it's not true in the inhouse because we don't see metal. Next time I'll say something at the time.

I take it back, let's bronze the house down.

Yeah. Anyone that is seriously calling someone else trash in an in-house is a reject and I would not want to play with them. A little fun trash talk is fine but we have players from all different elos and a lot of us are playing less utilized champs and just trying to have a fun time with our internet friends. Don't feel oppressed friends!

Edwardo

Hey I'll be home from work like a half hour after that inhouse start time. I'll join in if y'all r taking forever to start it up.

Def gonna play something fun tonight ;D

Talents

Banned
Ayy back to diamond after only 44 games *flex*

dP2uH1n.jpg

Xeilyn

So i just started playing this a couple of days ago and its a load of fun. I tried it a bit like 3 years ago and it didnt really click but after 600 hours of Smite(like 75% arena and siege, so very casual) and a bunch of Paragon lately i feel a bit more confident.

I gotta say though, the transition from third person to this perspective is really hard to get used to. In teamfights i panic and lose track of my champion and my map awareness is awful.

I have actually only played against bots and a bunch of ARAM+Ascension to get a better feel for teamfights. Will try a classic match against real players soon i guess...

So i just started playing this a couple of days ago and its a load of fun. I tried it a bit like 3 years ago and it didnt really click but after 600 hours of Smite(like 75% arena and siege, so very casual) and a bunch of Paragon lately i feel a bit more confident.

I gotta say though, the transition from third person to this perspective is really hard to get used to. In teamfights i panic and lose track of my champion and my map awareness is awful.

I have actually only played against bots and a bunch of ARAM+Ascension to get a better feel for teamfights. Will try a classic match against real players soon i guess...
I think you need to gain a few levels before you can play PVP SR? Anyways welcome to the best worst game.

TheFlow

Banned
Got my first S+ this season and earned a chest? lol. I played adc and had a good support.

we tilted their bot lane in all chat. I had exhaust and flash.

our thresh was 7/0/14 at their nexus lol

jerd

We've been on a pretty solid every 2 week schedule for a while now in terms of patches. I'd say the Wednesday after next is a safe bet and mymu will go onto pbe the night before

Nekofrog

Banned
if i were a mod, the first thing i would do is change everyone's avatar to dimb's avatar because lulu is great. the second thing i would do is hold costy's gaf account hostage until irelia got queen level buffs.

Talents

Banned
if i were a mod, the first thing i would do is change everyone's avatar to dimb's avatar because lulu is great. the second thing i would do is hold costy's gaf account hostage until irelia got queen level buffs.

Fuck that shit, Irelia is the cancer of top lane. She's the original version of the current tanks. Unkillable but also shits out damage.

patchday

Yeah isometric view has that disadvantage however you'll find the top-down allows League and others of its' ilk to have much more complicated heroes and it's easy to use Teleport spells.

On the bad side, you'll have to get use to picking summoner skills. And there's way less game modes in League than something like Smite

I've been playing a lot Arena, etc in Smite. Great game with huge variety of modes.

Top Bottom