• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

doesn't mean he'll keep the space aids as it is today

for instance it could be made to act a bit less random or whatever

i still think it's a shitty spell that needs to go, but so is everything about him

he should probably have something that interacts with the voidling dude idk

Tbf Space Aids is basically his identity. More so than his ult and the voidlings. It's the one thing you need to actually pay attention to when laning against him.

I wouldn't mind if they made his voidlings more interesting. Maybe give them more permanence and visible impact. However, I would rather they left his E as it is. Q, W and E they can do whatever they want with.

Newt

Hey guys, I'll be probably be hosting another inhouse today, especially if dynamic queue doesn't come back up. It'll probably be around 6:30 est.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tbf Space Aids is basically his identity. More so than his ult and the voidlings. It's the one thing you need to actually pay attention to when laning against him.

I wouldn't mind if they made his voidlings more interesting. Maybe give them more permanence and visible impact. However, I would rather they left his E as it is. Q, W and E they can do whatever they want with.
i mean, poppy's ult was her identity but that thing was still awful

if space aids was a bit more predictable (as in, has a jumping indicator or something) that'd be better. would be cool if there was a mechanic to shake it off or something too, make it less so of a "oops i got a bit too close now a third of my health is gone and malz player didn't even have to do anything"

I wouldn't mind space aids if it was more interactive. Remove the mana regen bullshit for starters
Hey guys, I'll be probably be hosting another inhouse today, especially if dynamic queue doesn't come back up. It'll probably be around 6:30 est.
I'm down to clown if I'm still on by then

garath

That's really close to my time to play. I'm usually on between 6:45 and 7. If you're still looking for people I'll hop in for sure.

pigeon

Banned
The fun part of Malz E is the jumping from stuff to other stuff so maybe just slice its base damage by a bunch and have it do extra damage after a jump. Then Malz walking up and Eing you is less interesting but if he can put it on your minion and bounce it to you it really sucks for you.

Well, a random Evelyn tanked my Illaoi like I was some sort of Word of Warcraft raid boss, hitting, evading the tenctacles, hitting again, and evading all my attack by running around me. I died

zkylon

zkylewd
The fun part of Malz E is the jumping from stuff to other stuff so maybe just slice its base damage by a bunch and have it do extra damage after a jump. Then Malz walking up and Eing you is less interesting but if he can put it on your minion and bounce it to you it really sucks for you.

ehh, i don't think that's too interesting either tho

i think it'd be nice if it space aids spreading was more dependant on malzahar actually doing something

like i can imagine space aids getting stronger if he lands other spells or deals a lot of dmg or whatever and growing into like a big aoe thing that slows ppl around it or whatever

would be cool too if malzahar had the voidling replace his basic attack and if it's killed he goes into melee or something like that. voidling is much faster and only attacks once before going back to malz and then going out again. if u kill it you hurt malz a lot but if u don't the little guy grows stronger and stronger, eventually cleaving in an aoe with his autos and whatnot

i dunno, there's some cool stuff to be done around malz

i mean, poppy's ult was her identity but that thing was still awful

if space aids was a bit more predictable (as in, has a jumping indicator or something) that'd be better. would be cool if there was a mechanic to shake it off or something too, make it less so of a "oops i got a bit too close now a third of my health is gone and malz player didn't even have to do anything"

I dunno. It's not hard to just stand away from the purple glowing minion. I don't really see the problem as it is right now. I've never noticed it being particularly unpredictable, though I've played a lot of Malz in the past so I'm used to it.

zkylon

zkylewd
dont get me wrong. malzahar has a shit kit that's pretty easy to play against. it's not hard to stay away from space aids for sure, you'll get hit a couple times out of carelessness/greed but it's easy

that being said it's dumb that a champion can deal dmg without doing anything. you don't have to aim or put yourself in danger or anything, you just throw the e at a dying minion, last hit and hope for the best

that's terrible design

Casanova

I don't know what to think about the ranking system. I was Silver last season, I go 8-2 in my placements and get placed into B5. B5?!?

About to climb the ladder I guess. What the hell, Riot?

Nekofrog

Banned
now i really, really, really wish i had time to do my placements just to see how low i drop. i've heard wide ranges, from people at my elo (plat3) doing well in placements and dropping to silver, gold, and staying plat. like all over the map.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know what to think about the ranking system. I was Silver last season, I go 8-2 in my placements and get placed into B5. B5?!?

outch

even if ur elo was really bad last season that's really weird

sounds like a bug, maybe reach out to someone at riot support

now i really, really, really wish i had time to do my placements just to see how low i drop. i've heard wide ranges, from people at my elo (plat3) doing well in placements and dropping to silver, gold, and staying plat. like all over the map.
isn't that always the same tho

Damn that sucks.

Im going to wait a few weeks to play ranked.
Like i got gold 5 last season, so i will probably get like silver 4/3 and then climb again.
In lucky that i have never had to see what bronze is like.

zkylon

zkylewd
interesting stuff from meddler on mages:
- velkoz rework is gonna be really small
- they might add fiora-like minigames, they're not sure
- ryze changes before mid of the year
- they considered syndra but they're planning on some qol stuff instead

i still don't get why rito hates syndra so much but w/e

5020618857.png

o baby

interesting stuff from meddler on mages:
- velkoz rework is gonna be really small
- they might add fiora-like minigames, they're not sure
- ryze changes before mid of the year
- they considered syndra but they're planning on some qol stuff instead

i still don't get why rito hates syndra so much but w/e
Syndra's kit is fine, I just wish she had a passive,

Quonny

Syndra should have Tristana's passive but for her spells.

riskier earlier but if you let her get strong you pay the price

HowZatOZ

Banned
Anyone else's friends list just disappear completely? Moved house and all, turn computer on and no friends :(

Edit: Nevermind I was stupid and had offline friends set to not show. Fuck moving, my brain is mush.

I managed to crawl to Bronze III last season and before that I was placed Bronze 1, I guess those S ratings on my victories didnt help at all. It sucks because my friends are gold and cant help me reach silver to play with them

jerd

I managed to crawl to Bronze III last season and before that I was placed Bronze 1, I guess those S ratings on my victories didnt help at all. It sucks because my friends are gold and cant help me reach silver to play with them

S ranks don't effect mmr but if it makes you feel better you'll probably get 30+ lp for wins and lose 12 lp or so for losses

People tend to forget that it's stupid easy to climb after placements

I guess i'll get a few warmups in then jump into these placement matches.

What are proper bans at Gold/Silver elo these days? Just so I know in case I end up drafting

Top Bottom