• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Casanova

outch

even if ur elo was really bad last season that's really weird

sounds like a bug, maybe reach out to someone at riot support

isn't that always the same tho

I just don't get it.

My last 5 games of placements (below)... all wins. Even if I had an extremely low ELO, I would think that their algorithm would detect that it was rather easy for me to carry the games - and that they would place accordingly.

On a related and equally as frustrating note, do all B5 players pick the champs who they are least familiar with for ranked matches - like is it some kind of challenge/boredom thing?

"lol first time Rammus" is what I hear after my second loss in B5... maybe I actually do deserve this rank. Lol

Last 5 wins of placements. Ended 8-2 overall

10 / 5 / 8

13 / 7 / 4

19 / 8 / 11

8 / 8 / 16

18 / 10 / 7

pigeon

Banned
What's your summoner name?

Pretty sure the algorithm has no idea how well you did in the game beyond the fact that you won. All it knows is the MMR of everybody in the game had and approximately the odds of victory given that information. That's generally how ELO-based systems work.

Bacon

Trixk2g on the master yi in his game right now:

"He's a little fuckboy all he's doing is afk in his jungle trying to get sated"

Huh. Sounds familiar dog I wonder where he learned that one from?

Newt

Why can't I invite Ghost wtf. We're both in placements.
Fa7QTjD.png

zkylon

zkylewd
finally got league ot 10 closed

Syndra's kit is fine, I just wish she had a passive,
i wish her passive was a bit more meaningful, but i like the concept as she's a specially power spike reliant champion. her 6 and 9 and 11 and 16 are so big that it feels cool that she gets a bit of an extra oopmh when she maxes her spells. but yeah, i wish it was more interesting

lmao

I just don't get it.

My last 5 games of placements (below)... all wins. Even if I had an extremely low ELO, I would think that their algorithm would detect that it was rather easy for me to carry the games - and that they would place accordingly.

On a related and equally as frustrating note, do all B5 players pick the champs who they are least familiar with for ranked matches - like is it some kind of challenge/boredom thing?

"lol first time Rammus" is what I hear after my second loss in B5... maybe I actually do deserve this rank. Lol

Last 5 wins of placements. Ended 8-2 overall

10 / 5 / 8

13 / 7 / 4

19 / 8 / 11

8 / 8 / 16

18 / 10 / 7
ur kda doesn't matter so don't really look at that

try contacting rito support, you sholdn't be in bronze 5 lol

jerd

I got 22 in wins, 19 on loses so......

Weird that sucks. 6-7 divisions below my previous rank has been the standard for me the past couple of seasons going 6-4 and 5-5 but it comes with super high lp gains.

Anyway if you don't deserve to be there you should get to enjoy some pretty easy games for a while. I know a lot of people were disappointed in their placements but I feel like everyones expectations were way out of check going in. If you get placed within 5 divisions of where you were at the end of preseason you should consider yourself lucky in my experience

Zynx

Played against a Malzahar/Sion bottlane today as Jinx/Lux. Was pretty obnoxious, we kept getting shoved in, and Sion would push a infected minion right into us and transfering space aids to us that way.

i wish her passive was a bit more meaningful, but i like the concept as she's a specially power spike reliant champion. her 6 and 9 and 11 and 16 are so big that it feels cool that she gets a bit of an extra oopmh when she maxes her spells. but yeah, i wish it was more interesting
Concept is cool, execution is nonexistant. Damage, slow duration, cone size and range are things you get from leveling skills anyways, she just gets locked out of those until max rank and calls it a passive instead of getting cooler effects like making her spheres pulse periodic AoE damage while placed or something.

JulianImp

I got into Silver 3 during preseason after I went 4/6 in my placement matches, and then fell to 4 after losing several games in a row. Things might've changed for this season's league placements, though.

I'll probably go back to playing normals while I slowly practice going mid before returning to ranked, since I felt like I wasn't able to pull my weight all that much as a support, and my horribly small champion pool across non-support roles meant I always struggled when sup was taken by somebody else. Luckily, the new two-role system means I can just focus on practicing a single secondary role rather than risking having to plead not to be put into jungle duty.

Weird that sucks. 6-7 divisions below my previous rank has been the standard for me the past couple of seasons going 6-4 and 5-5 but it comes with super high lp gains.

Anyway if you don't deserve to be there you should get to enjoy some pretty easy games for a while. I know a lot of people were disappointed in their placements but I feel like everyones expectations were way out of check going in. If you get placed within 5 divisions of where you were at the end of preseason you should consider yourself lucky in my experience

I am in Bronze V, again so I dont really care about losing but I got confused when I won my first match in Bronze V, cool 22 IP, then the mext match I lose -18IP, I am in 2 points of IP right now. Like why, I am in the pretty bottom of the rank system, yet the system punish me already like I am in the higher ranks.

Like let me climb to Bronze III or II and punish me like that in those ranks, not in Bronze V.

zkylon

zkylewd
Concept is cool, execution is nonexistant. Damage, slow duration, cone size and range are things you get from leveling skills anyways, she just gets locked out of those until max rank and calls it a passive instead of getting cooler effects like making her spheres pulse periodic AoE damage while placed or something.

i made a couple suggestions earlier but yea, extra utility would be nice specially to help her scale into lategame since that's when she struggles most

that being said i like her as a lane bully the most so i'm not sure if i'd like sacrificing part of that for it

zkylon

zkylewd
Statikk and the other folks working on the mage update will be talking in detail about why these particular champs. At a high level our goal with these class updates is to increase distinction between characters. With the mage update especially we're also looking at some champions that are distinct, but when functional aren't healthy for the game or are in an ok spot already but have a fair bit of untapped potential for differentiation.

Ought to bring more distinct things to a team:
  • Vel'Koz - Really distinct to play as, cohesive, feels fair to play against. Doesn't bring enough distinct to a team though, so lacks a clear strategic niche or specialized tool offered. Goal with him will be to offer clearer situations where he's the right pick when you want AP poke.
  • Brand - Pretty similar to Vel'Koz overall, in that he lacks a clear enough niche, so primary gameplay argument for picking him is when he's the most damaging AOE mage. Needs a somewhat more distinct toolkit basically.

Distinct, but have significant game health challenges:
  • Vlad - Does distinct things, but can be really unhealthy. Work on Vlad's going to involve a lot of 'how do we preserve the core of what he does while adding ways to play against him'.
  • Malz - More game health issues than anything else. Counterplay's not great in particular, with Malz needing to just click on you and kill you given his squishiness, immobility, lack of reach, vulnerability to item system counters. Has a lot of distinctive stuff going on though.

Untapped potential/Confused identities:
  • Cass - Confused identity, unclear niche (sustained damage almost marksmen like pattern, versus poison spreading potential, versus stacking power, versus counter initiator etc). Work on Cass will need to start with constructing a clear picture of what her concept should be (suspect that'll include stripping out the stacking gameplay, though that's a guess).
  • Zyra - Does reasonably distinctive things, but has the potential for quite a bit more. Also ends up either a strong bully or struggling to function a bit too often.

Finally, as with the marksman update in preseason, we'll also be making some small tweaks to a number of other mages at the same time as these bigger changes (things like the Q reset on Twitch for example).

copy pasta of meddler post

sounds ok, malzahar and vlad are both terrible design and cass, zyra and velkoz deserve better and brand is just lame

i hope there's small changes for other champions too tho, similarly to how ashe or ezreal got some slight modernizations to their kits.

background.jpg

the only good leeg art is riot art

imagine if they did like a shader that made the game look like that for a week

That art is gorgeous look at Morg <3 I really wish they kept the dress pink instead of making it more purple, I think it would've looked so much better with a stronger red colour but oh well. I'm gonna still pick it up. Did they change these things from community suggestions?

Joco

Apparently I'm worse at this game than I thought. Started playing end of season 5, mostly normal where I have about a 50% winrate. Played ranked preseason for the 10 promo matches and got placed in Silver IV. Now did the 10 matches again and went 1-9 and placed in Bronze V.

I know I'm not great but I didn't think I was that bad lol.

Newt

Apparently I'm worse at this game than I thought. Started playing end of season 5, mostly normal where I have about a 50% winrate. Played ranked preseason for the 10 promo matches and got placed in Silver IV. Now did the 10 matches again and went 1-9 and placed in Bronze V.

You're not that bad. 50% of all ranked players are currently in bronze.

kenbo

Yeah everybody is just supposed to climb now. Your old MMR is still there... ish. since you lost 9 you might have a little more work to do

Moonlight

Banned
Went up against the worst Akali as Ahri. Kept trying to run at me before minions even spawned so I kept auto-attacking and throwing orbs and got her down to almost half by the time we actually started pushing lanes while she just got her dinky combo projectile off on me for like 5% of my HP. Laning wasn't much better for her. She couldn't do anything to handle my harass at all besides her invisibility field and I kept attacking her in the windows where she revealed herself anyways, lol. Leveled fast and equalized pretty much every other lane after I got my first big purchase.

It's not really gonna do anything for my bad habits as Ahri, but it helped boost my confidence a little, lol.

Calvero

Banned
I keep encountering this bug where I'll enter the game, but every action requires a double click, except movement. Item buys, auto attacks, spell activation, moving the camera doesn't work unless i double click mini-map, can't even lock camera movement. The only way to fix it has been to quit the game and reconnect.. Has anybody encountered that?

jerd

I went to look up Hecarim's win rate right now and it actually crushed me.

Hec is bugged. I don't remember exactly what it is but i think e>ult through and push them backwards doesn't work rn. It's some key part of his kit. They said will be fixed in 6.2 or sooner

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hec is bugged. I don't remember exactly what it is but i think e>ult through and push them backwards doesn't work rn. It's some key part of his kit. They said will be fixed in 6.2 or sooner
Interesting. I was surprised it was that low, but that bug is pretty egregious.

Leezard

The bug is that he won't get the bonus damage from his E applied to his ult target if he ults during his E now.

two questions, how do you deal with a volibear??? and how do you deal with a naut top? cause.. idk guy doesnt die. guy deals damage. idk. I don't understand how for a fucking tank volibear deals so much damage.

I already see how this season is gonna go, I'm in this game with a katarina in mid with runic echos, wanna kill myself.

two questions, how do you deal with a volibear??? and how do you deal with a naut top? cause.. idk guy doesnt die. guy deals damage. idk. I don't understand how for a fucking tank volibear deals so much damage.

Depends on the type of champion you pick. If your champion pool consist of duelists, you can buy an executioner's calling to stop his passive. I build it against certain sustain match-ups and build towards other items.

Fiora is really good against Volibear.

yknow, I said it before and I'll say it again, if I have to deal with having either a jax, yi (both with rageblade), mundo, garen, darius or some ish in every game in ranked, might as well quit league. Now that season 6 has rolled around and dropped me into bronze cesspool, I have to deal with those aaaand toxic bronze assholes.

Top Bottom