• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Newt

00cde0e4208e927ee71baf89bb9d2c62.png

You win this round.

When is it better to take Ghost over Flash?

The only champs I see with Ghost are Olaf and Pony (And that one feeder Jinx in that one game).

I've enjoyed it in the handful of games I've played her lately.

I really miss her S5 kit though. The caster-hypercarry combo was a blast to play.
Trist is already hard pressed for damage as it is, Rageblade makes her mid game even worse and her late game not that much better. Without IE you deal zero damage to tanks until you get arpen which you're only gonna get as your fourth item or so, but then you sacrifice a BF item and your damage again goes to shit.

I'm never building this thing again lol - or play ADC in the foreseeable future, holy hell that was frustrating.

Blizzard

Banned
Is anyone seeing 5-15 minute queues for silver on the NA server recently? I'm assuming either fewer people are playing the game or Riot adjusted the system. It (plus last-second dodges) makes it even harder for people to grind ranked games.

I thought silver would be where a lot of people are, too.

jerd

The normal I just played was the longest queue I've had in a while and it was like 5 min. Mostly been around 2 min or less. I actually thought queues were getting faster

Nekofrog

Banned
Is anyone seeing 5-15 minute queues for silver on the NA server recently? I'm assuming either fewer people are playing the game or Riot adjusted the system. It (plus last-second dodges) makes it even harder for people to grind ranked games.

ever since i started doing solo q again, my queues have been longer on average than with rex or newt, during the same time periods

it's actually gotten worse this week

Blizzard

Banned
I figure key fragments have to be resetting soon. I opened my first 4 chests but now I'm up to 4 new chests and still 0 key fragments.

zkylon

zkylewd
m12526364088.jpg

i like these skt designs a lot, you get easyhoon, broccoli hair, more appropriate champions for bang and wolf (i guess alistar is ok too but i love that tahm kench design) and elise just looks adorable

Blizzard

Banned
33 min victory
11/0/8, 247 CS (44 higher than the next person)

S... What does it take to get S+?!
I don't think it matters what your teammates did that game -- it matters what Riot expects (or the average is) for your specific champion. And maybe your specific role.

KDA and CS is just part of it, but you also have wards purchased/placed, items bought, damage done, game time, etc. Any or all of those might be a factor as far as I know.

Random example, I got an S+ today:
morg6rqp1.png

Luigi87

I don't think it matters what your teammates did that game -- it matters what Riot expects (or the average is) for your specific champion. And maybe your specific role.

KDA and CS is just part of it, but you also have wards purchased/placed, items bought, damage done, game time, etc. Any or all of those might be a factor as far as I know.

Random example, I got an S+ today:
[.img]http://abload.de/img/morg6rqp1.png[/img]

I suppose so. Irelia is my main, but I rarely ever get a perfect game with her.

you actually do damage instead of ksing everyone
FuNk6v8.jpg

Try again

Blizzard

Banned
I suppose so. Irelia is my main, but I rarely ever get a perfect game with her.

FuNk6v8.jpg

Try again
Looking at the game summary on op.gg, some guesses:
  • Your kill participation was 51% (my S+ had over 60% but I was support)
  • You only placed 12 wards in 33 minutes. Even the Darius that got stomped placed 13 wards.
  • You only bought 1 vision ward (maybe you needed 2 or something)
  • You didn't upgrade your trinket (this isn't strictly necessary, but a bunch of people seem to think it helps)
When I googled it, some people were suggesting Irelia S+ is pretty tough to get.

Luigi87

• You only placed 12 wards in 33 minutes. Even the Darius that got stomped placed 13 wards.
  • You didn't upgrade your trinket (this isn't strictly necessary, but a bunch of people seem to think it helps)
When I googled it, some people were suggesting Irelia S+ is pretty tough to get.

Hm, you could be right about the warding. I def. need to start buying more Vision Wards, especially when my first is taken out.

my next guess was gonna be kill participation

S is a good score by any measure though

garath

This week has been really bad. Monday night I complained that I was in queue for almost 15 minutes (with one dodge thrown in there h 5 min before, 10 min after give or take) for ranked. I'm only gold IV. This was prime time 7est too.

Warding more would have probably gotten you the +.

jerd

Warding super important to those grades I think. I get Ss quite a bit and ward and farm is practically all I do as a jungler

remist

I think it must be different per champion or compare it to an average performance per champion, because I get S's all the time on my Zilean for average games and have a hard time getting it on nidalee even when I hard carry.

Ferga

I've gotten 2 "a player you reported has been punished" this week.

I wish I knew who got punished for that extra satisfaction.

Top Bottom