• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

pigeon

Banned
I like most of these mage changes in theory.

Vel'koz changes make him terrifying if he actually gets the deconstruct and then ults. This is the first time I said "holy shit" just watching the ability preview video. That plus not showing enemies the split point for the Q is actually pretty sweet. On the other hand the rest of his kit (besides Q) all got somewhat weaker, so there's a lot more emphasis on getting your three hit passive off. Since the changes are all on ratio and he got sustain on his Q his lane phase is probably a little bit stronger and I think they definitely succeeded at making him a tankbuster mage. Need to look at the new mage items and think about him.

Cassie is interesting, fixed W range is pretty painful. She does not get much coverage for her immobility! But her teamfight looks a lot better. She'll be even more painful in ARAM than before. Like the Twin Fang changes to lessen the falloff for nonperfect play a lot.

Malzahar is actually pretty interesting to me. Passive makes it impossible to gank him unless he got poked right beforehand. I like the voidspawn design quite a bit but it seems pretty painful in lane because you can literally just walk up, bounce E to the enemy champ, spit out a voidspawn and waste a ton of their time. I could be overestimating their durability. Rolling the void zone into Nether Grasp is pretty smart, although it sounds like Malz's burst-out capability is gone. But if you can drop voidspawn on them before you ult them it might do a decent amount.

Not sure about Brand, sounds crazy powerful to me but no numbers.

Zyra design is exactly what I predicted, except I didn't catch the escape valve by still letting her plant seeds, which is pretty smart. Notice the similarities between Zyra and Illaoi since they are both setup zone control characters in their respective roles -- kind of shows what kind of improvements Illaoi needs.

jerd

I really hope rageblade double proc keeps the ranged nerf

because right now it doesn't say it keeps the ranged nerf

rifth.jpg

So Harold buff is now a mini Baron buff but only for solo laners while alone

Kayle needs to be nerfed into the ground when rageblade enters play. She's already way too strong for how easy she is to play.
Here's a better idea: stop making these fucking stupid items that you can tell will fuck things up just from reading the bloody tooltip.

Leezard

rifth.jpg

So Harold buff is now a mini Baron buff but only for solo laners while alone

So no more Rift Herald empowered minions?

It will put an end to that specific part of a lane swap. Dragons are going to become more contended, especially considering the new dragons.
Here's a better idea: stop making these fucking stupid items that you can tell will fuck things up just from reading the bloody tooltip.

That works too.

These mage changes are fan-fucking-tastic.

That is what this game needs more of. Just picks that feel strong, not because of the items, but because of the champion you picked. They should feel strong without items, and not feel strong because of items.

Not saying that all the champions should extremely function without items-like Nasus for example, he has a strong kit but the items make him into this unstoppable beast. For mages, alot of times they felt strangled by their items or lack there of. Most of them felt useless until they built that Rabadons or that Zhongyas. So this update is great. Velkoz dealing massive damage before items is great. Brand having stronger synergy with his passive is great.

Leezard

Kayle was fine and balanced before rageblade. Rather than nerf Kayle, they can just nerf rageblade.

That solves the issue for a time, but it will probably reappear once another strong item appears. Kayle's current kit is just too good at exploiting broken items. She could use an updated kit with some weakness, like more E downtime.

Nekofrog

Banned
Do you really want to spend all those hours smurfing? It took noot like a year.

They cut down on xp plus I cam buy boosts. My 2 other smurfs are plat mmr so I can't play on them with silver friends in ranked without them getting smashed
That solves the issue for a time, but it will probably reappear once another strong item appears. Kayle's current kit is just too good at exploiting broken items. She could use an updated kit with some weakness, like more E downtime.

Well kayle is probably riots best effort at a magic damage ad carry who has a built in slow, heal, and immunity ult. Her kit itself is fine but like you said is exploitable. She could at one time just stack ap, build a lich bane, then press E and auto attack a squishy one time and kill them.

I'd like to see them further the magic damage ad carry play style even more so she doesn't turn into a one lich bane proc ball of death again. I still remember goong on kayle 1v5ing in ogn and killing 4 people before going down because of that crap

Now Spawns at 6 minutes and NEVER respawns
Rift Herald has significantly higher stats and is much harder to solor.
Doom's Eve buff REMOVED.
Now Grants "Superbuff""
Lasts 20 minute and persists through Death
While alone, you gain damage reduction vs champions.
While alone, attacks build corruption charges:
At 100 stacks, your next attack discharges all Coruptions to deal bonus magic damage (works on minions and towers too, reduced damage for ranged attacks)
Corruption stack rate and discharge damage scale with champion level.
A one time only buff for solo laners that lasts 20 minutes, holy shit.
Wait. Does this mean that ranged champs can't use Guinsoo's anymore?
Wait, now that you mention it, that melee attacks give one stack thing is really weird.

Making it unavaiable for ranged champions would be fucking awesome.

garath

Wait, now that you mention it, that melee attacks give one stack thing is really weird.

Wtf. I can't even comprehend how that is going to change the game. Top laner will smash through his lane with that.

jerd

Wait. Does this mean that ranged champs can't use Guinsoo's anymore?

Oh nice good eye

Herald buff is crazy now that seems like a good change. Cant wait for the 6 minute 3v3-5v5s

20 minutes seems a little crazy though. Give up one buff and your enemy laner is unstoppable through mid game no thanks. Split pushers like Jax or Trynd can go wild with this thing

Calvero

Banned

Will carry top laners come back with that buff?

jerd

Blue Buff*

[REMOVED] AP per level removed.
[NEW EFFECT] Now grants 15% total ability power.
Mana regen based on Max Mana doubled (flat regen remains unchanged)
Buff duration - reduced to 90 seconds from 120 seconds. First buff clear still 120 seconds duration.

Red Buff*
Burn now applies damage tick immediately on apply or reapply, damage-per-tick reduced to compensate.
This means sronger attack speed scaling
Health regen now scales "steeply" with champion level but shuts off when in combat with champions or epic monsters - triples effect at level 6 and again at level 11.
Buff duration - reduced to 90 seconds from 120 seconds. First buff clear still 120 seconds duration.

Camp Respawn Timers*
When a camp that has a timer (Red, Blue, Dragon, Baron, Rift Herald) has less than 60 seconds to spawn, its timer is revealed to both teams (regardless of their vision of the camp), and an “about to spawn” icon appears in the minimap (will replace regular camp icon if you still haven’t seen the cleared camp)

Why

Why. Why does the enemy team get to know when my buff is spawning just because they strolled through at some random point

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure if i'm a fan of that buff, depends on the number but i feel like if someone is splitpushing i should be able to send my equally strong guy to deal with them and now you're always gonna need at least two people

i'm not a fan of splitpushing in general so eh, would rather not

By season 8 neutral buffs will last like 15 seconds.

by season 8 blue and red buffs will march down a lane helping you push

Oh man, i can totally see that happen

Jungle Changes
  • Wolves and Harpies(Birds? I dunno what they're called now) will now march down and help push the controlling players lane

Mercenaries, you can call them.

I definitely like that neutral objectives are becoming a lot more important. Reminds me of HoTS in that regard.

That's exactly what I like it. It's less about writing on a little notepad of when their buff will come up(They've already rectified that a long time ago), but it's about knowing when their shit is up and playing around that.

The only downside I can see is the death timers. They'd have to change it to have a more gradual ramp to promote brawling in a fight(IE 20 minutes in, only a 20 second timer, capping out at like...40-50 seconds 30 minutes in)

jerd

I mean

It's a Nunu and Khazix has almost a full build

I'm sure that'll happen in normal games >_>; Cherry picking videos like that and saying 'LEAGUE IS NOW FUCKED' is a bit out there.

JERD, THAT'S SOMETHING I WOULD DO.

I was actually being serious that I love most of these changes. I think I'll probably eventually come around on the "buff spawning soon" thing but that information is just super sensitive and giving it away for basically free feels bad. Did nunu cast consume more than once though? I still really feel like that was a ton of damage but idk maybe youre right

Regardless the odds of having 3 earth dragons spawn and getting all of them are probably not very low and if you have that good of dragon control you should probably be rewarded anyway

I was actually being serious that I love most of these changes. Did nunu cast consume more than once? I still really feel like that was a ton of damage but idk maybe youre right

Oh I thought you were being sarcastic

Being the internet and all

'I love this game' is something Newt would say when talking about yasuo or d-queue

Top Bottom