• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Got a Heimerdinger support who trolled and didn't get any vision items because he didn't get his role.

giphy.gif

Sometimes you wonder what the point of queuing up for 2 roles is when there are people who do that

kenbo

Vlad q is broken in lane. I don't know how to deal with a range resourceless ability that constantly deals missing health damage on a 9 second cooldown. And that's without cdr.

This is the mage update one not the live vlad.

Wait, Transfuse will do missing health damage? The fuck?
No it doesn't

Killa is just had at reading

His Q does 100pc more damage and heals him for missing hp when he has 3 stacks of it

Basically they gave him some of his E inro his Q

---

Qss fix and zhonyas cdr increase allow them to balance Zed ult properly instead of letting him be obnoxious early game because he becomes crappy when people hard counter his Ult with an item

killatopak

Gold Member
Ban Zed. That's the solution.

No it doesn't

Killa is just had at reading

His Q does 100pc more damage and heals him for missing hp when he has 3 stacks of it

Basically they gave him some of his E inro his Q

Wait. Let me reread the updates. I was so excited that I may have misread some stuff. Sorry if I was wrong.

Edit: reread it. I AM DUMB. It's actually healing based on Vlad's missing health. Please ignore me.

Talents

Banned
Sometimes you wonder what the point of queuing up for 2 roles is when there are people who do that

It's not really that uncommon either. 2 games after that, I got a Renekton who started trolling after a couple of minutes because our support wouldn't give him support, and the jungler wasn't helping him. So instead of building tank after he had lost lane, he continued to build damage and then said "What's the point of having a top laner if we don't have a jungler". God bless.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2623944760/32532368

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2623750249/32532368

giphy.gif

Happy to say you, sir, are wrong. Initial clear is stupid good and speeds along nicely.
I hadn't considered her passive will just start placing shit as you wait for monsters to spawn making her first camp way easier, I'm dum dum

Seeing stonewall's video she can have like 5 plants at Gromp, those new Q spawning mechanics are dirty what the fuck

drawkcaB

I hadn't considered her passive will just start placing shit as you wait for monsters to spawn making her first camp way easier, I'm dum dum

Seeing stonewall's video she can have like 5 plants at Gromp, those new Q spawning mechanics are dirty what the fuck

Yep. And it's super healthy to boot. She weave around plants to make sure they get the agro. She seems fucking great so far.

Oh me oh my my favorite support, mid I was wanted to learn, and latest jungler are the same champion.+

EDIT: As of right now I'd say the "growth" hitbox is too generous. I'm nowheres close to touching my seeds and plants are sprouting.

EDIT2: Her clear speed after level 5 or so is ridiculous.

killatopak

Gold Member
Which is better, Flat or scaling?

Champions that are in dire need of CDR and can use abilities like Riven and Renekton are mostly using flat CDR.

Mana based champs are more likely using scaling as they cannot support constant usage of the skills in fear of getting no mana so they scale it instead so the CDR ramps up when they have the sufficient mana/regen.

It also comes down to your personal preference. Taking CDR runes will make you remove some essential runes in lane like magic resists or even your quintessence runes.

General rule of the thumb is resourceless = flat, has resource = scaling.

JulianImp

Champions that are in dire need of CDR and can use abilities like Riven and Renekton are mostly using flat CDR.

Mana based champs are more likely using scaling as they cannot support constant usage of the skills in fear of getting no mana so they scale it instead so the CDR ramps up when they have the sufficient mana/regen.

It also comes down to your personal preference. Taking CDR runes will make you remove some essential runes in lane like magic resists or even your quintessence runes.

That makes sense. So far I've only purchased the basic runes that went on permanent sale a while ago (mpen reds, armor yellows, mresist blues), as well as three ap quints and a set of armor reds (for use with tank supports, so I can use lower-tier life yellows for more survivability).

What other runes should I be looking into for playing mostly support, and slowly picking jungle up? Giving up mresist blues for CDR would be rough early on, but it'd also make it easier for me to get good CDR even if I choose to skip an item that grants it in favor for another one (maybe boots, for example).

Depends on whether you need the CDR early or late. Champions like Panth or Riven might want the flat ones while junglers and mages might want the scaling ones

Hmmm, I wanted CDR mainly for Wukong (ALL THE JUKES!) and Riven. >_>

Guess I'll sit on it for a bit longer, IP is low on my end and I want to try Sion soon.
Thanks

killatopak

Gold Member
That makes sense. So far I've only purchased the basic runes that went on permanent sale a while ago (mpen reds, armor yellows, mresist blues), as well as three ap quints and a set of armor reds (for use with tank supports, so I can use lower-tier life yellows for more survivability).

What other runes should I be looking into for playing mostly support, and slowly picking jungle up? Giving up mresist blues for CDR would be rough early on, but it'd also make it easier for me to get good CDR even if I choose to skip an item that grants it in favor for another one (maybe boots, for example).

Typical Supports go for Flat HP Yellows, Flat MR Blues, Flat Armor Reds then AP Quints for people like Janna/Lulu. HP Regeneration quints for Soraka or Armor Quints for tanks.

For jungle it's actually better to have CDR/Scaling AP/Flat AP but mostly CDR for their blues as monsters don't deal magic damage. The only mandatory rune for jungle is flat armor yellows and Flat AD/Atkspd Red for sustain and increase jungle clear.

Buying runes is a long process. I suggest buying specific runes for a specific set of champions like your mains first. I myself haven't bought all I need yet. I got to high elo just with the same basic runes you are rocking right now. I bought all the champs I want then haven't bought any since and just bought runes all day long. It doesn't help that they're so expensive.

JulianImp

Typical Supports go for Flat HP Yellows, Flat MR Blues, Flat Armor Reds then AP Quints for people like Janna/Lulu. HP Regeneration quints for Soraka or Armor Quints for tanks.

For jungle it's actually better to have CDR/Scaling AP/Flat AP but mostly CDR for their blues as monsters don't deal magic damage. The only mandatory rune for jungle is flat armor yellows and Flat AD/Atkspd Red for sustain and increase jungle clear.

Buying runes is a long process. I suggest buying specific runes for a specific set of champions like your mains first. I myself haven't bought all I need yet. I got to high elo just with the same basic runes you are rocking right now. I bought all the champs I want then haven't bought any since and just bought runes all day long. It doesn't help that they're so expensive.

Yeah, having to pay 820 IP for a single yellow health rune is ludicrous, which is why I was using tier 1 ones in the meantime since it cost me 45 IP for a whole set of them. I know I'm getting about 4.6 health per rune instead of 8 and that's quite a handicap compared to people who're running the full set but I'm seriously not going to spend more IP on those than I would on a new champion until I'm done buying most of the champs I'd even remotely think about playing.

Actually, would it make more sense for me to just run tier-3 armor reds AND yellows on tanky supports over tier-1 health yellows? My favorite tanky support is Nautilus, and I know his W shield relies on health... but then again more armor means I get some extra virtual health off of his shield, and I'd be running a tier-3 yellow over a weaker tier-1 one.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm not that sure if they're more effective especially since your health runes are just tier one but the reason for running yellow health runes is because typically the enemy support deals magic damage. Health runes cover physical and magic damage as armor and mr directly scales with your HP.

Here's Phreak explanation of running flat health on supports. Same link as above with times stamp

ASol's ult is one of the least satisfying ults to come out in the last year/year and a half or so

Yeah. I think I mentioned it before he came out, but he has a boring kit. Yeah it's chock full of...things, but it's really....what's that word...it doesn't thread together in a satisfying way?

Like comparatively, seeing and playing Jhin for the first time, he has a kit that threads together in a weird way. Even though none of the skills synergize with each other, they all do something satisfying. Whether it's laying traps, the long range stun/laser thing, and the cartridge which can clear lanes or do aoe damage on enemies. His ultimate is fantastic and cool looking. Sure I fucked it up 3 times because I didn't know you had to click R again in order to 'shoot' it(Using quick binds) and tried moving, but the way it pulls you out and lets you aim is awesome and feels satisfying. Nailing shots with the cannon is satisfying.

Aurelion Sol...I mentioned his ult is boring. A boring skillshot. I think he used it against me in the game I played against him? I couldn't tell because it was so underwhelming. The best thing about Sol is that he's a huge character model and his flying orbs are really noticeable. But that's about it.

I think Sol needs a new ultimate. Like...a star crash. Something explosive and something that, when you see it, you know shit went down. Like I said, in the match against him as Jhin, I THINK he used his ult against me, but I wouldn't know. It just didn't stand out.

Hrm.

Easy fix-
Make it so enemy camps only give 25% of experience to an opposing jungler. Thus this creates the situation where the exp given isn't much, thus it's not 'worth it' if you get caught out, and then it becomes a battle of attrition for the buffs themselves and not for the experience-it doesn't become a spy vs. spy where both junglers are constantly in the enemy jungle.

23qwerty

Hrm.

Easy fix-
Make it so enemy camps only give 25% of experience to an opposing jungler. Thus this creates the situation where the exp given isn't much, thus it's not 'worth it' if you get caught out, and then it becomes a battle of attrition for the buffs themselves and not for the experience-it doesn't become a spy vs. spy where both junglers are constantly in the enemy jungle.

Nah the easy fix is to not go through with the change, there's no reason for it

drawkcaB

Much ado about nothing. If this was season 4 it'd be concerned. I imagine Reddit will be up in arms about this and within a week not give a shit. Reddit was wrong about jungle timers. They were wrong about Dragon timers and indicators. They're wrong about this.

Personally love the change and the mind games that'll go with it. With be new XP changes junglers will easily be 6+ by the time the 2nd buffs come up. I can't think of a single jungler that absolutely needs either camp at 6+. AFAIK all camps are still worth the same amount of XP and gold. Invaders are taking buffs whose impact is already limited.

I'm a tank jungler like Sejuani and you're an early game invader who gets cheeky? Cool, thanks for the fearless, easy double kill bot.

Nah the easy fix is to not go through with the change, there's no reason for it

Junglers are going to jungle...and counter jungle will happen regardless. Having a timer come up for both teams makes it into an objective both sides can contest.

That's the good thing. The bad thing is that counter jungling will become the meta, so the solution is either nerf counter junglers, buff weaker junglers, or lower the exp gotten from counter jungling.

The best solution would be to nerf the exp gotten from counter jungling, maybe even gold gains as well. Thus both sides knowing each others timers creates a situation of 'Well, is it worth to deny them the exp and buff at the risk of dying?'.

Blizzard

Banned
Promotion game makes me sad when I have my best CS mid game in a while...and the ADC ragequits (their friend says disconnect but they didn't come back in like 20 minutes) after 1 death at level 4.

It was a Vayne.

*edit* Also I want to know what the queue is doing. 4 minute queue in silver. Someone doesn't accept, 8 minute queue in silver. Cancel and then retry with no changes, instant pop in less than 0.5 seconds. The following game I got an almost-immediate pop too. Surely it's not varying this much?

zkylon

zkylewd
Dark Sphere (Q) AP ratio increased to .7 from .6
Scatter The Weak (E) cooldown lowered to 16/15/14/13/12 from 18/16.5/15/13.5/12
well now it feels like less of a nerf, it's still a sizeable nerf to her q dmg but it's much more acceptable

this probably makes maxing w second the better idea since the passive for w is a lot better than the passive for e and you barely get anything from ranking e now

i still don't get why they didn't give her a context thread lol, cmon

Top Bottom