• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

23qwerty

but syndras the coolest mage

oh those syndra passive changes look pretty good :eek:
handt seen them yet

loss of the bonus damage on q kinda sucks but yeah the ratio change should help that

drawkcaB

Played some Trundle jungle for the first time in months vs. a Rek'Sai. Actually wanted to practice Kindred but their team comp screamed Trundle. Three times in the early game he tried to fight me in either river or my jungle. It didn't end well for him in any of those three instances. Not really sure why he kept pushing the issue. Even on the first tilt I beat the fuck out of him easily, and it got worse for him from there.

Odd match.

23qwerty

hqdefault.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
well took me a while to read it all but:

dragon - i love the dragon changes, feels like a really clever solution to teams disrespecting the value of specific dragons while at the same time not making every dragon a must-have.

harold - not a huge fan of the change cos i don't like splitpushing but i we'll see. having a one time effect that lasts like the entire game sounds pretty damn cool, and the fact that just sending two people makes that effect null is also kind of cool, but it's weird, i'm not sure

camp timers - i get the idea is to remove tedious note keeping from the game which i agree with but sounds like this will be pretty disruptive to the game for a while. maybe. idk

brand - his passive looks super broken but he's still brand so he's still clunky af. his q having a shorter stun is very good. i don't think i'll be playing brand anytime soon cos i don't like his kit and the passive rework doesn't change anything of what i feel is really boring about him but we'll see, it looks kind of satisfying to use

cassi - the boots thing is silly but sounds fun and i like the changes to e and the slightly shorter cd on q. her w sounds a bit weird, i like that it's a different spell type than q, and it sounds less overbearing than her old w but it also feels like you can blow a flash really easy with that thing if you shoot it at someone without a dash move so that might be trouble. it feels like she'll be a bit less punishing to play, which is cool

malz - looks just as boring as before, you still can't micro the voidlings so i dont really see the point in making them a spell. the passive reiforces his passive laning patterns. i don't really get his rework and i feel like it doesn't solve anything outside of maybe reducing his 1v1 100-0 potential

velkoz - they reduced the ratios on w to force ppl to max q and the ratios on e but then added a huge ratio to his passive and his ult so it doesn't really feel like that big of a power shift. he'll still chunk you out with ult really easy and completely destroy you even without the true dmg part. again feels like it doesn't accomplish much. i was really hoping he'd get fun changes to his e but nopee

vlad - vlad changes feel good, i'm confused a bit about the point of his new q but i like his new e a lot, specially since i've said it so many times that his old e was arguably the worst spell in the game. i think vlad might turn out pretty fun now since that e sounds cool and he now has some decent base stats and a speed up on his q, sounds like new vlad is gonna be more than anything more fun to play

zyra - lux alright, i like her q being a more interesting aoe shape and the focus on plants could be ok. i'm not sure if she'll be a good mid if they change her dmg to compensate for the plant action

anivia - seems like they added a ton of counterplay to her ult which is very appreciated and just general qol stuff to the rest of her kit. cool, anivia doesn't need too much but i always felt dirty e+ulting people so this is gonna alleviate that a bit

annie - the tibbers stuff is cool but it seems like ult deals about the same damage and there aren't other changes in her kit so i don't see her changing much if anything

fiddle - i don't get the point of his new passive and the extra targets on his e are gonna be annoying. doesn't seem much improved

synchan - i guess i like the idea of the changes, i may need to play around with it a bit to realize if the q and w passives create some new gameplay around her balls, but idk, i totally expected more

veigar - seems like all healthy qol changes, i like it

most of all

zhonyas.jpg

thank the rito lords for finally a not terrible build path

edit : still waiting on ziggs and xerath patchnotes, and was really hoping for something for viktor since rito left him in the dumpster but whelp

zkylon

zkylewd
oh i misread the cassi e changes

they completely got rid of the cooldown reset thing

thank god, that makes her a lot better, that's awesome

IohEXIR.gif

Calvero

Banned
fiddle - i don't get the point of his new passive and the extra targets on his e are gonna be annoying. doesn't seem much improved

That's the movement speed passive right? Maybe that'll help when he channels his ult and people start running or immediately flash? i dunno, i haven't played him

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not sure, i'm not really a fiddle player

i think the idea is that you're hiding on the other side of a wall and you'll probably be standing still so the extra movespeed helps you get in position for ulting, but that's not much of a passive, is it?

it probably also helps to set up traps for people since it's also pretty common for fiddles to hide in the brushes behind blue/red buff and surprise terrify the enemy jungler as they're walking to wraiths. so like he can terrify pretty quick out of the brush and silence and give u time to roam there or something

Leezard

It happens that Fiddle flashes right after ulting if he still has some distance to his targets, after the change he might run for a bit and flash if he's far away. It probably won't affect his team fight ult capabilities that much at all.

It should proc if he's standing and draining a target, though, right? In that case he has an easier time chasing or running after a drain.

He will get slightly stronger ganks, both pre-ult and after ult. When he's just ganking he won't just Zhonya after ult unless the enemies turn upon him.

bakeray

Haven't been able to really think about the mage/item changes too much but as a jungle main I find the buff timers/pop-ups disheartening. I didn't like the dragon/baron timer changes and I feel like keeping timers is something that isn't that hard and helps separate good/bad junglers. I think they're trying to increase small skirmishes over the buffs and I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea, maybe with the increased exp in the jungle having the buffs won't be completely necessary to make certain champs who are weak viable.

I just really hope it just doesn't turn into the 0/4 adc coming and stealing my buff every time I'm helping someone snowball on the other side of the map.

Leezard

Haven't been able to really think about the mage/item changes too much but as a jungle main I find the buff timers/pop-ups disheartening. I didn't like the dragon/baron timer changes and I feel like keeping timers is something that isn't that hard and helps separate good/bad junglers. I think they're trying to increase small skirmishes over the buffs and I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea, maybe with the increased exp in the jungle having the buffs won't be completely necessary to make certain champs who are weak viable.

I just really hope it just doesn't turn into the 0/4 adc coming and stealing my buff every time I'm helping someone snowball on the other side of the map.

If a 0/4 adc takes your red buff they would've already taken it before. Your ally adc already has the full timer. If the enemy 0/4 adc takes it you or your team is doing something wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
decent post from a good syndra player i've talked to before that knows their stuff: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...-to-make-her-worse-and-unhealthy?comment=0000

i want to see videos to make full judgement but honestly it just sounds like a really meaningless change for her.

it doesn't seem to add strong new mechanics to her kit, it doesn't seem to sell her theme better and it doesn't seem to be an improvement over her current state

i feel like they could've just extended the life of her balls to 8s as a flat buff and achieved pretty good results in making her more accessible and use that space to make her even better. it wouldn't even be that big of a buff, really, it's not like she needs 7 ball ults to kill people, at least were it not for maw. and her spheres used to get all red and creepy to signal they were upgraded, now they're not gonna do that anymore? they just like, live longer? it's such a safe and disappointing choice for a champion that's mean to be becoming more powerful to make her balls just last like 2 seconds longer

i really wanted something better for her

bakeray

If a 0/4 adc takes your red buff they would've already taken it before. Your ally adc already has the full timer. If the enemy 0/4 adc takes it you or your team is doing something wrong.
yeah i'm dumb, don't know why I was thinking my team didn't already have timer and just the icon. brain fart.

Blizzard

Banned
Whoa I missed it, QSS is being removed from the game? That seems like Malz/WW/Skarner will become even more powerful.

*edit* Thank goodness, someone was exaggerating. It still removes suppression.

Ferga

The matchmaking god hasn't been kind to me this week. A lot of queues of secondary role and people on off roles.

Tilting so easily after destroying my mmr from a 6 game loss streak where I destroyed my roles in most of the games.

- More expensive and lower stats. It's not the insanely efficient item we know.
Old: 64% AS, 24+30AD, 32+40AP
New: 48% AS, 18+35AD, 24+50AP
- No more scaling waveclear / on-hit stuff.

It's gonna be more of a multiplier. I guess Kog can still get it on top of BoRK/Devourer/Hurricane.

killatopak

Gold Member
The on hit is gonna be abused a lot. Waveclear isn't so much of a good thing at top lane anyway. I assume it's still gonna be strong on Kogmaw.

23qwerty

man if i ever see that chinese hecarim splash in loading screen i'm gonna tilt so fucking hard

neat, wukong feels better in the jungle than he was before the jungle changes

Ferga

So I just got lane swapped on.

I know how to play against. I succinctly type up instructions for the team.

I tell my nasus to max E to wave clear. He doesn't do it. He gets dived. He dies. I get invaded by 3 people. I die. He tps into 3 people. He dies again.

My mf and braum get bot tower. I tell her to go top now to prevent their bot from getting top.

She tells me to go fuck myself.

My mf and braum go back bot to freeze the wave while they 4 man push top.

My mid leaves mid to 3 man gank the gnar at bot. We lose mid.

We're now down 5 turrets 10minutes in

Fucking pulling my hair out.

Top Bottom