• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

23qwerty

lol every game in new draft, "can i mid plz?"

why did i have to dodge because our fucking warwick was afk in champ select and forgot to take smite, when are they just gonna force junglers to take smite jesus

and then i get this team comp

g3o9vGw.png

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly i'd say kass is a leblanc counter. not enough to die at lvl 3, probably, but the way he works is really annoying as lb since he always trades with you with q for ur combo and always comes on top thanks to the shield vs mana costs/cooldowns

jerd

I once had someone get solo killed by a pre rework ap kogmaw mid level 1. I don't remember who it was but regardless that shouldn't happen

My ideal Taric nerf:
Q isn't touched
W shield possibly down a tiny bit
E damage down
R duration down half a second, 2 seconds of complete invulnerability would still be sweet

Talents

Banned
So why is Ryze supposed to be good atm? I've played a couple of games but I can't figure it out. His burst is nothing special and in team fights, tanks just run at you and you're useless as your spells don't reset like they used to.

kenbo

So why is Ryze supposed to be good atm? I've played a couple of games but I can't figure it out. His burst is nothing special and in team fights, tanks just run at you and you're useless as your spells don't reset like they used to.

good engage

and one of the few mages that has good sustained damage to threaten tanks

its more of a competitive play pick because they can get around his shitty laning

Repgnar

good engage

and one of the few mages that has good sustained damage to threaten tanks

its more of a competitive play pick because they can get around his shitty laning

I've been playing Ryze top a little bit and find his laning not too bad. He makes it easy for the jungle to gank with a easy cc, can farm from range, and I tend to use my ult quite a bit for regen/pushing the enemy top laner off the wave just because the CD is so low. I actually haven't tried him mid recently now that I think about it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Really good burst with his passive, his holy has a super low cooldown combined with his passive for great sustain and team fighting, nice cc, fairly tanky... he's a really solid pick all around

zkylon

zkylewd
for some reason she didn't use her ignite even though he had 1% health so IDK
she prolly misjudged his dmg or whatever, or maybe he flashed surprised her

idk, 1v1 it's really hard to die vs kass pre-6, but he can make jungle intervation really easy since he can freeze the wave against lb who's one of the worst wave "resetters" i can think of and just land a really easy slow+q and let the jungler do all the work since he just poked you out with q

it's a really annoying matchup, i hate playing against kassadin lol

i think it's more of a competitive thing, idk?

he's got good synergy with the op mid items (roa/abyssal) and he's relatively target agnostic thanks to his mr shred which is pretty good in a tank meta

he's also godlike almost lizzy/maokai levels of tp greatness, which is super important in competitive, and i'm not sure if he has too many terrible matchups

idk in solo q, the q buff helped his mid game a bit but he still needs two buy two stacking items which makes him not that great imo

i think it's a competitive thing mostly

zkylon

zkylewd
See, that's why urf sucks. It's fun for one game or two and then you see the same champs every game.

thats why this rotation queue thing is such a good implementation of these modes

you play them a bit on friday/saturday when it's still fun

then you don't play it on sunday

it just works

Blizzard

Banned
URF inhouse please newt! *puppy eyes*

On an unrelated note, I had a League dream last night. I was Teemo top lane, and I guess it was first person view but I could also see the map somehow? I took the top inhib and glanced around only to realize our mid inhib had fallen. The enemies seemed afraid of me so I was able to kill the nexus towers and then the nexus, sort of hiding behind the rubble, before they realized what was happening.

Top Bottom