• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

jerd

Hooooly shit remakes for dc players is happening

Strings referencing early surrender stuff. Looking into it:
"Your team has @EarlySurrenderWindowDurationSeconds@ seconds to remake the game because a player dc'd and no kills occurred. Vote to end the game by <b>typing /remake in chat.</b> Only the dc'd player will take a loss. This vote can only occur once."
"To protect high-tier competitive integrity, your remake would count as a loss because the dc'd player is in your premade"

You're probably ranked like number 5 on like the people I would consider acceptable mods Neko. Of course Ghost is last because back on Bnet I made him a mod of this group and the first thing he did was ban a really sensitive dude and the dude got all pissed off. It was kinda funny but sad at the same time. Zkylon would be the second last person I would make mod. Reasons should be pretty obvious there.

bruh

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
There has to be some kind of incentive for the people who don't have the DC'd player to do it in ranked though, 5LP or something?
Why would a team that would surely win 5v4 want to do an early surrender?

Kayle_Splash_8.jpg

Holy shit this is the best fucking Kayle skin

AD TF > Dr. Dre
He is eternal

Talents

Banned
I just had one of the strongest team fight comps imaginable.
Malph top, Sejuani jungle, Braum Support. The only way it could have been better is if we had Azir mid or something instead of Jayce.

jerd

Viktor
[has larger changes on PBE]
Siphon Power (Q):
Missile Damage lowered to 60/80/100/120/140 from 60/85/110/135/160
Next AA damage increased to 20/40/60/80/100 from 20/35/50/65/80
Death Ray (E) : [tweet]
Missile Speed increased to 1200 from 780
AUGMENT Damage changed to 20/60/100/140/180 from 40/70/100/130/160
AUGMENT AP ratio increased to .7 from .6
AUGMENT Delay lowered to 1 from 1.25

Viktor practically one of the smaller updates now that laser is gonna be quick

zkylon

zkylewd
the gothic splash arts are great, i love the idea and they just look awesome, gj rito. the other splashes are good too, i guess it's time to go on ebay, noot

viktor changes sound good, the 20 dmg nerf is pretty sizeable but depends on the effect that travel speed thing has

i should probably get on pbe and try him out

A pouting Poppy for your troubles.
NnR1IXn.png

i like

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yeah the disconnect thing is great

i think limiting on one death is a pretty ok solution, specially if it counts as a loss

The one good thing about Hextech shard things is that I feel like it encourages you to try out different champs because you got something cool from them.

I just got Project Yi and I was like "Cool skin ... too bad I have no interest in playing JG champs". Then I thought about it and was like "Oh, he's only like 400IP and I have a ton of dust ... might as well see if I can play him top".

Gonna try him top TMR ... seems like that's not unheard of but I've always hated liking JG champs because they seem to only be good in the JG most of the time. (Still haven't given up on Lane Vi. I feel like now I recognize that Talon is a POS to deal with on champs I don't know well enough)

He jungled without smite

he was a trooper

luckily thornmail won fights

they would aim me and by the time I died they were at a third health

I keep hearing that TM is bad/ useless on anyone other than Rammus.

Why do people say this? I've only built it like twice though, I know it's best used against AA champ comps but I don't know when it's better than any other armor item of similar stats.

23qwerty

Why do people say this? I've only built it like twice though, I know it's best used against AA champ comps but I don't know when it's better than any other armor item of similar stats.
it's not bad it's just very situational

pigeon

Banned

Thornmail is an armor item that builds off of existing armor and only has armor.

As with ADCs needing to build AD and crit and attack speed because they are multiplicative, tanks want to build both health and armor/MR (and potentially CDR if it gives them more tank ability uses), so an item that gives only armor is kind of limited. Couple that with the fact that it wants you to build a bunch more armor and it's kind of restricted to the specific matches where every dangerous person on the other team is AD.

Rammus gets to cheat on this because he gets bonus AD and reflection damage from building armor, and he has a taunt to force enemies to auto him. (The two other champions with taunts both have design issues that make Thornmail uninteresting for them -- Shen wants to stack health and Galio has MR scaling and not enough taunt uptime.)

Leezard

For a while you had 4+ tanks up there, including Rammus. Nida and Kindred are higher priority than the likes of Fizz; they weren't when Poppy and Naut where in their prime.

It's a clear shift, pal.

edit: wait, I thought I said "starting to disappear". Nevertheless, there's less now and they take lower ranks.

Newt

Yeah, but it's not like the Ekko you see there is AP Ekko or anything. Sion, although not picked that much, is going to probably become a power pick this patch.

The tank meta is still in full force, chum.

Leezard

Nobody was saying it's an AP Ekko.

Nida/Kindred are higher priority than any tank save Ekko.

Tank meta does not have to disappear for tanks to be less banworthy.

Rammus/Naut/Ekko used to have 55+ winrates and be among the top winrates in the game, the current tanks do not.

Newt

The main bans this patch are probably:

Ekko
Kindred
Soraka
Taric
Maokai
Fizz

3 of those bans aren't tanks and haven't changed since last patch. If I'm in the wrong here lemme know where. Also the Rammus situation was probably more because Quinn and Graves were strong, not that Rammus was too powerful.

Leezard

What's your definition of main ban here, actual stats of actual bans or a more anecdotal one?

If we're looking at actual stats (from Leagueofgraphs, Diamond+), these are the top 6:

Ekko,
Kindred,
Zed,
Taric,
Nidalee,
Soraka.

Ekko is the only one that fits the good old tanky top meta.

Next 6 are:

Graves,
Yi,
Malphite,
Maokai,
Alistar,
Azir.

There's a grand total of 3 champions in the top 12 actual bans that fit the tanky top meta.

If we're talking anecdotal stuff, I never see Fizz banned. Maokai is occasionally banned, but Nidalee is much higher. Zed is still a priority ban. Typically there's never more than two tanks banned, and it's not uncommon to see only one banned.

We've already looked at bestbans stats for NA so we can skip those. Best ban stats for EUW are interesting though:

Kindred,
Soraka,
Zed,
Taric,
Nidalee,
Janna,
Ekko

7 included since noone bans Janna anyway. The top 6 bans here coincide well with the actual top 6 bans, and only include Ekko as a tannky top meta guy. Save for Ekko, only Maokai is included as a tanky top guy in the top 12.

Newt

Yeah, I forgot about Nid, but those were just the bans off the top of my head. My list is what I think the future bans will be.

Anyways, my point is that toplane is still very much tank dominant, just with Fizz and Mao replacing the previous tanks. Rammus was never a symptom of the tank Meta, he was more of symptom of the bruiser ADCs. Pretty sure last patch the only tanks banned were Naut and Poppy anyways. Fizz doesn't have a high banrate but he deserves one.

I think Zed is strong, but his banrate is too high considering that Liss and Kayle are quite strong right now.

Essentially

Ekko = Ekko
Naut = Mao
Poppy = Fizz
Rammus = Sion?
Malphite = Malphite

Top Bottom