• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Jarsonot

Hello! I am bad at this game.

I decided to pick a champ and stick with him, instead of bouncing around trying different people out. I chose fizz.

He's fun, and I really like playing as him. I hate going against ranged people, early game is really awful for me. Tips on that?

And I tried tank fizz, 'cause I hear it's awful to play against, but it went terribly, haha. Again, *I'M* really bad, so that was probably a large part of it. I started with Dorans ring and then built straight tank from there. It wasn't pretty. Is that the right way to do it or should I get more damage before going full tank?

I really just need to git gud. =(

Playing against ranged people you basically have to wait till 6 and then just rekt them. Usually you will want to build an abyssal first if your against a mage.

Tank fizz i go this build. Sunfire>frozen fist>either abyssal or sprite visage> then just situational tank item

Sammyroc

Neo Member
Yay. We're back.

6QoHqLO.png

Jarsonot

Playing against ranged people you basically have to wait till 6 and then just rekt them. Usually you will want to build an abyssal first if your against a mage.

Tank fizz i go this build. Sunfire>frozen fist>either abyssal or sprite visage> then just situational tank item

Oh I totally played tank wrong then, haha.

And as far as "wait til 6", man, that's the hard part. I get so zoned off farm, I feel like I'm just going to be so far behind and never catch back up... Maybe that's normal, I start behind but catch up in the wrecking-them stage?

garath

-_-

What is going on with the game? It was my turn to pick and it wouldn't let me select anything :/ Forced me to dodge. Now I can't even hit the queue up button..

ZU1jADC.png

On the bright side, I was in queue with a guy that picked illaoi who is unranked and 0/3 his last 3 games with her.

Luigi87

So due to server probs my team's Lucian dc'd and couldn't reconnect.

Thankfully the team held together (plus we had a superfed Yasuo) so when the enemy team tried to get Baron, we got them instead, and pushed toward the win.

Problem is... I don't know if that win put me in my promos or if I'm at like 98~99 LP because I can't see my profile @_@

Newt

Nah, I think her kit is actually quite good. She's just super off meta right now because there's too much tank bullshit running around top.

Oh I totally played tank wrong then, haha.

And as far as "wait til 6", man, that's the hard part. I get so zoned off farm, I feel like I'm just going to be so far behind and never catch back up... Maybe that's normal, I start behind but catch up in the wrecking-them stage?
Yeah you have to choose when to go up to farm and when to go in and burst them. Once you get your ult, you can usually kill them unless they have hourglass or took heal or barrier even then you can probably still kill them.
Like you want to go in when they have just used there CC or dash or most of there spells. Because your E is fucking dumb you can just jump over the CC and they W auto a few times and the Q either through the wave or through them to get back to your side of the lane.

jerd

Nah, I think her kit is actually quite good. She's just super off meta right now because there's too much tank bullshit running around top.

I mean until we get a meta that forces people to face tank slow moving skill shots or stand in the middle of a clear area of danger...

Maybe the upcoming changes will help her idk

If her problem is a meta problem though it might have as much or more to do with the fact that we pretty much only have 0 cc junglers right now so there's never anybody to set her up which she needs desperately

zkylon

zkylewd
yea if she's the one in the yasuu picture then im cool cos she looks not ugly which is pretty good considering she's associated with yasuu aka the ugly samurai man

too bad if history is to be believed rito will stretch this teaser out for like 6 more weeks lol

Nekofrog

Banned
if they could find a way to have illaoi dictate where her tentacles spawn she'd probably be OP wouldn't she

i'm trying to think of ways to improve her

edit: outside of walking next to a wall, i mean like a point and click thing

yea if she's the one in the yasuu picture then im cool cos she looks not ugly which is pretty good considering she's associated with yasuu aka the ugly samurai man

too bad if history is to be believed rito will stretch this teaser out for like 6 more weeks lol
Of course it's her, she even has a cloak made of rocks.

I doubt this teaser will last long though, shouldn't the midseason patch be out next week or the one afterwards? She should be hitting the PBE then alongside her full reveal.

Sammyroc

Neo Member
if they could find a way to have illaoi dictate where her tentacles spawn she'd probably be OP wouldn't she

She would.

What she needs is an identity outside of "big-damage-high-sustain-(hypothetical)-big-team-fight-champion". She has absolutely zero CC outside of that slow on her E when a spirit is killed or when they move out of range of it, which is terrible, and against coordinated teams she shouldn't ever get the opportunity to land a huge ultimate, or if she does, make use of it.

Of course a good start would be to fix her W to make it not so easy to cancel.

drawkcaB

Changes to E that would make it "come at me of suffer" would help her out. I don't know what that change would be mind you. The idea is sort of there right now but the implementation isn't fully realized

jerd

I think nerf tentacle damage and speed up the swing. I'd rather deal moderate damage and have a chance to land it than just throw out prayers

On second thought though I guess that fits her theme

Now that I think about it, shouldn't Illaoi fit ok in the current tank meta? Sunfire, IBG, Visage are all items that she has good synergy with, so eh? Who knows, maybe she's not absolute trash.

Newt

Now that I think about it, shouldn't Illaoi fit ok in the current tank meta? Sunfire, IBG, Visage are all items that she has good synergy with, so eh? Who knows, maybe she's not absolute trash.
Not really. Illaoi is a bruiser not a tank. Her core item is like black cleaver.

Fracas

#fuckonami

It's a lot harder for her to get onto people, unlike a Maokai, Gragas or Ekko

Newt

How long did it take you to hit Plat 1?
Oh, I'm currently d4, but because of ranked restrictions I can only duo with plat 1.

Back in the day Achtius and I went on a 17 game winstreak and I went all the way from gold 1 to plat 1. Good times.

Oh, I'm currently d4, but because of ranked restrictions I can only duo with plat 1.

Back in the day Achtius and I went on a 17 game winstreak and I went all the way from gold 1 to plat 1. Good times.
Damn. I need to get out of my funk, my play during my last few ranked games was utter shit.

clemenx

Banned
You can legit 1v5 with Illaoi in aram... she needs some (a lot) of CC for the rift but I guess teamcomps are for that, she seems like she could easily go to super broken with the wrong buff or addition,

Calvero

Banned

Oh yeah, I know. I was just wondering how long it took you from when you started playing to reach that spot.

Jarsonot

Yeah you have to choose when to go up to farm and when to go in and burst them. Once you get your ult, you can usually kill them unless they have hourglass or took heal or barrier even then you can probably still kill them.
Like you want to go in when they have just used there CC or dash or most of there spells. Because your E is fucking dumb you can just jump over the CC and they W auto a few times and the Q either through the wave or through them to get back to your side of the lane.

Aaah, that's helpful! I've always W,Q into them, but yeah, if I E into them & save Q for escape I can approach safely but still get away fast. Thanks!

Top Bottom