• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Talents

Banned
People will carry on his legacy.
Gone but never forgotten
2016-2016
ChQd_vBUUAQidKh.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i think rito was out of options since they couldn't just let a troll be the face of their game or be a role model to their players

Luigi87

Well that's lame.

Enemy team had a 3-man, whilst my whole team were solo queue. I know it's a low chance of happening, but that it did... sucks.

Well that's lame.

Enemy team had a 3-man, whilst my whole team were solo queue. I know it's a low chance of happening, but that it did... sucks.

the way it's posted about it seems that it's quite the common occurence

Edit-

Best Riven India-I prefer top(I got top)
*I say nothing, look at their stats, they're all horrible in all rolls*
Some rando-You can take mid
Me-Ok I take mid, you take top, and you get bot, everyone wins.

I'm expecting the worst.

If I don't lock in, and I'm in a series, does that count as a loss?

Edit- Edit-

Somebody left champ select, thank god.

Talents

Banned
the way it's posted about it seems that it's quite the common occurence

Edit-

Best Riven India-I prefer top(I got top)
*I say nothing, look at their stats, they're all horrible in all rolls*
Some rando-You can take mid
Me-Ok I take mid, you take top, and you get bot, everyone wins.

I'm expecting the worst.

If I don't lock in, and I'm in a series, does that count as a loss?

If you leave a lobby when you're in your promos, it'll count as a loss, but you'll only lose the dodge lp (so 3 if it's your first dodge of the day). If you honestly feel every lane will lose, you might as well dodge to avoid losing like 18 lp or whatever.

If you leave a lobby when you're in your promos, it'll count as a loss, but you'll only lose the dodge lp (so 3 if it's your first dodge of the day). If you honestly feel every lane will lose, you might as well dodge to avoid losing like 18 lp or whatever.

So you won't lost a match in the promo series? or you lose the match and the 3 lp?(Ie if I have 0 games played in a series, now I'll have one of those count as a loss?)

Only asking because I didn't lock in a placement match last week and it didn't count as a loss, so I'm wondering if Riot changed the system.

Talents

Banned
So you won't lost a match in the promo series? or you lose the match and the 3 lp?(Ie if I have 0 games played in a series, now I'll have one of those count as a loss?)

Only asking because I didn't lock in a placement match last week and it didn't count as a loss, so I'm wondering if Riot changed the system.

Oh placement series aren't the same as promos. If you dodge a placement, you won't get a loss. If you dodge a promo though, you'll lose the game and 3lp. But it's better than losing the game after 20 mins of playing and 18 lp.

Just laned Yi against fucking Yorick. How is he allowed to be a champ? I mean, I know he's getting reworked but until then just delete this annoying shit with his bugged ghost. :/

Luigi87

wtf

I made it to promos for S3 before, but lost them. Dropped. Worked my way back up and... I don't have my free win?

Edit: I mean I guess I was briefly demoted to S5, but... bluh

Anywho, I carried hard my last game, though this is largely thanks to my jungler getting me a double kill at 3 minutes in, and I just snowballed from there. At that point my team supported me and we forced a 20 minute surrender.
But afterwards my team's Morg added me and then really wanted to play with me, though I said I had some other stuff to do.

And then it got... weird, asking a bit personal detail...
Long story short, I guess the player just really wanted to duo with me, probably thinking I'm a better player than I really am, due to me getting lucky that game <_<

jerd

Just laned Yi against fucking Yorick. How is he allowed to be a champ? I mean, I know he's getting reworked but until then just delete this annoying shit with his bugged ghost. :/

I'd imagine laning with yi was part of your problem and your experience would have been much different with other champs. Yorick is kind of a lane bully but he's mostly worthless

I'd imagine laning with yi was part of your problem and your experience would have been much different with other champs. Yorick is kind of a lane bully but he's mostly worthless

Oh, I won lane and the game with a S-. It was just annoying as all hell.

Like laning against a Teemo as a AA melee champ. Annoying as fuck ... not as annoying but still.

Leezard

The question is: would Newt be able to get away with his below the line trolling if he was streaming and got a decent amount of viewers?

Newt

My days of super toxicity are long over. I only troll in champ select these days.
The question is: would Newt be able to get away with his below the line trolling if he was streaming and got a decent amount of viewers?
Probably. Someone like gross gore is way more toxic than I am. He only got banned for calling out Krepo.

YBHNpel.png

I don't post a lot of these anymore but goddamn I love Illaoi. I got a couple of good ganks from Voli (well 1 technically) and then was just timely on some TPs. At roughly 30 minutes Draven, Thresh, Teemo AND Jax (yes all 4) were chasing me down. I had pushed their top T2 and warded so I could see if they would come so that i could pull back quickly...but with Thresh's mobi boots and Jax leaping on wards to close the gap, ol' slew-footed Illaoi couldn't get away. I made it to the bushes near the river after flashing and decided I was going to make my stand. The calvary was between the Baron pit and blue buff, so for about 7 seconds it was me by myself vs the 4 of them.

Well then, let's see what you've got, I said to myself.

I got the CC chain you'd expect from Jax and Thresh but my tentacle's didn't have a single fuck to offer them. E-->R-->W-->Q-->W-->W-->Q--> and so on. I think they simply believed they could make the kill happen by forcing it. They learned they could not. Broken bones taught good lessons on this day. What a champ. If only she had a decent alt skin.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2174025640/42941535?tab=stats

Leezard

My days of super toxicity are long over. I only troll in champ select these days.

Probably. Someone like gross gore is way more toxic than I am. He only got banned for calling out Krepo.

Yeah I guess. Streamers have gotten away with a lot of stuff.

23qwerty

YBHNpel.png

I don't post a lot of these anymore but goddamn I love Illaoi. I got a couple of good ganks from Voli (well 1 technically) and then was just timely on some TPs. At roughly 30 minutes Draven, Thresh, Teemo AND Jax (yes all 4) were chasing me down. I had pushed their top T2 and warded so I could see if they would come so that i could pull back quickly...but with Thresh's mobi boots and Jax leaping on wards to close the gap, ol' slew-footed Illaoi couldn't get away. I made it to the bushes near the river after flashing and decided I was going to make my stand. The calvary was between the Baron pit and blue buff, so for about 7 seconds it was me by myself vs the 4 of them.

Well then, let's see what you've got, I said to myself.

I got the CC chain you'd expect from Jax and Thresh but my tentacle's didn't have a single fuck to offer them. E-->R-->W-->Q-->W-->W-->Q--> and so on. I think they simply believed they could make the kill happen by forcing it. They learned they could not. Broken bones taught good lessons on this day. What a champ. If only she had a decent alt skin.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2174025640/42941535?tab=stats

i only played illaoi once and it was during that weird xerath game mode but she seemed fun even if i had no idea what the fuck i was doing

i only played illaoi once and it was during that weird xerath game mode but she seemed fun even if i had no idea what the fuck i was doing

her combo is very straight forward. You want to E first (grab their spirit) if you can because if they run they'll get slowed and if they don't you'll have an extra tentacle created if you ult. You want to be in the middle of the action so you do what you need to do to get there (W leap in, flash in, walk in...whatever you need to do) then ult so you can get as many tentacles as you can. Then start hitting the leap (W) because it triggers the tentacles to slap and the Q for your main tentacle. W's cooldown gets very low (especially with 40% CDR) so you just keep spamming it and forcing those tentacles to slap. The part that comes with practice is being calm when in a 2v1 or 3v1 scenario to ensure you're throwing out your abilities in the right order to maximize your damage. Then landing your Q. Every time they hit an enemy you get life back. Sort of like a Darius.

It's harder to get in with her because she has no way to displace enemy champs like Darius and no easy way to gap-close to position the ult like an Amumu or some such, so you just do what you can. But if you can get into good position, you'll either kill everyone or force the quick enemy retreat. If you can pincer them with the ult or combine it with some other CC...look out.

23qwerty

her combo is very straight forward. You want to E first (grab their spirit) if you can because if they run they'll get slowed and if they don't you'll have an extra tentacle created if you ult. You want to be in the middle of the action so you do what you need to do to get there (W leap in, flash in, walk in...whatever you need to do) then ult so you can get as many tentacles as you can. Then start hitting the leap (W) because it triggers the tentacles to slap and the Q for your main tentacle. W's cooldown gets very low (especially with 40% CDR) so you just keep spamming it and forcing those tentacles to slap. Every time they hit an enemy you get life back. Sort of like a Darius.

It's harder to get in with her because she has no way to displace enemy champs like Darius and no easy way to gap-close to position the ult like an Amumu or some such, so you just do what you can. But if you can get into good position, you'll either kill everyone or force the quick enemy retreat. If you can pincer them with the ult or combine it with some other CC...look out.

yeah it was weird cause it was that dominion map game mode with the big xerath (rip dominion) and i'd never played it before so it was a combo of having no idea wtf i was doing with the champ and objective, was fun though i figured her out mostly i think during that game, pretty funny damage sometimes.
also she came out when i was on a hiatus for a few months so i never really saw her played since she kinda stopped be ing played i guess when i started up again

yeah it was weird cause it was that dominion map game mode with the big xerath (rip dominion) and i'd never played it before so it was a combo of having no idea wtf i was doing with the champ and objective, was fun though i figured her out mostly i think during that game, pretty funny damage sometimes.
also she came out when i was on a hiatus for a few months so i never really saw her played since she kinda stopped be ing played i guess when i started up again

I understand. I'm a big fan of hers. But I usually only pick her if I'm last pick and have an opportunity to evaluate the kiting potential of the enemy team. Like if I'm against a Graves + Ahri + Pony, I'll just play something else. If the comp mostly has normal levels of mobility, it's showtime. The Teemo lane was about as unfavorable as they come for Illaoi as far as ranged enemies go (I picked into it to test myself a bit) and came out fairly satisfied. But yea, there's something very satisfying about the Q and ult attacks.

23qwerty

I understand. I'm a big fan of hers. But I usually only pick her if I'm last pick and have an opportunity to evaluate the kiting potential of the enemy team. Like if I'm against a Graves + Ahri + Pony, I'll just play something else. If the comp mostly has normal levels of mobility, it's showtime.

it's weird? I've seen her on the rift maybe once or twice in the 2 months i've been playing after the hiatus? crazy unpopular...

especially weird since around the time i started up again i heard lots of complaining about her being "super op" at lower elo so idk

wtf lol who asks "anyone do fantasy football?" in champ select.. in the offseason too?

23qwerty

man wtf at this thresh thats like "cait you're maxing q instead of e first what a fucking noob and you rushed runaans after a bf sword wtf noob"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Top Bottom