• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

why did this get me an S-
Rito plz
tKVI7cI.png

Sometimes
I build weird shit
I find myself going Dead Man's Plate first, followed by Cleaver, then BOTRK, then from there I just close my eyes and throw a dart at the screen
And yeah our Olaf
That wasn't fun
Please dont, just go onto champion.gg and look up the most used build. It is just best because they you dont have to worry about your build and you can just focus on playing. Once you learn the basics of the games and all of the items maybe then you can start to experiment and mess around with your builds.

Hard

Banned
Why because of black cleaver?

I'm glad you asked!

1. Cleaver buffs / Sunfire Nerfs

This might not look big on the surface, but that 400 cost reduction is pretty huge. That armor shred is very important when dueling armor stacking tanks, and a cost reduction means Bruisers reach their 1st item power spike at the same time tanks do. Sunfire is usually a first item rush on most tanks for the passive damage, so making it more expensive keeps them in check.

2. Mages returning to prominence?

With the MYMU update, plus nerfs to magic resist, AP champs are (hopefully) going to be doing a lot more damage now. The nerfs to SV are also going to hurt it's slot efficiency somewhat. Tanks aren't going to be able to stack shit-tons of armor since there's going to be more of a risk of being shredded by AP.

3. Top lane carries?

If we finally start seeing more carry champs and bruisers in the top lane, then Renekton will be back fo sho. Renekton shits on carries like Jax, and most squishies like Irelia and Fiora early. Renekton is much better in a top lane carry meta because he's able to shut down most carries and diminish their impact in the mid-game, where most of them (like Irelia) shine.

4. Rift Herald

If Renekton gets this, the lane is over. It's also going to be easier to get because of his strong skirmish power and his ability to bully opponents out of lane.

TL;DR - Renekton is a beast, play him

my irelia will be ready to play passive until 6 and sheen and then kill him.

giphy.gif

u fookin wot m8y

build 50 rage

max W second

trade and freeze lane

get close to wave and all in

have fun being 0/4 at 15 minutes

Quonny

wow illaoi tentacles got nerfed into da ground. 60s duration reduced to 12s. LOL

It's actually much better now.

3 second spawn at level 16 instead of 10. You're guaranteed 3 tentacles in 12 seconds, whereas old Little Owie was 1 in 12 seconds. Plus they can now spawn closer to eachother thus making a more dangerous "field".

zkylon

zkylewd
"Easiest"

Worst movement speed
Worst pre-6 laning phase
worst movement speed

No, easy is Annie or Ahri.
easiest is always a loaded term that's not very helpful

anivia benefited a lot from mastery changes and the op roa meta. she's not easier than before, she's just stronger.

Nekofrog

Banned
u fookin wot m8y

build 50 rage

max W second

trade and freeze lane

get close to wave and all in

have fun being 0/4 at 15 minutes

you'll never get the wave frozen. all irelia needs is to not die before 6 and she auto wins lane vs renekton. if she dies, yeah, gg because it's renekton.

zkylon

zkylewd
the mastery thing is gonna be like this it seems

Champion Mastery Level 6
- Once you’re Level 5 with a champion, earn an S- or higher in a champ mastery-enabled queue, you’ll unlock a Mastery token for that champion
- To unlock Level 6 using Hextech Crafting, combine 2 Mastery tokens plus one of the following: 500 blue essence, OR a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ.

Champion Mastery Level 7
- Once you're level 6, the next time you earn an S or higher in a champ mastery-enabled queue, you’ll earn a Mastery token for that specific champ
- To unlock Level 7 using Hextech Crafting, combine 3 Mastery tokens plus one of the following: 600 blue essence, OR a champ shard of the same champ, OR the champ permanent of the same champ.

they're also adding a "mystery coin" that you can buy with ip or rp that you pop for a random champion shard

all i ever wanted was champion statistics :/

you know which game has champion statistics, loves? overwatch!

Quonny

Yeah, we talked about it and we all came to the consensus that it was dumb.

Nothing says mastery of a champion like RNG chest rolls!

Please dont, just go onto champion.gg and look up the most used build. It is just best because they you dont have to worry about your build and you can just focus on playing. Once you learn the basics of the games and all of the items maybe then you can start to experiment and mess around with your builds.
Lol you assume I'm new
I'm just a dumbass

Hard

Banned
you'll never get the wave frozen. all irelia needs is to not die before 6 and she auto wins lane vs renekton. if she dies, yeah, gg because it's renekton.

Easier said than done. Even if Renek does push the wave to turret, he gets free harass with Q/W since Irelia is melee only. Perfect set up for a dive.

My preferred dive pattern: Flash (Flash first so Irelia can't react with E) -> W -> Tiamat -> Q -> Ignite -> E out.

gg wp no jungler needed

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if the sona changes might make her a better solo laner. like they're buffing all her selfish stuff but that doesn't matter if you're solo laning?

she's not gonna be lulu since her waveclear's crap but who knows, maybe there's a way for someone to make it work lol

i'd like seeing it in competitive for the one patch it lasts haha

Yeah, we talked about it and we all came to the consensus that it was dumb.

Nothing says mastery of a champion like RNG chest rolls!
it's not really rng since u can just turn a couple champions into essence if u don't have the shard for the champion you want

it just seems so complicated and there's still no actual reward

people have been asking for champion icons forever, or something. heck, you even got icons for playing a class a bunch in team builder, why not do something similar here?

they've already clarified they're sticking with the same "reward scheme" for levels 6 or 7, so i guess that's like 6 more months of no one but riot caring about this dumb system lol

patchday

Huh I thought they nerfed the 'cursed' duration. You know how you could be a vessel for what seemed like forever spawning tentacles?

I thought they reducing the cursed duration on the victim down but guess I majorly misread

Quonny

c h r o m a s f o r m a s t e r y

Huh I thought they nerfed the 'cursed' duration. You know how you could be a vessel for what seemed like forever spawning tentacles?

I thought they reducing the cursed duration on the victim down but guess I majorly misread

They are. But tentacles now spawn from vessels every 3 seconds instead of 10 seconds. It's much more immediately punishing to get turned into a vessel instead of an annoyance. If you vessel someone now you have a real opportunity to go all in and blow up a fool. Before it was just an annoying tickle.

jerd

That's what they are doing I think but instead of the kill 3 tentacles to remove the debuff thing you have to just have to wait it out for 12 seconds and will pretty much constantly be spawning them

zkylon

zkylewd
c h r o m a s f o r m a s t e r y
shush, we don't talk about chromas anymore... they've gone the way of that other yordle race that shall not be named...

i do appreciate that this new mastery levels don't require straight up game grinding and you can just level it up by getting high scores. that's a lot more fun and rewarding

Nekofrog

Banned
Easier said than done. Even if Renek does push the wave to turret, he gets free harass with Q/W since Irelia is melee only. Perfect set up for a dive.

My preferred dive pattern: Flash (Flash first so Irelia can't react with E) -> W -> Tiamat -> Q -> Ignite -> E out.

gg wp no jungler needed

it really isn't easier said than done. all you have to do is give up a teeny bit of farm. sheen only costs 1050 now and that is so quickly attained that you aren't super pressured by a lane bully like renekton anymore. 1200 was more difficult, but the sheen price reduction made it easier.

shush, we don't talk about chromas anymore... they've gone the way of that other yordle race that shall not be named...

i do appreciate that this new mastery levels don't require straight up game grinding and you can just level it up by getting high scores. that's a lot more fun and rewarding

it just requires RNG and RP spending @_@

more fun and rewarding!

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing i really don't like is that they're injecting even more complexity to what should be super straight forward systems

i feel it masks how easy or hard it is to get these things because it's absolutely impossible to relate all these steps to anything in the game. i prefer simple solutions whenever possible, and all this fancy dressup for skinner boxing is weird and gross and unnecessary to me

i mean, there's not even a real reward lol

Yeah but getting any champion shard is RNG. You could get nothing but skins from boxes.
it just requires RNG and RP spending @_@

more fun and rewarding!
you'll be able to buy mystery coins for ip that you can use to get shards

you'll be able to buy mystery coins for ip that you can use to get shards

I imagine they'll cost a 3rd of a champions cost because otherwise it would be an easy way to abuse the 'get a perm champ with 3 chards'(For people who already own the cheapest champs now like me, anyhow)

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
What's the general reception around mobafire now? I got a buddy trying to delve a bit further into the game but back during my hey day in season 3 mobafire was kind of a joke site.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, the midseason changes look pretty good, i'm not 100% on talia cos i've got questions of how the hell she works but i like her design and i'm excited about her.

there's good stuff about league for costy to wake up to, but u know, not gonna not say the fact that champion mastery is like a massive waste of rioters' times since there's nothing substantial to it and it's now getting mixed up with the game's monetization. i'd rather the league designers working on it were working on something that made the game better, like removing runes and masteries

I mean the Yordle race.

were they cute

there was once a separate yordle-esque race called meglings. trist was one of them, that's why her title was the megling gunner before or whatever. meglings had blue skin and i think that's about it

rito decided it was pointless to have two megling races so they removed the term during the megling genocide in league's beta

but that's kind of why yordles are kind of all over the place, some are blue, some purple, some look more human, some look like rats, etc.

it all was necessary to create the absolute cuteness that is poppy

I imagine they'll cost a 3rd of a champions cost because otherwise it would be an easy way to abuse the 'get a perm champ with 3 chards'(For people who already own the cheapest champs now like me, anyhow)
yea idk how expensive they'll be

I searched Bandle Yordle and this came up.

Riot get on it.
this is some shadow the hedgehog crap

Top Bottom