• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
also, who's ready for the tali fanart train

taliyah_doodle_by_monorirogue-da1ctv7.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
there's also easier champion filters on champ select, that's really useful

and runes/masteries/summoner spells get saved on a champion basis

new client looks pretty nifty, love it

patchday

Silly Riot- they sale me the Challenger Nidalee skin then roll out constant nerfs to her.

Is Nidalee worth playing?

edit- more importantly I cannot get Mid for anything today. Wanted to try Syndra / Zyra

Bacon

Silly Riot- they sale me the Challenger Nidalee skin then roll out constant nerfs to her.

Is Nidalee worth playing?

edit- more importantly I cannot get Mid for anything today. Wanted to try Syndra / Zyra

Nidalee is still one of the best junglers in tha game. Tough to say how she'll be after this nerf but she's probably still gonna be just fine

So, Malz can solo baron with Rylais/rello/liandry/sorc shoes and void I think.

I had everything but void and got it to 1k hp before I died. Had around 30 something cdr at the time too.

=====
3c396d8a81d4d39e5949c6d17f93b838.png

He was sooooooooooo annoying to kill. I was xerath that game. Took around 2-3 of us just for him.

Was normalz, so that's why you see vlad jgl.

JulianImp

I only noticed the Zyra rework was online since the bots happened to have one and she didn't spawn that stupid plant for her passive, so I tried her out just for kicks. She's still as fragile as ever, but her new passive is a lot more fun than "skillshot when you die", Q is pretty good with its new range and the plant-spawning range on QE is quite generous, which helps with the random seed placement from her passive.

Whats good on Malz now?

When I started playing him I rushed Hunting thing and then CS. Is it good to go hybrid now to build some power into his W?

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm still not 100% on how the champion mastery lvl 6 and 7 work, even with this guide

tl;dr Hit Rank 5 on a Champion
Get S-/S/S+ rank on it, receive a Mastery Token
Combine 2x Mastery Token + Champ Shard OR Champ Permanent OR 500 Blue Essence to get level 6 Mastery
Now get S/S+ with the Mastery 6 Champ for more Tokens
Combine 3x Mastery Token + Champ Shard OR Champ Permanent OR 600 Blue Essence to get level 7 Mastery
With this they are also adding mystery champion shards for rp/ip

so like, can you get two mastery tokens for the same champion? do they have to be all for the same champion? does the shard have to be for that champion too?

so confusing -___-

yeah, I do. Jinx main (sorry) but I've been branching out a bunch. I used to only play ADC but burned out and stopped playing for a couple of years.

why sorry, jinx is great

what rank r u

clemenx

Banned
Velkoz feels largely the same ie. tons of damage. Just a teeny bit more broken than before

The true damage off the deathray does feel fucking awesome

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Finally broke the loss streak. Got legit carried. I had no idea how to play Vlad. Cait carried like a boss. Need some gameplay pointers on Vlad cuz I feel like I'm not playing him proficiently. Maybe I should rush Rylai's first...

Holy shit man the new tibbers hurts. I just played against an Annie on ARAM and that thing is pretty good. You can't just ignore it like before.

patchday

just played a Normal and we lost that too (maybe 8 loss streak now, luckily only 3 were ranked).

Granted, I know I kinda sucked (1.0 kda but I did get some dragons and towers). but our support didnt even get Sightstone. I noticed she finally buys sightstone after I bought one

just wish this game played like I see on Twitch.tv with the pros whereas they at least drop wards and have good vision.

Not sure how Riot can get low elos to drop wards. Granted, I think I need to prioritize Sightstone myself for my jungler builds or go Tracker's knife. Support not dropping wards? Then I need to and try to persuade our supports to get them

That will be my main focus now. Stop worrying so much bout ganks and such. Just focus on Vision. That's my new plan

Nekofrog

Banned
don't focus on vision in low elo

people don't drop many wards down there because people don't watch the minimap

hell, so many games where rex and I in high plat keep up decent vision, and rex spam pings our botlane that enemy mid and jungler just passed over 3 wards on their way bot and they still ignore it and die anyway

keep up vision to make sure you can play safely, don't worry about the rest of the team in low elo because they will NOT be looking at the map, so it's a money sink

i'm still not 100% on how the champion mastery lvl 6 and 7 work, even with this guide

so like, can you get two mastery tokens for the same champion? do they have to be all for the same champion? does the shard have to be for that champion too?

so confusing -___-

Yeah so

Each champion, when you get an S, lets say I get an S with Swain, I get a Swain Mastery Token

In order to level him to 6, I need to get S twice with Swain for 2 mastery tokens

And then I need either the shards or permanent(Or essence) to level him to 6. I dunno if the mastery coins are generic though and can be used on any champion..

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
From an aesthetic point of view completely underwhelmed by some of the new particles, the reuse of Jhins bullets on Annie, the clusterfuck that is Malz W, vlads E, the new item actives.

Feels lazy honestly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah so

Each champion, when you get an S, lets say I get an S with Swain, I get a Swain Mastery Token

In order to level him to 6, I need to get S twice with Swain for 2 mastery tokens

And then I need either the shards or permanent(Or essence) to level him to 6. I dunno if the mastery coins are generic though and can be used on any champion..
well the coin is like a mystery box for shards

i'm guessing the idea is if you're lucky to have a shard or a permanent for that champion then great, if not just break down some other shards for the essence

Gift me something! but seriously what those mistery boxes do exactly?

random skin

To clock her stun, they reused the assets you use to manage Jhins bullets, a 4 stack

It feels out of character.

I like that change.

It's a clear sign as to when she's weakened and when she's close to a stun.

I wish they had made her stacks degrade overtime. Her being a walking AoE stun doesn't give much counter play other than "eat it and try to kill her or run"

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I like that change.

It's a clear sign as to when she's weakened and when she's close to a stun.

I wish they had made her stacks degrade overtime. Her being a walking AoE stun doesn't give much counter play other than "eat it and try to kill her or run"

I have no problem with giving a clearer signal she has her stun, but only one other champ has that aesthetic and its jhin, so it has that semi futuristic vibe to it on a character that very much isnt.

I feel that they just flipped the asset and didnt give it much thought, it doesnt mesh with the character.

Top Bottom