• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

TheFlow

Banned
stop playing fucking solo queue lol
52ce7e1cd2022d3a04d6fae550211e39.png

this can't be real lol!

Don't pick Jinx in bronze. Play something mobile.

Like? I tried Tristana but I am no so good with her I made low damage every TF

There are so many champions in the game that the best advice I can give is to keep trying different ones until you get one or two that really click with you. Some might say "well, you'll never get great with a champion that way" but when I found a champion I loved they instantly clicked with me. Then I'd spend the time mastering them. Just make sure you aren't playing champs because you hear they are good. They're all good (kind of).

Tried several ADC, Cait and Jinx are my favorites so far, Kog was fun

faridmon

Like? I tried Tristana but I am no so good with her I made low damage every TF

Tried several ADC, Cait and Jinx are my favorites so far, Kog was fun

Try Jhin. He is slow and methodical, and hits hard. His passive is super cool and different which makes up for interesting gameplay. His ult can also effect TF on the later stages.

garath

Lucian, Ezreal, Corki

Lucian is a terrible low elo adc. He requires a lot of skill to get the damage out of him. And his mobility is really limited compared to the others. His E could hardly be called an escape. Ezreal and corki are way to reliant on skillshots IMO.

Miss fortune and ashe are good low elo adcs. Both strong right now and offer ways to impact team fights greatly and self peel/run away.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Lucian is a terrible low elo adc. He requires a lot of skill to get the damage out of him. And his mobility is really limited compared to the others. His E could hardly be called an escape. Ezreal and corki are way to reliant on skillshots IMO.

Miss fortune and ashe are good low elo adcs. Both strong right now and offer ways to impact team fights greatly and self peel/run away.
Lucian is the most fun adc tho

ashe is awful in low elo because she has low mobility and low dmg until around 3 items which means you have a significant mid game power trough.

the crux of lucian and why hes so popular is that he has an incredibly low skill floor. its super hard to punish him if you dont play correctly and he dominates almost every lane in the game making teamfight dps sort of a moot point. not only that, he has excellent waveclear on an extremely low cooldown and is powerful at every point in the game.

Lucian requires skill to max out his damage, not to do proper damage, he isn't Riven. His dash is second only to Ezreal's in terms of usefulness, he's easy, fun and strong as fuck early mid and late, I don't keep telling people to pick him for no reason.

Also MF isn't really good right now.

Shame Jinx is no recommend by you guys , I gotta try Corky, dont feel confident enough to use Lucian, Jhin is fun too but got the same problemas as Jinx to get cornered and die

garath

/shrug

Lucian is harder to get damage out of than the other two. And bronze tends to go late so good teamfighting is important.

But he is fun.

Shame Jinx is no recommend by you guys , I gotta try Corky, dont fell confident enough to use Lucian, Jhin is fun too but got the same problemas as Jinx to get cornered and die
The problem with Jinx is that unless you snowball you are irrelevant until 20 minutes or so, time you could be using to dictate the game with a better pick. She's not bad but without an organized team in comms picking and playing around her you're just handicapping yourself.

Jhin doesn't really suffer from the same issues since he's decent mid game. If you have someone to peel for you he's good enough, but again, why go through the extra effort?

No team com, no jinx, got it. Dont own Corki or Ez so it leaves me with Jhin and Tristana ( I have cait but Newt told me she is super hard) so far. gave a try on Tristana and I got only 6 kills.

How is Quinn on ADC?

I know I'm a noob but I personally rec champs with mid/ late game power over early game champs who fall off when you're in low elo like me. Games can last 40mins easy and if you're low elo your team likely wont know how to close out games fast so playing a champ who's most powerful in the earlier stages of the game can back fire if you don't know how to get an early lead with them.

No team com, no jinx, got it. Dont own Corki or Ez so it leaves me with Jhin and Tristana ( I have cait but Newt told me she is super hard) so far. gave a try on Tristana and I got only 6 kills.

How is Quinn on ADC?
Cait is hard because you need to work your ass off to make her work, don't recommend her either. Trist is ok until you get some IP I guess.
I know I'm a noob but I personally rec champs with mid/ late game power over early game champs who fall off when you're in low elo like me. Games can last 40mins easy and if you're low elo your team likely wont know how to close out games fast so playing a champ who's most powerful in the earlier stages of the game can back fire if you don't know how to get an early lead with them.
Well yeah, but honestly the only ADC that is good early but isn't that good late is Draven and even then that's relative to others. The current meta picks are so because they are great at all stages of the game, super safe and have no real counters, can't go wrong with those no matter what ELO you are.

Pendas

Banned

How is Quinn on ADC?

Quinn can easily win games in low ELO through the Jungle / Lane. Once she hit's 6, you can easily pick people off from across the map that overextend while farming lanes (something that happens a lot in Bronze). She's a great duelist, split-pusher and roamer, and her level 6 jungles ganks are just rediculous as she can be in any lane within seconds from anywhere on the map.

Hard

Banned
Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet.

Just play Volibear.

Volibear top, Volibear jungle, Volibear mid, Volibear ADC, Volibear support. Volibear, Volibear, Volibear. Just spam Volibear and you'll get out of Bronze in 100 games or less or your money back.

TheFlow

Banned
Can't believe no one's mentioned this yet.

Just play Volibear.

Volibear top, Volibear jungle, Volibear mid, Volibear ADC, Volibear support. Volibear, Volibear, Volibear. Just spam Volibear and you'll get out of Bronze in 100 games or less or your money back.
This is funny but true except for mid and adc.

Newt

Some of the solo games I play I just give up because, yes there's a chance I can win, but it's really not worth the effort.

Quonny

Shen. Just play Shen. If you lose with Shen it's your fault. You have a freaking map wide shield and teleport. Watch the map and win.

Some of the solo games I play I just give up because, yes there's a chance I can win, but it's really not worth the effort.

Man

I was in a game where the score was something like 23-7(Our team was the 7)

Our team was quiet as fuck. Like, not one word. We kept playing. We kept catching them out. (It was the game of the chat log I posted a page or 2 ago.)

Anyhow, we didn't give up. It was about a 40-50 minute game, but we managed to come back from 2 inhib towers down to completely winning in teamfights. It was so damn satisfying.

The best part was that nobody AFKed, nobody complained(All the lanes were doing pretty terrible), it was just this quiet determination. We never gave up, everybody kept farming, once the catches started, my own moral was going up(I dunno about my teams since it was so quiet), and we just won.

It was satisfying. It's why you never give up until your team starts bickering that it speeds up the loss in a way that's uncontrollable. It was a great game. It was one of those games where you can say 'Don't give up when they're 10 kills up and have gotten every damn dragon in the game'. I wouldn't say that it takes any more effort, it's just playing the game as you would any other time. You just adjust to the situation on the map.

tl;dr:don't give up unless your team has self-destructed and won't shut up.

Especially if the enemy team was shit talking or throwing out early ggs that shit is so good

The enemy team didn't say anything either, until the post lobby chat where Garen raged so hard(kadh in the chat logs). The other person in the chat was actually the Pantheon on their team, we were just poking fun at the Garen for raging so much(He went like 8/1/12 or whatever, but this translated from him being the first to run from teamfights and not committing fully/peeling for his teammates despite having nearly 5k hp).

It was such a satisfying game either way.

You know what's disgusting

Having Volibear Ryze and Nasus on the same team

Jesus christ that is anti fun. I mean, i was the nasus, but after 20 minutes the enemy team can't really do anything at all except die.

Edit-Getting out of gold theme song-
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

I feel at this rate,, I'll get back to Platinum this week.

COSTY, I'M COMING FOR YOU

I'm loving me some Sion mid!

It's like "HEY! Does your team have a non-tanky top, you're early pick mid and don't feel like being dicked around by an assassin? Lock in Sion! People are gonna assume you're top and try to counter pick for that with a fighter like Fiora or some ranged champ like garbage Gnar instead of a tanky champ a lot of the time! Ooooor as they're picking their mid they will assume you're support and think it's safe to pick w/e assassin they want. What they don't know is that they're gonna be facing YOU, a sion who will build tank and rush a ZZrot to take away their roaming, keep them in lane and tilt them off the face of the map because they're likely playing a champ who is useless if they can't get ahead by killing other lanes or their lane enemy!

Laugh as you make the enemy Talon curse like the child he is in All Chat because you simply ulted away to safety after over staying at low health! Fuck up his day and keep him from getting ONE kill!"

That being said, I got Talon from the Hextech boxes so Imma be learning me some Talon soon. Also went back to AD runes on Sion. Gives you better last hits.

Top Bottom