• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

The Rammus was the support...

jk3Opow.gif

I'm loving me some Sion mid!

It's like "HEY! Does your team have a non-tanky top, you're early pick mid and don't feel like being dicked around by an assassin? Lock in Sion! People are gonna assume you're top and try to counter pick for that with a fighter like Fiora or some ranged champ like garbage Gnar instead of a tanky champ a lot of the time! Ooooor as they're picking their mid they will assume you're support and think it's safe to pick w/e assassin they want. What they don't know is that they're gonna be facing YOU, a sion who will build tank and rush a ZZrot to take away their roaming, keep them in lane and tilt them off the face of the map because they're likely playing a champ who is useless if they can't get ahead by killing other lanes or their lane enemy!

Laugh as you make the enemy Talon curse like the child he is in All Chat because you simply ulted away to safety after over staying at low health! Fuck up his day and keep him from getting ONE kill!"

That being said, I got Talon from the Hextech boxes so Imma be learning me some Talon soon. Also went back to AD runes on Sion. Gives you better last hits.

Another game where this is put to the test.

It was so damn funny in champ select, I was first pick and locked in Sion mid (I qued mid cause I wanted to try Talon but I was first pick and don't know his counters ... didn't want to get counter picked). Enemy first pick takes some time and decided to lock in Riven to counter pick me. Our ADC and JG are next, everything's running smooth ... then out top Locked in Singed and you could tell their gears were turning cause of how they paused for so long. Then our support locks in and they don't know wtf to think and last pick Annie mid (Love Sion vs Annie Mid. your non stop pushing and harass makes her normally miss-out on farm. You're so tanky she can't poke you outta lane and if she harasses you she misses out on farm or the tower eats it. At 6 if you're not really low then Tibbers doesn't do shit)

Her and Riven decided to lane swap but by then it was too late, already had my ZZrot and was working on armor + Riven wasn't doing well up top so she couldn't do anything but get soloed by me or push when I was roaming bot.

Sion mid ... loving it!

I think Fiddle mid could have the same fake out effect cause everyone expects him to JG.

patchday

Another game where this is put to the test.

It was so damn funny in champ select, I was first pick and locked in Sion mid (I qued mid cause I wanted to try Talon but I was first pick and don't know his counters ... didn't want to get counter picked). Enemy first pick takes some time and decided to lock in Riven to counter pick me. Our ADC and JG are next, everything's running smooth ... then out top Locked in Singed and you could tell their gears were turning cause of how they paused for so long. Then our support locks in and they don't know wtf to think and last pick Annie mid (Love Sion vs Annie Mid. your non stop pushing and harass makes her normally miss-out on farm. You're so tanky she can't poke you outta lane and if she harasses you she misses out on farm or the tower eats it. At 6 if you're not really low then Tibbers doesn't do shit)

Her and Riven decided to lane swap but by then it was too late, already had my ZZrot and was working on armor + Riven wasn't doing well up top so she couldn't do anything but get soloed by me or push when I was roaming bot.

Sion mid ... loving it!

I think Fiddle mid could have the same fake out effect cause everyone expects him to JG.

pretty coo glad you're having fun with him :)

Just got done watching Game of Thrones.
soooo good

pigeon

Banned
I gotta say, I understand what the theory was behind the Swain rework but he just feels awful now. The buffs on PBE are nice but ultimately I feel like he got a big zoning tool in exchange for most of his actual power. Like his R literally got an 80% nerf (from one raven per champ per 0.2 seconds, to one raven per champ per second). Such nerfings have rarely been seen in this land or the next.

I guess the theory is that the PBE buff will give him back some of the survivability he lost with the R nerf, but I still feel like he's a way less effective champ than he used to be right now.

I gotta say, I understand what the theory was behind the Swain rework but he just feels awful now. The buffs on PBE are nice but ultimately I feel like he got a big zoning tool in exchange for most of his actual power. Like his R literally got an 80% nerf (from one raven per champ per 0.2 seconds, to one raven per champ per second). Such nerfings have rarely been seen in this land or the next.

I guess the theory is that the PBE buff will give him back some of the survivability he lost with the R nerf, but I still feel like he's a way less effective champ than he used to be right now.

He's definitely weaker now then he was before. It's awful. They've basically Yorick'D him despite him never being as egregious as Yorick.

jerd

Just make all Runes free. Actually no, just get rid of them all together.

No reason to get rid of them. For example I enjoy the option of scaling mr vs cdr vs flat mr blues andd how it effects the way I play. I understand people not liking the ip sink that runes are but I'll never understand people wanting get to get rid of them altogether.

I'd like to see Runes get removed. Not only are they an unnecessary burden of knowledge to players(I wonder what runes my opponent has? I'm a new player, what are runes? Why does that guy have extra health than me? etc.), but they're just...unnecessary. In combination with masteries, it's really just unneeded fluff.

But it's good that the tier 2 runes cost 1 IP now. Best change Riot could make.

I think that I might be done with League for now, just not really feeling it that much recently.

I'll probably log in every few weeks to play some normals with friends or an ARAM or two but I can't see myself playing it that often anymore.

I'd like to see Runes get removed. Not only are they an unnecessary burden of knowledge to players(I wonder what runes my opponent has? I'm a new player, what are runes? Why does that guy have extra health than me? etc.), but they're just...unnecessary. In combination with masteries, it's really just unneeded fluff.

But it's good that the tier 2 runes cost 1 IP now. Best change Riot could make.

i feel the same way, runes being removed would be great imho but I like masteries as everyone is on an equal playing level with them.

Leezard

I like the rune/mastery stuff in general. Sure, on a lot of champs there might be a single best build and I think that's kinda bad; ideally there should be a couple different setups depending on what you want to do.

When you actually do change runes and masteries depending on the matchup, it is more interesting.

Using Nami as an example, there are two main choices of runes/masteries:

Offensive: Hybrid pen, ap, hp, little bit of armor. Thunderlord's and extra hybrid pen.
Defensive: Armor, mana regen, hp, magic res. Windspeaker and extra cdr.

The offensive option can completely destroy enemy lanes. Once you get Frostfang you will typically deal around half the enemy adc's hp in a single (E-empowered) auto-W-auto combo. A single bubble combined with follow-up from your adc means death for the enemy, so you have tons of kill pressure. Against stuff like Sivir, Twitch, Soraka, Janna, Sona, Lulu, Vel'Koz, Braum and Alistar this is really good. You are way more dependent on snowballing the lane since you will get outscaled later, and a few missteps in lane is devastating. I like playing this the most since good play will win you the game unless your team loses all other lanes. I choose this against Thresh and Blitzcrank too, since I'm confident in my side-stepping and the extra damage can decide the fight if my adc gets caught.

The defensive option is more attrition-based. You still make short trades but you won't have much kill pressure; instead you rely on your enemies positioning bad so you can make auto + W trades and chip down their health/mana levels over time. This is what you pick if you're going to get outranged so you won't be able to make good trades most of the time, like Caitlyn, Karma and Zyra. It's also the pick of choice if you're not confident that you can win the lane. Windspeaker scales better than Thunderlord's and the extra mana regen will allow you to outsustain the enemies.

This was a fun game.

I was 2nd pick and wanted to play Sion mid (Cause I was 2nd pick and can't ban Asns).
But no one banned Malz after everyone asked to ban him. So I was like "... Ehh, I'll play Malz then".

Legit half of my team's kills and the most DMG in the game.
My first S Malz game.

how did you even get malz or was that blind pick

Normal Dynamic Que.

IDK, someone on our team asked who we wanted to ban, I said Yas cause even though most of em are trash I find him super annoying when playing Sion. Last person banned Yas instead of Malz ... I guess someone on the enemy team wanted to play malz which is why they didn't ban him (maybe the JG, he was 2nd in their pick order and didn't have a champ selected). Our team was worried cause theirs didn't ban him either so I picked him up cause I have no problem playing him and they banned a decent about of asns.

Also picked him cause I didn't wanna deal with him if they picked him.

I like Malz a ton but he does need nerfs to his passive. Cause if they don't then he will be like Aatrox and be gutted just to hold onto his passive :(

pigeon

Banned
No reason to get rid of them. For example I enjoy the option of scaling mr vs cdr vs flat mr blues andd how it effects the way I play. I understand people not liking the ip sink that runes are but I'll never understand people wanting get to get rid of them altogether.

That's something the mastery system could just do. Keystones are the weird power bumps they are because the rest of the mastery system is tiny and meaningless because runes are eating up all the power that mastered could provide.

Here's the five cent redesign for these:

Runes no longer exist.
Multi-point masteries no longer exist.
Mastery trees no longer exist.
You get maybe five mastery choices from a buffet and they're things like +15 AD, +15 MR, whatever. One talent choice is equivalent to like 5 runes under the old system plus whatever was in talents. Make one with 1% crit just to troll qtpie.
Keystones no longer exist, move that power to the item system where playstyle-changing stuff like that belongs. You can even make more starter items since Cull and Dark Seal have actually been effective if you really want level 1 differences. For example, just make Doran's Gauntlet and give it Grasp as a unique passive, put a scaled down Warlord's on Doran's Blade, whatever.

Oops, I accidentally invented the Cataclysm talent redesign from World of Warcraft. But it's the right solution. They did it in WoW for the same reason! Too many false choices either because the two options were identical or because they weren't identical so one was always right. Just get rid of all the choices that don't really matter.

Calvero

Banned
lol. their team was talking shit to me at the start because of my runes that I haven't changed since I hit lvl 30 (when I didn't even know a single thing about any rune meta). Mundo got mad when i all chatted "poor man's runes OP" and told me I got carried. Which is semi true, even though the only reason i got carried was because I got the enemy to tunnel on me top while I told the rest of the team to take other towers. Pretty fun. Never lost my T2 turret.

Calvero

Banned
How to play against a Braum and Who counters him? I think he is the new support I am having tough time dealing with.

Vayne. Try staying at max distance from his Q. Your W still sets off when he Ws. Roll out of ult. Roll out away from Qs. She's hard to play well though, at least for me.

As a supp? Morgana easily. her shield blocks his passive and the slow of his q and his ult. if he is still coming at you throw your q at him. her q will still stun him when he shields.

faridmon

SUPER MAGICAL EDIT POWER

Depends on the support.
Who do you play the most, do you think?

As a supp? Morgana easily. her shield blocks his passive and the slow of his q and his ult. if he is still coming at you throw your q at him. her q will still stun him when he shields.

I play Sona and Morgana the most, and it seems that he totally doiminates Sona on lane.

I still have hard time playing against him as Morgana, he does have few CC and when tends to change it up when my Shield is on CD (it has a long CD)

Q tends to help alot, but his ult is very scary.

Calvero

Banned
I play Sona and Morgana the most, and it seems that he totally doiminates Sona on lane.

I still have hard time playing against him as Morgana, he does have few CC and when tends to change it up when my Shield is on CD (it has a long CD)

Q tends to help alot, but his ult is very scary.

The stun of concussive blows (4th hit?) can be blocked with your shield. You gotta play around your cooldowns. Most people don't know the cooldown on her Shield, so just give your ADC a heads up at the start of the match to be more careful when after you use your shield.

About his ult, that's his biggest engage (and disengage) next to proccing his passive. So if you avoid it with your shield or he misses or you guys avoid it entirely. You can turn on him easily .

Hard

Banned
Braum is still pretty weak to poke, even though his shield can nullify a fair amount of it. That, and nerfs to Relic Shield make it easier for him to get bullied out of lane. He doesn't have any ranged harass other than his Q, and it's pretty mana hungry early. His E also has a large cooldown, so try and bait it out, then engage when it's down. His all-in is still pretty dangerous though, especially if you go against a Lucian/Braum combo, any AA'ing ADC, or are squishy in general. Be mindful after 6. I've secured so many kills on to squishy supports by letting the Jungler walk up and engaging with Flash + Ult + Q.

Morgana, Zyra, Karma, & Lulu all do well against Braum. How well the Braum fares depends on how good he is about dodging skillshots.

jerd

Crashdown: just lemme put in into perspective for u skarner
Crashdown: my Dad
Crashdown: makes more money
Crashdown: than ur entire family
Crashdown: and extended family
Crashdown: in one month
Crashdown: than they do in a year
Crashdown: stop typing
ierd GAF: oh
ierd GAF: when you put it that way...
Crashdown: i have
Crashdown: more net worth
Crashdown: than the city u live in
Crashdown: i was born into this ****
Crashdown: hows that make u feel?
Crashdown: i dont have to do ****
Crashdown: for the rest of my life
Crashdown: but sit on here
Crashdown: and talk ****
Crashdown: to randoms
Crashdown: :)
Crashdown: hows that make u feel bud
Crashdown: ?
ierd GAF: sad
Crashdown: i have more bitches than u can ever dream of
Crashdown: im wat u call a statistical anamoly
Crashdown left the room.

I know this is a lot but it is a legitimate gold mine. Some of it was too good not to share. I have nothing but respect for this guy now

Edit: actually i just trimmed it down to the really good part. Everything before was jsut typical toxic gibberish we all know what that looks like

Calvero

Banned
god damn this team did nothing but talk shit ALL GAME. i went a bit overboard in post game though lol and this was the worst Kindred I've ever seen. Literally could have afkd

I know this is a lot but it is a legitimate gold mine. Some of it was too good not to share. I have nothing but respect for this guy now

Edit: actually i just trimmed it down to the really good part. Everything before was jsut typical toxic gibberish we all know what that looks like

bwahahhahahahahha

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

damn son

patchday

Match: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2188738485/36583?tab=overview

Man I went straight ham on my teammates and called them all feeders in the final 5 mins. This is what I get for playing support. Need to stick to mid. I just don't understand why low elos throw themselves into the fire when its obvious they will die.

One time Hecarium and myself was right by the entire enemy team while they are taking dragon. I was just trying to toss in some plants to harass and get a quick kill. But Hec just dives in solo 1v5 and gets killed. ugh...

Also felt helpless as I watched our ADC feed the enemy team. She had most deaths

Inspite of all the stupidness I still had fun. I love playing Zyra. Going to try to get mid. But the matchmaking in this game makes it kinda tricky

And man Overwatch is almost here. The little bit of time I spend in this game will probably hit 0. I love that game (and Hearthstone lol)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

You fucked up. You should've responded.

"You have all the money in the world and you couldn't even win? Can't buy a win? Lol. Such a loser scrub."

Top Bottom