• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Calvero

Banned
win streak ended by a cho gath who fucking threw by trying to end the game even though we all pinged him to back off because 4 people were still up. then proceeded to stay at their base and try to 1v5. we lost elder drag and then baron and then we lost.

faridmon

The stun of concussive blows (4th hit?) can be blocked with your shield. You gotta play around your cooldowns. Most people don't know the cooldown on her Shield, so just give your ADC a heads up at the start of the match to be more careful when after you use your shield.

About his ult, that's his biggest engage (and disengage) next to proccing his passive. So if you avoid it with your shield or he misses or you guys avoid it entirely. You can turn on him easily .

Braum is still pretty weak to poke, even though his shield can nullify a fair amount of it. That, and nerfs to Relic Shield make it easier for him to get bullied out of lane. He doesn't have any ranged harass other than his Q, and it's pretty mana hungry early. His E also has a large cooldown, so try and bait it out, then engage when it's down. His all-in is still pretty dangerous though, especially if you go against a Lucian/Braum combo, any AA'ing ADC, or are squishy in general. Be mindful after 6. I've secured so many kills on to squishy supports by letting the Jungler walk up and engaging with Flash + Ult + Q.

Morgana, Zyra, Karma, & Lulu all do well against Braum. How well the Braum fares depends on how good he is about dodging skillshots.

Thanks. I'll take those advice to heart next I play against him

Hard

Banned
I found a VGA cable lying around in my garage, and finally manage to hook up my laptop to the monitor I bought off my friend. Having 2 monitors, holy SHIT this is dope.

Going from a 12-inch laptop to a 20-inch monitor (Compaq S2022a), oh my god so much space. How did I get by with my tiny laptop for 2 years. Geez.

Nekofrog

Banned
I found a VGA cable lying around in my garage, and finally manage to hook up my laptop to the monitor I bought off my friend. Having 2 monitors, holy SHIT this is dope.

Going from a 12-inch laptop to a 20-inch monitor (Compaq S2022a), oh my god so much space. How did I get by with my tiny laptop for 2 years. Geez.

I use a 42 inch TV as my monitor for watching streams and my 27 inch 144hz monitor to play games on

plebbbbbbbbbbbbb

garath

I use a 42 inch TV as my monitor for watching streams and my 27 inch 144hz monitor to play games on

plebbbbbbbbbbbbb

I just got a 27" 144hz monitor myself. Damn it's huge. I think I need a bigger desk to not be so close to it lol.

I watch streams on my TV via chromecast. Ita pretty nice seeing league on 60". My wife isn't a fan fan though lol. She asked if nightblue does anything but play games. I usually throw him on Sat morning before she wakes up.

Nekofrog

Banned
I just got a 27" 144hz monitor myself. Damn it's huge. I think I need a bigger desk to not be so close to it lol.

I watch streams on my TV via chromecast. Ita pretty nice seeing league on 60". My wife isn't a fan fan though lol. She asked if nightblue does anything but play games. I usually throw him on Sat morning before she wakes up.

when i'm at my computer i pretty much 100% always have a stream up, unless i'm playing league. league takes my focus.

if i'm playing something like dark souls, I'll have irelia carries u's stream up or wickd's stream up so i can hear the glorious irelia sounds as i play other games. i also have a giant desk and a half way broken DX racer chair that I just got 2 years ago because i literally treat it like a recliner and kick my feet up on my desk and try and recline it as far as it'll go

i just need a real recliner tbh. who needs computer chairs.

we should all post pictures of what we play league with. i'll post a picture of my desk when i get home in 6 hours cause why not

Newt

Naruto is okay but I prefer more classic anime like Seinfeld and Cory in the House.

Speaking of which, which league champion is most like Seinfeld?

pigeon

Banned
Naruto is okay but I prefer more classic anime like Seinfeld and Cory in the House.

Speaking of which, which league champion is most like Seinfeld?

Singed, he's about nothing and if you follow him for long enough you realize you wasted your life.

Just lose my first Sion mid game in a while.

It was all because we were ahead and after the team took baron they decided to waste it by trying to take elder drag even though the full team was alive. So of course we get aced and mins after out top goes AFK.

We had a Sej top and Cho sup so I wasn't building straight tank, the Top was. (and Cho didn't seem to know that you can use R on minions to stack it ... so many Chos don't do that, I know it's low elo but that shit's simple. You shouldn't be waddling around looking tiny at level 18 as cho )

patchday

Hm, have angler jax, snowday syndra and urf kench shards. Do I get rid of the syndra shard to get the other two, or dump other two for syndra. Decisions

I like Snowday Syndra. I recall zky not liking it due to the split in her skirt in the back but I dig it

Granted, I guess I might like Justicar Syndra just as much if not better

faridmon

Just lose my first Sion mid game in a while.

It was all because we were ahead and after the team took baron they decided to waste it by trying to take elder drag even though the full team was alive. So of course we get aced and mins after out top goes AFK.

We had a Sej top and Cho sup so I wasn't building straight tank, the Top was. (and Cho didn't seem to know that you can use R on minions to stack it ... so many Chos don't do that, I know it's low elo but that shit's simple. You shouldn't be waddling around looking tiny at level 18 as cho )

The Fuck is going on?

Black wind, I know your tendency to create your own meta, but do you premake games with other Black-winds?

Rank 5 Cho: Completed.

Matches required: 26

Record: 17 - 9

Performances of S- or better: 14

Games with a negative KDA: 2

Average kda: 7.07 / 3.57 / 4.76

Hard current meta match-ups: Ekko, Ryze, Xerath, Azir, Ziggs

Easy current meta match-ups: Yasuo, Poppy, Darius, Liss, Voli, Lux, Ahri, Malphite, Moikai

Just my experience over the course of that run. I don't think I saw every common pick, but I saw most of them at least once between mid or top. His ability to self-sustain as long as you can kill creeps makes him really strong. Very hard to shut down without repeated ganks. Even then, it just sort of slows him rather than making him somehow irrelevant. He *will* get his items and his silence *will* win a team fight or two sooner or later. His true damage ult will make your high armor/mr builds rather meaningless.

Good champ. Glad I tried him out. Nice to have a tank like him in the repertoire. Would not play him into a lane against Ekko, Azir, Ziggs or Xerath in particular. That shit was awful.

The Fuck is going on?

Black wind, I know your tendency to create your own meta, but do you premake games with other Black-winds?

I never take part in premades unless there's an IP boost event to be had lol!

Was actually thinking of getting Sejuani and taking her top (I have 3 cool sejuani skin shards and I like me some CC tanks) until I watched someone play her top on youtube and saw that she sucks at CSing ... which explains why she's a JG champ, cause so many of them suffer from "strange design choice that makes them not good in lane".

She actually did well vs the Poppy top and we were chain CCing people to win team fights. But without her there just wasn't enuff for us to win :/

But yeah, I might sound like a hypocrite but I try to play things I think are possible to get away with and make some kinda sense (I STILL think Vi Mid is viable, but the one game I played with her was against a Talon. I dominated the lane until he got Life steal, then things fell apart until my team carried me T_T). Cho Sup ... I have seen that more than once and IDK why people do it. His strength in lane comes from his passive which he can't use bot unless he's taking farm from the ADC. I just had a Cho game last night top vs Rumble and though the first 1-2 levels sucked with his non stop mana-less harass I just kept my E on and mindlessly pushed right along with him until he was close to death and I was safe. He learned to fear the Cho that day... which isn't something I assume can happen bot.

Easy current meta match-ups: Yasuo, Poppy, Darius, Liss, Voli, Lux, Ahri, Malphite, Moikai

I heard Darius was one of his worst match ups o_O

Also, Rumble is a hard early game but that turns around fast as long as you last hit to keep your passive going. Once you start build RoA that non-stop harass just allows you to spam spells right back at him.

Nekofrog

Banned
riot put me at 92 lp last night because i played with newt. newt your MMR is so low it was bringing in golds and ruining my LP gaynzzzz :(

i only got like 16 for it instead of the 20-21 in solo

Newt

Well, my slump is over. I'm going to take my toll.

5b1bf9a4d539b6a4142b5b622144173b.png

Blizzard

Banned
Congrats on the promotion Newt!

I stopped playing for a while to have more time and because queue times were so long.

I figured I'd try again tonight...Monday night, 9 p.m.? 9+ minutes of queue time with 2 restarted queues in silver IV.

I really wonder what the player counts are like.

I stopped playing for a while to have more time and because queue times were so long.

I figured I'd try again tonight...Monday night, 9 p.m.? 9+ minutes of queue time with 2 restarted queues in silver IV.

Fucking weird. It might just be an issue with the matchmaking algorithm. Heroes of the Storm had the same issue where sometimes queues could go for 4+ minutes, but re-queuing up would sometimes get you instantly matched.

Like...it has to be a matchmaking issue.

Nekofrog

Banned

our second game last night, newt and sat in a queue for like 14 minutes before restarting it and having to wait another 3 or 4. ridic

either riot needs to come out and flatly state they really screwed up matchmaking, or there are a lot fewer people playing their game than there was 6 months ago

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah these queue times are weird. Nearly instant in January, now it wildly varies from a couple minutes to 10 and beyond.

Top Bottom