• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

I wonder what the threshold for who you queue up with is. There's the visible MMR-that is your ranking. But it's deceiving because it's not your real mmr which is hidden. So I wonder if queuing up, whether the system is looking at your visible MMR or your hidden MMR when looking at prospective opponents/teammates, or if it's a combination of both.

Then there's the thresholds, how far it'll go to find a game(if the threshold is small, IE it'll only match you if it finds a group within 50 MMR of you and only 50). Then there's the whole Dynamic queue which kind of throws the whole system away because of the queue limitations(Oh a gold is queued with 2 platinums? WELL OK THEN.) Then there's the whole making the teams equal in MMR in a sense(Which again D-queues throw off..)

...and then there's the old system. I remember way back when, Riot clarified that duo queuing with someone, your team would tend to have a lower, total, MMR than the opposing team in order to balance out the fact that you were duo queued. I'm wondering if that system is still in place for D-Queues or whether it's modified version of it...

It's definitely not a simple process as matching the square block into the square hole..

I should add I was queueing ADC / mid. I know mid is popular but ADC?

Fuck that's right, I didn't take into account that you have to pick roles prehand. That was always going to increase queue times for certain roles.

Definitely alot of factors when it comes to match making.

I remember the whole fracas of them banning the streamer who called out one of the twitch admins for giving special access to his boyfriend with global emotes.

Twitch can be stupid

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Any idea how long it takes for Match History to update? I have 2 - 3 matches from last night that still aren't showing up.

Why do people waste their time doing this . . . It's beyond me.

same, this happens occasionally

i had an awesome carry hard game on azir but it's not showing up in my history :(

23qwerty

I remember recently that twitch gave a warning to gross gore for something he said on twitter. This is way before the krepo thing.

That's fair though, by being partnered with Twitch he's also representing them. They completely have the right to drop him if he's doing bad shit in public. Same as any other company.

I donno what he said on twitter tho

jerd

But he wasn't playing the game o_O

HE GOT BANNED FROM IT

HE CAN NEVER EVER WATCH LEAGUE OF LEGENDS EVER AGAIN ON ANOTHER SITE

(It's a stupid rule)

Idk he was streaming (therefore profiting from) under the tag of a game from which he violated the terms of service (countless times), which violates twitch terms of service. Riot made it pretty clear they don't want him affiliated with their game. Whether or not they had anything to do with it idk and really it doesn't matter he was one of the highest viewed channels on a game he is banned from, logged into his account or not.

Quonny

Nah. His ban was from his text to speech and basically allowing horrible racism. He can filter words from donations but didn't. He could turn off text to speech but didn't.

There were "niggers", "faggots" and all other kinds of awful words being thrown around in his donations and he would just let them play. He'd go "oh no no no youll get me banned" but then take forever muting them, and then he'd challenge them to make good jokes.

His channel was a liability.

On a side note, erratic ping sucks.

On a side, side note, salty opponents are hilarious.

K3E3t9o.jpg

Leezard

Nah. His ban was from his text to speech and basically allowing horrible racism. He can filter words from donations but didn't. He could turn off text to speech but didn't.

There were "niggers", "faggots" and all other kinds of awful words being thrown around in his donations and he would just let them play. He'd go "oh no no no youll get me banned" but then take forever muting them, and then he'd challenge them to make good jokes.

His channel was a liability.
Ouch. No surprise he got banned, in that case.
On a side note, erratic ping sucks.

On a side, side note, salty opponents are hilarious.
That screenshot really captures the salt. 8/10.

Got 8k+ in IP ... not sure what champs I wanna blow it on.
Thinking Irelia/ Mao/ Renek/ Hecarim for top lane and then buying a cheaper, more bull shit champ as well like Veigar or even Nasus (Yall make him sound too good and I love having an excuse to farm .. also love late game scaling).

Wanna start ranked again and I need more champs for top (ehh, not really. I've been playing a lot of Cho and Sion and they can top fine. Them plus Trundle and Da Bear are cool for a pool ... but I'd like to add more).

Got 8k+ in IP ... not sure what champs I wanna blow it on.
Thinking Irelia/ Mao/ Renek/ Hecarim for top lane and then buying a cheaper, more bull shit champ as well like Veigar or even Nasus (Yall make him sound too good and I love having an excuse to not roam .. also love late game scaling).

Wanna start ranked again and I need more champs for top.

Nasus is an acquired taste

You need to know his match ups really well. This includes many match ups, including against Irelia, Renekton, Darius, etc.

I recommend him. But he's not for everyone. You have to really manage your lane-Know when to bait them to attack you to push the lane towards your tower, IE making Renek/Darius pop Q to push the lane, or when you can actually fight them once you get Sheen. irelia for example, you can farm freely, she might try to trade with you but you can back off while your minions attack her(Thus the lane pushing in your favor), and you can trade with her once you buy Sheen and she cannot do anything because she's a squishy little thing early on.

He's....like fine wine.

Top Bottom