• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/05/519-pbe-update.html

Ci1ziZAUYAEPuiw.jpg

Razor Shuriken (Q)
Base damage lowered to 70/105/140/175/210 from 75/115/155/195/235
AD ratio reduced to .9 from 1.0
Damage on Multi hit on same target changed to 75% from 50%

Death Mark (R)
Proc damage increased to 30/40/50% from 25/35/45%
AD ratio lowered to .5 from 1.0

Zed nerf'd... finally!

Leezard

Change QSS to not balance Zed/Fiora/Trundle around QSS existing as counterplay.

Change GW to balance Soraka around GW existing as counterplay.

If only there was some consistency here.

Leezard

Don't you see, Breezy?

Give it a couple of days and your Swain will get banned every game. Getting too OP will only bring sadness.

drawkcaB

Given the choice, I've always preferred overbuffing new champions/reworks than letting them sit in the doldrums for a while (e.g. Illaoi). OP champions get played,which gives Riot more actionable data, which leads to better champ definition down the road.

Given the choice, I've always preferred overbuffing new champions/reworks than letting them sit in the doldrums for a while (e.g. Illaoi). OP champions get played,which gives Riot more actionable data, which leads to better champ definition down the road.
OP champions either get banned and picked by shitters thinking they're OP which clouds how good they actually are or fly under the radar because they're not popular at the time or there are bigger problems requiring bans - hello Lucian and Nidalee - and just shit on the few games they show up, taking up months until they ultimately get too popular to ignore and actually nerfed.

I don't see the value in screwing balance for weeks and wasting bans just to get one champion's balance right. See Soraka.

Calvero

Banned
Kindred with 11 stacks done at around 22 minutes was disgusting. What a good carry jungle. Helps that everyone in my elo has been disrespecting her damage.

I believe their balance team is all Plat and above so for the most part yeah. That said, they do nerf curb stomping champions as well.

ahh dope. thanks!

I told you guys she'd be bad

But nooooo Breezy you dont know what youre talking about, Taliyah sounds oppppp, have you seen her wall

Real talki, Taliyah has a weak mid and late game. Her early game is ok, but she falls off incredibly fast.

I can see her being strong in a support role if only for her CC.

Well I did agree with you for once lol

I don't even know about her early game. Her CC is unreliable and her Q is hard to fully land with minions on the way so she's gonna have trouble by design vs most mid laners. I fully expect her to start getting micro reworks like Illaoi soon, her kit just doesn't really have a flow.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
she's awful as support

she doesn't do damage

she can't buff her team

all she has is her wall, her e slow is negligible and her w doesn't help much after laning phase

pigeon

Banned
Now is the perfect time to buy her because they're about to buff the shit out of her.

Lock-on Qs, R that does 300 damage, who knows? It's going to be a carnival of crazy design choices.

I'm a little surprised actually at her current state.

Quonny

Pretty sure everyone said she looked underwhelming from a strength standpoint when she was revealed. We had discussions about how it's hard to balance champions without a scaling ult, how her passive was boring and weird, etc etc.

nice try "prophet"

she's awful as support

she doesn't do damage

she can't buff her team

all she has is her wall, her e slow is negligible and her w doesn't help much after laning phase

The only thing thatd make her good as a support is her little rock launch and her rock field.

Pretty sure everyone said she looked underwhelming from a strength standpoint when she was revealed. We had discussions about how it's hard to balance champions without a scaling ult, how her passive was boring and weird, etc etc.

nice try "prophet"

Im pretty sure everyone was going "wow think about the combos! Wow her Q does alotta damage! Wow that ult is strong!"

Pretty sure you were one of them :p

Ill take a look later lol

After she came out on PBE people soured on her. I called it from the second I saw her skillset.
Just a lackluster skillset that doesnt mesh or work.

Quonny

she's awful as support

she doesn't do damage

she can't buff her team

She's the new Vel'Koz/Zyra support. When you want to take kills and do more damage than your ADC, you pick her. Her level 3 burst and CC is pretty damn strong. She can help snowball a lane.

Not saying she's a good support overall, but a coordinated duo can really catch opponents off guard. It's tiltworthy.

Maybe it only works in lower ELOs.

I like her kit and still think she's fun. I see her as a viable support with some buffs.

Currently, the risk/reward ratio for hitting skills in early game could use tuning. If nothing else, Riot could just buff her damage.

Blizzard

Banned
She's the new Vel'Koz/Zyra support. When you want to take kills and do more damage than your ADC, you pick her. Her level 3 burst and CC is pretty damn strong. She can help snowball a lane.

Not saying she's a good support overall, but a coordinated duo can really catch opponents off guard. It's tiltworthy.

Maybe it only works in lower ELOs.
What CC does she have? The knockup is 1 second (compare to Nami's 1.5 seconds) and the slow is both small AND ultra short range. Not building as a tank and getting enemies in your slow field range is asking to get nuked.

If anything, I think Riot could reduce her ult cooldown a lot. That's one of the most unique parts of her kit, it doesn't do damage, and the cooldown is absolutely massive.

I may have thought she was an awesome concept and I still think her ult is fantastic buuuut I have ALWAYS hated the lil mine field bs.

It's close range, it take time to go off, it doesn't stop people from jumping on you and it's CC is meh. It's like she has a wasted skill that doesn't help her cause she shouldn't want to be in someone's face but she has to be.

Her Q is a great ideal ... but it can be blocked by just standing behind minions yet it's her key dmg skill.

I really have no clue who she's good against in lane. With AS it's the opposition ... he's good against most any ranged champ I've seen and strong as fuck without even trying when he gets rolling. His match up are pretty clear and he can gank lanes while also being good in lane. BUT he doesn't wanna lane against someone with dashes and shit. Pretty clear and simple.

Quonny

What CC does she have? The knockup is 1 second (compare to Nami's 1.5 seconds) and the slow is both small AND ultra short range. Not building as a tank and getting enemies in your slow field range is asking to get nuked.

If anything, I think Riot could reduce her ult cooldown a lot. That's one of the most unique parts of her kit, it doesn't do damage, and the cooldown is absolutely massive.

She has incredible disengage. She's incredibly strong against a gank. Her slow field + knocking away a target deters most ganks. Her speed up on worked ground means she can get away easier. If she's 6 she can stand between the opponents and her ADC and ride the wall away while making it safe for her ADC.

And her knock up is a knock away, a very important distinction. You can lay down the rock field then if they're still chasing you land an easy knock-away.

It's fine if you don't think she is. I don't think she's that great either. But she's most definitely not garbage and works really well with hyper carries (since her disengage is quite strong) and champions that have early power spikes like Lucian (her burst is also really powerful).

Blizzard

Banned
She has incredible disengage. She's incredibly strong against a gank. Her slow field + knocking away a target deters most ganks. Her speed up on worked ground means she can get away easier. If she's 6 she can stand between the opponents and her ADC and ride the wall away while making it safe for her ADC.

And her knock up is a knock away, a very important distinction. You can lay down the rock field then if they're still chasing you land an easy knock-away.

It's fine if you don't think she is. I don't think she's that great either. But she's most definitely not garbage and works really well with hyper carries (since her disengage is quite strong) and champions that have early power spikes like Lucian (her burst is also really powerful).
I think the bolded are what I question. The knockaway is slightly mechanically demanding because of the double button press, meaning you have to land a skillshot and then aim it properly while simultaneously running away.

The minefield isn't a disengage, it's merely a kiting tool -- same for Q. R could in theory be disengage but you're a sitting duck while it charges, and it has a 2+ minute cooldown.

Maybe we disagree on terminology? I consider Janna ult to be disengage since it pushes everyone out of the teamfight area. Or Anivia wall that blocks everyone, or Alistar headbutt.

Her slow field is garbage and needs to be basically cast at melee range, her W is hard to land - specially since mobility is the name of the game in bot lane - and a delayed wall with mobility everywhere is not really disengage unless you're like vs Udyr or Volibear. She's not stopping anything in mid to close range from jumping at her or her ADC.

"Incredible disengage" is what Zyra, Taric or Janna do, not an unreliable spell that you only get at level 6 and a dodgeable pushback.

pigeon

Banned
I just feel like her kit is pretty janky.

Q is a nice ability design. The scaling on it is actually not great (hitting with all five rocks is equivalent to Swain landing E on you once), although I guess it has a small area effect.

W is a bummer. I get what they're trying to do, which is give her a knockback in any direction, but this implementation makes it hard to tune because it CAN'T be much faster since you need time to recast it. Why is this ability not a drag smartcast? They already invented the UI idiom for this!

E is just a big pile of stuff. Does damage on cast. Is a slow. Does damage if you dash. Does damage if you get knocked directionally (so just landing a W isn't enough, you need to land the W and cast it in the direction of the boulders in the duration of the ability). Does damage AGAIN when it ends. Except that if you're standing in a place where somebody got knocked through or dashed it doesn't do damage. There's nothing elegant about this design. Nor does it feel like a thing an artsy hipster earthweaver, would do. They're just a bunch of little rocks!

The ult is fine but overthought. I get that global terrain creation is a terrifying idea, but they limited it so much that in practice I don't think it does that much. There's a ton of room to push this ability. Also this is the third ability she has that gives her additional movement speed, none of which work together well.

She doesn't have a clean combo. Her big damage is get close, drop E, W enemy through the field. But also there's Q which is clearly a damage spell but not part of her damage combo. Nor does she have a good way to get in close enough to drop E under people.

I dunno, I'm bummed. I love the concept and the character. She must have been hugely broken at some point in design to come out the way she did.

But she's most definitely not garbage and works really well with hyper carries (since her disengage is quite strong) and champions that have early power spikes like Lucian (her burst is also really powerful).

I dunno, she has a 37% win rate according to Daniel Z. Klein. She's not great! By comparison, Swain was at around that win rate and they buffed the living fuck out of him last patch and now apparently he's super dumb again. I'm not sure what point this comparison is trying to convey except get ready for Taliyah's ult to have a 3 second stun added or something.

Blizzard

Banned
That's fine, agree to disagree.
To be clear what we're agreeing to disagree about -- are you disagreeing on terminology, saying her slow field / poke is disengage?

Or are you disagreeing on how easy they are?

*edit* A drag smartcast for W would be nice.

I dunno, I'm bummed. I love the concept and the character. She must have been hugely broken at some point in design to come out the way she did.
Nah, Syndra was like that and doesn't have that problem. It's more like they had individual ideas for her kit but didn't really mesh together. Why does worked ground not affect the rest of her kit? Things like that.

Top Bottom